• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Heavy Lay Line armor coming in the future?

3R09ZRv.jpg

Fry-WigOut.gif

GUYS

GUYS

IM DONE

spiritfox

Pfft... A new dungeon? A way to get new armor skins ingame? That's a joke. We all know it will be a gem store armor skin.

Also:

XZab.png

Think I need more bank slots...

Convert them all to Vision Crystals.

I wish we can at least vendor Ascended stuff. Makes looting ascended items useless after you got what you needed.

BraXzy

Pfft... A new dungeon? A way to get new armor skins ingame? That's a joke. We all know it will be a gem store armor skin.

Also:

XZab.png

Think I need more bank slots...

You need a level 450 profession and Obsidian Shards so that you can turn them into bricks/stars. It costs the fair bit to get to it but it's worth it in the long run.

Alternatively, make Mawdrey II and feed it till it's fat.

Korten

Banned
You need a level 450 profession and Obsidian Shards so that you can turn them into bricks/stars. It costs the fair bit to get to it but it's worth it in the long run.

Alternatively, make Mawdrey II and feed it till it's fat.

I know. XD Got full ascended armor/weapons, but I don't have much obsidian shards left so I haven't bothered to craft vision crystals.

I also currently have 37 Lump of Mithrilim and 31 globs of Elder spirit residue.

spiritfox

Not crazy about the data-mined armors but I suppose it comes down to what parts visually are connected to each of the 6 armor slots. Yanking these imgur links from reddit post for viewing here.

Heavy

Medium

Light

I guess these are the PvP armors? The heavy armor looks similar to what they showed in the blog entry.

Hedge

Aside from the mini-skirts, it irks me that girls get a butterfly on all of their shoulder armours, yet men do not. At least I hope there'll be a butterfly on the light male shoulder piece. I was hoping for more equality between the male/female versions of armours.

It's very difficult to judge armors before the finalized version. Also due to dyes. I feel I can't make up my mind until I see them in-game.

I guess that just speaks to the strength of the dye and wardrobe system!

Retro

So yeah, gafguild is dead..again..still...one of those.

It seems to be down intermittently these days, Ferny and I kept missing each other on Steam yesterday, but he said he had some news. Will keep you guys posted. It is up now, though.

It's very difficult to judge armors before the finalized version.

On one hand, yay, we get to see cool stuff that's coming and get excited about it.

On the other, the developers are frustrated that incomplete work that isn't meant to be seen publicly (and not just armor, Living Story details too, see Marjory's apparent death last season), things that are meant for China (the whole VIP access people lost their shit over), things that should be surprises or aren't actually going to happen (like the school outfits / bikinis). Then the community, who takes even a datamined item code as a "Promise from the Devs", whines about things not being implemented yet when there was never any intention to implement them at all.

I imagine if there was some way to keep that sort of unfinished stuff out of the builds, they would since this has been an ongoing problem. I actually wish they would start trolling the dataminers by slipping in models and data for things that couldn't possibly exist. Have somebody make really rough models of flying cars, or put in data for items that suggest a new "Owlsmith" crafting profession that just makes owl statues out of wood and metal.

Unfortunately, there's no way for the community to stop datamining. Even That_Shaman, who is usually pretty respectful when it comes to major spoilers, has dropped a fair amount of info that shouldn't have been released. For every miner who knows not to post crap like that, there's 3 who don't care and just want Reddit Karma or whatever.

spiritfox

Crafting in this game or so confusing. There are so many mats and crap....

It's pretty straightforward. Just remember that all equipment require 3 basic components: The inscription/insignia that governs the stat spread, and the 2 parts that make up the equipment. Equipment levels are governed my the level of crafting you're at, starting at 10 for T1 (Bronze, Jute, etc.) and ending at 80 for T6. All basic components are opened at the requisite crafting level without the need for discovery, you just need to combine them in the discovery panel to get the equipment you want. The more complex recipes only come at Master and Grandmaster levels, and those often have recipes you need to buy, no need for discovery.

So for example you want a Bronze Mighty Sword. You'll first need a Mighty Inscription, which you can craft by using a dowel and some Weak Blood. Then you'll need the 2 sword parts, the bronze hilt and blade. Finally, you just go into the discovery panel and double click on these 3 items, so they appear on the right panel. If it's a proper recipe, it'll let you combine the items, and you get your new Bronze Sword. The recipe is saved in your list of crafting items, so next time you want to craft that same sword, you need to pick that instead. This same process is repeated all the way up to Master level, with the only difference being the level of mats used. Exo and Ascended crafting are slightly different, but they still follow mostly the same format.

However, Chef doesn't follow this format at all. It's called an advanced craft for a reason. If you need help, the wiki has all the recipes.

markot

Banned
Except nothing's explained at all. Then there's mystic forge crap that you have to Google to figure out.

Trying to finally level past 450 and it's just stupid.

spiritfox

Crafting in this game is ridiculous without a guide.

Says the person who cannot even use Teamspeak =P

Yeah the crafting interface isn't the best. However, I found it pretty straightforward. Crafting at 400+ is pretty much the same as the lower levels, you just need more mats than usual. Crafting at 500 is pretty annoying though. You don't need to use the Mystic Forge at all for leveling crafting.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Slab of Meat + bread + cheese = cheeseburger.

That's all I was every able to figure out on my own and when I did figure it out, I wasn't high enough cooking level to craft it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
IS the controller setup as great as the OP claims?

It's amazing and I could never imagine playing the game any other way. I use different controls than those in the OP, basically swapping pointer mode / jumping / swap weapon around to fit my playstyle, but the one in the OP is the preferred one and people love it.

I like to think that all the controller users are better players.
At least when it comes to jumping puzzles.

BraXzy

Crafting in this game is ridiculous without a guide.

I've gotta be honest, I couldn't imagine doing crafting without one. Not all the way anyhow, even with a guide it's a bit of a chore unfortunately.

Slab of Meat + bread + cheese = cheeseburger.

That's all I was every able to figure out on my own and when I did figure it out, I wasn't high enough cooking level to craft it.

That is the saddest story I've ever heard. What kind of game deprives a man of his burger?

BraXzy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
once you craft a few things with discovery it makes sense pretty much through the entire profession... guides will just speed things up or save you money.
IS the controller setup as great as the OP claims?
It's pretty awesome. The file that we used to supply that made it almost a one-click setup isn't working at the moment, but it's still pretty simple and I'm happy to help if you run into any issues. Note that Windows 8 is not currently supported.
SPOILER: SAB is never coming back.

I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN!
doesn't say that.

Should we all collectively flip out like the DOTA 2 fanbase and start spamming car manufacturers with つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SUPER ADVENTURE BOX?

As for datamined spoilers, as nifty as they are, wouldn't it be more prudent to label them as spoilers here in the thread? I specifically do not go into the datamine threads on reddit, because I do consider them spoilers - but then it all gets pasted here anyway.

I'm okay with no SAB but I do hope we get a new dungeon before too long. Dungeons are fun, mang.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DUNGEONS ded gaem

I still think the dungeons are pretty difficult as your levelling. I did AC Story on my thief last night and we barely made it through. But, then, I pugged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom