• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I think the interview was mostly ignored because it didn't say anything.

This too. It often happens in these interviews but I don't blame the devs. If they get asked about something they simply aren't ready to discuss there's not a lot else they can do besides skirt around it.

Oh oh, top of the page. Have a pretty GW2 gif I found.

tumblr_n96jwe348T1ten86ko7_500.gif

I love how these two came one after the other.

I haven't been keeping an eye on the Reddit stuff, which bit are they going mental over? The lack of SAB or the vague as always information on Precursors?
Precursor scavenging isn't new content though.
It can be delayed without much fuss.

Delaying SAB 3.0 is pretty dumb, and not something this "no expansion allowed" game can afford much.

A bit annoyed here. I was really anticipating it when I jumped back in for Season 2 start.

Note: If that interview was entire troll and they release it at anniversary or something, disregard post and I'm dumb.

Anno

Reddit seems pretty incensed, but what else is new. On the other hand I get some of their complaints as most of the reasons given for some of the reasonable questions were pretty shitty. No first person mode because it makes combat hard? That's basically just dodging the question, because no one wants it for combat unless they're crazy.

It doesn't seem like that interview should've been released, or maybe even done. Nothing of worth came of it. But I guess plenty of people here agree that ANet is pretty bad at PRing their game.

Moondrop

Banned
I was making a condition damage build for pve with my engineer but then I realised that I was dealing way too much damage and agrooing the mobs very often and getting downed very often as the result. Is like a tankier build for engineer something playable?
I developed a tanky 0-kit engineer for WvW, but it does so little damage it's not really viable for PvE. You could probably develop a tanky engineer around flamethrower and toolkit though.

The other way to deal with the time-to-kill of condition damage is to take the speedy kits trait; that should allow you to kite mobs until they drop.

BraXzy

That's a good point, it probably would've been better to not do at all if it's all true.

I do have a hope and a feeling that we are being trolled and we are gonna get a sneaky something come next week. We'll have to wait and see.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Oh man reddit right now so many people I have not seen in long time have come back and many people who supposedly quit the game just to jump on Anet.

Did anyone else notice that the devs they interviewed have little to do with the kinds of questions asked

Devon Carver
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Devon_Carver
Devon Carver is a content designer for ArenaNet and the head of World versus World design team. He formerly served as a QA analyst for ArenaNet.

Matt Wuerffel
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Matt_Wuerffel
Matt Wuerffel is a staff member at ArenaNet. He is the head of the End Game Systems team, which is responsible for the creation, simplification, and unification of several core systems.

BraXzy

Lunar15

SAB has to put Anet in a weird spot. There's a large contingency that wants it back and there's a large contingency that never wants to see it again.

I'm all for content, even if it's content I don't like. I don't like shitting on other people's parades, you know?

Zeroth

Why not put SAB? I mean, just add the precious versions. People who liked it can play, people who didn't can ignore. Wouldn't shift resources in developing a divisive content, at least.

BraXzy

I don't know all too much about it but I don't see why they wouldn't just add it back in if anything as it was. Maybe remove some of the rare skins or make new ones so people don't cause an uproar about that. I can't see how it would harm anyone otherwise. Maybe they are saving it for something, they must have something up their sleeve for the two year anniversary right?

SAB and a new event is coming August 26th, believe.

From the interview:

"We're not working on SAB, we're not putting in first-person view".

After, over at reddit:

fire_community.gif

"Devs don't care. PvE is worthless. PvP is worthless. WvW is worthless."
"Anet run by five people"
"I miss the old Anet. I don't like the new Anet."
"Game dead"
"Anet has no idea what they're doing."

I had to actually close that tab, and go do something else. It's gotten stupid over there. I ain't mad though, more like:

IDjuPYX.png

"Ha ha, you're mad."

Phase 1 of my three-phase plan to get Mawdry II is complete (Mysterious Vine, get).

Brax was like:

tumblr_n9ft27P0Li1r7rgowo2_250.gif

"We need people for dungeons"

GAF was like:

tumblr_n9ft27P0Li1r7rgowo3_250.gif
tumblr_n9ft27P0Li1r7rgowo4_250.gif
tumblr_n9ft27P0Li1r7rgowo1_250.gif

And then there were too many people, and I think Zeroth ragequit. ;..;

Korten

Banned
From the interview:

After, over at reddit:

fire_community.gif

"Game dead"

I had to actually close that tab, and go do something else. It's gotten stupid over there. I ain't mad though, more like:

IDjuPYX.png

"Ha ha, you're mad."

Phase 1 of my three-phase plan to get Mawdry II is complete (Mysterious Vine, get).

Brax was like:

GAF was like:

Problem is, is that ArenaNet isn't really making it easy to defend them... A lot of answers were really shitty.

leng jai

From the interview:

After, over at reddit:

fire_community.gif

"Game dead"

IDjuPYX.png

"Ha ha, you're mad."

Brax was like:

GAF was like:

Net doesn't need to be defended for this. The fact they won't put the old SAB back in is utter nonsense and that's before you take into account the fact they charged people for the Infinite Continue Coin.

The less said about precursor crafting the better, that's just a farce now.

Eh. I guess I'm just not the kind of guy that sees one derpy interview with non-answers as somehow invalidating the last two years of a great game, nor does it make me want to burn the whole thing to the ground because I can't get what ah want when ah want it, etc.

Yes, Anet often has a messaging problem, but to be honest I don't blame them - look at how apeshit the community goes when stuff is datamined. Look at how apeshit people on reddit go when Anet says nothing, says something, stands on one leg...

"Arenanet *promised* Tengu! They're not out yet, Arenanet lied!"

The *vocal* community that loves to ragewhine on reddit and the forums: worthless. That's not to say there aren't *valid* criticism to be levied against Anet, Anet is hardly blameless and have made plenty of missteps. But the sheer venom, the sheer entitlement, the sheer internet jimmy rustling from some types: nope. I do not consider their opinions valid, even if the topic they have opinions about is a valid topic.

There is constructive criticism, and then there's the rabid little shitlords (copyright Retro) on the official forums and subreddit who are just noise, muddying up the channel and drowning out the actual valid criticisms or discussions. They are the first to start saying things like "I hope whoever made SAB is fired, set on fire, and their family set on fire", and while it's obviously jimmy rustled inspired hyperbole, it's still the kind of shit developers don't need nor deserve: no matter how badly they answered in an interview.

Problem is, is that ArenaNet isn't really making it easy to defend them... A lot of answers were really shitty.

You don't have to defend them, if you dont want to. You just have to realize that like always people are overreacting. Which is exactly teh reason why Arenanet doesn't say anything. Anet "fan" are the definition of fanatics and they go beyond anything consider as reasonable in terms of reaction.

Ashodin

I think there's a lot of undue stress towards ANet to try to deliver the "anti-WoW" and these people want it to be "their game".

Retro

Just so you guys know, I was banned once for "image spam", though I'm 99% sure that's because a certain mod didn't like a certain image I posted once. Just sayin', not every response needs a GIF.

In that spirit, here's a response that needed a GIF! I'm not direct linking it because it's a tad large;

http://abload.de/img/redditsucksxdjbq.gif

Enjoy.

Proven

Considering all daggers are getting mini cleave, I'd really, really like it if Necro Axe had a small AoE of damage around the target you're auto-attacking.

Katoki

Braham weapon skins and Marjory's weapon skins and Belinda's greatsword and Kasmeer's staff and Rox's weapon skins and a Ceremonial plated armor outfit.

leng jai

Katana would make more sense as a single handed sword. It's a bit too meek for a GS, but I guess we do have too many ridiculously oversized ones already.

I always knew SAB fans were crazy.

On another not I hope ANET just ignores all of these thing happening in subreddit and doesn't waste time replying with clarification.

Stuff like this is gonna make them want to do less and less interim views and share future plans.

Korten

Banned
I always knew SAB fans were crazy.

On another not I hope ANET just ignores all of these thing happening in subreddit and doesn't waste time replying with clarification.

Stuff like this is gonna make them want to do less and less interim views and share future plans.

Considering they sold a gem store item for SAB, it would be really stupid for them to not bring it back. Or at the very least refund anyone who bought the unlimited coin. Better than telling their fans they bought an item that will never be usable again.

Hell it was 99 Cents... I mean 78gold. But worth it.

PYN1q5j.gif

That's it. That's the last skin Frezu will ever seek to aquire. It's been a long road over the last two years and it took a lot of effort and luck getting my ascended greatsword. Now my other characters need to find their iconic weapons too:)))

DVHQRG0.jpg

It just jumped almost 4g in the span of minutes. wow! better wait a bit before converting to more gems! I want Majorys dagger and and kasmeers staff skins. they seem essential for any necro and mesmer. Not sure about the shield. I already have the guild tower shield.

leng jai

So who initiated the interview anyway? What was the point of having it if you're essentially not going to say anything of substance?

So who initiated the interview anyway? What was the point of having it if you're essentially not going to say anything of substance?

I understand the upset over precursor crafting and little WvW love, but I don't see the upset for the other thing. That was very strange requests for a first person mode? Seems like a terrible idea!

Considering they sold a gem store item for SAB, it would be really stupid for them to not bring it back. Or at the very least refund anyone who bought the unlimited coin. Better than telling their fans they bought an item that will never be usable again.
They have never used the work "never coming back" they just said that it doesn't fit in the current theme of the living world. There is nothing stopping them from bringing it out between LS2 and LS3 lets say. So calm you tits.

It was most likely that Ollenach (interviewer) told them he was gonna be at Gamescomm and asked if he could ask them some questions and they obliged. It doesn't look like Colin was down there or I'm sure they would have interviewed him instead.

Mxrz

If people loved sab so much, probably should have played world 2 instead of just bitching about it on the forums. The community killed SAB, not ANet.

But people are full of it. They bitch, they cry, yet they keep on playing. If something is making you this miserable, why the hell would you keep doing it? Instead they choose to shit up every avenue of discussion in the vain hopes of having their pissing validated. And f' Tengu. Terrible animu-chicken race.

Did you guys consider enjin? My guild uses it. Mumble/Forums. no noticeable downtime.

If people loved sab so much, probably should have played world 2 instead of just bitching about it on the forums. The community killed SAB, not ANet.

But people are full of it. They bitch, they cry, yet they keep on playing. If something is making you this miserable, why the hell would you keep doing it? Instead they choose to shit up every avenue of discussion in the vain hopes of having their pissing validated. And f' Tengu. Terrible animu-chicken race.

Did you guys consider enjin? My guild uses it. Mumble/Forums. no noticeable downtime.

Did you leave GAFGuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom