• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Who will dare to kick Darth Maul.

edit: For top of the page:

Speaking of which, we've passed the 480 mark again. It's a cull or be culled world.

I don't know what our cutoff is yet in terms of timeframe, but I would like to clear 100 spots if feasible this time. So:

If you have not been active but do not wish to be kicked, log in once before Tuesday, August 26th.

As always, if you are culled this has nothing to do with you personally and you need only ask for a reinvite. "Noticing that you have been kicked" is about the level of activity we demand from our members.

Again, the culling is coming, six days from today.

So it is written.

BraXzy

Shots fired at Braxie and Tutrice aka Braxie Tutrice.

Hehe. I wanted one anyway, plus it will come in handy for guild events. And it is tripling in price in the future. Since I'm a billionaire, it was a win win situation to buy one :p

Speaking of which, we've passed the 480 mark again. It's a cull or be culled world.

I don't know what our cutoff is yet in terms of timeframe, but I would like to clear 100 spots if feasible this time. So:

If you have not been active but do not wish to be kicked, log in once before Tuesday, August 26th.

As always, if you are culled this has nothing to do with you personally and you need only ask for a reinvite. "Noticing that you have been kicked" is about the level of activity we demand from our members.

So it is written.

The great bird has spoken. May we all be safe on the night of cull.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
makin' my job easy here :3

edit: as a reward this is what kuma looked like right when I first got her
ibyuaDwf09RCsj.JPG

hythloday

makin' my job easy here :3

edit: as a reward this is what kuma looked like right when I first got her

*pages Secretary that I don't actually have*
"Janet, hold my calls and reschedule that board meeting. I will be busy saying AWwwwwwwwwwwwwww for the entire rest of the day."

Zeroth

Looks like Week 1 of Feature Pack was all detailed at PAX so the articles are not as exciting this time around.

Not sure what Prepare to Fight is all about which is maybe the only thing they didn't announce at PAX I think.

Next two weeks should have a lot more exciting reveals for me at least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like Week 1 of Feature Pack was all detailed at PAX so the articles are not as exciting this time around.

Not sure what Prepare to Fight is all about which is maybe the only thing they didn't announce at PAX I think.

Next two weeks should have a lot more exciting reveals for me at least.

the post
We’re also happy to announce that once you are a commander, you will have access to a variety of colors. Choose from red, yellow, purple, or classic blue to customize your commander icon!

With the added functionality of becoming account bound and the addition of new colors to choose from, the price of the Commander’s Compendium will be adjusted to 300 gold.

you will need to make this purchase only once!
*scratches head*

Could be having a dumb morning, but this post doesn't really spell out the "300g per color" thing so far as I can see, and comes awfully close to saying that the opposite is true?

I guess it's probably just vaguely written?

edit: reddit's as confused as I am http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2e3bcu/big_changes_are_coming_to_the_commander_system/

good thing we all immediately started frothing at the mouth before even seeing the official blog post so that we could say "the complaining worked"

now if the 300g per color aspect actually is true we can add on that Anet lied too!

big old shrug until official clarification. but if I can switch to my delicious purple tag on sept. 8th without spending another dime, so much the better

the post

*scratches head*

Could be having a dumb morning, but this post doesn't really spell out the "300g per color" thing so far as I can see, and comes awfully close to saying that the opposite is true?

I guess it's probably just vaguely written?

Yeah, that seems strange since in that GuildMag demo they spelled out that each colour will cost 300g.

Maybe they changed their mind or just an article mistake.

If article is true...PEOPLE WHO WANT TAGS, BUY THEM NOW~!!!!!!

Moondrop

Banned
Yup, there is a place for negative feedback and it sounds like this is working out.

I'll be scraping together gold for a tag. Being grandfathered into anything is always nice.

Also I wish the yellow tag were orange so we could refer to them all with Ninja Turtle shorthand.

So it is written.

Avoiding the Culling is my new favorite part of GW2.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
people who want tags should buy them now anyway. becoming account bound without additional purchase was never in dispute.

i have no idea if the person from Anet was wrong when they were asked the question, misunderstood the information they were given to divulge in response to that question (the "no hierarchy" aspect makes sense), they changed the policy in response to complaints, they changed the policy internally regardless (the official post hadn't been made yet, there have been changed to statements before), or that the article is just being vague enough that it sounds like you don't have to buy each color with enough linguistic leeway that you still do. no idea.

this kind of thing wouldn't happen if they got me to write these :>

Anno

This is the kind of stuff about ANets communication that I don't get. Various boards have been in a hubbub ever since the "300g per color" thing came out and have just been left to go crazy. There was no clarification so I can only assume that was true at the time.

Now this comes out and seems to point to the contrary maybe/kinda/sorta? So now if it doesn't end up the case then people will bitch even harder and claim they were mislead. Why not just give an official answer so people can either calm down or at least not have even more reason to complain later?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why not just give an official answer so people can either calm down or at least not have even more reason to complain later?
I expect one by EOD

edit: should have said "end of minute"

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/502133727343169538
kindly shine your pitchforks and place them back in display case, etc.

edit again for the lazy:
Question: "This makes it sound like there won't be a 300g charge per color."
Rubi: "Yep, that's exactly what it says!"

Moondrop

Banned
Sure, it's possible this was Anet's plan all along. But these "gaming journalism" interviews aren't conducted guerilla style. Whatever the case, I'm glad they're going about it reasonably.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ingenious troll if you mean the entire thing was their plan. 300g seems a lot easier to stomach now than it did when it was first announced even though I assumed the 300g included the color-switching at the time.

After the feature pack, commanders will cost 300g.
Commander icons will be account wide now.

You don't need to buy each colour separately.

Lfnr6Hz.png

Existing commanders will get all the colours, so will new commanders.

DTXupmz.png

495WBC6.png

Moondrop

Banned
Ok, if I accept your proposition that they never intended to charge 300g/color, then I must also believe they have terrible control over their messaging with external media. Which seems reasonable given this week's kerfluffle.

Either way I don't give a damn. I take the game as it is, not as I wish it to be.

Zeroth

I'm disgusted by Anet's decision. I sold all my bank and inventory items to get enough gold to buy all tags, and now they cancel that? I demand the old price comes back or I will drop my subscription!

Ok, if I accept your proposition that they never intended to charge 300g/color, then I must also believe they have terrible control over their messaging with external media. Which seems reasonable given this week's kerfluffle.

Either way I don't give a damn. I take the game as it is, not as I wish it to be.

It was changed based on feedback.

WZK5l7r.png

Because, y'know. ArenaNet doesn't care, and never listens.

7H4QYEe.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After the feature pack, commanders will cost 300g.
Commander icons will be account wide now.

You don't need to buy each colour separately.

Lfnr6Hz.png

Existing commanders will get all the colours, so will new commanders.

DTXupmz.png

495WBC6.png
keep up my friend!

even though this was an item changed in response to feedback, the bold has simply always been the case, it should not be a surprise, nor is this kerfuffle anything particularly new, unique to the specific complaints raised, a change in philosophy, a recent occurrence that differs from past vagaries, and so on

ArenaNet is near universally solid as far as the marketing concept as well as advertising, and near-universally lacking in product marketing and customer communications. If anyone from either team is reading this, I mean no insult to the work you do in an incredibly tough job pushing a sprawling, complex product to unimaginably disparate audiences. It is no easy task by any stretch of the imagination. as always, on the organization as a whole, I prefer the company emphasize development, support, QA and infrastructure over marketing anyway due to the nature of the product.

Callunah

Neo Member
*shrug* that'd be a lot of work. I bet we get all four colors if you buy it now.

Thats what the post said .. "Existing commanders will be grandfathered into this new system. If you’re already a commander, please enjoy this additional upgrade."

that says to me... if you currently have a tag.. you get the whole tamale without charge.

Jira

I have to say that there's pros and cons to the slow drip of feature reveals. On one hand it keeps you looking forward to each day leading up to its release. On the other hand you have crap where sites will report on a few things in the pack and people with no outside knowledge that there's more to come think that's it and then try to shit on the game. Honestly they should just dump all the info at once in terms of a high level then do the detailed blogs as they normally would. Basically here's a rough idea of every feature coming in the pack and then detail it day by day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom