• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
At least their ignorant self-justifications and moralizing are amusing. Like a villain explaining how they're misunderstood and fighting the true evil.

Thorgal

my guild mission idea (though likely unfeasible ) :

have members start in different zones in the north part of the map roughly all at the same distance and when the go signall is given it is a race to see who can reach the Arah Dungeon entrance first.

Rules :

No wp alowed.

No speed boosters allowed.

No skills alowed that give speedboosts.

Everything else is fair game.

Optional:

Players have to pass a guild bank in one location (Divity Reach ) to reclaim an item tvat they have to show at the fi ish line .

BraXzy

Jeez, RNG gods really do not like me. I just did 50 pops into the Mystic Forge for Powerful Blood, and it came in at an average just under 6 at a time :(

RcQQkwM.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i wish people doing the DDOS could be tracked back, so other people could DDOS their computer. and maybe fry it?
If they can be identified, and in the US, UK or several other countries they're liable for legal action including jail time. this dude was sentenced to prison and he was only DDOSing the decidedly-less-pleasant Scientology website!

Jira

Interesting data from China.

over 5 million times Jumping Puzzles were completed
over 342 million hearts were completed
over 3 billion transactions took place in the trading post
over 4 billion world boss kills.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
4 billion world boss kills

the game launched May 15th

roughly 96 days

That is ~41,666,666. kills per day. 41 million, six hundred and sixty-six thousand, six hundred and sixty-six kills per day. I don't think that can be anywhere close to true.

Zeroth

4 billion world boss kills

the game launched May 15th

roughly 96 days

That is ~41,666,666. kills per day. 41 million, six hundred and sixty-six thousand, six hundred and sixty-six kills per day. I don't think that can be anywhere close to true.

They may have meant boss fights. IIRC the translation is a bit shoddy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
maybe it's along the lines of everyone who has gotten a champion kill, or something like that. like if 50 people are killing a champ that counts as 50.

BraXzy

maybe it's along the lines of everyone who has gotten a champion kill, or something like that. like if 50 people are killing a champ that counts as 50.

They'll definitely be counting one person killing it as a kill each. So if a hundred people are there "100" world bosses died. But that's still pretty crazy so it probably is something like Champion kills and up.

Katoki

Oh! I see stuff for people to complain about regarding having to grab their reward the week after a particular match. Here we go.

Also, EotM IS a WvW map so I don't see why not.

Levyne

Banned
Were there tickets in the first tournament? I don't remember that much. Missed the second.

Maybe I should finally get slowly back into wvw with the short tourney...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Lizard Squad @LizardSquad · 51s
We're now hitting everything we've done in the past with everything we've got. This should be fun.

lol really, dos guild wars 2 of all games lol.

BraXzy

Why out of all the online companies are NCSoft targetted often? I suppose it's more us noticing the attacks when it hits something we use but still.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
[QUOTE="LizardSquad]Why do we do it? Multi-million dollar companies aren't spending your money to ensure your game has good service. DDoS is so old it's funny[/QUOTE]

That doesn't even make sense....

Why would you try to "prove" large companies aren't spending the money on infrastructure by slamming their networks with an amount of traffic that never, ever would be even close to the maximum they would normally experience?

That would be similar to testing a tank by dropping a nuke onto it. Then crying that military contractors are wasting our money by not making nuke-proof tanks.

BraXzy

That would be similar to testing a tank by dropping a nuke onto it. Then crying that military contractors are wasting their money by not making nuke-proof tanks.

You know.. that's a incredibly good point. Why the hell can't tanks take a nuke to the face? I want my money back.

It is indeed a silly excuse.. we'll just have to wait till the childish kids have had their fun breaking things.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Pretty much unfortunately. They are seeking attention by attacking a lot of major companies. Hopefully those companies don't give them the attention they seek, and just calmly deal with the situation.

wsippel

Banned
So, after all my bitching, I actually have to give props to NCSoft's support. They did a great job and fixed all my acute problems. Great stuff, almost up there with Silicon Graphics back in the day. Fast, friendly and effective.

So, after all my bitching, I actually have to give props to NCSoft's support. They did a great job and fixed all my acute problems. Great stuff, almost up there with Silicon Graphics back in the day. Fast, friendly and effective.

I've heard great things about the GW2 support staff, and even NCSoft's support. I'm less amiable towards NCSoft's support, since they refuse to help me with my admittedly unique Guild Wars 1 issue, but I can't entirely blame them since I am an outlier. But GW2, I've seen nothing but excellent support response times and help across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom