• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Thanks Braxzy and Kos... you guys are ace in my book. This disease is slow killer... and people need to be made aware.. even if its something like thie challenge.

That video was heartbreaking :(

I'll admit, I was one of the people who knew nothing about it prior to this challenge going viral but I suppose that's the point, it's made me aware. I was more than happy to do it, even if just one extra person saw mine and had the same effect.

It's not about being a pussy, it's about actually donating money instead of getting wet. The challenge is to either donate money OR get dunked.

The real pussies are the ones who don't donate.

I did both. I get that you don't have to, and in all fairness it's not an obligation but all the same, I think it is almost as important as the donation itself. I constantly see people say "Herp derp this is pointless, just donate" but if everyone had done that, there would be no raised awareness. Regardless of how many celebrities do it purely for positive PR and to join in, they still bring the disease up amongst their millions of fans.

But I totally agree about the last part, people who just do the challenge and leave it there to simply join in the fun are kinda missing the point but at least they add to the noise.

Going to LA is always weird to me as whenever i go there i have the impression that i should feel horribly depressed at the destruction.

But since i never got too experience how it looked before Scarlets assault i do t feel anything.

Hell. for me it will be weird when the city is fully rebuild again.

I just came back after a while and was like "WTF? There used to be a cool ship with a trading post here ... "

I started looking around and was amazed at how different everything looks.

It's not about being a pussy, it's about actually donating money instead of getting wet. The challenge is to either donate money OR get dunked.

Eh. From my experience most people both do the challenge and donate, even though the rules technically make it an either/or thing. But then, I've only noticed this trend over the past couple days.

PS Not gonna be there for Guild Missions on Saturday. Family function. Soz!

Callunah

Neo Member
That video was heartbreaking :(

I'll admit, I was one of the people who knew nothing about it prior to this challenge going viral but I suppose that's the point, it's made me aware. I was more than happy to do it, even if just one extra person saw mine and had the same effect.

I did both. I get that you don't have to, and in all fairness it's not an obligation but all the same, I think it is almost as important as the donation itself. I constantly see people say "Herp derp this is pointless, just donate" but if everyone had done that, there would be no raised awareness. Regardless of how many celebrities do it purely for positive PR and to join in, they still bring the disease up amongst their millions of fans.

But I totally agree about the last part, people who just do the challenge and leave it there to simply join in the fun are kinda missing the point but at least they add to the noise.

Well said Brax... (and if you tell anyone I said this, I will deny it and call hax for sure... but you hit the nail on the head...)

BraXzy

I wish I had gotten to see LA in all of its glory, it's a pretty dismal place now. Those Asura that have been hammering away for weeks to fix it haven't made much progress, typical builders!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Eh. From my experience most people both do the challenge and donate, even though the rules technically make it an either/or thing. But then, I've only noticed this trend over the past couple days.

PS Not gonna be there for Guild Missions on Saturday. Family function. Soz!
I kind of imagine the number of people to have literally solely poured ice on themselves and donated nothing to be negligible. From Chris Pratt and Dubya to BraXzy and my friends at work.

The whole ice bucket challenge is pretty much a textbook example of a successful awareness campaign. This meme of "how about you just donate money instead of pouring ice on yourself" makes me roll. my. damn. eyes. as you wouldn't have had the opportunity to browbeat people for not donating if the campaign hadn't brought ALS into the discussion in the first place.

Link if anyone wants to donate with referral credit to that video submission. Dude is a year younger than me- by the time he is my age it's possible he will have no fine motor control anymore or have even lost the use of his hands altogether.

I thought if you accept challenge you donate. Which is what I did.

Ashodin

MESMER CHANGES
--------

Traits

Triumphant Distortion - Distortion to Mesmer when kill, also now receives distortion on phantasms (1 sec)

All other stuff are buffs

ELEMENTALIST CHANGES
--------
FGS NERFED

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought if you accept challenge you donate. Which is what I did.
that's sort of hilarious

ostensibly, the idea is that if you get challenged, you either donate or you have to have a bucket of ice poured on yourself. So you get to avoid the unpleasant ice by donating money! Nobody wants ice!

Of course, it's really fun to watch people pour ice on themselves or have it poured on them, so the obvious thing to do is to "accept the challenge" and donate money as well, like a boss. Let's let Patrick Stewart demonstrate.

edit: Ash -_-

Mesmer
Traits
Triumphant Distortion – previously granted distortion to mesmer when you have obtained a kill. In addition to this effect, you will also receive 1s of distortion on all of your phantasms that are summoned.
Illusionary Elasticity – Your clones that you use with Winds of Chaos will now be affected by this trait.
Maim the Disillusioned – Increased amount of torment inflicted from 4s to 6s

Weapons
Illusionary Leap – We changed the way the clone is summoned. It is now summoned now at your target’s location instead of your position. This means you will have a much faster response time between Illusionary Leaps and Illusionary Swaps.
Illusionary Warden – We fixed a bug with this phantasm that caused it to fail its attack sometimes when it is attached to a melee enemy.
Mind Stab – Dmg increased by 17%, radius increased to 240
Scepter – autoattack now applies Torment on each strike. Ether Bolt will apply 2s of Torment. Ether Blast will apply 4s of Torment and Ether Clone will summon clones that applies 2s of Torment.

Utilities
Mantra of Pain’s Power Spike – Changed to 5 target, 240 radius AoE attack.
Mantra of Distraction’s Power Lock – Changed to 5 target, 180 radius AoE attack
Mimic – Reworked it so it copy all boons and durations from an enemy your target, making good combos with Null Field.

Elementalist
Traits
Blinding Ashes – It will now apply blinding to all enemies struck by skills that burn an area.
Lightning Rod - This trait now triggers on any form of disabled, rather than only when you interrupt an enemy. This means that things like your Earthquake or Static Field will always activate this trait.
Elemental Contingency – Now each attunement will have its own cooldown

Utilities
Tornado/Whirlpool – Previously increased your power levels massively when you entered them meaning that any lingering spells you had outside would also deal bonus damage. We felt this was a bit unfair so we changed the power scale of these elite transforms so they will now no longer increase spell effects you had outside. Damage of each skill in Tornado form have being normalized so you will do at the same or more damage.
Fiery Greatsword – Fiery Rush damage reduced from the trail by 70% while increased the damage of your ending strike by 140%. Overall you will see much less damage on the trail and a lot more damage on the ending strike. Fiery Rush, Burning Speed, and Burning Retreat will no longer be able to create multiple fields on top of one another when rolling against a wall.
Norn Elite Forms won’t being the same either – changes not specified yet (taken from a developer’s chat during twitch stream)
Glyph of Lesser Elementals and Glyph of Elementals now have secondary abilities you can activate. When pressed, the elementals will activate these skills on their next skill usage. This allow you to have more control when using these elementals.
Glyph of Storms: We wanted this glyph to have a bit more condition feel to it. Added conditions to both fire and air version of this ability (fire storm applies 1 stacking of burning on each target it hits and air will apply 2 stacks of vulnerability for 8s on each target it hits)
Signet of Earth now applies 5 stacks of bleeding for 7s when used
Signer of Fire – Base damage increased by 100%
Signet of Water/Air – recharge reduced to 25s
Vapor Form had a visual update to indicate the difference between it

edit: Illusionary Elasticity for clones is a massive buff to staff condition/boon builds
Scepter buff delicious
Mind Stab buff sure why not
Still not sold on Mantras
Mimic might fit my support build depending on encounter

Elemental summon skills! :D

I assume "end attack" for FGS rush means what you do when you have something targeted?
Rest of it is just: "Glyph of Storms buff" as far as I'm concerned. Though I assume the Tornado thing is cause for alarm and I'm just not well-versed enough in it.

Ashodin

I neither have money to donate nor ice to dump. I'm the poor man's poor man.

Also Hawk I can't type as fast as that man talks :(

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Illusionary Warden – no longer fail attacks

AnkCZv7.gif

It's apparently been broken since last November.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
haha i just copied the notes from dulfy and/or dulfy's flying monkeys, I'm not even watching :p

edit: fixifying it up as dulfy reorganizes the post. This should all be a pretty fun mix, I think. i'm already yearning for that dagger cleave

Moondrop

Banned
New mesmer meta: pretend to be one of your auto-attacking scepter clones. Hilarious. And maybe mesmer scepter can still be a power weapon after all.

Ele elite nerfs are still smh pvp/wvw-wise. No hyperbole, racial elites will be better.

Levyne

Banned
Having tornado eles in a wvw guild's back line used to be a major thing (to my limited experience last fall). That read's like a huge change, as in you can't Meteor shower beforehand and such.

Moondrop

Banned
I understand why programmers would want to remove unintended functions from skills. I have no problem with fixing that in principle. But I don't feel they've properly addressed the reasons that many players chose a 3 second buff to a portion of a channeled skill on a 180 second cooldown as their elite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
$53.3 million in donations compared to $2.2 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 21), 1.1 million new donors

I totally dig the command skills for ele summons! Will make my glyph build even more funnerer

Aquila

You know I've heard of Log Horizon but never got around to watching it, any good?

I rather enjoyed Log Horizon. It starts slow but has really good world-building, no absolutely awful characters, and an amazing protagonist. Its only real knock is the artstyle thanks to lack of budget. Far, far, FAR superior to the POS that is SAO.

Katoki

I can vouch for Log Horizon as well. I like it overall with the characters and world whereas SAO's main characters made it difficult to watch the farther in I got.

On a side note, I'm looking at inviting two co-workers who are completely new to the game and finally bought in with the sale going on now. I've gone over the policy with them already as well. I've still yet to acquire their account names so you guys will know when the newbie question barrage hits. Had to walk them through how to get to the bank just earlier.

You know I've heard of Log Horizon but never got around to watching it, any good?

I really liked it. It's more.. intelligent than SAO, though that doesn't take much. It's more about the game, where SAO was more about angst and love.

Quoting this old post, hey Miktar, do you still have those files for darkD3? Want them for my laptop but your link no longer works. :(

Reuploaded: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7803241/DarkD3.zip

Not quite - DarkD3 is a different injector than SweetFX, though they do share similar origins. I find DarkD3's more lean, less framerate overhead, and has better pre-sharp.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
that lizard squad doing the dos on gw and eve and other numerous places. they had their info leaked out on their irc channel lol

wsippel

Banned
So I'm playing this Guild Wars 2 while also playing WoW.

Am I going to make the universe explode?
Nah, I play GW2, Warframe, Tera, Blade & Soul, Vindictus, and I used to play WoW for ages - and the universe is just fine as far as I can tell.

Though that reminds me, I really have to give props to NCSoft as Guild Wars 2 and Blade & Soul are definitely my favorites right now. GW2 for the quest system, focus on cooperation and humor, BnS for the combat and equipment system, art direction and scenario.

Mxrz

Please don't let them mess with the Norn elites too much. These things are hilarious in WvW. By all means, fix the rush the same way as FGS - I'm on board with that. Just please leave the rush as a huge, fast gap closer with a giant knockdown at the end.

I rather enjoyed Log Horizon. It starts slow but has really good world-building, no absolutely awful characters, and an amazing protagonist. Its only real knock is the artstyle thanks to lack of budget. Far, far, FAR superior to the POS that is SAO.

I really liked it. It's more.. intelligent than SAO, though that doesn't take much. It's more about the game, where SAO was more about angst and love.

Thanks guys, guess that'll be my next show. And as for the SAO game (put in like a 1/2 hr before servers came back), reminds me of xenosaga combat, pretty interesting so far lol

Zeroth

Thanks guys, guess that'll be my next show. And as for the SAO game (put in like a 1/2 hr before servers came back), reminds me of xenosaga combat, pretty interesting so far lol

Do you want me to post the waifu on bed pics raz????

I wouldn't because they are NSFW

Grudy

New skills on the glyph of elementals sounds real cool, but I'm not seeing any new cool ele builds coming out of this update. Maybe they're treading grounds for condi ele's in the future.

Aquila

Thanks guys, guess that'll be my next show.
I think season 2 starts this winter but don't hold me to it.
New skills on the glyph of elementals sounds real cool, but I'm not seeing any new cool ele builds coming out of this update. Maybe they're treading grounds for condi ele's in the future.
Revised glyph of elementals will be a fun tool but nothing more. The FGS and tornado nerfs were a long time coming as much as it saddens me. I know condi ele has its proponents but I just can't see it until we have a weapon that can utilize them like a necro, eng, or mes.

I've never liked nerfs. They show a lack of foresight and only punish the user. I wish everything else was just buffed in response and encounter design resolved. That's its own can of worms though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
$53.3 million in donations compared to $2.2 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 21), 1.1 million new donors

I totally dig the command skills for ele summons! Will make my glyph build even more funnerer

This is why I don't understand the anger towards this "viral phenomenon". It's literally twentyfivetupled™ the donations. Any publicity is good publicity blah blah blah.

Anyways.
SAO s2 was fucking garbage

Been partying with Humble Bundle, time for some new dailies! :D

I'm picturing a giant "H" mascot drinking vodka out of a funnel.

Moondrop

Banned
I know I've made several critical posts lately but...

Given that the game has 8 classes, then perhaps I should be able to see up to 8 character options on the select screen before some are hidden, not 7.

xeris

Given that the game has 8 classes, then perhaps I should be able to see up to 8 character options on the select screen before some are hidden, not 7.

I've wanted that forever. Or at least the option for a grid system for those of us with a few more than 8 characters.

I agree 100% with you here. It drives me nuts that I can't see all my 80s on one screen. My poor Necro is always off to the side.

Morokh

Back from vacation, downloaded the last patch right away and went trough it !

And this one was solid through and through, really enjoyed it (but now my inventory is a mess >_> )

Spoilers, just in case :
Especially loved the banter between Anise / Canach all along.

Now to pop that 2000 gem card to grab Rox's Quiver ! (and maybe Marjory's dagger, and eventually Braham's shield ..... gaaaaaah too many nice things !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom