• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Things i can do once i have hitted 80 that add progress to my character.

Whatever you've enjoyed doing from 0-80, you can really kind of keep on doing it.

If PvE is your preference, there's probably a bunch of zones you haven't seen (world completion), and there's the Living Story to always check out when they add another episode. Sounds like you wrapped up your personal story, but haven't hit dungeons yet. They're very satisfying, and since you've played for a while you have a grasp on why the so-called chaos that others describe is essential to the experience. I recommend GAF groups if at all possible, or you're likely to run into people who want to skip cinematics, cheese bosses and do all sorts of things that sap the fun out in the name of efficiency.

On the other hand, World vs. World is always dynamic, though your experience varies based on who's commanding, how many people you have, etc. I haven't played much more than an hour or so total since the end of the Tournament, but that was my fault for burning myself out. Now that the Living Story has ended, I'll probably swing back in there on reset night. It's usually a great time, whether you're running with the pack or havoc squading around the map and maybe picking off a few larger objectives.

I'm also finding (thanks mostly to Moondrop) that PVP isn't nearly as awful as I was expecting. Especially if you're going in as a group with a strategy. I'm someone who swore off arena-style PVP after World of Warcraft's was so off-putting, but all of my complaints (The trinity is not conducive to PvP and gear should never be a determining factor) are absent here. I'm genuinely surprised how much I've been enjoying it lately (though in small doses).

On top of all of that, you can collect skins (there's more lurking around low level areas on Karma vendors than you might think), work on achievements (completing the Jumping Puzzles category is the most fun and satisfying, in my opinion.) or the ultimate game changer; roll an alt. Since the professions are so different, it changes the game pretty significantly.

Finally, you can just stop playing.

Yes, really. Play a different game. Try a different hobby. Go outside, even.

The beauty of Guild Wars 2's endgame is that there really isn't one in the traditional sense. There isn't some special, specific thing that you do over and over again forever until the end of time. The game stops when you want and waits for you to come back.

"Guild Wars 2 has no end game" in the same way Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Final Fantasy, Halflife, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, etc. have no endgame. They're just games, full stop. It just happens that Guild Wars 2 "adds more game" through the living story / feature updates so there's a reason to play it again from time to time.

There ya go, hope that helps.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We're in GA now. Next flight to Minnesota in a couple hours

nwPJ4sp.png

Guess it could be worse here. Enjoy the fair!!

Retro

Just as a heads up, our site's bandwidth has been exceeded again, which is ridiculous. Will probably be back up next week, looking into it.

xeris

Where are my presents? I should be getting eight 2-Years and one 1-Year Present. :O

B'days are set to the actual day and not reset day far as I can tell. So if the birthday isn't the 24th (assuming North American time zones) then it should be tomorrow.

Mine01

Thanks guys! I'm downloading it, i hope it's good once again, is there any level restriction to join the gaf guild?.

Now to decide what class to play mh...

Complistic

Thanks guys! I'm downloading it, i hope it's good once again, is there any level restriction to join the gaf guild?.

Now to decide what class to play mh...

The important thing is you play the class you want, not the class you think other people want you to play. They're all just about equally useful and can mostly do all the same things. They all just do them in cool and uniquely different ways.

BraXzy

Thanks man!.

My first chart was an azura necromancer.. i feel like doing it again lol.

Be sure to let us know what your account/character name is so we can invite you to the guild, unless you are already in?

Alternatively whisper an officer such as myself by /w Braxzy

Mine01

Be sure to let us know what your account/character name is so we can invite you to the guild, unless you are already in?

Alternatively whisper an officer such as myself by /w Braxzy

Thanks man! as soon as i get in (probably tomorrow) i'll join you guys.
I wanted to ask, is everybody on teamspeak/mumble? I ask because i dont have a mic lol.

Levyne

Banned
I wanted to ask, is everybody on teamspeak/mumble? I ask because i dont have a mic lol.

The guild uses mumble, and there's a server teamspeak as well.

We have plenty of people who don't use mics and just listen. Don't feel obligated to grab one.

BraXzy

It's certainly not used by everybody, and not all the time. So long as you have Mumble just to join and listen in at guild events and such is fine.

Like Levyne said, don't feel obligated to buy a mic or anything unless you actually want one :)

B'days are set to the actual day and not reset day far as I can tell. So if the birthday isn't the 24th (assuming North American time zones) then it should be tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I created my characters between 9:30pm - 11:00pm, Aug 24th, 2012. Hmm, unless I have to wait until 9:30pm.

Jira

Supposedly they called in a terrorist threat on an airplane carrying John Smedley from Sony, who they're also DDOSing.

Holy shit...they were in some trouble before but NOW it's going down a dark, dank well for them and no one will ever see them again.

I'm pretty sure I created my characters between 9:30pm - 11:00pm, Aug 24th, 2012. Hmm, unless I have to wait until 9:30pm.

I doubt that since the game launch 3am est, 12am pst time on the 25th, and due to demand the servers crashed and the game was down until 7am est, I know this because my friends stayed up all night, they said the servers lasted 20mins and it went boom..

Levyne

Banned
I don't remember such a long outage. I remember someone in the mumble channel going "guys, I'm in!" and then we played for hours.

Of course, my memory is remarkably spotty.

That all said, I'm not super anxious to get my b-day gift the instant it's available. I'll see it, not worried.

Levyne

Banned
Birthday booster, level 20 scroll, 5 skill point scroll, birthday blaster, and "Veteran" title.

guild_wars_2_2014_08_25_00_10_42_92s_by_zeolevyne-d7wknzj.png

Edit: The experience scrolls don't stack with older ones.

Edit2: Birthday blaster skin is same as "Scarlet's Kiss"

BraXzy

Birthday booster, level 20 scroll, 5 skill point scroll, birthday blaster, and "Veteran" title.

Ooh nice, that's a pretty cool skin. Only 600 more days to go for my 2nd birthday lmao!

Do you only get one birthday booster?

BraXzy

One booster per character.

Ah. I suppose it makes sense that way. I think you should get a booster each time you hit level 80. Since you should at that point have a decent grasp of the overall game and don't need to grind out another 80 to learn the next one.

Katoki

Birthday booster best used in WvW in my opinion. It's also because I use the period of time going from 1-80 via leveling to learn the class instead of getting it and then going "okay now what?" Plus they have everything locked out so even more so you'll want to level/progress "naturally."

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Very cool! I love that skin.

_woLf

I guess it's better than a queen jennah mini but I still feel like this is really underwhelming compared to GW1 and a lot of other MMOs birthday celebrations. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom