• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Oh shit, new page, have some reminders;

Zed Zebes said:
Next Wednesday the 27th of August, I will be hosting a fun little WvWvW event called the Traveling Zoo.

This is your chance to roll out your Ranger and pop your mini-pets as this will be an All Ranger party*. Any build is fine and I'd like to get a variety of pets just to see how ridiculous we can look.

We'll meet up in SBI Borderlands Citadel Waypoint around 7:30pm EST (4:30pm PST). We'll start out in the Boderlands and maybe map hop depending on the situation of the match.

If you would like to come then just bring your ass to the event. No sign ups needed.

*I do welcome some guardians for stability and mesmers for veil/timewarp just to make this crazy idea work a little better.

Speaking of which, we've passed the 480 mark again. It's a cull or be culled world.

I don't know what our cutoff is yet in terms of timeframe, but I would like to clear 100 spots if feasible this time. So:

If you have not been active but do not wish to be kicked, log in once before Tuesday, August 26th.

As always, if you are culled this has nothing to do with you personally and you need only ask for a reinvite. "Noticing that you have been kicked" is about the level of activity we demand from our members.

Again, the culling is coming, six days from today.

So it is written.
Due to the announced changes today, we'll be eliminating the "Remote Operator" rank from the guild since that was a way for non-SBI members to spend influence on their own 'chapter'. Anyone who has been using the guild bank as their own private hoard will need to clear their stuff out before that happens.

Also, if anyone is headed to PAX (or just ArenaNet's thing that's happening outside of it), please let us know so we can let them know to expect you (they've been specifically asking if any GAFers will be there).

Any form of new AA stat gain type of feature will be badly received from the GW2 community, unless it comes from an expansion.

Yeah, anything that adds vertical progression is going to make the screaming Redditors frothy, and for once I think I'd be on their side on something.

Any form of new AA stat gain type of feature will be badly received from the GW2 community, unless it comes from an expansion.

Even if it did come in an xpac, I wouldn't be overly fond of it. Upwards stat creep causes more problems than it solves, and all it really solves is giving players a false sense of progression. I really hope Anet doesn't give in to pressure and add vertical treadmills.

EDIT: Dangit Retro.

Mine01

Finally downloaded it, now i think i'll start an asure-thief, i've doubts about playing with a controller, how good is it for aoe? does it take time to it really click?

BraXzy

Finally downloaded it, now i think i'll start an asure-thief, i've doubts about playing with a controller, how good is it for aoe? does it take time to it really click?

Those who use it say it's great so if you want you might as well give it a go! If it doesn't click you can always go back to KB and M.

Remember to post your username here once you're all set in the game :)

Anno

I really hope even an expansion doesn't bring it. Even these birthday cake shooters are kinda ehhhhh,

That said I would love a reason to level from 1 to 80 again if a) I was still considered 80 with all my traits when I went into WvW and b) I got an increasingly shiny star next to my name every time I did it =p

BraXzy

What the heck. Did a new build just come out? I signed in, no download happened. I loaded the game, change zones a few seconds later and got kicked out for a patch.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Bug Fix:
Fixed a bug in the nourishment effect from the Birthday Blaster. It should now scale appropriately.

nawwwwwww and yaaaay i guess lol

Aquila

Due to the announced changes today, we'll be eliminating the "Remote Operator" rank from the guild since that was a way for non-SBI members to spend influence on their own 'chapter'. Anyone who has been using the guild bank as their own private hoard will need to clear their stuff out before that happens.

Aww come on, I lose my unique rank and my private guild bank....

Katoki

You can leave your bank from what I understand because it'll just get merged with whichever the system deems to be the most upgraded. Wonder if it'll take total amount of players on server into account.

Retro

Sorry, it was something they've been wanting to fix for a while now, so we knew this day was coming eventually.

You can leave your bank from what I understand because it'll just get merged with whichever the system deems to be the most upgraded. Wonder if it'll take total amount of players on server into account.

Right, but depending on where it shoves the excess stuff, people won't have access to it after the Operator rank is removed. Probably best to just get it all out before the 9th... or consider it a donation. =p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If I may, it was never really a great solution to consider your server chapter's GAF bank a "private" one- anyone in the guild on that server would be allowed to access it. If you want a personal guild bank it's best to just empty the stuff you'd put in there and make your own mule guild. The upswing being that if you ever were to transfer servers after this new feature pack, your guild bank would come with you.

Mine01

Those who use it say it's great so if you want you might as well give it a go! If it doesn't click you can always go back to KB and M.

Remember to post your username here once you're all set in the game :)

Thanks! Another question lol

Anyone has a link to the instructions.txt on google docs?? the one i downloaded is just... a pain to read.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks! Another question lol

Anyone has a link to the instructions.txt on google docs?? the one i downloaded is just... a pain to read.
Hm, what do you mean? Is something wrong with the file?

If you want help I can walk you through it. The simple version would be do the keybinds in-game, open the Xpadder profile, open the .ahk script.

Aquila

The stuff I packed in the local guild bank nobody would want anyway. Mostly a couple extra stacks of years old candy corn, wintersday sweaters, elder logs, and wvw siege. It's all sitting in my extra mule's bags now.

Retro

Sure, did she mention why? IS there some sort of GW Guild liaison thing going on?

I'm not sure, she was just in guild chat asking if anyone was going to be heading to PAX. I don't think there's any specific reason other than the devs playing with GAF from time to time.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
GuildGAF, classes have started. I've gone a teeny bit insane. つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
3ltlLxj.gif

BraXzy

GuildGAF, classes have started. I've gone a teeny bit insane. つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Ooh good luck with them! Mine still won't start for around a month :L

I saw a Dick Butt GIF yesterday that made me roll around the floor hang on lemme find it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ooh good luck with them! Mine still won't start for around a month :L

I saw a Dick Butt GIF yesterday that made me roll around the floor hang on lemme find it.

Just enough time to get Eternity before ;)

Mine01

Hm, what do you mean? Is something wrong with the file?

If you want help I can walk you through it. The simple version would be do the keybinds in-game, open the Xpadder profile, open the .ahk script.

I got it working :D thx anyway!. I'll play a lil before joining you guys anyday now, just remembered i have some work to do :/. Hope i can be in by this weekend.

Thx for all the help guys.

BraXzy

Just enough time to get Eternity before ;)

Hehe nah if I went for another Legendary I don't think it'd be Sunrise. I'm not gonna bother with a crazy thing like that any time soon :3

I got it working :D thx anyway!. I'll play a lil before joining you guys anyday now, just remembered i have some work to do :/. Hope i can be in by this weekend.

Thx for all the help guys.

No problemo, feel free to join any time!

Mxrz

I see a lot of Charr with Twilight. Starting to think my old eyeball sword made me more of a snow flake. But it is hard to resist shiny foot prints.

Friend on Maguuma telling me their server's wvw is now dead. So wouldn't be surprise to see them in silver next tournament. FA/ DB would move up, leaving the new CD & DR to bandwagon all over us.

BraXzy

I see a lot of Charr with Twilight. Starting to think my old eyeball sword made me more of a snow flake. But it is hard to resist shiny foot prints.

Because it looks awesome ;)

I think it's mainly because the sword scales to the size of the person, and the bigger it is, the more of the effect you can see, the cooler it looks. And yeah, shiny shiny foot prints are the best!

Moondrop

Banned
The stuff I packed in the local guild bank nobody would want anyway. Mostly a couple extra stacks of years old candy corn, wintersday sweaters, elder logs, and wvw siege. It's all sitting in my extra mule's bags now.
You think that, but in reality you had 24 hours before I looted it all out from under you. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, so today's patch update is guild-related megaserver issues... does this mean no more PMing Hawkian for lottery and no more guesting?

leng jai

Because it looks awesome ;)

I think it's mainly because the sword scales to the size of the person, and the bigger it is, the more of the effect you can see, the cooler it looks. And yeah, shiny shiny foot prints are the best!

Firstly, the footsteps are the worst. Secondly, I'd rather my Twilight be smaller actually.

Wait, so today's patch update is guild-related megaserver issues... does this mean no more PMing Hawkian for lottery and no more guesting?

No, today's patch fixed an issue with the cake gun. The guild megaserver fixes are coming in the September Feature Pack. They revealed the changes today.

TrounceX

Friend on Maguuma telling me their server's wvw is now dead. So wouldn't be surprise to see them in silver next tournament. FA/ DB would move up, leaving the new CD & DR to bandwagon all over us.

Perfect time for a WvW state of the game post:

Correct, Mag is dead. Or more specifically T2 is dead except SoS as all the T2 fighting guilds are moving to T1 currently:
. said:
TM to TC
HOPE planning on moving TC
Arkham planning on BG or TC
ETA to TC confirmed
TE remnants going BG/TC
NS already on JQ as CAVE
NaCl remnants moving to BG/TC

So Yak's Bend will probably replace Mag or mayyybe DB considering they always get a bandwagon before a season.

DR has the most NA

CD has a more balanced population

SBI has the most players period....but there's very little hardcore presence. Although I know that LUN and HIRE are there now so maybe that will galvanize the community a bit. Either way, will be interesting to see! I both love and hate the pre-season drama.

Anet has put so much effort into globalizing Guild systems that I think we're going to see really big changes with how we categorize servers soon. We might even seen servers being paired as teams for WvW, or even more extreme combining when it comes to servers. I think there's even a possibility of servers going away and becoming divided regions somehow.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
T6 gathering makes me cry. Outside of Frostfang they're the only ones I need to do. ;-;

No, today's patch fixed an issue with the cake gun. The guild megaserver fixes are coming in the September Feature Pack. They revealed the changes today.

Oh... cake gun.

...how come I don't have the cake gun yet D:

I hope this weeks features aren't just the features they already released in China but also something totally new.

I can't believe people are still piling onto the top 3 servers...feels like the WvW maps on those servers will probably be queued throughout the turnament.

Teams that lose will blame the PvE casuals who don't listen on TS and only show up for rewards.

SBI has the most players period....but there's very little hardcore presence. Although I know that LUN and HIRE are there now so maybe that will galvanize the community a bit. Either way, will be interesting to see! I both love and hate the pre-season drama.
As a whole server or in WvW?

Katoki

I can't believe people are still piling onto the top 3 servers...feels like the WvW maps on those servers will probably be queued throughout the turnament.

Teams that lose will blame the PvE casuals who don't listen on TS and only show up for rewards.

Sounds normal Kos.

leng jai

I hope this weeks features aren't just the features they already released in China but also something totally new.

As a whole server or in WvW?

Yep I'll just be showing up to get my torch and sceptor skins mate.

Katoki

LTTP but I really love the banter that goes on between Anise and Canach as the story moves forward. Finally decided to start The World Summit instance and all that since whenever this patch went live.

Morokh

LTTP but I really love the banter that goes on between Anise and Canach as the story moves forward. Finally decided to start The World Summit instance and all that since whenever this patch went live.

By far my favorite part of this LS episode.

Hedge

I feel horrible. After wanting a legendary for two years, I finally caved in and scraped my gold together and purchased a precursor.

An hour later I sold it. Realized I never really liked any of the legendaries. I feel hollow.

leng jai

I feel horrible. After wanting a legendary for two years, I finally caved in and scraped my gold together and purchased a precursor.

An hour later I sold it. Realized I never really liked any of the legendaries. I feel hollow.

Errrr, didn't you buy the precursor for the Legendary you wanted in the first place?

Anet has put so much effort into globalizing Guild systems that I think we're going to see really big changes with how we categorize servers soon. We might even seen servers being paired as teams for WvW, or even more extreme combining when it comes to servers. I think there's even a possibility of servers going away and becoming divided regions somehow.

Which Feature Pack day are you gonna predict correctly this time around?

Retro

Today's sale:
August 26—Permanent Logging Tools

Get the Chop-It-All Logging Axe, Dreamcleaver Logging Axe, and Frost Wasp Logging Tool are all back in the Gem Store! Use these permanent logging tools to gather every type of wood that Tyria has to offer! We’re also putting Transmutation Charges and WXP Boosters on sale for 30% and 25% off, respectively.

I don't particularly care for any of the Legendaries either; I see them far too often (so they're not really unique), they don't really match any armor styles, and there's a pressure to display them even if you're not a fan of the visual effects. But then, I'm weird; after a decade of glowing / flaming / irradiated shoulderpads the size of a small automobile with giant spikes / trees / orbs / wings / feathers / tusks sticking off them at all angles, I like just plain armor that looks like something a person might actually wear. I'm weird like that.

The only thing I'm even remotely interested in Legendary-wise is the Rifle precursor. I think it looks pretty cool.

Rawk Hawk

Today's sale:

I don't particularly care for any of the Legendaries either; I see them far too often (so they're not really unique), they don't really match any armor styles, and there's a pressure to display them even if you're not a fan of the visual effects. But then, I'm weird; after a decade of glowing / flaming / irradiated shoulderpads the size of a small automobile with giant spikes / trees / orbs / wings / feathers / tusks sticking off them at all angles, I like just plain armor that looks like something a person might actually wear. I'm weird like that.

The only thing I'm even remotely interested in Legendary-wise is the Rifle precursor. I think it looks pretty cool.

I'm with you, I generally prefer low key armor if you will. Actually really like the katana skin for sale on the gem store, but Necro can't make use of it. Seems odd to level a class solely for a samurai sword.. or does it..

Retro

I'm with you, I generally prefer low key armor if you will. Actually really like the katana skin for sale on the gem store, but Necro can't make use of it. Seems odd to level a class solely for a samurai sword.. or does it..

Nah, if you really like a skin and can come up with a unique look, not at all. You might really enjoy the class you pick.

Necromancer Greatsword would certainly be interesting though, dagger is really their only melee option (and that's really just the auto attack). Considering how tanky Necros are, I'm surprised they don't have something at least comparable to D/D eles. Since "Death Knights" are kind of cliche at this point, it'd be a more unique approach, a walking contradiction; A cloth-wearing, minion-centric, life-draining caster that gets in your face with a giant sword?

Yeah, I'd play the shit out of my Necro if they did that. Greataxe would be even better, an "Executioner."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom