• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Watching some commander I've never seen before throw a fit in sbi map chat. Dude picked the wrong server to transfer to for srsbsns.

We have been quietly receiving quite a few smaller guilds for WvW out of their own volition. I met someone from a Philippines based guild last night who said their guild came over last week but didn't want to go and ask why our server just to avoid worrying them and all that.

Levyne

Banned
FROST SPIRIT LIIVES

Edit: Here's the rest

JzwJPzq.png

Retro

New Build:
  • Fixed an issue in which World versus World maps displayed a “New Build is Available” message and redirected players to Lion’s Arch at the wrong time.
  • Frost Spirit: Removed the internal cooldown from this spirit’s passive effect.
  • Removed messages about world association for WvW Fall Tournament 2014. Players earn rewards based on their home world’s tournament results, not by their participation with another world. If you earn an achievement, remember to collect your rewards by visiting the Battle Historian after each round!
  • Fixed a bug that increased the time needed to progress from level 20 to level 30.
  • Fixed a server crash and various client crashes.

The Series-7 massacre continues?

At some point in the future when I get a new computer I'd like to put together a group of all Berserker Longbow Rangers traited for increased ranged and missile speed and damage.

After seeing how quickly I could take people down on my own without retaliation I can only imagine how devastating a group of them would be.

Unfortunately Guild Wars 3 might be out by the time I upgrade.

Zeroth

Hey all!

Today was a pretty big day in the history of the GAF guild. For the first time ever, we have done a lv 50 GAFractal, and we of course came out victoriously as usual. To our team, that's not that much of a biggie since we have done lv 50 fractals at one point or another, but we never did a lv 50 GAFractal so this is a huge accomplishment to our guild! The party was selected beforehand, but if you weren't here don't be afraid, there will be more runs in the future so I can make up for it!

It's hard to believe we started all the way down from lv 1 and got to lv 50 so quickly, and I couldn't thank enough the people who made all of this possible, in no particular order:

Salad (Alabaster Codify/Taffer): You helped me kickstart this idea of doing fractal runs with GAF, and although you weren't there for the final levels, you were crucial for us to start all this and get where we are. People may not like Necromancers on dungeons/fractals, but whenever you were around, the big boss bigs like the Asura fractal were piece of cake!

Rowland (Crimson0): You have been with us since the start, and you never faltered. Even though you never had enough AR for the fractals we were doing, you still kept going and going and showed a lot of determination and willingness. Your Warhorn blasts on water fields helped us several times on bosses like Mai, and on the rare times you spoke during our runs, you always had something great to say!

Miktar: I'm not sure if you are reading this, but I wanted to express how glad I was that you joined us so many times. I'm glad to hear you had a great time running GAFractals with us, and your help there was always welcome. Your incredible field blastings kept our DPS up on the big fights and out health up against the hardest opponents. It's safe to say you safe us on many runs from near defeat thanks to your skills, and I'm glad to have done so many runs with ya.

Jay (Lanius/Jayemji): You are always eager to run some GAfractals even to this day, and you keep updating yourself to what we need (you change builds on the fly depending on what we need), and that's something I really appreciate. I'm glad that you have been with us for so long, and playing with you is always a pleasure! I'm certainly looking forward to get you to 50 ;)

Moondrop: Your cleric warrior is still something. I'll never forget how I only figured out you were doing lv 38 without AR until you died on our third run (yes, we did 2 runs before that and I did not notice Moondrop die AT ALL due to agony)! Your insane healings and timely banners saved us many times, and running fractals with you is always a blast!

Lev (Levyne/Seda/Khold/Seda Khold/Higgins' Puppet): I have to admit, until you joined us we never ran with a ranger before, yet you surpassed all my expectations. You always improved yourself run after run, and there's nothing more admirable than that. Playing with you is always great and your nifty comments and talent has pushed us through some hard situations (post-patch Mai!).

There are many more who have been with us at some point or another... Retro, Korten, Adriaaa, Hawkian, Thorgal.... and so many others who helped make GAFractals what they are. Nothing describes the experience of playing with you awesome people, for the synergy we have is something that is rarely tested or put to use outside these runs. I'm always amazed at how well we do, though deep down I know it's because we are a talented team where each person covers the others' backs. I couldn't ask for a more awesomer guild and I'm glad to be able to play with such awesome peeps!

Oh, of course, did ya think I would forget ya?

Ike (UltimateIke/Brynn Vaulderie): You're my right hand pal. Your eager to help others and to bring the team to victory always impresses me, and if it wasn't for you I know for sure GAFractals would have died a long time ago. You pushed me through the hardest moments and kept your head up when we faced the most difficult battles. We’ve been through how much admire I your skills and humbleness, so let’s skip that.

When you ran Cliffside for the first time ever, by a series of unlucky events you screwed up on the hand seals bit and we spent 2 hours trying to figure a way to deal with it. I'll never forget how I got to a point where I was about to give up, pack our stuff and leave, yet you kept going. That made me try to emulate the determination you have always proved, and thanks to you not giving up, we both got an idea at the same time on how to pull through that harsh run, and in the end we came up victoriously!

There were also countless other times. That time where you managed to banner revive 3 party members RIGHT as your banner came out of cooldown (one second more and we would have been toast) versus Subject 6, or when you alone solo'd the Thaumanova boss
twice
, or all the times you tried to GS rush into a crystal right as Maw dropped its final killing attack on all of us. You are someone who is always trying to improve himself (you change your build on the fly FOR US), and having you at my side always gave me confidence to pull through anything and everything that the meanest Fractals could ever throw at our party (case in point: We duo'd a lv 19 fractal run by ourselves /brag).

It's not a coincidence I decided to run this lv 50 GAFractal on your birthday. It is something you have been asking for a while, and I figured there was no better way to celebrate this special day for you than doing this with the people we hold dear. Thank you so much for being my friend and helping me whenever you could, I can only hope this small tribute can show how much I evaluate our friendship.

Happy birthday, Ike!

BONUS: Today's run in pics by Miktar!

Am I incorrectly using the ranger axe 2 skill? Its DPS is horrible, even at close range. Its 3 skill is my hardest hitting skill, it seems. I really want my ranger to use it as a mainhand as opposed to sword since I'm kinda tired of swords, even though the ranger sword is pretty good. The longbow seems to kill everything quicker than axe, no matter the distance.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait what

So I know I only have 2 lovestruck skins, 1 phoenix weapon skin, and 1 leyline skin.

Suddenly I checked by black lion collection and apparently I gained 2 fused weapons, 2 aetherized weapons, 1 dreamthistle weapon, and 1 sclerite weapon!

WHERE DID I GET THOSE?

Katoki

Wait what

So I know I only have 2 lovestruck skins, 1 phoenix weapon skin, and 1 leyline skin.

Suddenly I checked by black lion collection and apparently I gained 2 fused weapons, 2 aetherized weapons, 1 dreamthistle weapon, and 1 sclerite weapon!

WHERE DID I GET THOSE?

I have them too but I don't have them. I can guarantee that the skins you "have" aren't in wardrobe. They'll probably fix it at some point.

Moondrop

Banned
Love you too, Zeroth.

Am I incorrectly using the ranger axe 2 skill? Its DPS is horrible, even at close range. Its 3 skill is my hardest hitting skill, it seems. I really want my ranger to use it as a mainhand as opposed to sword since I'm kinda tired of swords, even though the ranger sword is pretty good. The longbow seems to kill everything quicker than axe, no matter the distance.
No, ranger axe 2 is one of the worst skills in game. I'm only using mainhand axe as a beastmastery buffing weapon; others use it for the pseudo AoE.

I would recommend GS as a complement to LB. But it doesn't surprise me nothing is better than LB in PvE given the incessant buff train.

leng jai

What is with the incessant whining about LB Rangers in pvp? They seem extremely easy to counter to me. I suppose they are OP if you're gonna stand still and eat the red circle.

Katoki

Moving means little since rapid fire locks onto you. Dodging means you burn both since the dodge is only really good for a second at best.

Yeah, I sit there using rapid fire while things run around too. I feel like a bad ass moving turret.

markot

Banned
Moving around teh ranger, dodging to mitigate the damage... using one of your own numerous skills to interrupt?

The ranger is.... ranged. Mess him up close and personal.

Retro

DR ticking for 55.
IoJ in second by a comfortable margin.
Very interesting turn of events.

Do not want to face that 30-40 man Warzone group ever again.

Thanks,
-Retro

Zeroth helped me finish my Fractal Capacitor for my birthday, so I've been trying to make a new outfit to go with it.

I've never really tried mixing and matching different sets before, so I'm not certain I am completely satisfied with the finished product. I still have serious misgivings about the effectiveness of boob armor as well.

Happy birthday Ike! I'll send you an Arcanine but it doesn't exist.

Happy Birthday Ike! awesome job you all.

Thanks guys!

Got a new PC recently and I'm thinking about getting back into GW2. I completely forgot everything that's happening in my personal story, I only got to about level 35 with a Warrior. Anyone have advice on how to get back into the swing of things?

Levyne

Banned
Got a new PC recently and I'm thinking about getting back into GW2. I completely forgot everything that's happening in my personal story, I only got to about level 35 with a Warrior. Anyone have advice on how to get back into the swing of things?

Wellllll

You could start a new character, but the leveling experience is a bit different now.

You could go back to your Warrior and just not worry about the PS for a bit and do some guild missions, world bosses, or get your feet wet in the WvW tournament. Yeah you'd be an "uplevel" but you could still do it.

JonCha

So I got my ranger to level 80 a couple of days ago and thinking of what armour to go for. Doing some Fractals last night with a group, they said go for Berseker and the Citadel of Flame armour as it's the quicker (P1 anyway). I'm guessing after that, then it's just the skin you like? I actually like the Karma Exotic armour the most, but I don't think I can be bothered to get that much Karma.

Thorgal

So I got my ranger to level 80 a couple of days ago and thinking of what armour to go for. Doing some Fractals last night with a group, they said go for Berseker and the Citadel of Flame armour as it's the quicker (P1 anyway). I'm guessing after that, then it's just the skin you like? I actually like the Karma Exotic armour the most, but I don't think I can be bothered to get that much Karma.

Zerk gear is the meta for dungeons or fractals speedruns .

However if you want more survive ability Knight armor is just as good .

In the end , pick wathever you like and what you feel works best with your play style .

Taffer

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

I've got that bookmarked because I end up there whenever a character hits 80. Have a look at the temple & dungeon armour lists, it'll be faster to buy pieces from different sources than running CoF repeatedly and is less likely to make you sick of CoF. Then you can start shopping for skins with the advantage of not being in a full CoF set.
Special mention for the WvW armour as the tournament's on.

JonCha

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

I've got that bookmarked because I end up there whenever a character hits 80. Have a look at the temple & dungeon armour lists, it'll be faster to buy pieces from different sources than running CoF repeatedly and is less likely to make you sick of CoF. Then you can start shopping for skins with the advantage of not being in a full CoF set.
Special mention for the WvW armour as the tournament's on.

Just seen this - thanks for replying. Haven't checked the link yet (going to do after this post), but I did like the WvW armour above all others. How long would it take me to earn the badges I need, or do you get bonuses for that for competing in the tournament? I've played WvW like once, so I'm being coming all very new to it.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Changes coming to the NPE

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-Coming-to-the-NPE

The devs have been reviewing your feedback on the New Player Experience. While some bug fixes have already been made, the team will be making other updates in the future to address:

• Plot holes and story inconsistencies that may have been introduced with story realignment
  • Replacing the missing profession mechanics UI for the Ranger and Mesmer professions
  • Investigating issues that prevent players from retaining some skills (heal, utility, and elite) that they had previously unlocked
  • Addressing an issue with bundles that prematurely unlocked utility and elite skills
Other aspects of the NPE are being examined, and your constructive feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom