• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

See thread on Official Forums.
See tons of bullshit, nitpicky responses.

Suddenly...!
See a post that is well-written and presents a good point.
Notice post is from a GAFer.

Yep.

Zeroth

Here is the video from my birthday fractal run!

GW2 - GAFractals Level 50 (09/15/14)

I want to thank Zeroth, Taffer, Levyne, and Miktar again for getting together to do this with me. Fractals aren't something I enjoy doing with just anyone, so it really means a lot to have great friends to share such fun moments with.

I was talking to Ike today about this, but I had to bring it up:

This is amusing in light of our run Monday. We had 3 "burden" classes in our party yet managed to beat it in less time than I did some weeks ago on a pro fractal team full of "meta" classes. It's not the class, it's the way you play it!

Which means, come do GAFractals peeps, we accept everybody!

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Gaile Gray is back doing community stuff

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...e-movement-here-in-CS-world/first#post4423730
Most of you know that Gaile has moved from Customer Support to a new (and very awesome) role over at the Community team. She’s still nearby so I think I can still hit her with my trebuchet – I’ll report results soon.
What this means, simply, is that she won’t be handling CS tickets anymore.
/cry, go ahead. I’ll give you a moment.

…
That does not mean you’re losing her. She’ll be very active on the forums and involved directly with the direction our communication with you heads. I will happily answer your questions if you have any.

I like comparing my first Ralena and Vassar solo fight to the most recent one. It's nice seeing yourself improve.

I've gotten really good at doing AC Story alone. I'm not sure in the grand scheme of things how useful that is, but I guess it is something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
haha no but for seriouslyyyy, somebody check what Gnashblade's got!
I like comparing my first Ralena and Vassar solo fight to the most recent one. It's nice seeing yourself improve.

I've gotten really good at doing AC Story alone. I'm not sure in the grand scheme of things how useful that is, but I guess it is something.
This is so cool. I really ought to do it on my thief so I can feel better about myself. Such ugly going on my confusion mesmer, though very satisfying to beat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh dang guys I don't think I mentioned it yet- I'm out of town this weekend, flyin' to Georgia for a friend's wedding. I'll miss both reset and missions and more importantly I'll miss you, GAF ;_;

Shiokazu

E182bjI.jpg

ok, anyone knows anything about this beside the fact that its a chest and you cant do shit with it?

Retro

From the Archeage Thread:
So these queues, do you bypass them if you have paid?
You get higher priority. So you'll still have to wait, but you go behind the rest of the Patrons at the front of the line and cut ahead of all the F2P players.

Ouch. For those who aren't familiar with the nomenclature, Archeage is a free-to-play game, but you can subscribe to it as a "Patron". Essentially you have to pay a sub if you want to circumvent the 4000-deep queues, and even then you'd have a wait time. (This is the part where I point out that GW2 had no queues at launch or any point since.)

Welp, I think I am done with this game.
Just got my first crafting quest to make a spice...it requires 100+ mats for one lol.
Yeah okay, I played other Korean MMO before but geezus that is a lot of mats.
And man, crafting in this game is much harder than in real life, all the mats are in 100+ combined range. Gathering only allows me to pick up 2-5/node =/.

This will probably be the first time I think I will support Chinese farmers and power-level service because I make more money at my job than going around collecting stuff.
Or they can add a Craft Level Up potion for $10.00 in their shop because wow, I rather throw money at this grind than playing it.

I can see why mobile market is going so fast because the grind is getting so tedious to the point that the economic value for your time is worth 10x more than playing the game.

Double Ouch. I would be remiss if I didn't point out that crafting and gathering both require players to spend "Labor Points" which you only accumulate at a rate of 5 per 5 minutes played (Patrons, of course, get 10 every 5 min. AND 5 every 5min while offline). Of course, you can buy more in the Cash Shop...

(This is the part where I say how lucky GW2 players are that the gem store hasn't dipped into that level of scam territory).

E182bjI.jpg

ok, anyone knows anything about this beside the fact that its a chest and you cant do shit with it?

Never seen it before, I'll have to track that spot down. Maybe it's tied to an event that rarely triggers (those pirates can be kinda tough in there, so it wouldn't surprise me that nobody would start an event if it's buried in their midst).

Shiokazu

where the heck is that?

Ouch. For those who aren't familiar with the nomenclature, Archeage is a free-to-play game, but you can subscribe to it as a "Patron". Essentially you have to pay a sub if you want to circumvent the 4000-deep queues, and even then you'd have a wait time. (This is the part where I point out that GW2 had no queues at launch or any point since.)

Double Ouch. I would be remiss if I didn't point out that crafting and gathering both require players to spend "Labor Points" which you only accumulate at a rate of 5 per 5 minutes played (Patrons, of course, get 10 every 5 min. AND 5 every 5min while offline). Of course, you can buy more in the Cash Shop...

(This is the part where I say how lucky GW2 players are that the gem store hasn't dipped into that level of scam territory).

Never seen it before, I'll have to track that spot down. Maybe it's tied to an event that rarely triggers (those pirates can be kinda tough in there, so it wouldn't surprise me that nobody would start an event if it's buried in their midst).

its in gendarran fields, north of it near the crypt and the vista near there.

its actually very near to the vista. very missable.

So I tried to solo Arah today.

I decided Path 2 would be the easiest to start with, and (even though I wasn't able to complete it) I made it all the way to Giganticus Lupicus on my own and learned a lot of things that will make future attempts quicker.

GW2 - Arah P2 (Berserker Abomination Solo)

Boss fights meant for five people take a really long time alone.

GW2 - Arah P2 (Lupi Solo/Duo Attempt)

It took a couple of hours to learn Phase 1 of Lupi, so I was going to leave Phases 2 and 3 for another day and let Zeroth help me finish the bastard, but we just couldn't get it down. We'll try again tomorrow.

5il3nc3r

I've been testing out Archeage for a while now and i can confirm what that poster said about the crafting/gathering is factually wrong. It's nowhere near that bad and i don't even have patron status.

I have been having a lot of fun bouncing between Archeage and GW2. They're very different games. Before Archeage i was busy with the Secret World + GW2 . That's the great thing about having no subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom