• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Ditched tags. Found a group. Haven't killed this many people since Olaf's zergs, but we aren't winning any sort of ppt any time soon.

YB, even NSP all split into decent sized groups. Meanwhile we're all "EVERYONE ON TAG NOOBS" Good lord.

Mxrz

Can't hate on YB. They might not be great individually, but they have the numbers, guilds and organization. Definitely belong in T2/Gold. The fact they aren't there is ANet's fault.

The rating system in WvW needs to go. WvW matches should be handpicked, at least for tournaments stuff. It doesn't seem too hard to know when a server has imploded, or another server has received enough transfers to dwarf the competition. We learn this stuff. So could the WvW team. Heck, the numbers should reflect it if they were worth anything.

Some people are going to keep bandwagoning whatever server to win silver. I don't really get why. The rewards aren't anything super special, and the actual gameplay ends up being pretty terrible too. But they'll do it every time in large numbers.

It would be little more than moral victory, but I want a "Server devoted" title or achievement. Stay on a server for a year, or complete so many tournaments for that server, and get a title or some shiny pixels.

Can't hate on YB. They might not be great individually, but they have the numbers, guilds and organization. Definitely belong in T2/Gold. The fact they aren't there is ANet's fault.

They don't belong, no server in Silver belongs in Gold league, it's on another level up here, TC is the weakest of the top 3, having no problems with FA and Mag, right now they are being dismantled, Yaks would fare no different, facing BG and JQ is tough, BG has enough players to cover all maps at 3am, and not just cover, conquer every thing on the map, they probably stand a chance against the likes of Mag, SoS or FA but against the top 3 in GOLD you gonna be destroyed..

TC currently has a tick of 585..

Mxrz

They're closer to FA and SoS than Mag is now, and certainly closer than the rest of silver. Outside the very top and the very bottom, everything is looking like a curbstomp this week.

dinopoke

I got this game during the last sale but I haven't played much. I have a level 14 Charr Engineer hanging out in the Plains of Ashford. Is it alright to ask for an invite to the Gaf guild? My account name is dinopoke.6325 on Stormbluff Isle. I won't be super active but I'd like to play every now and then. Would like to have some people to play with.

Thorgal

WELP !

gw22014-09-2011-24-57s4r6n.png

Thorgal

I got this game during the last sale but I haven't played much. I have a level 14 Charr Engineer hanging out in the Plains of Ashford. Is it alright to ask for an invite to the Gaf guild? My account name is dinopoke.6325 on Stormbluff Isle. I won't be super active but I'd like to play every now and then. Would like to have some people to play with.

Everybody is welcome to the guild .

One of the officers will be along shortly to sent an invite .

I would do it myself , but i am still a filthy plebeian groveling at their feet . :p

BTW , are you on Stormbluff isle ?

Katoki

I sent the invite for Dinopoke.

We're not doing very well at all. I got fed up earlier tonight because it was basically us feeding YB bags and entertaining them while we were at it. Now that I look at the score, it's not going to be any better since the same guys are probably still protecting small things like the camps.

It's almost like we're being directly targeted with NSP in their sights when they have nothing else to flip. Almost.

Retro

Retro was trying to extort 500g and 2 precursors out of me in guild chat today. Q.Q

Lies. It was a 500g dagger skin (which I was willing to pay you 3.5g for!) and one precursor, which wasn't even for me.

Two tags arguing five feet from one another over pugs not stacking tight while bay flips to a smaller nsp group.

Yeah, I had expected to jump onto NSP BL and hit them hard and throw up some early points fast to destabilize them. When we've faced NSP in the past they tend to roll over really quickly and just disappear if you hit them hard early and often, to the point where we could (theoretically) make it a two-way fight (potentially spreading Yak's Bend's coverage thin, if such a thing is possible). Unfortunately, we had 4 or 5 commanders either ignoring each other or screaming in map chat, and while they were screaming YB took positions and locked them down with siege within minutes (I was shocked how fast we encountered multiple arrow carts at a tower). We had NSP Hills early but the rest of the map rolled green and was locked down while people bickered.

The point where I kind of decided to call it an early night was watching one of our zergs get pinched between a big NSP group coming out of Garrison and Bay (Held by YB). Rather than break off and let the much larger NSP group hit Bay and flip it, this commander (Brik-something) screamed at the pugs around him for 5 seconds and then rushed in to a swift and unglorious death. Which gave YB enough time to group up on the wall above and push out and wipe the NSP group.

Oh, and nobody was in TS but us four GAFers. Not a one, on reset night.

That's the kind of week it's gonna be. I think we've been so busy fighting YB that NSP has been able to slip between and take second. Oh, but we got Stonemist though, so we're sure to win! It's like SBI has no tactic beyond that.

nataku

All of a sudden I'm getting this weird error when starting up GW2.

"The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link libary d3d9.dll"

It pops up that same error every time I hit OK, six times in a row. Then I can log in and hit play, then it pops up five more times and the game seems to play normally from there.

Anyone else having this problem? All of my other games start up just fine, and it wasn't doing this yesterday.

Levyne

Banned

"The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link libary d3d9.dll"

It pops up that same error every time I hit OK, six times in a row. Then I can log in and hit play, then it pops up five more times and the game seems to play normally from there.

Anyone else having this problem? All of my other games start up just fine, and it wasn't doing this yesterday.

I'm getting that too. After messing around with a system restore and a few things...I think it's related to the new nvidia drivers. Did you update to 344.11 as well?

Like you said, it still plays normally, otherwise.

nataku

I'm getting that too. After messing around with a system restore and a few things...I think it's related to the new nvidia drivers. Did you update to 344.11 as well?

Like you said, it still plays normally, otherwise.

Nope, I'm using 340.52 and have been for a while now. I never had the problem with them.

The only thing I did do was update GeForce Experience.

EDIT: It seems like it might be an issue with the latest GFE update and/or the newest drivers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2gw45l/geforce_34411_drivers_sweetfx/

Thorgal

Deinstall Geforce experience 2.1.2. and go back to 2.1.1.1

Mxrz

Its all okay if we have SM! Meh.

Ranger buffs might be too good, or YB has a lot of bad 1v1'ers. Just melting everything with warhorn 5, signet/wild, rampage, and rapidfire. Hit stealth arrow, reef drake confusion, repeat. Thinking of making a zerk medium set just to be more silly. Also need it for the collector thing.

* Tag/zerg poofed. Suddenly Out numbered in our BL, YB rampaging around. But we got SM. Can It still be a parody when its actually true.

Its all okay if we have SM! Meh.

Ranger buffs might be too good, or YB has a lot of bad 1v1'ers. Just melting everything with warhorn 5, signet/wild, rampage, and rapidfire. Hit stealth arrow, reef drake confusion, repeat. Thinking of making a zerk medium set just to be more silly. Also need it for the collector thing.

* Tag/zerg poofed. Suddenly Out numbered in our BL, YB rampaging around. But we got SM. Can It still be a parody when its actually true.

The Ranger meta has changed my spvp Mesmer build to bring two reflect skills; Rangers shit themselves when I reflect their arrows.

Retro

The Ranger meta has changed my spvp Mesmer build to bring two reflect skills; Rangers shit themselves when I reflect their arrows.

Right when Mimic could have been amazeballs, they changed it. I feel like my Reflect-centric build would really shine if it had a few weird things corrected (mostly the rules on Distortion and such not being applied evenly).

Shiokazu

i screwed up entirely today.

i lost my flight. i wont be able to go back home until wednsday. i dont even want to think about my life for the next years after screwing up like this.

i hope SBI gets to do better in this match, i'd be there in full Ookami glory but it wont happen.

i will also not be attending missions tonight.

have fun everyone! and i hope you guys have a blasting week!

Retro

i lost my flight. i wont be able to go back home until wednsday. i dont even want to think about my life for the next years after screwing up like this.

It's just a missed flight, it can't be that bad, can it? Just relax, we'll see you when you're back!

Well that was nice gm run

Yep, incredibly smooth. Started on time, everyone got comms, and none of the missions sucked too hard.

Good work folks, cya for Makeups tomorrow at 3pm eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom