• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only takes 55 AR to run level 49 fractals. It doesn't need ascended armor.

+5 on each of six ascended trinket slots is 30, +5 on each of three infused agony slots is 15, and +5 on each of two ascended weapon slots is 10.

30+15+10=55

You can replace the three infused agony slots with +8, +8, and +9 infusions and not worry about the weapon slots, or replace two of them with +10s.

Levyne

Banned
Charr and Asura look like their male counterparts.
The new Destiny's Edge most interesting characters are the females.
The best use of facial animation in the game is used in a cutscene where two women kiss.
The players, unfortunately, chose the female Ellen Kiel to lead.

Outside of boob armor, there's nothing in the game that ever really brings attention to gender differences or puts women down in any way. If anything, the game is more anti-Necromancer. (or at least the players are)

Article reads like someone who wanted to write about sexism but had only been playing GW2 recently.

Hell, Destiny's Edgier is 4 to 1 female to male, right? Unless you count the golem.

Retro

Cries of extortion over Black Lion scraps being a guaranteed drop only if you buy the $20 "WvW Support pack" in 3...2...1...

Tempest skins are pretty cool looking, but their design is so specific I can't imagine any of my characters using them except the Staff (again).

It only takes 55 AR to run level 49 fractals. It doesn't need ascended armor.

+5 on each of six ascended trinket slots is 30, +5 on each of three infused agony slots is 15, and +5 on each of two ascended weapon slots is 10.

30+15+10=55

You can replace the three infused agony slots with +8, +8, and +9 infusions and not worry about the weapon slots, or replace two of them with +10s.

125 gold for the infused backpiece. 70g for 2x+8 and 1x+9. 140g if you go for 2x+10.
Ascended weapons suffer from pretty much the same issue as ascended armor.

Might as well craft the armor.

I might get a few of those Tempest skins, I really like them. And they go well with the look of my Guardian. Hope they don't clip badly with the Phalanx armor skins I use, like Chaos skins do. I stopped using them because of that, haha.

Thorgal

Is there currently a central hub or meeting place ?

I know Lions arch was it in the past and after that went Kaput the vigils keep .

Now that place is empty again , but i do not see a lot of players ( about as much as there where in the keep ) back in LA.

Joystiq posted an article today about this game I wanted to share. I haven't had a chance to read it all yet.

Flameseeker Chronicles: Guild Wars 2's gender divide

The author for that article seem to be reaching. So instead of complaining how how the armor is unfair to only female, the author is instead complaining how the armor from the same are set are different. That is a new level of desperation. Don't get me wrong some of the armor can be a little extreme (that ugly blue armor), but that is more of the result of trying to cater to a large group of people. I mean everybody is represented, the one who enjoy skimpy to the ones who prefer the conservative look.

But my favorite part was when the author attempted to complain how a bunch of assholes (sons of svanir) are in fact acting like asshole which they are (doing what the author did by trying to compare it with real life: It would be like getting mad at ISIS for being sexist pigs). They are not meant to be sympathetic. Finally, the author instead of making arguments based on the points raised instead starts to invoke cheap emotions by making it about the author.

I know Lions arch was it in the past and after that went Kaput the vigils keep .

Now that place is empty again , but i do not see a lot of players ( about as much in the keep ) back in LA.

Lion Arch. But as a human I do see a lot of humans in DR.

Retro

Now that place is empty again , but i do not see a lot of players ( about as much as there where in the keep ) back in LA.

I find that I have defaulted to Rata Sum just for the sake of highly convenient layout for banking / trading / selling. The only thing it lacks is the Mystic Forge.

Been playing my Asuran Engineer a lot too, so... it makes sense.

Retro

Rubbing some salt in the whiny, #OccupySAB wounds;
Gaile Gray said:
According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

I actually like SAB a lot despite World 2 being pretty flawed, but the blow up over it makes me kind of want to distance myself from the kind of entitled people who rage over videogames.

Shiokazu

I actually like SAB a lot despite World 2 being pretty flawed, but the blow up over it makes me kind of want to distance myself from the kind of entitled people who rage over videogames.

lately living made me think that, by the society defaults, it is not alright to just chill and enjoy.

Didn't they have a continue coin in the CS? 600-800gems for it? i would be mad if i bought that coin and only got to use it for one SaB event, IMO if they gonna sell CS items for SAB then it should be a permanent part of the game..

Mxrz

Not so crazy about these skins. I picked up a few more chaos skins. Between those and the WvW skins, I need to figure out which ones I want to keep. I have wanted a good longbow skins for a while, but the only ones I really like are HoM, Dreamthistle, and Kudzu. I am hopeful the Stormbow will make a return. It was more iconic than even the chaos axe.

If all those raging had actually played it when it was available, I imagine it would be higher on the priority list.
Didn't they have a continue coin in the CS? 600-800gems for it? i would be mad if i bought that coin and only got to use it for one SaB event, IMO if they gonna sell CS items for SAB then it should be a permanent part of the game..
I have the coin and don't really regret it. I always believed SAB would return eventually. It was a tiny price to pay to make the content a bit more enjoyable. But I wouldn't mind if the content was permanent by any means. I want access to the original skins again. But then the same goes for the Witch's hat and some other stuff I missed out on.

5il3nc3r

Messing around with my external HDD and came across my first ever screenshot of GW2 all they way back from March 2013. Feeling a bit nostalgic. What's your first screenshot?

Messing around with my external HDD and came across my first ever screenshot of GW2 all they way back from March 2013. Feeling a bit nostalgic. What's your first screenshot?
I think mine might be a screenshot on the map showing a lot of people dead after the Marionette fail. It was brutal.
Also, I'm pretty sure I never actually beat that thing.

Thorgal

BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM MORTALS AND DESPAIR !

gw22014-10-0100-40-24wkumk.jpg

Not on at my PC but my first shot is from one of the stress test before the game launched, i per-ordered right after Beta Weekend 3...

Retro

First ever:

Mere minutes into the first BWE, and shot of Hythloday and I on our first characters ever.

First after launch:

At that point, I already had a 149 screencaps though. Most of them are in my little Beta album I made to pass the time while we waited: http://imgur.com/a/3ZG8I

The rest are all things like screenshots of character customization settings I wanted to save, pictures of all the armor sets, etc.

Shiokazu

my first screenshot is

gw001.jpg

following a tradition of mine of taking lv 1 screenshots of the character selection screen to make note of when i started playing.

Thorgal

While i doubt it was the very first shot i ever took of this game ( i regularly delete my old shots unless it is a real gem ) this is the oldest i could find :

My pink sylvary at jungle wurm which was before she converted to Smurfism.

Retro

It's funny, looking at all of my old screenshots from the BWEs. The world seemed so huge and full of promise. Two years and change later and I still see events I've never encountered before on a pretty frequent basis (less since the WvW Tourney started), screenshots of places I don't recognize or stumble into little areas that I hadn't noticed before. You think

That said, it also occurs to me that the folks ranting about the new player experience taking away some of the sense of exploration aren't entirely wrong (though they approach it from the absolutely worst angle). Tutorials are always rough, too much and you feel like you're being herded, too little and people get lost.

I wonder if that Island of Trials we keep seeing pop up in the Datamining threads is going to be some kind of tutorial. In my mind, it would be great to have players go through the initial story segment with all of their weapon skills unlocked to give them a taste of power (tropes warning), then have the Island of Trails where you end up next to recover / train / whatever. The island itself could be a sort of mini-dungeon like the Font of Rand where it requires you to learn things to progress. As long as experienced players can skip it, I don't see a problem with it. It's learning in a safe, structured environment and it could spit you out into the real world with a few levels and a better sense of how the game works.

/shrug. I think the NPE took it a little too far, but it needed to change.

Stamina bar and buff placement, rounded map, lady bug... your story checks out.

The typeface they used in the BWEs looks so strange now too. It took a while to get used to the one they changed to for launch, but looking back at it now it's less legible. Not that they had much choice (from what I understand, there was a legal issue with the BWE typeface, though that could just be Internet speculation).

Levyne

Banned
Not big into screenshots, I just don't take a lot for some reason (I take plenty for Steam games). I think my earliest was when I made The Dreamer after Lost Shores and then took on the OG Karka Queen with it when she wanted a rematch.

ibqAmIFwxsS1Mj.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
I appear to have deleted my earliest screenshots. This is #73 overall, from BWE 3.

Note that not only was my character design in place, but I'd already discovered the glory of mace/shield in WvW.

Not big into screenshots, I just don't take a lot for some reason (I take plenty for Steam games). I think my earliest was when I made The Dreamer after Lost Shores and then took on the OG Karka Queen with it when she wanted a rematch.

ibqAmIFwxsS1Mj.jpg

This event will forever remind me why RNG fucking sucks, someone in my old guild got Zap from the event, he got there when the final phase of the boss HP was at 30%, he tagged it a few times got bronze and out of the chest came Zap..

Mxrz

8-10 of us just took garrison, woo. Sucks losing ppt/tickets and all that, but this crazy hit-n-run stuff is pretty fun.

Turns out WoW invented the concept of "raids" and all definition therein. Pffffbttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom