• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
In the forum thread where Devs were announcing which Guild they were Adopted by, Colin posted and said that he will be "playing with his friends in GAF guild".

Huge twist: he doesn't consider us his friends.

Is there a specific date / time for when devs are supposed to play with their Guild?

I remember going through the Aetherpath my first time right after it launched. Colin was in the group and he was pretty much saying "this is how you go through this part, and oh this is one of my favorite parts in the path" before even getting to those parts. It was quite a fun run.

I've been on when he WvW with us once. He goes on late for my time zone though. I guess GAFinsomniacs and west coasters have a better chance of playing with him.

Taffer

Somewhy I thought October meant things were happening again so checked the blog to see what. Nothing until Halloween, it was just my stupid monthly achievement senses tingling. :mad:

Retro

Good to see we have given up on WvW this week. Worst server.

I was staying up until almost 3am earlier this week, but having random commanders lose Bay to tiny groups, having EB come in after the fact, kill their zerg once and then disappear just as they start taking another objective, etc. got to be too frustrating.

Turns out WoW invented the concept of "raids" and all definition therein. Pffffbttt.

I read through that whole thread. People are insane.

I remember going through the Aetherpath my first time right after it launched. Colin was in the group and he was pretty much saying "this is how you go through this part, and oh this is one of my favorite parts in the path" before even getting to those parts. It was quite a fun run.

I've done a bunch of Living Story chapters with him and the best part has always been how excited he is for us to see them. That's why all the "Lazy Devs" complaints don't bother me any more; I've heard how much passion at least one of them has for the game.

Yeah I love watching the streams they do, because you can tell they are really excited for the stuff they show. Its nice to see that from a dev as much as they do it.

Also after I think it was Tuesday night when we were trying to hold Hills and Bay with such little help in our BL I haven't gotten on to WvW. It was really depressing seeing everyone just abandon the map so fast and even when the EB zerg came to help it wasn't for very long.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I remember doing the Flame and Frost dungeon for the first time with Colin the day it was released. It's like a parent watching their child open a gift that they really wanted. He got really excited watching us go through it.

I blame the great Dorito rush last month for the influx of terrible commanders.

JonCha

If Colin does more events with the guild then I'm definitely going to be there unless I'm working on that time/day. Would be awesome.

Also, created a Guardian! And boosted him to level 20. Having only ever played a ranger, even the basic movement feels different and the pace of attacks. I also have no idea what I'm doing.

So umm... who's Colin?

colin_johanson_0.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No pics of tempest weapons? d'awwww
Not big into screenshots, I just don't take a lot for some reason (I take plenty for Steam games). I think my earliest was when I made The Dreamer after Lost Shores and then took on the OG Karka Queen with it when she wanted a rematch.

ibqAmIFwxsS1Mj.jpg
That was the Karka King, baby
I don't think we officially have colin.
We do.
Colin Johanson, according to the wiki he's the "Game Director" but I'm not sure if his title has changed.
I believe that's the man's job, indeed.

Colin is a bro who even got in Mumble when we played one of the new Living Story episodes right when it came out. It was like having live director commentary and it was great.

Mxrz

Just watched a pug kick a necro at a dungeon end boss and immediately invite someone else. If that isn't LFG system abuse, I don't know what is. Stuff like that doesn't need to be a time out, it needs to be a perma-ban.

Thorgal

Wow WOW WHOA Hold the phone !

I knew of people commissioning art works of their characters (paintings , drawings etc )
but this .......Is on a whole other level of amazing :

Have your Guild wars character and other games turned into a toy doll !

Brazil of DNT had one made for his guardian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQDwxvxaT4&list=UUXb625IE1vjylfTRW3-B6Lg

couple of examples from the site :

5UtmBSa.jpg
Q6AFp4v.jpg
7rnNpLf.jpg

The level of attention to detail is INSANE!

Pricy though . 175$ for a rush order 125 for normal .

Davedough

So the free week has convinced my wife that she likes GW2. The good news is, we can game together. The bad news is, we can game together. I've been taking her around the places and showing her how to do things so much that I haven't done anything for my own character in over a week now. She just had me upgrade to a paid account so she'll be here to stay. I guess I have an instant party at all times.

So the free week has convinced my wife that she likes GW2. The good news is, we can game together. The bad news is, we can game together. I've been taking her around the places and showing her how to do things so much that I haven't done anything for my own character in over a week now. She just had me upgrade to a paid account so she'll be here to stay. I guess I have an instant party at all times.

Get her in the guild, introduce her to the other women in the guild and then go do you own stuff, while they talk about minis or armor colours. This is a fool-proof plan, there is no way she would be upset.

Wow WOW WHOA Hold the phone !

I knew of people commissioning art works of their characters (paintings , drawings etc )
but this .......Is on a whole other level of amazing :

Have your Guild wars character and other games turned into a toy doll !

Brazil of DNT had one made for his guardian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQDwxvxaT4&list=UUXb625IE1vjylfTRW3-B6Lg

The level of attention to detail is INSANE!

Pricy though . 175$ for a rush order 125 for normal .

That is incredible. More than a regular figurine, this is a momentum of your beloved main you can take with you into the grave.

WoW has had the figure craft program for a long time, but the 3d printing had so-so results, this is something else. 175 USD is a hell of a lot of money thou. Like, damn.

Retro

I don't like how quiet the Living Story break has made this thread.

I played a lot earlier this week, but when it became obvious that beating my head against the Borderlands deep into the night wasn't going to change anything, I took a break. Read a book, started watching Sherlock, played through Castlevania Bloodlines (harder than I remember) and relaxed.

I'll probably be on tonight for the reset.

Also have a lot of fall games going to be competing for people's time.

That too. Shadows of Mordor is supposedly pretty good, and yeah, Smash Bros.

Well, you should still be getting XP / Loot at your level. Getting her squared away will allow you to do bigger and more rewarding things later, and she may steer you towards parts of the game you haven't been to yet (assuming you haven't gotten world completion already).

meh, probably asuran only

Humans, I believe. They're just super-deformed.

Davedough

Well, you should still be getting XP / Loot at your level. Getting her squared away will allow you to do bigger and more rewarding things later, and she may steer you towards parts of the game you haven't been to yet (assuming you haven't gotten world completion already).

Oh that's totally what we're doing and yes, I'm still leveling, but any time I try to go and do something on my own, I get yelled at "I'M DYING OVER HERE!" to which I reply, "I'm not the one who made an Engineer!"

Katoki

How is leveling these days. I think I need to roll a norn.

Leveling is fine. Waiting for your traits or going out of your way since you want a specific trait kinda sucks. For instance, Ignis or his event in whatever Shiverpeaks map he is in is bugged right now. No one can get that trait through gameplay.

Ken

Leveling is fine. Waiting for your traits or going out of your way since you want a specific trait kinda sucks. For instance, Ignis or his event in whatever Shiverpeaks map he is in is bugged right now. No one can get that trait through gameplay.

I don't remember any of this trait stuff lol.

just give me a race change item arenanetttttttt i dont like my asuran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom