• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pug warriors are annoying. Most sit on greatsword, with no might, vuln, banners, or even SiO. Just a nerfed hundred blades and a shitty attitude. Axe/Mace might not be much better, but at least its likely they're not just waiting around for #2 to refresh. Need to start some "No extra warriors" LFGs.

Oh i can go with this

Pug thieves are annoying. Most don't even know you can blast smokescreen, let alone fire fields and pistol 5. A disconcerting large percentage of them think PP is an efficient pve spec.

Pug rangers are annoying. Most camp LB all day erry day and are happy to sit at max range autoattacking and pressing rapid fire every once in a while and spamming knockback because reasons. Dropping frost? Staying in range for spotter? Going swordax after you loaded up vulns? What are you, some kinda commie?

Pug guardians are annoying. So many freaking staff campers, and you gotta actively remind a lot of them to drop WoR or stability.

Pug mesmers are annoying. You gotta remind the bastards to drop time warp and not stay at max range camping gs. smh

Pug eles are annoying. Dude, im sitting here with shortbow in hand. Drop the damn fire field before we pull ffs. Seriously, i gotta REMIND you to drop icebow?

Pug engies are annoying. Guy. Guy. Guy. Listen. Guy. I know rifle does good damage, but ffs, rotate your kits. No, camping flamethrower 2 aint fine. No, camping ANYTHING aint fine.

Pug necros... are pug necros.

I pug a lot.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Why do you have to be so mean Coriolanus?

Because of this:

xSsHqrn.jpg

Sylvari don't have noses like that or belly buttons.
That's just a moss-covered shirtless hobo.

1/10

/grumpy

Oh god, some dev named kristen perry said sylvari have bellybuttons. Brb, gotta strangle a pug.
Oh gods, male sylvari have anatomically correct cocks. I'll need a litter.

Retro

Oh god, some dev named kristen perry said sylvari have bellybuttons. Brb, gotta strangle a pug.

Well... she kinda did invent them. Before she (single-handedly, I believe) redesigned them to be plant-like, they were just elves with plant-like hair.

And yeah, the sylvari do have belly buttons in-game, unless I'm imagining it. Considering they just mimic the shape of whatever life they bond with when planted (in this case a human), their form is basically the same even if it doesn't make sense (Sylvari don't reproduce sexually but they apparently have the equipment).

Katoki

Damn, they really did a lot of catching up. I left last night when my internet kicked me off and that was when we were up to 345 ppt. Wonder if Stash even bothered going to sleep.

Looks like NSP is just like SBI when we face Yaks. Get lots of points in the weekend (lead) and get crushed during the week.

Looks like it was half an hour before this guy's post.

Moondrop

Banned
Sylvari belly buttons can be explained as being functionally equivalent to those of mammals: a scar over the point at which nutrients were delivered to the developing organism. Umbilical cord = apple stem.

Sylvari belly buttons can be explained as being functionally equivalent to those of mammals: a scar over the point at which nutrients were delivered to the developing organism. Umbilical cord = apple stem.

That's what the spine protusions are supposed to be.

Now explain the completely aesthetical cock.

I'm all for discussing common Asura-Skritt-Dredge ancestors and whether they can crossbreed, tho. Wouldn't put that past anet writers nowadays, especially after seeing the initial design.

first-asura1-345x600.jpg

hythloday

Uhhhhh nobody was suggesting you do that Ash.

Such a rapid denial reminds one of the fact that the first one who smelt a fart is usually the one who, in fact, dealt it.

Lettuce ponder that a bit.

Oh i can go with this
Pug guardians are annoying. So many freaking staff campers, and you gotta actively remind a lot of them to drop WoR or stability.

I know you probably joking around but i always wanted to address this stupidity with pugs, if you can't play without WoR then you can't play GW2, before WoR became a craze, pug groups actually cleared dungeon paths without it, there's only one place i see the need for WoR fractal over 30 Legendary Shaman, otherwise WoR is just an easy skill to abuse certain dungeon fights like the champ trio in SE1, I remember when we pulled the champs into the tunnel and fought them, WoR makes things easier but it's not required to clear a dungeon path..

Moondrop

Banned
Now explain the completely aesthetical cock.
Intelligent design. Previously I used the term "magical convergent evolution" to reference how the Sylvari have taken on the appearance of morphological forms derived (in our world) from evolution via natural selection. Granted there's a lot to their origin that may yet be revealed in the LS, but the simplest assumption is that the Sylvari-spawning trees at some point become programmed with a human template that they replicate in plant form. Even though intelligent design doesn't actually exist in our world, it appears to in Tyria.

Shiokazu

Intelligent design. Previously I used the term "magical convergent evolution" to reference how the Sylvari have taken on the appearance of morphological forms derived (in our world) from evolution via natural selection. Granted there's a lot to their origin that may yet be revealed in the LS, but the simplest assumption is that the Sylvari-spawning trees at some point become programmed with a human template that they replicate in plant form. Even though intelligent design doesn't actually exist in our world, it appears to in Tyria.

i remember reading somewhere that the sylvari are human like because of ronan, the pale tree also have a humanoid avatar because of him.

his influence made sylvari what they look like now. ventari's influence made what the dream is now. but by now everyone knows that the dream is a veil to protect sylvari from their true nature.

thats what i read. i dont remember where, it might be wrong, feel free to contest it.

I know you probably joking around but i always wanted to address this stupidity with pugs, if you can't play without WoR then you can't play GW2, before WoR became a craze, pug groups actually cleared dungeon paths without it, there's only one place i see the need for WoR fractal over 30 Legendary Shaman, otherwise WoR is just an easy skill to abuse certain dungeon fights like the champ trio in SE1, I remember when we pulled the champs into the tunnel and fought them, WoR makes things easier but it's not required to clear a dungeon path..

I dont favour this kind of argument because it does not lend itself well to other scenarios, for example, "if you can't play without an ele mightstacking, then you can't play gw2", "if you can't play without a thief dropping smokescreen and skipping content, then you can't play gw2", "if you can't play without vulnstacks, then you can't play gw2", so on, so forth.

It is not a matter of whether you can play with or without it. It is a matter of one player being able to considerably improve party synergy at no cost to himself, and refusing to do it because, i dunno, that Bane Signet is just. that. awesome.

End of the day, the skill ceiling for most content is obviously set to low enough that even a group filled with 5 condi necros in pvt gear can (probably) clear it, and that is a good thing. That this is possible does not necessarily mean that it is optimal. As usual with my posture, i seek whatever is optimal, since i am running almost all dungeons paths almost all days that i boot the game, thus making speed and efficiency paramount.

Yes, you can do it without it, but given the nonexistent cost in dungeons that can benefit from it, why, pray tell, would you?

That'd mean that the pale tree, which continues to design sylvari, has been placing superfluous cocks on them to this very day for absolutely no reason.

I can go with that.

Shiokazu

I dont favour this kind of argument because it does not lend itself well to other scenarios, for example, "if you can't play without an ele mightstacking, then you can't play gw2", "if you can't play without a thief dropping smokescreen and skipping content, then you can't play gw2", "if you can't play without vulnstacks, then you can't play gw2", so on, so forth.

It is not a matter of whether you can play with or without it. It is a matter of one player being able to considerably improve party synergy at no cost to himself, and refusing to do it because, i dunno, that Bane Signet is just. that. awesome.

End of the day, the skill ceiling for most content is obviously set to low enough that even a group filled with 5 condi necros in pvt gear can (probably) clear it, and that is a good thing. That this is possible does not necessarily mean that it is optimal. As usual with my posture, i seek whatever is optimal, since i am running almost all dungeons paths almost all days that i boot the game, thus making speed and efficiency paramount.

Yes, you can do it without it, but given the nonexistent cost in dungeons that can benefit from it, why, pray tell, would you?

That'd mean that the pale tree, which continues to design sylvari, has been placing superfluous cocks on them to this very day for absolutely no reason.

I can go with that.

sylvari can have sex and not get pregnant, and enjoy doing that.

its more like the pale tree wanted them to experience the world as any other race could.

Mxrz

You guys are spawning all sorts of deviantart pages.

Gave my thief ascended everything. Ran around in WvW. Turns out daggers have crappy range. People need to stand still and let me stab them.

sylvari can have sex and not get pregnant, and enjoy doing that.

its more like the pale tree wanted them to experience the world as any other race could.

Anatomically correct does not mean completely functional.

For all we know, sylv peenors might be perma hard/soft and vagoos might not have any lubrication or secrete maple syrup.

Now, did their creator go into that much detail? =p

Daggers have the same range as swords iirc.
Went and checked. Sword first strike has one micron more range than dagger. For some bizarre reason, subsequent hits on the sword autoattack chain have less range.
While the values listed for dagger are 130 and sword 170, in practice they are essentially the same. Find max dagger range on target golem, press back as quick as possible, and you'll be at max range for first sword strike and outside of the range of every subsequent sword strike.
That's the max dagger range.
max warr gs range

curiously, warr gs states 130 range on greatsword, which obviously is not the case. Hunnerblayz will hit just fine from that range, btw.

Retro

Bah. Verizon's estimating it'll be back by 10am. BAH. First time Verizon had actually done this, so I can't be too mad. Comcast was pulling this shit every couple days.

Oh well. Good luck in the wubwubs, GAF.

5il3nc3r

One minor thing that has been bothering me in a lot of MMOs including GW2 is the lack of character collision with players/npc. I don't know about you guys but for me seeing another person walking through me really breaks immersion. I've been playing a lot of Archeage recently which has character collision and its the first thing i notice.

I know the reasoning behind the lack of collision - to prevent griefers from blocking the door etc but there other ways around it (the ability to push other player like in AoC). Having character collision would prevent stacking in dungeons. Zerg events would look less ridiculous with dozens of melee characters clipping each-other.

So my question is would character collision work in GW2? Would you want character collision?

Character collision is not removed due to griefing. Character collision is removed due to server stress. Without it, the server can ballpark and perform location checks less frequently. With it, the server needs to know almost exactly where every player is at all times. Far less stuff to leave to clientside.

This is why large engagements + character collision almost always = very. bad. times.

Also requires a completely different set of balancing rules for pvp and pve. Hard to do if it aint there from scratch.

So, for gw2? better without.
For gw3? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom