• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

So NSP's BL is paper now, half from DR being quietly opportunistic and half from whatever hole our karma train crawled out of.

Main question will be : can we keep it?

Should easily be able to with the showing we have now, especially since people see that we get this huge gain at this hour.

Retro

Pretty badass Harvesting Axe. Scythe is 'meh' worthy as near as I can tell, flying carpet is kinda neat (and cheap, for 250 I might get it just to goof off), Green Glowing eyes is... why is the red one not dyeable? /shrug

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I know you probably joking around but i always wanted to address this stupidity with pugs, if you can't play without WoR then you can't play GW2, before WoR became a craze, pug groups actually cleared dungeon paths without it, there's only one place i see the need for WoR fractal over 30 Legendary Shaman, otherwise WoR is just an easy skill to abuse certain dungeon fights like the champ trio in SE1, I remember when we pulled the champs into the tunnel and fought them, WoR makes things easier but it's not required to clear a dungeon path..

But WoR is so much fun! At launch I recognized how powerful reflects were - the ability to disable a range opponent and even turn it into extra DPS. I carried WoR everywhere. I remember fields on dead bodies around the Bandit Miner Champion's golem while I went toe to toe. (pretty funny how hard that was back then compared to now) My Mesmer can keep up reflection 90% of the time, 100% during certain fights making WoR a waste on a Guardian's bar.

What I find hysterical is when groups still want to stack for certain fights without any reflections. Did SE1 on Ranger yesterday and the group wanted to stack for golems and 3 of them dropped in seconds...because we had no reflections (axe 5 has some voodoo going on where it's horrific). I had to suggest the tunnel. The reflections certainly make PuGs go by easier, especially when getting shot at. (good luck getting the PuG to be on the right side of the wall)

My issue with "optimal playstyle" is that some rely on your team having their shit together. I could trait for frost spirit and give up survivability, or bring spotter and give up on my own damage...but in PuGs, chances are they won't have my back if I fall and someone is probably specced for minimal damage making that extra precision tradeoff a waste. I'd rather respec when in an organized team / fractal and spec to keep me up (who in turn keeps my team up) in PuGs.

My issue with "optimal playstyle" is that some rely on your team having their shit together. I could trait for frost spirit and give up survivability, or bring spotter and give up on my own damage...but in PuGs, chances are they won't have my back if I fall and someone is probably specced for minimal damage making that extra precision tradeoff a waste. I'd rather respec when in an organized team / fractal and spec to keep me up (who in turn keeps my team up) in PuGs.

Not a particularly good example since the spotter trade is for eagle eye, and unless your 4 pugs and you are capped out on crit (which id say is *highly* unlikely), it is far more likely that giving each of them the extra 7% crit on all weps will be a far better deal than 5% extra longbow damage for yourself. Heck, it is far more likely that spotter is more damage for you as well. You go eagle eye for the range.

TBH I don't quite get the idea that you give up damage when traiting spotter. Are you under the impression that it doesn't affect you?

But yes, trades like that are the reason i swap to warrior and go banners EA phalanx gs camping when I notice there's no plate in the group. Far less damage for me, but even if the group is absolutely atrocious, the loads of might and extra (nerfed) power make the whole thing go smoother... and people that try to stack without having the party cohesion for it... oh gods.

Tbh² after a while your* tolerance for bad behaviour diminishes considerably. I'm not at the point of asking people to ping gear or 4k+ ap only yet, tho.

*my

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Not a particularly good example since the spotter trade is for eagle eye, and unless your 4 pugs and you are capped out on crit (which id say is *highly* unlikely), it is far more likely that giving each of them the extra 7% crit on all weps will be a far better deal than 5% extra longbow damage for yourself. Heck, it is far more likely that spotter is more damage for you as well. You go eagle eye for the range.

TBH I don't quite get the idea that you give up damage when traiting spotter. Are you under the impression that it doesn't affect you?

But yes, trades like that are the reason i swap to warrior and go banners EA phalanx gs camping when I notice there's no plate in the group. Far less damage for me, but even if the group is absolutely atrocious, the loads of might and extra (nerfed) power make the whole thing go smoother... and people that try to stack without having the party cohesion for it... oh gods.

Tbh² after a while your tolerance for bad behaviour diminishes considerably. I'm not at the point of asking people to ping gear or 4k+ ap only yet, tho.

I don't take eagle eye, I take piercing shot. Triple damage on big targets like Tequila and Golem, the arrow goes a bit farther, to compensate for piercing, so even if target is out of range can still hit (just no auto) and longbow 2 hitting multiple enemies is ridonkulous burst damage mathematically speaking. Sure, it's a worthless trait against a single boss but I find pick up groups are more likely to wipe at a boss with adds or even trash mobs. But most importantly, switching to bow and lining up targets is just fun. Which is really what my choice comes down to. The best way to go about Pugging without tearing my hair out is just have fun with it.

Shiokazu

Anatomically correct does not mean completely functional.

For all we know, sylv peenors might be perma hard/soft and vagoos might not have any lubrication or secrete maple syrup.

Now, did their creator go into that much detail? =p

Daggers have the same range as swords iirc.
Went and checked. Sword first strike has one micron more range than dagger. For some bizarre reason, subsequent hits on the sword autoattack chain have less range.
While the values listed for dagger are 130 and sword 170, in practice they are essentially the same. Find max dagger range on target golem, press back as quick as possible, and you'll be at max range for first sword strike and outside of the range of every subsequent sword strike.

That's the max dagger range.

max warr gs range

curiously, warr gs states 130 range on greatsword, which obviously is not the case. Hunnerblayz will hit just fine from that range, btw.

i cant prove in western terms. since i dont remember where did i went to find text.

but pretty much sylvari have everything a normal human do besides internal organs, but from a outside perspective, its pretty much all the same.

AHG this is weird, lets not talk about sylvari sexuality anymore never more in this thread, its just... weird, too weird, its about as much as to see kids having sex and loving it.

( sylvari are kids, big, looking like adults, but they are kids. )

in some other news ARAH! I NEED PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE ARAH! FOR DRESS UP NEEDS.

JonCha

Speaking in guild chat earlier today I was told those who want to be transferred to SBI need to be put on a list? Is that right? And if so, how do I add myself to it?

Speaking in guild chat earlier today I was told those who want to be transferred to SBI need to be put on a list? Is that right? And if so, how do I add myself to it?

You just did.

Now we just need to shine the Hawkian signal and he will hook you up once the funds are collected.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This was a funny page <3

I was wondering do any of you know if Ash intends to put his junk in a salad bowl at any point or
I ain't putting my junk in a salad bowl. Sorry folks
ahhh okay cool.
but hawkian is stuck shooting into loot caves or something
no see
Are you on an EU server? If not, what server are you on? Is it one I like?

Retro

Once the housing CDI wraps up, raiding is next, then GvG. I expect the Raiding CDI to be about 90% "make world bosses instanced!" posts, 5% "Hardcore raidz plz" folks who didn't get the Wildstar Memo, and 5% people who "Get it" and will suggest large scale content compatible with the current game mechanics.

Expect the raiders to scream and post at a volume far exceeding their size and worth. Trinity folks will show up in droves too, I bet.

Shiokazu

fFZI9Xv.jpg

it was not worth the effort.

Retro

I like it, it fits your name perfectly. The red streaks on white remind me of sun bursts on the old imperial Japanese flag, and she is named after a Japanese sun goddess, right?

Edit: Since the eye on the belt is all white, it kind of looks like a sun symbol too, with the jagged edges.

Shiokazu

I like it, it fits your name perfectly. The red streaks on white remind me of sun bursts on the old imperial Japanese flag, and she is named after a Japanese sun goddess, right?

Edit: Since the eye on the belt is all white, it kind of looks like a sun symbol too, with the jagged edges.

yes, it does fits. not worth the effort because getting it put me into some girlfriend trouble today.

her name should be Amaterasu no Omiokami, the xintoist main deity sun goddess and emperor of takamagahara ( land of eternal light ) also mother of the imperial japanese lineage. they say they descend from her and even nowdays hold two of her relics, the one they dont being in a huge temple in Ise, said to be the mirror where her spirit resides.

white and red because japanese flag and amaterasu's representation in the game Ookami.

the bit about the eye on the belt i didnt noticed D: it sure fits.

good to know you also liked her looks retro.

Thorgal

Anybody know of a functional build for a Guardian with sword and shield ?

It doesn't have to be the best of the best , just something functional..

Mxrz

Until pugs start bringing more condition removal, I'll never give up my light fields, I mean, WoR.

Shield is pretty limitied, but if you can get past that. Maybe x/6/6/x/x. Powerful blades, Right Arm Strength, Retributive Armor, Honorable shield. Otherwise about any pve dps build that has powerful blades would be about as good. RAS/shield stuff aren't super great even fully spec'ed.

Anybody know of a functional build for a Guardian with sword and shield ?

It doesn't have to be the best of the best , just something functional..
I use 6/5/2/0/1. Blind Exposure, Powerful Blades, Strength in Numbers. The F1 spam and increased toughness are always welcome in the dungeon groups I run in. If another guardian already has Strength in Numbers, I'll switch to Retributive Armor. I don't have any traits specific to the shield, but I still use it. I echo Mxrz's sentiment that any PvE build you want that has Powerful Blades in it is about as good as it's going to get for sword and shield.

Retro

WvW.
Get frustrated, stop to eat.
Return, everything is blue.
Flying into free.

8 golems and 30 NSP vs. maaaaaybe 8 people on tag. We didn't even have enough to man all of the siege in Garrison. They just papered on SBI, left for EB and flipped it almost completely blue while we tried to flip SBI back. They just all poured back in as soon as it was done and flipped everything, in some cases completely unopposed. We can't get enough people to fight them off, nevermind scouting.

Shiokazu

uh, i need help tweaking my guild wars 2.

PC specs as they go are

Geforce GT 750M

intel core i7

8gb ram

do i need to provide something else? can someone help? adriaaa just told me to turn particles off.

im currently running 30fps falling to 20 sometimes. i'd like to get a constant 40 at least.

levyne told me to turn off reflections and put shadows on low.

levyne is jesus.

Turn off FXAA. Set sampling to native. Set reflections to sky. Set shadows to medium. Those should hopefully boost your FPS from 30 to 40.

Edit: Levyne with the Quick Draw.

Mxrz

8 golems and 30 NSP vs. maaaaaybe 8 people on tag. We didn't even have enough to man all of the siege in Garrison. They just papered on SBI, left for EB and flipped it almost completely blue while we tried to flip SBI back. They just all poured back in as soon as it was done and flipped everything, in some cases completely unopposed. We can't get enough people to fight them off, nevermind scouting.

I just wish we'd take a lesson from YB, and siege up some stuff. Maybe starting upgrades right away is the elite way to do it, but hardly see the point when we can't defend it.

Retro

I just wish we'd take a lesson from YB, and siege up some stuff. Maybe starting upgrades right away is the elite way to do it, but hardly see the point when we can't defend it.

That alone wouldn't work though; we also need people, to both man the siege and report when locations are under attack. We lost Bay right after we flipped it back because nobody stayed to scout and by the time anyone noticed there were swords, they'd already steamrolled into inner (whether because no one was watching or they just brute-forced their way in).

I mean, when they took hills earlier they had 8 catas all nicely laid out in a grid. Siege was only going to do so much in a situation like that.

Yeah, taking a location and dropping some siege to defend it would be great. We had a shitload of siege at NW tower (the last Tier 3 structure left on our map), but nobody was there to man it and 20 people just rolled in and owned the place. I have no idea where our numbers went but it's frustrating (and it's likely to drive the OCX and SEA guilds to leave because their efforts are burned away in the space of a few hours in what is supposed to be our prime time).

Levyne

Banned
Figured I'd blurt out that with the new update to Geforce Experience I no longer get that error message that conflicts with sweetfx (since I know a few people here use it).

While I'm blurting things out, I'll likely miss missions on Saturday, if that's important to anyone.

Katoki

I just saw the score and looked at our structures just now and went "oh." Last time I looked was about 3.5 hours ago before I left for class and we'd only lost hills.

NSP can sure rally their train for that karma. Not so great in open field fights though but it's argued that it's not actual WvW at all.

Katoki

There's a chance OCX/SEA might stay up a bit later on the last day and keep pushing but that's up to them. It's a shame because the work of so few people are being taken advantage of by so many when you see the guys going at it 12+ hours compared to the short reset turn out.

"But it's their problem they choose to play that long."

Is it our fault we take to this game mode way we do, especially with those up in the higher tiers paving the way for the rest of us or is it the fault of those who designed it that it doesn't work for the masses?

Shiokazu

There's a chance OCX/SEA might stay up a bit later on the last day and keep pushing but that's up to them. It's a shame because the work of so few people are being taken advantage of by so many when you see the guys going at it 12+ hours compared to the short reset turn out.

"But it's their problem they choose to play that long."

Is it our fault we take to this game mode way we do, especially with those up in the higher tiers paving the way for the rest of us or is it the fault of those who designed it that it doesn't work for the masses?

who knows rite?

Mxrz

I do it up until the point I get frustrated. Then its off to pve/goldland. Then its back to wvw before sleep. Got annoyed I couldn't drag people in this evening for help, but what can you do. I've pondered some of the wvw guilds (does sbi have any left) but then I enjoy my nightly pve too.

Wonder if they could shrink the BL maps for the lower tiers.

Katoki

Stash is reviving Immortal Gladiators on premise of zerg busting and future GvG. Feels like Twisted Effect again when it was building up minus Star Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom