• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiokazu

I do it up until the point I get frustrated. Then its off to pve/goldland. Then its back to wvw before sleep. Got annoyed I couldn't drag guildies/friends in this evening for help, but what can you do. I've pondered some of the wvw guilds (does sbi have any left) but then I enjoy my nightly pve too.

Wonder if they could shrink the BL maps for the lower tiers.

if im online you just have to ask. i gladly join on anything in that game.

Ashodin

10686971_10152396729113317_2255018276461585107_n.jpg

o hai

Mxrz

Stash is reviving Immortal Gladiators on premise of zerg busting and future GvG. Feels like Twisted Effect again when it was building up minus Star Player.

Not the biggest fan, but have to wish the guy luck.

I'm now watching a couple guys in map chat berate the people actually trying to do work on our BL. This sort of junk makes me ponder forgetting the mode exists at all.

Retro

Not the biggest fan, but have to wish the guy luck.

I'm now watching a couple guys in map chat berate the people actually trying to do work on our BL. This sort of junk makes me ponder forgetting the mode exists at all.

Yeah, I logged a couple minutes ago, I got fed up with that kinda shit. The EB Karma train is in full effect, so we're losing keeps to havoc squads because there's only four people on the map. We were at the Lord in Bay when a DR group ran in behind us and sniped it from us. There were only 5 of them. That should give you an idea on how bad our numbers are.

Or at least, how bad they appear. I see random people just running all over, but nobody on TS, nobody in map chat, nadda. I don't get it.

The last kick-in-the-nuts for me was trying to keep supply flowing into Bay by defending NW and SW camps. So a havoc of DR starts hitting SW, I call for backup. Fuckin' Gunbang shows up after it has flipped, runs into bay, drains ALL OF THE SUPPLY I HAD BEEN FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL FOR, after I EXPLICITLY SAID "Don't drain Bay, please", then waypoints to fucking EB with everyone in his group, leaving us completely alone.

I'm not doing it anymore. I spent all morning making sure siege was up and refreshed, scouting, defending yaks, etc. for it to get blown up in under 30 minutes the second I leave. And then picked at by DR vultures. I'm starting to dislike playing the game because people can't get their shit together in WvW.

I think I'm gonna roll a new alt or something and enjoy the parts of the game that are more relaxing.

Retro

That's why I rarely invest in structures.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at too, even though I know that's why SBI loses all the time. Everyone jumps on the EB Karma Train and there's this general "Oh god, what does the Borderlands need now!?" response when they're asked to help. There's a HUGE amount of bad blood between the "EB people" and the "BL people" with very little overlap.

My takeaway from the last few weeks is, there's no point in spending time and energy building upgrades, setting up and maintaining siege and scouting when shit gets flipped the second you're away. But those are all things that need to happen to prevent havoc squads from just flipping keeps. And that's why SBI is going to lose unless that changes. Our OCX and SEA guilds aren't going to put up with this shit for long, not when they do all the heavy lifting and are in such high demand elsewhere, like servers that fight to defend the work they put in.

Mxrz

Pretty much on that boat. The close score has me wanting to do more, but ugh.

I didn't even see the DR coming into bay. I was so focused in on avoiding the lord's AoE and trying to backstab. Maybe zerk thief isn't the best idea, even if stealthed yaks do crack me up.

We managed to wipe a DR guild group between NW tower and North camp, mainly by picking off their tail, and reacting that scene from Full Metal Jacket with rapid fire. So moral victory! woo!

Katoki

OCX/SEA are in high demand elsewhere but moving up only serves to fragment guilds or you're signing up for heavy queues during peak and moving down means that it's either the next bandwagon server or you'll easily outclass your competition. Plus, the higher tier servers people go to for organization or better fights or coverage tend to be more than they were asking for.

What do?

Vyrance

Sorry I haven't been playing recently guys, but I've been cheating on you all and playing Archeage. It's actually a lot of fun, and it's nice to feel in some sort of danger while trying to level up. Also I enjoy making a living out of farming/trading. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be on soon

Katoki

I'd assume your conditions would fall off to the most recent applied conditions of people who aren't condition builds rendering your damage output questionable. The fact that conditions kind of fall off due to over stacking is why they're basically trash in large scale PvE.

Unless they changed it so the conditions that come from characters with the highest condition damage stat take priority, though I highly doubt that.

I'd assume your conditions would fall off to the most recent applied conditions of people who aren't condition builds rendering your damage output questionable. The fact that conditions kind of fall off due to over stacking is why they're basically trash in large scale PvE.

Unless they changed it so the conditions that come from characters with the highest condition damage stat take priority, though I highly doubt that.

Sorta.

From gw2 wiki

Mechanics

Effects that stack in duration typically follow a simple queue where multiple applications are cumulative. For effects that depend on other values, such as Retaliation, the effect with greatest intensity takes priority. Most effects have a stacking limit, where the duration of the effect can't increase beyond a certain point. This limit depends on each source, as multiple sources can stack the effect for longer than a single source, such as the player alone. For a majority of effects players encounter, the effects will simply stack in duration.

The less common version, effects stacking in intensity increment in both duration and degree. The degree is indicated in the number of stacks in the bottom right corner of the effect icon. The duration indicated in an intensity-stacking effect is the source with the greatest duration. Effects that stack in intensity are limited to 25 stacks rather than duration. The sources with the greatest intensity and number of stacks will take priority in calculating damage. Removing effects, usually with condition and boon removal, will ignore the intensity of the effect.

The problem on taco and other structures aint so much the condi damage, but the fact that two condi-specced whatevers (or a single ebola warrior) will max that bleed cap, and, if that is correct, all other condi-built players will do jack and shit. On top of that, because the stack is maxed, the extra minor deeps that comes from those bleed on crit minor traits that every damn class has will be lost (but they'll lose that on big events anyway, so whatevs).

Then there's stuff like necro staff fields not being triggered by structures, or how condis benefit less from precision and ferocity, or how they're not good spike damage.

It's fine on pugs provided no one asks you to, say, destroy the controller in CoF1 >_>

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think I've been asked to handle the CoF 1 controller as every class.

"Ok, I'll do it. But don't expect time warp in the next room."
"What's time warp?"

Any particular reason why you want to avoid focus offhand? That shield it gives is *really* good. Like, flat-out one of the best skills in the game.

It's legit the best offhand weapon in the game.

Levyne

Banned
I still look at this image before bed to help me sleep soundly.

d4Yzp1r.png

I can't seem to do it very fast anymore, though. I think I hit it perfectly with a QZ'd drake blast and Path of Scars or something.

It's legit the best offhand weapon in the game.

That's quite a fight between warrior sword/mace offhand, thief offhand pistol, guardian focus, and ele offhand dagger.

Was gonna comment that torches are universally terrible offhands, but it seems that it is kinda sorta useful on mesmer, going by the skill list.
---

...did that guy say that thieves suck at gate? the fuck...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That's quite a fight between warrior sword/mace offhand, thief offhand pistol, guardian focus, and ele offhand dagger.

Was gonna comment that torches are universally terrible offhands, but it seems that it is kinda sorta useful on mesmer, going by the skill list.

Forgot those other existed....because that's how excited I get about Guardian block explosion!

For the first 6 or so months after launch, it was possible to stay in invisibility via mesmer torch infinitely by cancelling out of the channel on the prestige and recasting immediately. It went so long unnoticed because of universal torch hatred.

nice tattoo ash, but why do you have a pine cone hanged in aquarium in the back?

first of all, its pretty vile to execute a pine cone like that. what could it possible have done to deserve death in this manner? but then, what is even more shockingly, is how you just illustrate it for the world to see. like a piece of art!!!

I would expect this sort of mutilation-and-destruction-in-the-name-of-art semantics from someone like Kos or Hawkian with their dye-superiority complexes!!! but you... you ash.. you who donated to orphaned Quaggans and blind hyleks? I don't want to find out this way...

i propose we think of solutions to world vs world.
Implement GvG. Leave wvw for skins and buffs. Give up balancing population and time issues, you wont manage to without completely screwing the larger servers fiercely.

Promote the competition side through GvG with equally fielded teams and agreed upon match hours.

Make competitive wvw a larger tpvp, basically.

Shiokazu

Implement GvG. Leave wvw for skins and buffs. Give up balancing population and time issues, you wont manage to without completely screwing the larger servers fiercely.

Promote the competition side through GvG with equally fielded teams and agreed upon match hours.

Make competitive wvw a larger tpvp, basically.

i was saying... something in the lines, what can we do.

we as players, what we can do about it right now.

IN ANY CASE, im helping out our BL. i wish i could order upgrades.

TrounceX

Word on the street is they are going to implement guild alliances pretty soon. Not sure on the specifics but that's the direction anet is supposedly going in. Has me slightly interested again.

Reading WvW rage posts on here is truly great fun for me. Retros post about the gunbang zerg especially loool. Sbi is simply the worst WvW server I've ever seen. I don't even blame you guys for not being more active in it. The most misguided sentiment I have ever seen on here is the idea that you can accomplish more in a small groups on lower tier servers...no, your efforts are wasted on a lack of organization and population gaps. Retro puts that work into a Blackgate Bay and he's made a tangible difference in the matchup. With megaservers I see NO reason for anyone who enjoys WvW not to bail for t1 hint hint katoki and zeb hint hint

Shiokazu

Word on the street is they are going to implement guild alliances pretty soon. Not sure on the specifics but that's the direction anet is supposedly going in. Has me slightly interested again.

Reading WvW rage posts on here is truly great fun for me. Retros post about the gunbang zerg especially loool. Sbi is simply the worst WvW server I've ever seen. I don't even blame you guys for not being more active in it. The most misguided sentiment I have ever seen on here is the idea that you can accomplish more in a small groups on lower tier servers...no, your efforts are wasted on a lack of organization and population gaps. Retro puts that work into a Blackgate Bay and he's made a tangible difference in the matchup. With megaservers I see NO reason for anyone who enjoys WvW not to bail for t1 hint hint katoki and zeb hint hint

i've been there for 3 hours.

SBI already made me cry.

Mxrz

Server population fell off. Not much more to it. Its happen before. Trick is probably to remember its just a video game, and not become too invested. I'm guilty of that lately. But Oceanic felt like hog heaven this morning. Decent fights, no large groups either way. If only ANet could find a way to have that 24/7.

Shiokazu

Join a havoc squad. Gank people. Stop giving a fuck. Have fun.

well... i'll follow your advice when im ready to stop giving a fuck.

in NSP life was worse. but here in SBI all i can think about is that, the average SBI player is like this.

Donkey.jpg

pretty much if you understood, im not trying to hurt or offend anyone, this is just the most accurate way to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom