• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Retro get up already so I can sleep. NE tower is still ours and we don't have the OCX/SEA train running.

That's unusual. Ttu was on when I went to sleep at 2am, so I thought they were planning to go hard. Either way, I have stuff to do, be on whenever.

Spyware

if you want to join the guild ( unless you are already in GAF guild ) , leave your account name here.and someone will let you in.

I'm pretty stuck atm (thanks to RPing brother that definitely doesn't want to transfer anywhere) on Piken EU. A good thing right now in WvW Season times since we won every week :D
But I haven't found any guild to play with and would love to play with GAF so I'm torn. I'll post if I decide to transfer :)

Katoki

Well.. No skin off my back. NSP wanted it more so they should have it. Now it's a question of if DR wants second badly enough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I heard this guild sucks at WvW, is this true?
I personally WvW at suck
Hello!
This feels insanely weird. I've been following the GW2 threads since they started appearing before release since I've lurked on GAF for oh so many years. And now I can actually say hello to you all :O
Hi! Welcome, are you in the guild? We'd be happy to have you, and you even rival Xeris for Altitis! Really impressive st-
tumblr_nd0vju1FOn1qg7wmro1_500.png
AAAAH KILL IT KILL IT GET AWAY FROM ME

Shiokazu

i wont be joining on reset nights. since im more interested in making a longterm impact, rather than simply going there for tickets and loot and karma. I enjoyed having a tower and protecting it, watching the yaks, scouting the area, just standing in my tower for a long time taking care of it, only going out to help when theres real need need, i found it terribly amusing and rewarding.

i dont need wvw to give me rewards, just to give me enough resource to siege up the buildings our guild claim.

also there is something in sitting behind as an supporting elementalist, specially with the name of my one that adds up.

last photo i got from our tower this morning:

FJOCp6w.jpg

94JiGvf.jpg

it repelled two large army attacks in garrison, 3 wall breaching using catapults, destroyed an invading force and some other shit.

thank you everyone for taking care of Cliffside.

dtg

Neo Member
Is there a mod to display the health of mobs without getting banned by arenanet? I'd really like to know how much health whatever I'm hitting has.

Katoki

Unfortunate for OCX/SEA that put in work the nights they did to carry us. I'm not impacted by the tickets since they're a nice addition but not the sole reason I play.

Had a patronizing paragraph but deleted it because fuck it. Not even the carrots are enough for a lot of our playerbase now it seems.

Stealth edit: Looks like we can still eke out second place but honestly speaking, SBI.

Arcteryx

Is there a mod to display the health of mobs without getting banned by arenanet? I'd really like to know how much health whatever I'm hitting has.

There are mods of that sort, but you run the risk of a ban, because they can be used for PvP etc.

Outside of maybe a world boss encounter, I don't really see why you'd want one in GW2.

dtg

Neo Member
There are mods of that sort, but you run the risk of a ban, because they can be used for PvP etc.

Outside of maybe a world boss encounter, I don't really see why you'd want one in GW2.

I just don't like how I can see how much damage I'm doing, but not how much health what I'm hitting has.

Shiokazu

Amaterasu Omiokami, Lady of cliffside stormbluffisle borderlands tower.

thank you gaf and all the other people who i dont know, this has been awesome.

s5IvX7T.jpg

I just don't like how I can see how much damage I'm doing, but not how much health what I'm hitting has.

Gets even worse with all the traits related to target hp percentage, and no fucking way to know what percentage they have left aside from guessing it. Wonder who thought that was a good idea.
It did take them from release to 9/9 to give players a combat log that wasn't mostly useless, so you never know.

Spyware

why do I have this PvP buff?

Tournament of Glory Finals :)

Additionally, for the entire weekend of the event we’ll be enabling the “Call of the Mists” bonus in PvP maps. This bonus grants all players +10% increased PvP rank point gain, +15% reward track progress, and an additional +100% magic find while in Heart of the Mists (and yes, this works on all reward track boxes). This is the perfect time to jump into PvP for the first time and maybe grab some cool rewards while you’re at it!

Shiokazu

could 3 people at least join me on fortifying NE tower? i really need help because it takes me 4 travels to make a superior arrow cart alone. with a group of 4 it would take only 1, 4 travels would be enough to fortify the outer walls, 5 to have it well sieged. maybe 3 more to plant trebs. wouldnt take more than a hour. i know its asking too much but alone it took me around 2 days of hard work ( i only sleept around 10 hours Wednesday and Thursday, only taking friday to rest a little bit longer. ). you just have to help me build siege there, you dont even need to hang around, just help me deploy siege and you can go do whatever you want.

it hurts real hard to deploy a cart and after 2 travels, needing more 2 to finish the first cart have a large group come and take your tower because no one was there to hold it.

SBI needs those towers fortified, they just dont understand what Territorial control means, they dont have idea on the impact a heavy fortified build like that have, specially cliffside. which serves as a gate against invaders from east side garisson, checkpoint for traveling groups, even the value of a watchtower, the problem with SBI is that they dont understand tactics.

Some commanders understand strategy, but not territorial control or tactics, and thats my forte. i wish i was important on SBI so people would listen to me, but really, it doesnt matters wherever i am i have no voice, even if i have good things to say.

all i am asking is for 3 people so we can make east side more secure to us this week, i know the match will be hard but please, we can do it, i have plenty free time but i cant fortify that tower alone within time to repel an invading force.

if you read what i said here, i thank you. even if you can not help. i thank you.

Mxrz

Really tired of reporting the same old bugs. Even more tired of losing my time cause someone thinks an overly complicated script is better than just, you know, leaving a doorway unblocked. /grump.

Shiokazu

Shio, you're taking the game too seriously, mang. Chillax.

Also yaay rewards! I love rewards!

oh i know... i just wanted to make a difference there.

but now my heart is broken i dont know if i can go back into the mists so soon, thats the only thing i can do to help, hold a tower. im bad at PVP and i dont feel like i help in big groups.

i tried. thanks for help everyone who helped.

You truly wanna feel like you're part of something bigger, don't you?

While it might sometimes be about that, most of the time it ain't about that at all, mate.

Moondrop can help you with the pvp, btw. Probably. Maybe.

Shiokazu

You truly wanna feel like you're part of something bigger, don't you?

While it might sometimes be about that, most of the time it ain't about that at all, mate.

Moondrop can help you with the pvp, btw. Probably. Maybe.

uhum, i do.

i dont pvp often too, i dont know how to spec to pvp even if i am following guides or pre made builds.

but its alright.

Katoki

Fact of the matter is that you're not the only one who gets upset about losing something you put the time and money into. I can't comment on any other servers as they may have the same issue to varying extents but SBI tends to be one of those servers that have people who don't care about structures, that or we're flat out short on participants all together.

Don't let it stop you but just know that you shouldn't hold your breath as to whether or not something will be there the next morning let alone the next half hour after you leave.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That was a pretty swell GM run. Also I am getting the hang of the karka rush. Worst rush is definitely spider followed by quaggan.

Although the crab mission still bothered me since it ended too abruptly.

Moondrop

Banned
i dont pvp often too, i dont know how to spec to pvp even if i am following guides or pre made builds.
I'm always happy to discuss PvP. GW2 is nice in that it gives role flexibility to each class. But first it's a matter of will, which I haven't been feeling lately. I do want to try some anti-ranger builds though.

Katoki

Good to have more people helping out then.

Edit: Abys went to Dragonbrand right? Because I have not seen a single Abys tag at all yet.

Spyware

Found an event I've never seen before. Always a bit baffling when it happens. Especially when it's in a starter zone since I bet half of my 2660 played hours were spent in the starter zones. :D

Since I care (way too much) about character looks I've started trying to whisper people I see that I think look good. I did that today but instead of a "Thanks!" as a response (as I usually do) I got "Huh? Oh. Well, thanks..." and then a bit later "What does she look like to you more exactly?" and other things like that and I was just weirded out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want to join SBI but I lack funds.

Anyway I don't get the "GW2 has no healers" when in fact that one (and only) run I had in Aetherpath has a very good support/healing guardian who kept us all alive.

Thorgal

The idea of playing a character whose sole purpose in the group is to heal people while standing in the back sounds boring as hell to me .

The guild wars formula of everyone is a healer ,everyone can buff his teammates , everyone can DPS when necessary feels much better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom