• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

I mained healer in WoW. Most of the time I was so bored in stuff like heroics and the PUG raids I just ran and jumped in circles. I became known as the jumping tree among the people I played with. I was soooo bored. I liked being needed, I never liked playing. I just didn't realise that at the time :p

I don't have a main in GW2, but my first choice for any new content is my support/healer guardian. It's nothing like my jumping tree. I can actually play the game but still feel like I save people ^^

tumblr_n6kqscb1MR1qg7wmro1_1280.png

Retro

So, as I stated earlier in the thread, now that the WvW tourney is over I wanted to create a new alt "for real" to see how the NPE is (rather than just a quick disposable one just to see what all the fuss was about).

I'm happy to report that Pilikia Facepunch, the Asuran Warrior, got to Level 15 in about 2 hours, with the content compass, tooltips and new level up rewards (gathering tools, back items, etc.) making to feel so so SO much better. And I say that as someone who enjoys being thrown to the wolves and figuring stuff out for myself (i.e. Dark Souls'ing it). Hearts give you almost a full level of XP until Level 10, and even at 15 they're still filling the bar pretty substantially (there is literally an explosion of golden sparkles that floods your XP bar). My only complaint is that the weapon slots do seem slow to unlock, but I get why they did it that way.

Oh, and Rata Sum map chat was having a creepy little discussion between people who like the Elin and can't understand what's so wrong with wanting to play as sexy children (one guy was lamenting how censored they were in the North American release too).

/shudder

Also GW2 heals feel satisfying, especially when you heal via blasts.

Not to mention the Rally system is a thousand times better than "Oh, you're dead, wait there on the ground until we wipe", especially when you Banner / Elixir R / etc. multiple people at once. That change alone makes GW2's entire heal / support system the best.

Add in dodging, self-healing responsibility and various pre-emptive support options (Aegis, Blind, etc.) and it's just.... so good. Somehow the stacking and zerker meta needs to be quietly invalidated, and that's going to have to come from solid encounter design. You can already see the little experimental steps towards that in the Living World chapters, nibbling about the edges.

Mxrz

Good to have more people helping out then.

Edit: Abys went to Dragonbrand right? Because I have not seen a single Abys tag at all yet.

Saw one tag during the tournament but that was it. Maybe they transploded.

Even though I own a couple of ascended zerk sets, I'd welcome any changes. Moreso, make stacking less optimal somehow. Dungeons are such a snoozefest these days.

I'd venture a guess that dungeons being a snoozefest has more to do with how old the dungeons are than with anything else. Bosses in SE1 are usually not stacked, and they're as boring as everything else.

Even if they do add new stuff, tho, content gets old mad fast. Could see that very well with the queen's blitz thingie, took less than a week for firm strats to be put in place, and then it was farmville mode.

Mxrz

I actually like the two asura SE1 bosses for that very reason. People have to dodge, and pay a little more attention. Compared to the golems we just stack in the corner.

Shiokazu

but not having healers means you can have a lot bigger diversity.

i like the fact that in guild wars, you can heal people, but you can also control and attack at the same time.

Yes, that is why it is depressing. Folks are so stuck in their ways they see any change as bad, and then glorify what little they know as something far more complex than it actually is.

Then again, it is bioware, they deserve whatever hate they get.

Mxrz

I don't mind the concept of healing. Just most games with a trinity treated it as a game of 'Red bars go up." The original GW made it fun.

ZeYir4Y.jpg

Snagged dungeon master back in the spring. No wonder I'm tired of dungeons.

Hadoukie

Been playing this a bit lately. What's the name of the gaf guild again?

ALso, I'm about to hit lvl 80 with my first char. What's the most best way to earn gold? Wanna get some Tier 3 armor.

spiritfox

Been playing this a bit lately. What's the name of the gaf guild again?

ALso, I'm about to hit lvl 80 with my first char. What's the most best way to earn gold? Wanna get some Tier 3 armor.

It's GAF. Amazing, I know. If you want an invite just post your char name or account name (the one with numbers at the back) and an officer will get to it.

Dungeon explorable paths are the most reliable way to get gold. The daily bonus chest gives 1g every 1st run per day, and it's easy to get PUGs doing runs for money. But you don't really need money for exotic stuff. Karma gear from the Orrian temples are a good place to get exo gear, or you can trade in dungeon tokens for gear.

Grudy

I haven't been really following the thread since episode 4 released, mainly cause I've just been mindlessly farming dungeons and world bosses and there hasn't been any content to discuss. But since the last episode I was able to farm enough gold to put a buy order for spark and it was fulfilled in 5 minutes! :D

On my way to inci!

leng jai

After completing 5 maps or so I got my Ranger to 80 with about 5 traits unlocked. Level 79 reward was 1 Empyreal Fragment and the level 80 reward was 1 Obi Shard.

Morokh

level 10 rewards said:
+35 to base Power Precision Vitality Toughness

Personal story unlocked
Weapon skill5 unlocked
Vistas unlocked

So that's why I felt so weak as a level 9 against level 10 opponents .....

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How do I make myself pumped out to play GW2 again?

Also, it's sweet that MOL allows buying GW2 gem cards. Really useful to us SEA folk.

Would it kill them to give an exo for lvl 80 at the very least.

No.
Here, we'll even allow you to pick a choice of Shaman, Settler, Magi or Apothecary.

How do I make myself pumped out to play GW2 again?

Also, it's sweet that MOL allows buying GW2 gem cards. Really useful to us SEA folk.

Go play something else. Ryse is pretty decent for the six hour length if you can get it for 10 bucks or less. Alien Isolation is legit good and quite long. The Evil Within comes out this week.

Or just play Wasteland 2 and Divinity OS. Should take you some 150h, plenty of time to cool down and come back to gw2 refreshed.

Thorgal

I have decided to take a small break from GW 2 (sort of).
Ill pop in real quick in the weekend for teq runs and doing some stuff but other then that i will take a break for a few days ( likely till end of the month ) .

Besides ive got an itch lately to play Fallout NV again while watching Gophers Let splay.

Retro

We might get a preview of Halloween tomorrow, as it goes live on the 21st and runs for 2 weeks. Not sure how they will do it this year since LA is in ruins, maybe more in the Black Citadel. The perpetual autumn of Ascalon certainly fits the season.

Then the Living Story starts back up on the 4th. Who knows how long that will run, probably 4 episodes on the 4th, 18th, 2nd and wrapping up on the 16th before Wintersday?

Guess we'll find out "Soon."

Shiokazu

We might get a preview of Halloween tomorrow, as it goes live on the 21st and runs for 2 weeks. Not sure how they will do it this year since LA is in ruins, maybe more in the Black Citadel. The perpetual autumn of Ascalon certainly fits the season.

Then the Living Story starts back up on the 4th. Who knows how long that will run, probably 4 episodes on the 4th, 18th, 2nd and wrapping up on the 16th before Wintersday?

last year i found out that if you eat too much candy corn you'll end up vomiting.

Could my wife and I get invites to the GAF guild? It's been quite some time since we last played (sometime in 2013, probably), and it looks like most of our friends who used to play aren't active anymore. I'm whirlwindmonk.9580 and she's disketeer.5740.

Thanks!

Zeroth

Could my wife and I get invites to the GAF guild? It's been quite some time since we last played (sometime in 2013, probably), and it looks like most of our friends who used to play aren't active anymore. I'm whirlwindmonk.9580 and she's disketeer.5740.

Thanks!

Got you two. Just log in the game, hit G then "Accept" and don't forget to click on "Represent"!

Retro

last year i found out that if you eat too much candy corn you'll end up vomiting.

This is true for both in-game and real life, though the amount of candy corn required to induce vomiting for my character is much much much much much higher than it is for me, personally. I think my yearly limit on candy corn rests at about 0.5 pieces.

Thanks!

Looks like Zeroth already got you.
Edit: And posted about it.

No preview tomorrow. They are keeping this Halloween low key because they have mostly focused on cool stuff coming after Halloween.
Mad King Thorn will be back in LA.
Trailer for LS2 E5 will destroy my brain supposedly (most likely October 28th).

Retro

No preview tomorrow. They are keeping this Halloween low key because they have mostly focused on cool stuff coming after Halloween.
Mad King Thorn will be back in LA.
Trailer for LS2 E5 will destroy my brain supposedly (most likely October 28th).

I'll take a low key halloween for brain-destroying trailers, sure.

Shiokazu

This is true for both in-game and real life, though the amount of candy corn required to induce vomiting for my character is much much much much much higher than it is for me, personally. I think my yearly limit on candy corn rests at about 0.5 pieces.

Looks like Zeroth already got you.
Edit: And posted about it.

DUDE, THEY USE A STUFF CALLED CARNAUBA WAX

aoko%2044.jpg

HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT DO WE USE IT WITH HERE?

we use it as car wax D: im not kidding

damn i also found out that lots of candies use it.

im like, not eating shinny candies anymore in my life.

Hi folks, long time lurker and relatively new GAF poster. I've been a solo player for much of my time in GW2 (had some friends at launch, but they haven't continued playing) and am lonely. Could I get an invite? I'm Haitaka.1480. Thanks!

Retro

Hi folks, long time lurker and relatively new GAF poster. I've been a solo player for much of my time in GW2 (had some friends at launch, but they haven't continued playing) and am lonely. Could I get an invite? I'm Haitaka.1480. Thanks!

Invite sent, welcome to GAFGuild. Remember to click "Represent" at the bottom of the guild panel.

Hadoukie

It's GAF. Amazing, I know. If you want an invite just post your char name or account name (the one with numbers at the back) and an officer will get to it.

Dungeon explorable paths are the most reliable way to get gold. The daily bonus chest gives 1g every 1st run per day, and it's easy to get PUGs doing runs for money. But you don't really need money for exotic stuff. Karma gear from the Orrian temples are a good place to get exo gear, or you can trade in dungeon tokens for gear.

My tag is Durviener.9157

Definitely need help running explorables. Randoms get me nowhere.

Thorgal

Out of curiosity , why did GAf guild na choose SBI as their main server ? was it basically just luck of the draw ?

Also in hindsight , would you have chosen a different server ?

5il3nc3r

Anyone here tempted to try WoW again? I'm on the fence. There's a content drought in Gw2 but i don't know if i can justify a subscription fee for WoW. What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom