• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
Really. Fucking. Depressing. I think I'm just not going to play tonight at all.
Y'all WvW SBIers should keep your head up. You gave a damn, fought hard, and kept it close until Wednesday.

Btw I think I may have asked you this before but never checked back: Do you rep [GAF] a lot on JQ? I sometimes see a warrior with that tag in WvW. Or what guild are you in / who do you follow?
Nah, I only rep GAF in PvE and sPvP. In WvW I rep [SF] exclusively.

Retro

Y'all WvW SBIers should keep your head up. You gave a damn, fought hard, and kept it close until Wednesday.

Last night was rough, we were putting holes and clearing siege out of FA's Tier 3'd Bay from SW Tower all night and Vyrance and I were yakslapping NW and SW camp all night to starve them out (at one point they were down to ~20 supply). The intent was to draw their attention away from our BL and let the overnight crew just push in without them being able to repair or maintain defenses. But when FA pushed hard everywhere, we just couldn't get any group large enough to take it. So yeah, we fought well, but last night and today was pretty much bashing our faces against a wall.

It also didn't help that our main commanders were either gone or showed up for an hour or two and then left. Right when people should have been showing up they were nowhere to be found. SBI deserves to lose for that alone.

SirKhalid

Last night was rough, we were putting holes and clearing siege out of FA's Tier 3'd Bay from SW Tower all night and Vyrance and I were yakslapping NW and SW camp all night to starve them out (at one point they were down to ~20 supply). The intent was to draw their attention away from our BL and let the overnight crew just push in without them being able to repair or maintain defenses. But when FA pushed hard everywhere, we just couldn't get any group large enough to take it. So yeah, we fought well, but last night and today was pretty much bashing our faces against a wall.

It also didn't help that our main commanders were either gone or showed up for an hour or two and then left. Right when people should have been showing up they were nowhere to be found. SBI deserves to lose for that alone.

A combination of stuff make last night bad. We didn't have the number of the previous night, BP decided to bother us so we had to defend two keeps, FA did overtime and they called on their PVE guild to do havoc. Also BP leaving their part of EBG and their BL to anyone with most numbers didn't help us.

Shiokazu

Bo2K50eIQAEINlH.jpg

we seriously need this guy

solidsnake1.jpg

Katoki

Katoki, is this your thief?

link

Nope, the one in this picture has that mid-length hairstyle but all I really need to do is change my hair and buy the zodiac outfit to make it work.

Edit: I took a closer look at it and noticed that the cloth at the back looks like the medium zodiac leggings skin but has that belt with the scaled looking garnish from the crafted light armor skin that I can't name at the moment. To to that off, the chest piece is the Inquest light armor skin. However I do have an elementalist that can pull that look off easily besides the cloth from the leggings.

TrounceX

Nah, I only rep GAF in PvE and sPvP. In WvW I rep [SF] exclusively.

Ah, good old [SF], that's definitely the guild I would be in if I was on JQ. Jed is a cool guy.

I rep [FEAR] but am technically in [DN] so you should be able to spot me. I'm sure we've crossed paths more than a couple times.

My brother is on JQ and as far as I know only represents GAF.

Hehe that's probably him then since I would guess that there's not many JQ Gaffers. Several times I've dove right into the middle of a zerg by myself with that [GAF] tag single targeted. Idk why but I get a kick out of it.

Moondrop

Banned
I rep [FEAR] but am technically in [DN] so you should be able to spot me. I'm sure we've crossed paths more than a couple times.
I'm generally bad with guild tags but of course I'm very familiar with those. I often think about this- how often I've run into
(over)
people on GAF and Reddit. The WvW population isn't that big, especially when you restrict consideration to a given time zone.

TrounceX

I'm generally bad with guild tags but of course I'm very familiar with those. I often think about this- how often I've run into
(over)
people on GAF and Reddit. The WvW population isn't that big, especially when you restrict consideration to a given time zone.

I often think about that too. I also often think about what it's like to be fighting against my group. It's pretty easy to lose perspective and start thinking you're much better than you actually are - rationalizing wipes with various excuses and then only focusing on the victories. For example I think that [DN] is one of the strongest guilds in T1 atm....but I've thought that about every guild I've been in.

I'll tell you right now that from our perspective [SF] often runs really deep numbers, is average at open field fighting, but is really good at playing ppt and micromanaging the map. I think they have a core group of really good players and then a lot of extra baggage that hold them down. I think if they ran tagless with their best players only they would be a force to be reckoned with.

Moondrop

Banned
I often think about that too. I also often think about what it's like to be fighting against my group. It's pretty easy to lose perspective and start thinking you're much better than you actually are - rationalizing wipes with various excuses and then only focusing on the victories. For example I think that [DN] is one of the strongest guilds in T1 atm....but I've thought that about every guild I've been in.

I'll tell you right now that from our perspective [SF] often runs really deep numbers, is average at open field fighting, but is really good at playing ppt and micromanaging the map. I think they have a core group of really good players and then a lot of extra baggage that hold them down. I think if they ran tagless with their best players only they would be a force to be reckoned with.
Indeed, objectivity is nigh impossible. From my perspective, Jed is the greatest commander in the game, we wipe virtually every group we face unless they have twice our numbers or we foolishly fight under ACs, and TC has some good guilds but we mostly saw their tails this week.

For objectivity, I look to the scoreboard. ;)

SF used to run tagless very often and will do so again once the season is over.

BraXzy

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I finally got the WvW Tournament Meta Achievement, with time to spare! I now have my first title! I expect a cake of some kind guys, surprise me I don't mind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks to Braxzy, Roxie, Zed, Callunah, Gattsby, Spiritfox and any and all others I may have forgotten for putzing about with me in the mists to get my meta :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thanks to Braxzy, Roxie, Zed, Callunah, Gattsby, Spiritfox and any and all others I may have forgotten for putzing about with me in the mists to get my meta :)

Was fun! I'm happy you made it through and got the meta through the hardships.
EotM commanders leaving/running around with heads cut off

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
asfasdsfsda

I need one more achievement to get Mist Runner! Any recommended ones? I already did gemstone jumping puzzle, obsidian jumping puzzle, kill guards, capture keeps, rank up 50 times, and some other. Right now I'm aiming for tower and/or capturing sentry points but those are long.

spiritfox

asfasdsfsda

I need one more achievement to get Mist Runner! Any recommended ones? I already did gemstone jumping puzzle, obsidian jumping puzzle, kill guards, capture keeps, rank up 50 times, and some other. Right now I'm aiming for tower and/or capturing sentry points but those are long.

Reactor? You can just go run EotM and hope you get into a good karma train.

Atrophis

asfasdsfsda

Have you done the ruins achievment? It's mindnumbingly dull but doesn't take too long to cap 40 times.

Well it probably is that high because it was just released.

Apparently not. From the person who's been curating the list:

Meh...I've been doing this list every month for a year, it's extremely rare for a new game to do this. The only other one I can remember is Blade & Soul when that came out in China last year. Generally the list doesn't change much from month to month. Top 3 haven't changed at all ever that I can remember.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/26uefd/guild_wars_2_is_one_of_the_hottest_pc_games_in/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just wanted to acknowledge, if any FA happen to be reading, ultimately despite getting our balls rocked, this matchup was a blast for me and I have nothing but respect for them as a combatant. I'm a very casual player when it comes to large-scale competition in games like this, but for me despite the eventual lopsidedness from Thursday AM, this was WvW at its best, and I never had to look far for fun fights, whether in a 60+ zerg with my staff Ele (first time I'd brought him into WvW) or 1v1 and 2v1s in the ruins with my thief. Well played, even if the steamrolling still smarts ;)
50 players 1020% health
lmao, I love it. The time-to-kill calculations don't factor in stuff like how much more of a chance Boom-Boom has to heal when the turret is also scaled up, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay finished!

Also it seems reaching high percentages is inevitable but people should at least really divide their workload.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yay finished!

Also it seems reaching high percentages is inevitable but people should at least really divide their workload.
With a stable split between the 6 and none with over 20, it's downright easy. Shurakk and Pyroxis are the only ones that are really even a threat to wipe people.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
With a stable split between the 6 and none with over 20, it's downright easy. Shurakk and Pyroxis are the only ones that are really even a threat to wipe people.

Yep. I had the pleasure to join in on a map run by BTS? I think last night with Amberyl. They had 6 commanders and were very organized. No one but them spoke in /map, and they were able to coordinate the killings. 8 golds in a row while I was there I think.

It's a beautiful thing when it's running smooth.

Thorgal

Yep. I had the pleasure to join in on a map run by BTS? I think last night with Amberyl. They had 6 commanders and were very organized. No one but them spoke in /map, and they were able to coordinate the killings. 8 golds in a row while I was there I think.

It's a beautiful thing when it's running smooth.

Damn it , why do i always miss those instances? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom