• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Damn it , why do i always miss those instances? :(

You'll occasionally find ferry parties in LFG and if those die with lots of people in it, a guild tends to take over and find a new map then ferry everyone over there. I was in one last night that died, ferried and then had a close call for the very first run but after that the guild coordinating was running constant golds back to back with a rough 5 minute break time. We also basically had 2 minute padding for the last groups to get wrecked by all the transferred effects.

Posting from tablet so I can't be bothered to not double.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Offseason Event #4.10 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 5/31 at 7:30PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! We're going to assemble for, coordinate, and run as many Boss Blitzes as possible in the hour(ish!) before our weekly guild mission frenzy. We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 7:15PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. Our goal isn't to farm this (though we'll certainly go for as many golds as we can by 9:00!) but to do it, and failure is not out of the question. ;) As in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
  • General strategy: those with tags will post up at each gate entrance and we'll shuffle people around to have a roughly equal number at each. Kuraii, Boom-Boom and Sparcus benefit from having the fewest. Frequently call out boss percentages in map chat and adjust your DPS to keep things as equal as possible. Boom-Boom should be more or less the first to die.
Hope to see you there!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
6TJ3N1Q.gif

Thorgal

5/6/0/0/3 with Berserker gear save for some of the ascended that happen to have vitality in it and my knights chest and soldiers gloves and boots. I guess it's not really full berserkers huh?

Might try that out for my current thief build .

What did you use for Weapons ?

Granadier

FYI, last night I was noticing that when a boss would get to ~5% the commander would call "hold" and everyone would stop all attacks. They would say in map "*boss* ready, holding", and then once all bosses were ~5% they would burn them down.

Last time we tried this we had a lot of randoms and we tried to have just a couple people attack to prevent HP resets. I think this caused over damage and accidental kills. If we can coordinate the mob better and convince people to stop attacking entirely at ~5% I think we can time the boss deaths more easily.

Katoki

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZEQNA...SAA-TVCBwA8UJInqCnVCiV5CO1YA8AAyqkKleAk7PAA-w

My build looks something like that since I also more or less use the same stuff for WvW with a little swapping. I usually am too cheap to use food but at this point it'd just be squeezing the last bits of output out that doesn't matter as much because it means your group's overall damage output is lacking. I only use unload and auto attacks for the boss blitz as well since the CC options aren't particularly useful for this scenario. You only ever really hit signet of agility for an emergency condition clear. The shortbow is nice for hitting the adds that spawn but you want to stay with the pistols.

The thing with unload and other channeled attacks (some of the elementalist scepter autos are really apparent and automatic for that matter) is that if you can chain enough of them, they'll just keep rising in value. The image was basically the very last hit of a 5 unload chain but one day I'll see if I can get in close enough for the might stacking action.

BraXzy

5/6/0/0/3 with Berserker gear save for some of the ascended that happen to have vitality in it and my knights chest and soldiers gloves and boots. I guess it's not really full berserkers huh?

I run that trait set up quite a lot. I like the extra initiative.

What gear do you have? I have mainly soldier armour, with Berserker trinkets and Weps and I feel like I hit pretty low still.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
See this is pure laziness players put in all that time and now have to wait, the NPC should have been added with the Festival of the 4 winds, it's not like the weapons ain't made...
the violin I am playing for you is difficult to play because it is so small

Teggy

OK, Liadri, it's me, you and 41 queen's gauntlet tickets.

I'm either coming out with an achievement or...41 fewer queen's gauntlet tickets.

Katoki

I run that trait set up quite a lot. I like the extra initiative.

What gear do you have? I have mainly soldier armour, with Berserker trinkets and Weps and I feel like I hit pretty low still.

Refer to the gw2skills.net link a few posts up. Soldiers/berserker as I suggested to you is a good overall set up but is not designed to be maximum DPS. In fact, the 42k damage image is from some setup such as the 20-some stacks of vulnerability on the boss, the fury from wherever it came from boosting my critical chance another 20%, wherever the 6 stacks of might came from, and that image being the very last hit of a 5-consecutive unload spam.

Teggy

Had to give Liadri a rest after about 22 attempts. Made it to the second phase once. Would be a lot less frustrating if the camera didn't keep moving in and out.

BraXzy

the violin I am playing for you is difficult to play because it is so small

This made me laugh way harder than it should have.

OK, Liadri, it's me, you and 41 queen's gauntlet tickets.

I'm either coming out with an achievement or...41 fewer queen's gauntlet tickets.

I feel your pain. Now that I managed to get the WvW meta I think I have 200 chances to take her down. It'll happen, somehow.

He's trying to get the balloon. He fails.

No no I know the film :p I mean, what's everyone on about? Was everyone in WvW and something went down?

Vyrance

Good luck in WvW tonight guys, wish I could be on, but if I don't go to bed early for work tomorrow, then I'd be on all night =P

Zeroth

There was a warrior norn today on EotM with full Draconic armor called "Guidzilla". He was certainly fat enough to pass as the real deal.

Complistic

Had to give Liadri a rest after about 22 attempts. Made it to the second phase once. Would be a lot less frustrating if the camera didn't keep moving in and out.

You know you can dodge her projectiles by sort of wiggling back and forth just before she releases them, yes? Kill the orbs as they pop up and just keep moving so she misses you.

Thorgal

In regards to our blitz hour tommorow :

I think the best way to go is too weaken the bosses till at 5 % health then all stop DPSing until the message comes that BB is down . then burn them all at once .

It has become clear tonight to me with this well organized instance that BB is the first one who should go down every time .

Teggy

You know you can dodge her projectiles by sort of wiggling back and forth just before she releases them, yes? Kill the orbs as they pop up and just keep moving so she misses you.

Was not having any problem with her attacks. All of my deaths were due to getting too close to the visions because the camera was zooming in and out or timing my way out of the aoe poorly. I also just generally suck with mouse and keyboard, primarily a side effect of not playing PC games until I was close to 30. A lot of times I'm just fighting to point myself in the right direction or fumbling around trying to throw the shard at Liadri. That's another time I would get touched by the vision.

How is the Liadri fight now? Is the camera still fucked?
I had no camera issue this time around as compared to last year.

But that could be cut last year I beat her and was under no pressure this time to win.

I beat her a few times just to make sure it was not a fluke.

CrimsonN0

The best run of Boss Blitz I've had was like 3 silvers, 6 gold with the BBB(Boss Blitz Bros) Guild - I ended up getting tired of doing them after that.
I ended up fighting Pyro in all of them.
Theres a certain spot to stand in, that prevents the mob from aggroing to you and only 2 lava vents that can hit you.
And as long as theres a couple mesmers or guardians they can continously reflect most of the damage, then the guardians can block while waiting on the other bosses.
Half the time, we were the fastest ones to whittle their bosses hp down to 5-10%.

Tonight, on GafGuild:BestGuild.... grilling!

With bbq-help from....methinks that char was Granadier?... and horrendous meat-related tips from venthus and zed, who is a monster, I braved the charred depths of the terrible welber grill while doing blitzes cuz why not. The play by play result:
img_20140530_131430fnsm1.jpg

two fingers thick. minimum.
img_20140530_20442106sc6.jpg

them protips on how to light a weber with lump charcoal were welcome. The 200ml of ethanol i dumped in there were nice too.
img_20140530_211906zds4g.jpg

couldnt sear it at the end cause i suspected it was very close to being past medium rare
img_20140530_213740q2s0m.jpg

first steak was without cheese, and wasn't as gorgeously medium rare. did not survive long enough for pics :(
In summation

GafGuild GrillGuild.

Thanks to all who helped :D

And yes, i need to start using my non-fugly plates.

Zeroth

With bbq-help from....methinks that char was Granadier?... and horrendous meat-related tips from venthus and zed, who is a monster, I braved the charred depths of the terrible welber grill while doing blitzes cuz why not. The play by play result:

img_20140530_131430fnsm1.jpg

two fingers thick. minimum.
img_20140530_20442106sc6.jpg

them protips on how to light a weber with lump charcoal were welcome. The 200ml of ethanol i dumped in there were nice too.
img_20140530_211906zds4g.jpg

couldnt sear it at the end cause i suspected it was very close to being past medium rare
img_20140530_213740q2s0m.jpg

first steak was without cheese, and wasn't as gorgeously medium rare. did not survive long enough for pics :(

In summation

GafGuild GrillGuild.

First rule of GAFGuild: quote images!

Nice pics though, shame I prefer my steaks well done

Retro

Btw Retro, you know because you love me, can you send me your CE Charr statue?

No way, I have a while little shelf on my desk just for my Guild Wars 2 stuff. Without Rytlock it'd be sad and empty.
Instead of just sad, amirite lolz

Granadier

In summation

GafGuild GrillGuild.

Yep, Granadier == Gattsby

Steaks looks great. GrillGAF did well tonight.

First rule of GAFGuild: quote images!

Nice pics though, shame I prefer my steaks well done

You must enjoy the taste of charcoal as well. ;) To each his own!

BraXzy

No way, I have a while little shelf on my desk just for my Guild Wars 2 stuff. Without Rytlock it'd be sad and empty.
Instead of just sad, amirite lolz

Worth a try I guess. If I had the money and the space for it, neither of which I do, I'd snap one of them up from eBay. No Liadri attempts tonight, I've been catching up on Game of Thrones! :D

Retro

Worth a try I guess. If I had the money and the space for it, neither of which I do, I'd snap one of them up from eBay. No Liadri attempts tonight, I've been catching up on Game of Thrones! :D

I'd love to get the one China got so I could have a pair.

Also, good on you for Game of Thrones. Which season you on (No spoilers; I've read the books but I don't want to ruin it for folks in the thread).

BraXzy

I'd love to get the one China got so I could have a pair.

Also, good on you for Game of Thrones. Which season you on (No spoilers; I've read the books but I don't want to ruin it for folks in the thread).

I'm up to date now (as far as the TV show goes) but don't you dare spoil anything from the books haha. I'll get round to reading them but since I started the TV show... I don't know.. I don't like watching things when I know what's going to happen. Reading the books will hopefully be different because of all the extra meat they have over the show.

Why did China get something different? What does it look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom