• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not entirely wrong. Given how norns can shapeshift, gods only know what kind of kinky stuff they may try to get away with.

Factor ranger pets into the equation aaaand.... yeah. Suddenly Eir taking garm errywhere makes a lot more sense.
---
Aaaand googling around i found out that this Eir, Garm and redmohawkguy isn't even a new theory. Oh internets.

Spyware

Or is it someone else entirely? Someone yet to be introduced? Or maybe someone I've met but wasn't really paying attention:-/

Currently no personal story to do, so a little curious....
He'll get a big introduction in the lvl 40 story. You'll be dragged around by him for a while so you can't miss him :D

Wait what, apparently they removed the only good "Pact arc" personal story (the Greatest Fear) and they switched around the tail end of the Pact story line so it wouldn't make sense anymore.

What the fuck
Yeah, I've been stopping after Claw Island with all my characters to see if they fix that later story mess before I continue with anyone. :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
YUP. They still haven't given a response for removing the Greatest Fear arc. In September they said they were "looking into it". So people still don't know if it's an enormous glitch or if they intentionally removed a chunk of interesting story content.

Poor Apatia.
Yeah, I've been stopping after Claw Island with all my characters to see if they fix that later story mess before I continue with anyone. :/

Yeah, I am bothered why any reference to that storyline vanished.

Also, was there any given reason as to why they changed the last few personal story stuff? Why is cleansing of orr now not the penultimate PS quest?

Cracklox

He'll get a big introduction in the lvl 40 story. You'll be dragged around by him for a while so you can't miss him :D

Crap, crap, crap. Him eh. I'm not sure I'm with you on your appreciation there. And trust me, nothing to do with what you said. I was introduced to a certain her briefly around the same time
Riel, I think
who seemed far more interesting. The little 'welcome to the Whispers' cutscene after I met her was pretty hype too.

Cool, I guess. I'll hang out with
mopey looking cat dude
and see happens. So far not the best. I didn't really enjoy that first mission with the
drinking competition
. Took a little bit to work out the trick to it, and fuck that last guy. Wasn't a whole lot of fun. Though, I did laugh when
I drank 1 Drink Drake under the table. Poor fool never stood a chance

Other than that though it twas a good to day in Tyria. Nearly level 42, took part in some pretty cool random events, finally started to find some better (looking) gear, worked a few things out (controller included), and all in all had a pretty good time

Oh and special shoutout to (I think) Lanius, Spiritfox, Dinopoke and someone else who I cant for the life of me remember, for getting me through that first dungeon reasonably unscathed. Other then rolling off a ledge to my death when we encountered about 57 necros and some sort of boss who I didn't really end up getting a look at, it went pretty well and was good fun. Glad to have done it with some Gafers. Having now experienced how they work, I'm not sure I'd ever want to PUG them. To much teamwork needed and actual giving of a fuck about other players. Not sure you always get that in PUGs

Anyhoo, will likely see some of you in around 10 hours time for Guild thangs. I'm not exactly sure what it entails, and hopefully its not more of level 80 thing, but I'm pretty keen either way

Shiokazu

Crap, crap, crap. Him eh. I'm not sure I'm with you on your appreciation there. And trust me, nothing to do with what you said. I was introduced to a certain her briefly around the same time
Riel, I think
who seemed far more interesting. The little 'welcome to the Whispers' cutscene after I met her was pretty hype too.

mopey looking cat dude
and see happens. So far not the best. I didn't really enjoy that first mission with the
drinking competition
. Took a little bit to work out the trick to it, and fuck that last guy. Wasn't a whole lot of fun. Though, I did laugh when

Other than that though it twas a good to day in Tyria. Nearly level 42, took part in some pretty cool random events, finally started to find some better (looking) gear, worked a few things out (controller included), and all in all had a pretty good time

Oh and special shoutout to (I think) Lanius, Spiritfox, Dinopoke and someone else who I cant for the life of me remember, for getting me through that first dungeon reasonably unscathed. Other then rolling off a ledge to my death when we encountered about 57 necros and some sort of boss who I didn't really end up getting a look at, it went pretty well and was good fun. Glad to have done it with some Gafers. Having now experienced how they work, I'm not sure I'd ever want to PUG them. To much teamwork needed and actual giving of a fuck about other players. Not sure you always get that in PUGs

Anyhoo, will likely see some of you in around 10 hours time for Guild thangs. I'm not exactly sure what it entails, and hopefully its not more of level 80 thing, but I'm pretty keen either way

if you pick a regular pug group... they're not in there for the fun. they're normally, always there for the rewards. and dont even think of not going with their plan.

Thorgal

Riel, I think

mopey looking cat dude
drinking competition

From my experience running dungeons with pugs is not so much worse then running it with the guild .

Sure it might not be as coordinated as a gaf run but generally it works well enough .

Also guild Missions take place in a variety of locations across the map so not everything is lvl 80.

Missions can range from a bouty hunt which entails finding an Npc in a map and beating him up to a sort of dungeon run but instead of doing it with 5 players youre doing it with the whole guild .

Also pray to the six gods your first guild mission is not Karka rush . :p

Spyware

Yeah, I am bothered why any reference to that storyline vanished.

Also, was there any given reason as to why they changed the last few personal story stuff? Why is cleansing of orr now not the penultimate PS quest?
I don't remember but if so it wasn't good enough. They said somethign about looking at that again but it's been quiet since... ugh.

Riel, I think
Aww, nooo! :D I liked her at first too but meh... I dunno. I guess I just like mopey goofy characters :p

mopey looking cat dude
drinking competition
Ooops, that mission.. yeah it's bad :p I hate it. It gets better from there tho. I hope you see this in time to choose "decoy" over "damper spell" in the next mission. Then you'll at least see what I like in him even if you don't enjoy that one either :p

It's gonna be SO fun :D I'm happy my sleep time is a bit screwed so that I can join for main missions this week :p
Some of the stuff is in high level areas so I hope we get the lower level stuff today.

Cracklox

if you pick a regular pug group... they're not in there for the fun. they're normally, always there for the rewards. and dont even think of not going with their plan.

Yeah kinda what I was thinking. But then.........

From my experience running dungeons with pugs is not so much worse then running it with the guild .

Sure it might not be as coordinated as a gaf run but generally it works well enough .

Also guild Missions take place in a variety of locations across the map so not everything is lvl 80.

Missions can range from a bouty hunt which entails finding an Npc in a map and beating him up to a sort of dungeon run but instead of doing it with 5 players youre doing it with the whole guild .

Also pray to the six gods your first guild mission is not Karka rush . :p

Thanks for the heads up.

Wait one sec. Thorgal? Was it you that got downed by the frozen lake earlier by a nasty vet and asked around in general chat for help? If so I wasn't far away and tried to get over there, but someone had already come to the rescue. Didn't have the nearby checkpoint open to port to either. If not, then ignore everything I just said. The name was at least very similar. If so, then Heyyyy! I remember you. Didn't even realize you were a Gafer

Thorgal

Yeah kinda what I was thinking. But then.........

Thanks for the heads up.

Wait one sec. Thorgal? Was it you that got downed by the frozen lake earlier by a nasty vet and asked around in general chat for help? If so I wasn't far away and tried to get over there, but someone had already come to the rescue. Didn't have the nearby checkpoint open to port to either. If not, then ignore everything I just said. The name was at least very similar. If so, then Heyyyy! I remember you. Didn't even realize you were a Gafer
hi !
I have not been in GW2 yet today so i don't believe that was me .

propably will be online in a few hours though.

Cracklox

Spyware......

I fucking chose damper (before you posted). Fuckin hell. It just seemed like the kinda thing a Thief class would do, and that was basically what influenced my decision. Despite liking the sound of the other option. Wasn't quite as bad as the first one, but still. Dem
stealth mechanics

And if you guys need to do your shit tomorrow (later) that I can't access/do, then no stress at all. I've still got a tonne of personal sort of agendas I wanna get done (map coverage etc) that will more then keep me entertained either way. A whole guild-stacks-on in dungeon or some shit does sound pretty awesome though

Sorry Thorgal. Mistaken identity it seems. Hope to see you about (though not downed by any frozen lakes)

Sure it might not be as coordinated as a gaf run but generally it works well enough.

Set up the lfg criteria properly and it is flatout more effective to pug than to run gaf.

Not as fun, but i've long since stopped doing dungeons for the fun, so w/e.

Spyware......

I fucking chose damper (before you posted). Fuckin hell. It just seemed like the kinda thing a Thief class would do, and that was basically what influenced my decision. Despite liking the sound of the other option. Wasn't quite as bad as the first one, but still. Dem
stealth mechanics

Wouldn't worry much. Both are completely passable.
APPLESSSS! APPLESSSS! APLZEZZZEZ lookitme trying to develop a quirky trait over here!

Retro

arahldu4l.jpg

Molkar Oleander, Kanik is Arrow, Melisande Storm, Dhalion and Alabaster Codify
First time doing Arah Path 3 for Soup, Hythloday and I. Went well, dunno what everyone complaints about. Even Lupicus wasn't that bad once you get his behavior sorted out. Didn't feel like it took unnecessarily longer than needed either.

Good stuff, really enjoyed it. GAF runs = best runs.

You had Alabaster helping, so of course everything went better than expected. Arah pro, GAFractal elite, #1 Necro.

On a sort of related note, I'm still looking to do an Arah 4 run to complete the Dungeon Master title when anyone is interested...

spiritfox

You had Alabaster helping, so of course everything went better than expected. Arah pro, GAFractal elite, #1 Necro.

On a sort of related note, I'm still looking to do an Arah 4 run to complete the Dungeon Master title when anyone is interested...

I need Arah 4 too. Well, I need all paths except 3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First time doing Arah Path 3 for Soup, Hythloday and I. Went well, dunno what everyone complaints about. Even Lupicus wasn't that bad once you get his behavior sorted out. Didn't feel like it took unnecessarily longer than needed either.

Good stuff, really enjoyed it. GAF runs = best runs.
Arah 3 is the quick n' easy one! Nice job though guys. I love a good Lupi kill.

I'm ddogsitting at my sister's and I forgot my laptop. Will swing home and I ABSOLUTELY will be there, just please don't hesitate to get started without me if the time comes. We've been starting so close to on time these past few weeks, I don't want to tarnish that!

Taffer

I basically carried everyone to Daily Reviver.

I did like that we just ran straight at the final boss and styled our way through.

Spyware

tumblr_nawi0cqVvt1qg7wmro2_500.png

My 20th level 80! More pics of the spoiled lady here if anyone wants.
But I cheated this time and used a bunch of books. I'm not in the mood for norn.

I think I'll go charr next. Maybe Aodh, my staff ele charr.

What happened to making Eternity mate?

I'm still going to save up and forge Twilight on my own. I've got another Gift of Mastery finished and a bunch of other materials stored, so this way I get to enjoy having Sunrise while I gather the rest. It ends up being a few hundred gold more expensive, but it gives me another goal to work towards.

leng jai

I'm still going to save up and forge Twilight on my own. I've got another Gift of Mastery finished and a bunch of other materials stored, so this way I get to enjoy having Sunrise while I gather the rest. It ends up being a few hundred gold more expensive, but it gives me another goal to work towards.

So rich ^__^

Mxrz

Finished the storyline on the necro. Just five more characters to go. I like that the storyline is currently shorter. There was a lot of fluff in it that felt like busy work.

I've ignored the Candy Corn Gobbler, but if it can give you movement speed, damage reduction, and health regen in pve on top of stuff like wxp/gathering/karma boosts, that's seems too good to pass up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That was a fun GM run.

Do people still do champ mordrem thrasher or am I doomed never to get the "defeat the champ without getting poisoned"?

Cracklox

**Remembers to check vendor after event for once - guy is selling a rock**

Fuck you Fen. You barely got scratched through those caverns

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
forgot to post our incredibly choreographed guild photo from yesterday, next time I'll do a better job of setting it up in an obvious way
such grace, such style

I like to think the orca quaggan's expression says it all.

Retro

Excellent Makeup Missions, you know things are going well when finding Poobadoo is the part that takes the longest. Fast Puzzle, fast Challenge, Fast Rush.

Tuesday is update day. Buy your tickets for the hype train now.

Retro

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
really sorry to flake on missions, I've got a debilitating migraine all afternoon that is just starting to wear down

Mxrz

For a Staff ele would you recommend Berserker or Assassins armor ?

Build is for both pve and dungeons/ fractals .

Can't go wrong with Zerk.

Never been too fond of assassin's on much of anything. Fury exists, can't crit some things, power fuels crit damage, etc.

Spyware

Really sad I missed makeup missions. Not that I needed it (got everything during the chaotic regular ones) but it's always fun to play with the guild. Stuff got in the way.

Also, I was bored and realised I hadn't given my tumblr followers anything lately so I put together a post with pics of all my level 80s. I dunno if anyone else is really that interested in playing the "mix and match armor" game but it's probably my fav thing to do in GW2 :p

For a Staff ele would you recommend Berserker or Assassins armor ?

Build is for both pve and dungeons/ fractals .

Half and Half. Feel free to go zerk trinkets and Sin armor, or vice versa. Also feel free to overshoot a bit too. You can justify the extra crit by recovering the utility slot you'd otherwise use for Fire Signet for whatever is the name of that thing.

When I ask PUG rangers if they're running Spotter 90% of the time their response is "What's that?".

^__^

Entering combat and not seeing that buff up is the first red flag. If we hit a boss and I don't see a frost spirit around, unless we *really* need the vuln, pug ranger is getting kicked.

Spyware

When I ask PUG rangers if they're running Spotter 90% of the time their response is "What's that?".

^__^
I would probably also have to ask (or silently and quickly google it from now on since asking is apparently horrible) since I never remember trait names. Especially since I play every class.

Entering combat and not seeing that buff up is the first red flag. If we hit a boss and I don't see a frost spirit around, unless we *really* need the vuln, pug ranger is getting kicked.
Not even asking the person to summon it first, before kicking? Wow.

This is why I will never have the courage to run a dungeon in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom