• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Someone remind me, how did you get the reward shoulders for the last chapter? Did you get a box as the reward to double-click and pick light/medium/heavy?

Spyware

I don't see the "lazy" in that outfit. I like it. It's really good on charr (tho the feet could be better as always).

New outfit and a great new weapon set. I'm already happy with this update :D
tumblr_nf8xz0hSgL1qg7wmro1_1280.png

Someone remind me, how did you get the reward shoulders for the last chapter? Did you get a box as the reward to double-click and pick light/medium/heavy?
Yup, pretty sure.

You get a Carapace shoulder armor every time you do the story on a new character. You get to choose which armor weight you want. You can also collect 1000 crests and you will be able to get same reward chest that allows you to choose which one you want.

Once you complete the Luminesence Shoulder Armor collection you are given 1 item which unlocks the armor for all 3 armor weights.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You get a Carapace shoulder armor every time you do the story on a new character. You get to choose which armor weight you want. You can also collect 1000 crests and you will be able to get same reward chest that allows you to choose which one you want.

Once you complete the Luminesence Shoulder Armor collection you are given 1 item which unlocks the armor for all 3 armor weights.
I meant how do choose which armor weight you want.

Spyware

Looks awesome, daaaang
Thanks so much :D Main reason I play this game is the dress up part :p

Don't care for that new outfit on Asura since the ears clip through. Haven't seen it on Charr yet. Do the horns or ears clip with them?
I only show the headpiece on one outfit (cook on asura, adorable) so that doesn't bother me much. Looking forward to the "dervish" datamined outfit tho since that one seems to look amazing on asura, especially with the hood on.

Dulfy's pic shows the horn clipping on charr.
gw2-jungle-explorer-outfit-charr-2.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, there's a collection for it, and the Carapace pieces are all required. Once you have them, then all three Luminescent pieces unlock as well.

Ah wait, so it's not just the Carapace pieces, but there are others too like before?

From the reddits
Note that you receive the Carapace Gloves as an achievement reward now rather than an end-of-Chapter reward. You cannot repeat it on multiple characters.

You have to spend the 2000 Badges + 4g to get the other two in Silverwastes.

But you get a cool BLTC Key at the end, though.

Yay.
Guess this answers the question of how they'd keep the mordrem fort events populated.

Levyne

Banned
Damn, totally forgot about the living story. Will need to start that tonight. Is that something a couple people can do or does it require a group?

Usually the instances can be solo'd, some achievements probably easier with a group, map/zone achievements need larger scale coordination sometimes.

I don't specifically know about this chapter, though.

Mxrz

I bought the outfit cause Metal Slug is the best game ever. Not too bothered about clipping, the best Charr have no horns.

Can't touch the LS story until tonight. But the crest thing doesn't seem that big a deal. Running around in the Silverwaste last week I was sitting on around 1000+ before I bought the crafting inscriptions. It doesn't seem too difficult.

Keeping people in the zone isn't too bad an idea. In comparison, Dry top can feel barren during the week . Some of the achievements there are a bit more difficult without lots of people running around. There's also all the rewards out of there I still want, but getting geodes is a lot slower now.

Retro

Reminder to keep things spoiler free for at least a week!

Ah wait, so it's not just the Carapace pieces, but there are others too like before?

Yeah, there's some Mordrem critter bits to grab, another item that requires you to go out in the world and then use it in the Breach (MUCH easier to get than the firefly essence), and the ascended item from completing all of the achievements.

Looks like only the usual negatrons have comments on this update.

People who are enjoying it, too busy to post?

Haters hate, players play, etc.

It's definitely shorter than last time, storywise, but on the plus side the achievements look like they'll be easier this time. Haven't been in a Silverwastes that progressed past the breach yet, so I don't know how much further the zone expands beyond the new bit in the southwest corner. I needed to stop to get some food.

Damn, totally forgot about the living story. Will need to start that tonight. Is that something a couple people can do or does it require a group?

I soloed this story. Not sure on the achievements, but chances are good you can.

xeris

I know y'all are waiting for the Xeris Review (tm) with baited breath.

Overall, I give it a 5. Mostly cause it was relatively short and didn't annoy me nearly as much as the last one. The writing was still pretty bad though and the end was anticlimatic. So a resounding meh.

I know y'all are waiting for the Xeris Review (tm) with baited breath.

Overall, I give it a 5. Mostly cause it was relatively short and didn't annoy me nearly as much as the last one. The writing was still pretty bad though and the end was anticlimatic. So a resounding meh.
5/5 ?

Missions were perfect, but I got it done in the first hour without rushing.
(ie. read everything and explored
maze
a bit)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, it's not.

I'm gonna be home in a little under an an hour and I'm gonna be hitting the story up, but then will be available to either run some dungeons or lead some Silverwastes if anyone is interested!

xeris

5/5 ?

Missions were perfect, but I got it done in the first hour without rushing.
(ie. read everything and explored
maze
a bit)

Five out of ten. Last episode was a three. I think the highest I've given anything this season was an eight for the end of part one. The April 14th feature path was a one only because I don't give zeros or negative numbers.

bated breath, you didn't hook a worm to it.

Some typos are more intentional than others. Not saying which category that fell into.

Retro

Last update it was "I have to do the same story on three different characters to unlock all the skins, this is a grind!" This week it's "I have to spend a currency that everything in this zone gives me to unlock all the skins, this is a grind!" Stay tuned for Episode 7: "You mean I have to log in?"

Meanwhile, in my inventory, from playing rather casually since the last update:

jM5iC0c.jpg
jM5iC0c.jpg

jM5iC0c.jpg
jM5iC0c.jpg

You mean there's finally something I can use this stuff on? Excellent.

Last update it was "I have to do the same story on three different characters to unlock all the skins, this is a grind!" This week it's "I have to spend a currency that everything in this zone gives me to unlock all the skins, this is a grind!" Stay tuned for Episode 7: "You mean I have to log in?"
What if they just remove the other 2 carapace requirement ?
You still need to fight off the 4 champ bosses, and do story cheevos.

Taffer

Last update you could earn the skins by replaying the instanced bits with different characters, this time we're back to the Season 1 lowpoints of 'farm this map'. I don't care about the skin of the week but I'm certainly sick of running about the same zone hitting events over and over.
I really liked the system last episode and I like the Silverwastes a lot more than I do Dry Top, this feels like a step backwards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Meanwhile, in my inventory, from playing rather casually since the last update:

jM5iC0c.jpg
jM5iC0c.jpg

jM5iC0c.jpg
jM5iC0c.jpg

You mean there's finally something I can use this stuff on? Excellent.

i wonder how many i have, lol, haven't spent any either.
Last update you could earn the skins by replaying the instanced bits with different characters, this time we're back to the Season 1 lowpoints of 'farm this map'. I don't care about the skin of the week but I'm certainly sick of running about the same zone hitting events over and over.
I really liked the system last episode and I like the Silverwastes a lot more than I do Dry Top, this feels like a step backwards.
makes sense, but it's not that many and it's permanent. we'll see what they do for the rest of the season rewards.

Mxrz

The content isn't temporary. Its something that can be worked on from here on out. Its also two (four? six? Math hard) new armor skins that can be earned in game, not the gem store. That used to be a pretty big complaint.

The trend seems to be to grind like mad to get the long term rewards, bitch about it, then complain about having nothing to do in game.

The trend seems to be to grind like mad to get the long term rewards, bitch about it, then complain about having nothing to do in game.

I've just outright stopped listening to people who are like this: they try to get every cheevo and reward on patch day, grind like crazy, farm like crazy, then complain the next day that "it only lasted me an hour wtf".

There's just no point in even wasting logic on such people anymore.

Anyway, enough about the wet blankets.

So far I'm impressed with this episode. Barely started, and already I've seen a lot of new mechanics. I'm glad they're ramping up in terms of difficulty.

Those strawmen sure are spreading like wildfire.

Here, i`ll give it a go: "every update there is a loud minority that tries to shit on anet. They simply can't understand the complex nuances of the body of work that the master crafters have placed before us. Fortunately, we are amongst far more enlightened individuals, unlike those manbeasts. Best that they be ignored, ostracized, tarred, feathered, and chemically castrated. Oh, and fuck stackers."

Retro

What if they just remove the other 2 carapace requirement ?
You still need to fight off the 4 champ bosses, and do story cheevos.

I suppose in the interest of keeping it simple and just having one collection with one set of Mordrem parts, one mushroom, etc. putting them all in one collection and having you unlock all three pieces of Luminescent armor at once makes sense.

Last update you could earn the skins by replaying the instanced bits with different characters, this time we're back to the Season 1 lowpoints of 'farm this map'.

I think last week might have been an error, and since this seems to be yet another game-destroying Worst Thing Ever™, I'm sure Reddit and the Official forums will scream bloody murder until a dev clarifies, so I'm sure we'll find out for sure eventually.

Maybe I'm weird or something, but it still seems like "play the game to unlock the reward," without a loophole. It requires more bandit crests, sure, but I'm already sitting on a ton of those anyways because the whole zone awards them for everything. The champions also probably drop the boxes, which is fine because it looks like you need to kill them again for different parts of their bodies (which, to me, seems like a bigger pain than the crests, but whatever).

You also don't have to repeat the same content on three different max-level characters (something not all players have, remember), which was the thing everyone was up in arms about last week. Thus, my comment.

The content isn't temporary. Its something that can be worked on from here on out.

That too.

spiritfox

Couldn't you also buy the shoulders with Bandit Crests? Drama for drama's sake.

I might get the jungle outfit for my engie. Finally something that looks "engie" enough.

Taffer

I think last week might have been an error, and since this seems to be yet another game-destroying Worst Thing Ever™, I'm sure Reddit and the Official forums will scream bloody murder until a dev clarifies, so I'm sure we'll find out for sure eventually.

What happened last week?

Maybe I'm weird or something, but it still seems like "play the game to unlock the reward," without a loophole. It requires more bandit crests, sure, but I'm already sitting on a ton of those anyways because the whole zone awards them for everything. The champions also probably drop the boxes, which is fine because it looks like you need to kill them again for different parts of their bodies (which, to me, seems like a bigger pain than the crests, but whatever).

This ties in somewhat to the account wallet versus LS stuff mentioned a few days ago - how do you ensure that players old and new are on an equal footing with regards to spending power when new stuff is injected into the game? Temporary currencies are one way of avoiding veterans decked out in shiny new gear on day one while new players have to save up for it but it's restricted to the new zones (or whichever zone is dropping it, as when Scarlet was dropping her minions on a random map every hour or so) so if you're interested in the new stuff you're going to spend a lot of time there.
Sometimes it's something you enjoy (Silverwastes and Marionette being my favourites so far) and so you end up buying everything you want without feeling you had to grind for it but everyone has a point at which they're sick of event or map X. I'd like to see some alternatives to temporary currencies and last episode's system was interesting to me because of that.

You also don't have to repeat the same content on three different max-level characters (something not all players have, remember), which was the thing everyone was up in arms about last week. Thus, my comment.

You're absolutely right about not everyone being able to repeat content on alts and any solution would have to take that into account. I'm just talking about my own reaction to last episode because I felt you were generalising complaints somewhat and wanted to say a bit more than the normal Reddit/official forums drive-by whining. Having an alternative way of obtaining stuff can only be good and I guess I'm disappointed that this go-round there isn't one.

5il3nc3r

Those strawmen sure are spreading like wildfire.

Here, i`ll give it a go: "every update there is a loud minority that tries to shit on anet. They simply can't understand the complex nuances of the body of work that the master crafters have placed before us. Fortunately, we are amongst far more enlightened individuals, unlike those manbeasts. Best that they be ignored, ostracized, tarred, feathered, and chemically castrated. Oh, and fuck stackers."

I appreciate your presence in this thread. The Anet love is a bit too strong here.

*joins on Hawk*
*Hawk is dead*
*runs to res Hawk*

Deja vu.

Last month people complained the thread was too harsh.

I think by this point it's pretty clear that some people play Guild Wars 2, and others play "that thing I actually hate but will keep playing because I want to complain".

If people have an issue with an OT community thread for a game being too much love for the game, I have to wonder: do they even know where they are? Do they comprehend the *point* of a "community" thread about a game? People come to threads like this because they *like the game* and want to hang out with people who share their like for the thing - not walk into a wall of bitching that there's too much cheese and not enough macaroni, or too much macaroni and not enough cheese. (That's not to say no criticism allowed nofun.gif - but incessant non-stop "Anet shat in my cheerios" and general wet blanket Marvinism of "oh woe is me the game is no fun/broken/imbalanced/madebyidiots but everyone else likes it they must be idiots" - I think the world can do with less of that egotistical shit, but that's my 2c).

Anyhoo, ignore list updated, NeoGAF++ installed to hide posts, and now back to actually enjoying that thing we play.

Episode 6 is
way too damn short
but damn good too.

*here is my opinion. Also some bonus strawmen*
*oh and btw, im ignoring those that might argue against my opinion*

Have fun o/

For what is worth, the current method of acquiring other pieces of gear via crests was already present in the last update. It largely went ignored by those with alts because re-doing the story was quicker. Those without could still farm 1k bandit asses and deliver to the bro along with two gil for one armor piece.

They just removed the alt option in this patch.

It's shameful that five person groups avoid fighting Tazza in her room at the end of SE1.
It's shameful that the other guy drops no loot :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
From the reddits
Yay.
Guess this answers the question of how they'd keep the mordrem fort events populated.

Yeesh. Time to Silverwastes grind. At the very least the badge rewards are more frequent vs. geodes and aren't tied to tier level.

Yeah, there's some Mordrem critter bits to grab, another item that requires you to go out in the world and then use it in the Breach (MUCH easier to get than the firefly essence), and the ascended item from completing all of the achievements.

Ah noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom