• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Cool. Welcome welcome. Weren't you suppose to post about a GAFsmash dungeon run you did recently.

Yes >__> Smashing is fun, I think I like that path. SE3, was it?

I was supposed to say something like Hawkian dies a lot ♥. But I die a lot too. I feel like you die in this game more than any other game I've played...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes >__> Smashing is fun, I think I like that path. SE3, was it?

I was supposed to say something like Hawkian dies a lot ♥. But I die a lot too. I feel like you die in this game more than any other game I've played...
Whatever, we tore that run apart and there were still only 4 of us if I remember correctly?

Most good indeed. Most good.

Cracklox

Can we do a Fractal Later today ?

Preferably before Reset .

Because I'm from the future, its the weekend here and all our schedules are magically colliding. If you guys are up for dragging somebody clueless through then bring it on.

And uh, whats Reset?

Because I'm from the future, its the weekend here and all our schedules are magically colliding. If you guys are up for dragging somebody clueless through then bring it on.

And uh, whats Reset?

I'll be around to do Fractals too depending on how many people we need and how many parties we can fill.

Reset is at midnight, 00:00 UTC, which is when daily achievements "reset" and all that.

Thorgal

And uh, whats Reset?

We would be happy to take you .

Fractals are described as the endgame dungeon for lvl 80's but on a low dificulty level it is perfectly doable with uplevels .

ike Me Zeroth and 2 others once ran through it with 3 toons at lvl 30 and we managed .

Also when you are lvl 60 - 70 i am willing to take you on a Teq run if you are interested .

Cracklox

Reset is at midnight, 00:00 UTC, which is when daily achievements "reset" and all that.

Oh yeah of course. I knocked mine off last night here, so I don't think I need to worry about it.

Hope to see some of you folk around today. Outside of rolling with Dino a couple of times during the week, I haven't done anything with any Gafers since the (awesome) events of last weekend

Edit - Thanks Thorgal. Lvl 61 so should be good.

Shiokazu

i'll skip things today, fouzen too me the entire day to finish.

if you want to be fast in a tactical rpg, you need to have confidence.

ot6EMj7.jpg

Famous last "PFFT."

Let it not be said I never complain about the game: the Silverwastes server lag issues are getting out of hand. The entire zone is getting up to 10 second lag spikes, which is a real pain when fighting a boss.

EDIT: Oh, I can't stay mad at you Guild Wars 2. Even with all your broken crap, I still think you're beautiful.

Spyware

Just finished my first fractal run! It was really fun, especially getting to revisit the Aetherblade dungeon. Those bosses are so fun! I really love the golems/laser wall thingie.

Gave me an excuse to dig up Kreia (she was actually in the 45th spot on my character screen! Poor thing!) and play pretty death princess! It's a character I really love the look of. It took quite some time to get an armor combination I liked on her but when it clicked it really clicked.

Any "dungeon armor" I happen to have is from PvP reward chests before they removed those btw, if anyone wonders how someone who have not done non-AC dungeons have those skins. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm at my wits end, I don't think I can do No Teragriff Snack Pack and Dancer In the Dark alone. I could almost finish the latter, but fuck those pulls from tentacles at the end.

Five straight hours of Fractals was enough for a few nights I think.

Across the two runs, we didn't repeat any locations, so lox got to learn eight of the fifteen possible areas at least.

So glad to have you back, Miktar!

we'd have been fine on 10 :X

10 and 19 are the same mechanically since they are the same difficulty tier. Agony is the same and both add the same new tricks (like the harpy knockback attacks and needing to use the batteries on Old Tom instead of the fan working without them). Bosses hit for the same damage and all that too.

Let the record show that I voted for level 9 first. No agony, no harpy knockback, no batteries. :p

Though, had we both known that only the two of us had AR, I hope 10-19 would have been vetoed immediately. That was small a miscalculation on the party as a whole.

Retro

Great missions as usual, sorry for the double challenge, we had a few people not get credit since another guild started it. Congrats to all the lotto winners!

Makeups are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific, then Tuesday we should have another Teaser trailer.

Was good to run with GAF again. Forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Very much this, was nice having you back.

Moondrop

Banned
Though, had we both known that only the two of us had AR, I hope 10-19 would have been vetoed immediately. That was small a miscalculation on the party as a whole.
I should probably let this go, but the difference between a smooth run and our experience was not that between my 10+ AR low dps warrior and my 5 AR low dps ranger. At most we would've finished the kitty golems with one less wipe. The fundamental problem was that the three of us couldn't carry two people without AR; they drop too fast to be ressed. Which is to say nothing against those two players; it was our fault for dismissing Agony.

For the record I had a good time despite how long we took and would like to run more introductory fractals.

I should probably let this go, but the difference between a smooth run and our experience was not that between my 10+ AR low dps warrior and my 5 AR low dps ranger. At most we would've finished the kitty golems with one less wipe. The fundamental problem was that the three of us couldn't carry two people without AR; they drop too fast to be ressed. Which is to say nothing against those two players; it was our fault for dismissing Agony.

For the record I had a good time despite how long we took and would like to run more introductory fractals.

I agree that you bringing your Warrior wouldn't have made up the difference for our party being able to do level 19 comfortably. We would have all agreed that level 9 was a better fit had we all known exactly what we were working with. But hindsight is 20/20 and all that. The general gist of what I was saying though is that there never would have been a debate about whether to do level 9 or level 19 if it had been clear that anyone in addition to lox was missing full AR for the tier.

Going in I thought we were going to have four well-Fractaled level 80s with full AR, all helping teach one new level 61 (who would obviously be without AR). I didn't know Thorgal was still new to some Fractals and missing AR. I also didn't expect that we would be so unlucky as to get a boss that gives any group trouble without the right party build. Even with full AR the raving asura still does a lot of damage, and we have wiped on it a number of times with far more experienced groups, so our newly acquainted team certainly had nothing to be ashamed of given the circumstances.

We ended up with a few more holes in the party composition than anticipated, and we were set back on our heels for it. It was still a lot of fun and the five of us were able to make it through most of it together, but I would like to avoid repeating similar mistakes when we invite new players along. We've tried before to carry more than we could manage to level 19 and 29 fractals, so I am a little irritated with myself for not taking enough precautions to prevent it from happening again.

Moondrop

Banned
We've tried before to carry more than we could manage to level 19 and 29 fractals, so I am a little irritated with myself for not taking enough precautions to prevent it from happening again.
It's on us and Hawk equally, no big deal. New rules for introductory fractals going forward:
1) Perform AR checks, not to exclude anyone but to pick the right level, and
2) Never carry more than one person lacking AR per party.

Cracklox

Fractal stuff:

My 2 cents. I enjoyed it. The 3 hour, first fractal was elongated by a half hour or so at the beginning of the boss fractal where we had to wait for some people to fill spots. Still I don't know how long they SHOULD take, but 2.5 hours prob isn't too bad considering we bit off more then we could chew.

We (you guys?) smashed the boss fractal though. He was cake. I had more trouble with the boss on our second fractal at a much lower lvl. It was mostly that asshole Asura with his bunch of dickhead robots that held us up first time.

Thorgal

I had fun so i had no problems it becoming so late but yeah our group composition was not exactly optimal and if you throw no Agony resist and a new player in the mix lvl 19 can be rough going .

It is not impossible of course , iirc Zeroth and ike once Led me through lvl 19 on my warrior who was still an early uplevel then .
Of course we had a guardian for that run .

All in all , we did pretty good with what we had and ended on a high note .

I like to imagine the last fractal run , had we done it would have been Mai trin as a final FY from the game so we saved ourselves from that Agony ( pun intended ) .

Fractal stuff:

My 2 cents. I enjoyed it. The 3 hour, first fractal was elongated by a half hour or so at the beginning of the boss fractal where we had to wait for some people to fill spots. Still I don't know how long they SHOULD take, but 2.5 hours prob isn't too bad considering we bit off more then we could chew.

We (you guys?) smashed the boss fractal though. He was cake. I had more trouble with the boss on our second fractal at a much lower lvl. It was mostly that asshole Asura with his bunch of dickhead robots that held us up first time.

The full length of the Fractal run depends partially on which locations you are dealt, but around one hour is all you should typically need when everyone already knows what to do. It obviously adds time when you are going into (far too much in my case) detail explaining what to do. But just wait for the day you go to the Cliffside Fractal for the first time. It is sure to add extra time to a run, experienced or otherwise.

I've done plenty of 45 minute or less runs with GAF when we bring our "A" game and get lucky with which areas we roll.

I had fun so i had no problems it becoming so late but yeah our group composition was not exactly optimal and if you throw no Agony resist and a new player in the mix lvl 19 can be rough going .

It is not impossible of course , iirc Zeroth and ike once Led me through lvl 19 on my warrior who was still an early uplevel then .
Of course we had a guardian for that run .

All in all , we did pretty good with what we had and ended on a high note .

I like to imagine the last fractal run , had we done it would have been Mai trin as a final FY from the game so we saved ourselves from that Agony ( pun intended ) .

We 4-manned the Volcanic Fractal with Moondrop and Hawkian just after you left, but they didn't get to stay for the very end. lox and I picked up some help (Ookamikun, Thurbleton, and Varix) to keep going and luckily got Jade Maw.

But as lox alluded to above, he did get Mai Trin for our level 2 Fractal. So he still got to experience a small taste of what could have been.

Zeroth

It's on us and Hawk equally, no big deal. New rules for introductory fractals going forward:
1) Perform AR checks, not to exclude anyone but to pick the right level, and
2) Never carry more than one person lacking AR per party.

The second one is something I've concluded too. You can bring more people without proper AR, but they need to have some AR because otherwise you'll lack numbers for the boss fights.

Retro

Did Marjory changed her outfit?

She normally has a a scarf-type deal going on that covers up her cleavage a bit more, but I think the concept artist took some creative license with it. Braham looks like he's shaved all of his hair off and Rox doesn't look nearly as adorable.

Still good though, I was doing my Personal Story last night on my Sylvari and it reminded me that the use of concept art for all of the loading screens in this game was a really smart choice. There's so much wallpaper-quality stuff.

ike are you saying that fractal levels 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 are all identical?
They are for the most part. 19 has a fee more vets, but that's about it.

Once you hit level 30, then individual levels will have different mistlocks which change them a lot.

Wanderer5

Finally went around here, being a huge GW2 fan heh. Got the luminescent gloves yesterday and still have a few stacks of crests leftover, so I set for the next Living Story update. I want my guardian to glow and all!

Levyne

Banned
Finally went around here, being a huge GW2 fan heh. Got the luminescent gloves yesterday and still have a few stacks of crests leftover, so I set for the next Living Story update. I want my guardian to glow and all!

Welcome to the thread!

I don't recognize your gaf name. If you have a free guild slot we could invite you to the in-game guild if you would like.

Wanderer5

Welcome to the thread!

I don't recognize your gaf name. If you have a free guild slot we could invite you to the in-game guild if you would like.

Well I still a bit new to these forums heh. And I already have max guilds, even through I probably could drop one, but maybe later or I can take that offer on my alt acc that I barely play.:p

And I just going to say Charr FTW! I love them so much.<3

Wanderer5

Welcome Wanderer5.

Liking Charr I understand because they are pretty cool.
Liking Asura is just weird.

I don't really care much for either asura or norn. Beside Charr I do like sylvari a lot, having a sylvari ranger, and a couple human characters that are pretty much just "there" beside cosplay purposes heh.

I on Fort Aspenwood btw to anyone that on that server too and WvWs.:p I pretty much do a bit of WvW during PST night almost daily.

ike are you saying that fractal levels 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 are all identical?

nothing official tonight, i'm thinking Tuesday for GAF Pac-Man

They are for the most part. 19 has a fee more vets, but that's about it.

Once you hit level 30, then individual levels will have different mistlocks which change them a lot.

Yep. 19 might have a few more mobs sprinkled in at select spots, and certain ones will get promoted to veterans, but the enemy damage/health scale is otherwise the same. Changes are incredibly subtle on the individual levels from 1-9 or 10-19 or 20-29. The difficulty tiers are the only thing to watch out for there.

Levels 30+ with the Mistlocks are indeed when the real fun starts with individual level differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom