• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonus bounty beat the big bounty's time again, but we weren't quick enough to make it to the second fight this week.

15297065494104768512_iofgh.jpg

We did get help finding and fighting Prisoner 1141 from a friendly local Charr though. Thanks again to Sharp Joe!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
we should start giving out a prize if the bonus bounty is killed or something :D

I'm really stupid. *Currently incompatible with Windows 8*
Sorry for making you guys waste your time helping me, if there's another alternative, please point me in the right direction.
i'm really sorry, thought i do need to correct that .txt file... it can be viewed here for now

I'd like to test some alternatives on win8 but I just don't have any windows 8 devices to play around with yet and don't want to upgrade yet.

let me know how that pinnacle profile works. I can't see the layout yet. the trouble is, autohotkey does some very good stuff that might not be doable in windows 8 without some program I don't have experience with..

we should start giving out a prize if the bonus bounty is killed or something :D

i'm really sorry, thought i do need to correct that .txt file... it can be viewed here for now

I'd like to test some alternatives on win8 but I just don't have any windows 8 devices to play around with yet and don't want to upgrade yet.

let me know how that pinnacle profile works. I can't see the layout yet. the trouble is, autohotkey does some very good stuff that might not be doable in windows 8 without some program I don't have experience with..

Ah, I should've made an update. I'm in, the pinnacle profile seems to work fine, just getting the hang of it at the moment. Enjoying the little I've played of GW2 thus far. Thank you and the others who've tried to help. ;;'

Thorgal

Speaking about triple wurm , My first Cobalt run ended on a funny glitch not seen yet by any of the regulars .

After decapitation , The wurm got stuck in the ground .

He did all the splashing around and "Charge " animations but he did not move from that spot making him a very easy kill .

Spyware

It's annoying to miss the main mission night (and lottery ;P) now when I know how fun it is. It happens to be at the worst possible time here. A bit too late to do it before going to bed and just a bit too early to get up to do it in the morning :p

Ohwell!
Really looking forward to the JP tonight. Parked one of my many mesmers over there and made Crescendo do the same. :D

Cracklox

i'm really sorry, thought i do need to correct that .txt file... it can be https://github.com/hawkian/Gamepad-Mode/blob/Fixed-Instruc/INSTRUCTIONS.md viewed here for now

well that looks better ;)

In other news I started a Mesmer.

In other, other news Mesmers are pretty sweet. Only level 12 but I can see the potential for good things. If I want to use the 2 hand staff primarily (which I do) then I guess condition damage is my friend?

I haven't unlocked weapon switch yet and haven't really thought about what I'll put in the second spot. Whats a good thing that compliments staff well? I used scepter/torch for a bit and didn't mind the skillset, but what else works?

Oh, and can't make the JP either :(

Spyware

I haven't unlocked weapon switch yet and haven't really thought about what I'll put in the second spot. Whats a good thing that compliments staff well? I used scepter/torch for a bit and didn't mind the skillset, but what else works?
I love sword/pistol. The second sword skill is a flurry thing that makes you completely invulnerable during the attack (over two seconds). Probably my fav attack in the game. Pistol has a really good phantasm and the fifth skill is a bouncing bullet that stuns the first enemy, dazes the second and blinds the third.
It's a really good melee set. I like having one set for ranged attacks and one for closer range/melee.
I'm actually running the staff/sword/pistol combo on Kreia with a "shatter build" where I summon as many clones and phantasms as possible and use the shatter skills.

Mxrz

Fighting the same premade group in unranked gets really old after the third or fourth time. Either 3+ premades or courtyard has to go.

Zeroth

Ah, I should've made an update. I'm in, the pinnacle profile seems to work fine, just getting the hang of it at the moment. Enjoying the little I've played of GW2 thus far. Thank you and the others who've tried to help. ;;'

Feel free to send us your character/account name so we can add ya to the guild!

It took an hour, but my two friends and I completed the new JP without using a guide! It was actually a lot of fun, and a damn sight easier than most thanks to being able to shortcut back to your last flag. Best JP in the game so far.

Spyware

That was fun! Especially since I hadn't played with the guild for two weeks. Missed it a lot.

I hope I helped a bit with my portals, speed boosts and stuff :) Sorry for being a bit confused when we were waiting for people at the gap, it's sometimes hard to hear what's being said in mumble.

And based on the pics I think I need to rethink Cenric's colors... or rather his current lack of any interesting ones. Love that guy tho! Very happy with my armor combo, as usual :p

Ettie

I'm looking for a trustworthy dungeon runner for Arah. Any path, will need multiple runs. Any of you happen to know someone who still does this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry I had to leave before the finish line, the mysteriously missing bandit event slowed us down and I was getting family aggro :p Still had a lot of fun and I have a save at milestone 8 for later ;) Thanks for coming you guys and for the the fantastic pics Thorgal!
That was fun! Especially since I hadn't played with the guild for two weeks. Missed it a lot.

I hope I helped a bit with my portals, speed boosts and stuff :) Sorry for being a bit confused when we were waiting for people at the gap, it's sometimes hard to hear what's being said in mumble.

And based on the pics I think I need to rethink Cenric's colors... or rather his current lack of any interesting ones. Love that guy tho! Very happy with my armor combo, as usual :p
Thaaat's alright, we had a lot of names thrown around!

BTW, you can enter the lottery whenever you like, you don't even need to attend missions to buy tickets. Gold deposited into the Treasure Trove will always be counted toward the next upcoming lotto no matter when you do so.

TrounceX

Hey guys, picked this up on sale, going through the Norn tutorial missions. How do I have fun with this game?

1. Role a Guardian or a Warrior

2. Make sure to join Blackgate server

3. Load up World vs World and never look back

Apparently you can have fun doing PvE content too, but in my 2,000 hours played I've yet to figure out how exactly.

How do I have fun with this game?

Use the game as a game.
Just play it, try out the different professions and races, see what works for you.

Had an absolute blast tonight doing Arah path 4 with the Best Damn Fractal Team in GAF. We finished the entire path in about an hour and a half, zero wipes, all first-timers, no skipping or stacking.

Something that really impressed me about the dungeon, is how diverse it is, visually, in a single path.

Nothing in Path 4 was hard, and learning the boss mechanics was pretty easy even while fighting the bosses.

We even did Lupi without cheesing anything, and just fighting normally. A few grubs got through, but nothing bad.

The Best(tm)

Zeroth

I'm looking for a trustworthy dungeon runner for Arah. Any path, will need multiple runs. Any of you happen to know someone who still does this?

I don't, but you could ask in the guild. We have plenty of people eager to do Arah.

Account name is Mezentine.8670

That what you need?

Yar. Added ya to the guild, next time you log in, hit G, then select "Accept" and "Represent". We have some bags with extra space in our bank so you can play more... easily.

Good stuff

Always a pleasure to run with you fine gentlemen. Thank you all for coming, I had a blast!

I had the presence of mind to hit Alt+F10 to make Shadowplay dump the last five minutes of recording, right after the Lupi fight. Which lasted exactly 3:35 minutes.

So here it is, in all its derpy glory. I'd fought Lupi perhaps once before around two years ago, so I had NO idea what the mechanics were anymore.

http://youtu.be/9ExanBHJ_Bg

I like how we're in the "hardest dungeon in the game" but always find time to take photos of the environment, and a few selfies.

REMINDER

Emails like these are fakes. Never follow the links in them, they will steal your passwords.

If you hover over the account link, it's easy to spot that it's going to a phishing url. It *says* https://account.guildwars2.com/login but the link is actually: http://account.guildwars2.comeoqswo...ccjlgv-ailst1.ukriqk-7mat6-bbxq6-f88c-ov9g8.t or some variant.

Always be suspicious of emails pretending to be from ArenaNet.

Moondrop

Banned
Great times in Arah.

Thanks for posting that video Miktar. Hot dodge jumps.

You and Ike covered pretty much everything with your shots (that mid-air petrify is classic), but I thought two of mine might be of interest. I don't think I know how to do the quote-expand thing properly.

Spyware

BTW, you can enter the lottery whenever you like, you don't even need to attend missions to buy tickets. Gold deposited into the Treasure Trove will always be counted toward the next upcoming lotto no matter when you do so.
Oh, nice! :)
But it's still something else to be there when it happens. Mumble during main mission night is usually a blast :p

docbon

Good googly moogly that new jumping puzzle takes for-fucking-ever.

Last part felt like an M.C. Escher piece too. I really liked it a lot.

Good googly moogly that new jumping puzzle takes for-fucking-ever.

Last part felt like an M.C. Escher piece too. I really liked it a lot.

I really like the speedboost stations, because once you know where to go you can really shave off a lot of time, there are tons of sneaky little shortcuts, making it almost a race. I wonder what the fastest completion time will eventually be, for just straight running it, no weird Warrior tricks.

Mxrz

Trying to decide between Eternity or Bolt. If you could still do the underwater-aura stack thing, think I'd go Kraitkin.

10:30 am, can't find any stand up Skritt.

Cathcart

Hey all. Picked up GW2 two days before the sale (I didn't know :( ) and got my Mesmer to 80 over the weekend. Love the Mesmer class and I'm definitely going to play a lot more of it but I'm also playing around with a couple of alts. I think my next 80 is going to be this Asura Necromancer (currently 19), partly because the class is so fun to play but mostly because his auto attack on axe is the best thing that's happened to humanity since fried food. C'mon, son.

So far I'm really digging this game. A friend of mine tried to get me to play a couple of years ago but it was just after I had given up WoW and I really didn't want to get dragged into another MMO. Probably the right choice at the time. Anyway, GW2 rocks. The questing and exploring are super fun and I've only run a few dungeons but I'm having a great time there, too. Looking forward to checking out fractals and doing some more WvW soon.

Long term goal would be to craft me up a Twilight. I like how crafting the legendaries involves spending a bit of time in almost every aspect of the game. So even though the weapon is a long way off I have a variety of short term things to work on leading up to it. Like, oh, I don't know, replacing some of the level 60 gear I'm still wearing from leveling...

Zeroth

Hey all. Picked up GW2 two days before the sale (I didn't know :( ) and got my Mesmer to 80 over the weekend. Love the Mesmer class and I'm definitely going to play a lot more of it but I'm also playing around with a couple of alts. I think my next 80 is going to be this Asura Necromancer (currently 19), partly because the class is so fun to play but mostly because his auto attack on axe is the best thing that's happened to humanity since fried food. C'mon, son.

So far I'm really digging this game. A friend of mine tried to get me to play a couple of years ago but it was just after I had given up WoW and I really didn't want to get dragged into another MMO. Probably the right choice at the time. Anyway, GW2 rocks. The questing and exploring are super fun and I've only run a few dungeons but I'm having a great time there, too. Looking forward to checking out fractals and doing some more WvW soon.

Long term goal would be to craft me up a Twilight. I like how crafting the legendaries involves spending a bit of time in almost every aspect of the game. So even though the weapon is a long way off I have a variety of short term things to work on leading up to it. Like, oh, I don't know, replacing some of the level 60 gear I'm still wearing from leveling...

Nice to hear that! I finished Twilight a couple weeks ago and it is indeed awesome :) If you are interested in joining a guild, the GAF guild is always open, just send us your character name or account number!

Cathcart

Nice to hear that! I finished Twilight a couple weeks ago and it is indeed awesome :) If you are interested in joining a guild, the GAF guild is always open, just send us your character name or account number!

Thanks! And grats on Twilight :) I actually started a small guild with a few friends. Would it be cool to grab a GAF invitation just to rep for the occasional mission? Looks like you guys are having fun with that and our group probably won't be big enough for most of them. If so, please send an invite to Fubsy.7865. If not, no problem. I'm not on the same home world as you guys but is it k because megaserver?

Also, I don't know if you guys have heard this or not. I mean you probably haven't. But Nolan North has the urge to kill. And it's rising.

Asuran necromancers have the best lines.
They really do, love this little guy. And the animations are great.

What is everyone preference and what do you think we will actually get from December 16th update?

Preference: Just Living Story Episode 8, Wintersday can happen on 30th. If they need Wintersday to happen on 16th then release episode 8 at the same time?

We will probably just get Wintersday only, and I will be sad.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
What is everyone preference and what do you think we will actually get from December 16th update?

Preference: Just Living Story Episode 8, Wintersday can happen on 30th. If they need Wintersday to happen on 16th then release episode 8 at the same time?

We will probably just get Wintersday only, and I will be sad.

Wintersday has already been confirmed for December 16th and I don't see episode 8 coming till January 5th. I doubt they would release episode 8 on the 30th considering most of the devs are still gonna be on vacation around that time I would actually be quite surprised if they release them at the same time though.

Zeroth

Thanks! And grats on Twilight :) I actually started a small guild with a few friends. Would it be cool to grab a GAF invitation just to rep for the occasional mission? Looks like you guys are having fun with that and our group probably won't be big enough for most of them. If so, please send an invite to Fubsy.7865. If not, no problem. I'm not on the same home world as you guys but is it k because megaserver?

Also, I don't know if you guys have heard this or not. I mean you probably haven't. But Nolan North has the urge to kill. And it's rising.

Gotcha. We don't have rep requirements at all, so feel free to rep whenever you feel like! And yes, it's fine for everything but WvW, but we don't usually do that anyway :p

Moondrop

Banned
It really is a good one. I'm trying to figure out the rocks in your hammer screenshot, are they in the hammer itself or is it refraction?
The "rocks" are within the hammer, but the effect is more like 2D flecks of minerals within a quartz crystal. Priory hammer skin quite underrated. ;)

It took a long time to upload, but here it is in its full glory.

I load it up and skip forward, and land right on the spot where we're fighting the boss where the trees kept spawning. And I see myself with a poison bucket, constantly trying to pour it on the trees.

I am such an idiot.

Zeroth

I load it up and skip forward, and land right on the spot where we're fighting the boss where the trees kept spawning. And I see myself with a poison bucket, constantly trying to pour it on the trees.

I am such an idiot.

You were not the only one. That is such a troll thing to put in a fight, I bet the devs were giggling when they added it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom