• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
If I do the later living story stuff do I still get carapiece boxes?

I think this is the full answer:

You'll get shoulders each round of Echoes of the Past (1 per alt)
You'll get gloves once for Tangled Paths. Can get more from the labyrinth chest.
You'll get leggins each round of Seeds of Truth (1 per alt)
Shoe box is random drop from Locked Bandit Chests or purchased from the crest vendor after acquiring the Boot Requisition Order.

Frecklestein.2758

Is my GW2 account if you guys don't mind sending an invite to the guild?
I've been playing so much and the controller works flawlessly with the game. I've sunk in so many hours across three characters and I'm just getting started.

Looking forward to meeting you all c:

Zeroth

Frecklestein.2758

Is my GW2 account if you guys don't mind sending an invite to the guild?
I've been playing so much and the controller works flawlessly with the game. I've sunk in so many hours across three characters and I'm just getting started.

Looking forward to meeting you all c:

Gotcha. When you log in, hit "G", then "Accept" and "Represent"! Feel free to grab the inventory bags in the guild bank too, I'm sure they will help :)

Zeroth

So all my characters will be in, right? : o And thank you, by the way. I'm pretty excited, haha

Indeed, it is account wide. You will need to click "Represent" on each character though, but they will be set.

And you're welcome, looking forward to playing with ya!

PerfectWiltedHectorsdolphin.gif

UpIbEX7.jpg

squadr0n

What level can I start going to the other starting zones and stuff?

What should I be doing basically atm, Level 7 Thief and im ready to start doing something other than examining broken robots and fixing flowers lol.

Retro

What should I be doing basically atm, Level 7 Thief and im ready to start doing something other than examining broken robots and fixing flowers lol.

You can go to any other starting zone as soon as you finish that first story mission. Simply head into your racial city and look for an Asura Gate (purple swirl icon) that leads to Lion's Arch. Once there, you'll be in a large area with 4 other gates, each leading to the other racial cities.

At Level 7, you're still in the tutorial-esque sections of the game. You'll start to run into dynamic events soon. Sounds like you're in Metrica Province, there's actually some really good ones there that you'll see as you head into the more northern areas of the zone.

Explore, find things, start the personal story at level 10.

squadr0n

Thanks! yea went Asuran. love the game so far just wondering when the questing opened up. Ive been playing super tired the last few nights so I havent given it that much of a chance to wow me yet.

Ive been maining FFXIV but the grind takes forever and I think im going to take a break while I wait for the expansion and switch to this. Love how the first Guild Wars reminded me of Diablo, hoping this one does the same.

Gotcha. When you log in, hit "G", then "Accept" and "Represent"! Feel free to grab the inventory bags in the guild bank too, I'm sure they will help :)

Alright, I'm on and accepted it, how do I access the bank..? I tried going to it in the main city on my human but I kept getting pushed out.

Zeroth

Alright, I'm on and accepted it, how do I access the bank..? I tried going to it in the main city on my human but I kept getting pushed out.

Be sure you are representing the guild (check if the button at the guild tab says "represent"; if it's saying "stand down" you're already representing).

After that, head to Minister's Waypoint and look for the guild bank person on the side that has banks. She will have a green tag over her head saying "guild bank".

Cracklox

Wow. Thanks to Dinopoke for taking me for my 1st run through Silverwastes. Shit was fun. A couple of breaches completed and a couple of pacmans done.

Something which came up is neither of us have done the LS story at all, and both of us are missing the 1st few episodes.
Is there anyone out there that would be so kind to run me (and I'm sure Dino will be down as well) through the 1st episode? (keeping in mind Oceanic time zone tends to sleep and/or work when most of you are playing and vice/versa)

Then I can at least get a feel for whether its worth shelling out for the other 3 episodes I'm missing.

Is there anyone out there that would be so kind to run me (and I'm sure Dino will be down as well) through the 1st episode? (keeping in mind Oceanic time zone tends to sleep and/or work when most of you are playing and vice/versa)

I'd be willing to do this if we can find a time when we're both on at the same time. Are you guys able to play the story normally if I'm replaying it? Never done this before.

I'm in EST and I mostly play after 5pm on weekdays and intermittently on the weekends depending on whether I have plans outside my house or not :p

Taffer

This reminds me, are the Lionguard still guarding the old bank site in LA? Just in case you're in Lion's Arch Frecklestein look for the guild NPCs (guild registrar, guild promoter, guild bank) in a bunch in the fort on the southern edge of LA.

I think Frecklestein was trying to get to the Royal Terrace. I tried to set him on his way last night, so hopefully he found his way to the Ministers Waypoint.

Thanks! yea went Asuran. love the game so far just wondering when the questing opened up. Ive been playing super tired the last few nights so I havent given it that much of a chance to wow me yet.

GW2 doesn't have questing per say, you will never have to walk up to an NPC to get a quest, GW2 replace questing with Hearts, i am sure you have done a few by now, as you explore hearts will appear on the top right corner of your screen, just have to read the objectives when you get in range of a heart, GW2 rewards you for every thing you do, exploring the map gives you XP, mining nodes will give you XP, you also have a Personal Story which gives a decent amount of XP but only unlocks every 10 levels, also every zone has a ton of Dynamic events, they give decent XP and help with your leveling..

Once you get get a the hang of it you will be leveling very quickly..

Mxrz

Yeah. It was a really cool system. Each new land had its own thing, and then Nightfall tied them together somewhat. EotN was basically high level pve stuff only, but you only needed one of the 'core' games. But by then Proph was like $5 anyway.

Living Story starts back on Jan 13th, not the 6th. I'm glad. 4 weeks of wintersday is a good thing. Although being in DR is going to be weird. At least I'll have time to catch up on all the Silverwaste stuff.

nataku

non-standalone implies players required to buy the expansion?

Factions and Nightfall were their own game, like the original (later to be known as Prophecies).

Eye of the North was a traditional expansion and required you to own either Prophecies, Factions or Nightfall to play it.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/season-2-returns-on-january-13/

On January 13, Living World Season 2 will return to take you beyond that seal, and you’ll discover moments that will forever change the course of Tyria.
Exciting events and content are coming to Guild Wars 2 over the holidays as we count down to the pivotal moment of Living World’s second season on January 13. We hope you’ll join us for the ride; you won’t want to miss it.

Wow...that kinda blows.

Last years long ass Wintersday really put me off the game. :-(

Four week break? Suits me - gives me a chance to catch up on some things, and spend time with some other games. Can't have my life revolve entirely around just GW2.

I'm surprised nobody's talking about the experiment they're doing with WvW over the break.

In World vs. World, from December 16 to January 13, we’ll feature our first non-tournament WvW event, the WvW Sneak Attack. Join us as we turn the rules of WvW upside down for four weeks. Every player you kill in WvW will gain your world a point. Earn an extra point by using a finisher while your world has Borderlands Bloodlust. Objectives under attack will not display their customary white sword, and the Mist War Summons buff will give you an extra +15% WXP gain, +50% Magic Find in WvW, and +15% experience on kills in WvW. If all goes well, this will be just the first of many special events in WvW.

This might be interesting. Every hardcore WvW'er I know is hoping this goes well, so it can become the norm.

Wow...that kinda blows.

Last years long ass Wintersday really put me off the game. :-(
I missed the one from last year, so won't be so bad for me.

I'm still surprised we got 3 episodes instead of 4 this time.
It wouldn't be so bad if Episode 7 wasn't so short and so focused on eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww Sylvari.

Spyware

I'm happy with the break. It feels really good that I don't have to be sure to do SW events during December and can catch back up with the game in January since it will still be new stuff coming then. No worries that the zone will have a dip in activity when I can play again like Dry Top had just after the story stuff over there ended.

My December is packed with other stuff :D

Levyne

Banned
I kind of wished we got one more episode to have blocks of 4 and 4, but I can deal with the break. Will just play some other things that I've wanted to get to.

Also I didn't see Wintersday 2 so it will have been a couple years.

Super interested to see how DR looks. First time there, right?

Thorgal

I kind of wished we got one more episode to have blocks of 4 and 4, but I can deal with the break. Will just play some other things that I've wanted to get to.

Also I didn't see Wintersday 2 so it will have been a couple years.

Ill be disappointed if that giant eagle statue above the pavilion is not sporting a massive christmas hat along with everyone else in DR

So, if I lost my mobile authenticator (thanks to a phone memory wipe), is there any way to access my account besides Support? I feel like I may be missing something.
I already sent a ticket yesterday, I just hope to get an answer before I "lose" the current episode unlock.
EDIT: Never mind, already got an answer from support and everything is fine! Am I supposed to thank them? I want to thank them.

Don't worry guys Zeroth helped me out. Looked for me in a crowd, held my hand and took me to the lost and found and everything.

SO. What's the best bang for your buck in this game in terms of gem purchases?

Another problem for me is that after season finale episode 8, we are going on another long ass break if they do what they did between LS 1 and 2.

Also unlike a lot of you I have no interest in any other game.

I guess next week at least it will be worth it to check out DR to see how it is decorated.

So I work at a university, and one of the profs here totally reminds me of a quaggan. Hunched over, wide vacant smile, squeaky voice. She's adorable, hoo.

Retro

I'm happy with the break.

Same here. With all of the holiday-related activities and my brother finally getting a chance to come out for a visit, I'll be busy enough. Between Wintersday, alts and a few games on Steam I should probably get around to finishing, I'm not worried about being bored.

Besides, 4 weeks is not that long considering it takes some MMOs a full year to add content. We're positively spoiled.

Yep. I'm hoping this is the start of a trend where they spread the holidays out to the capitol cities. Hoelbrak seems like the obvious choice for Wintersday given the perpetual snow cover, but if they bring back Dragon Bash then it's definitely best to have it in a city of big, drunk shapeshifters. Halloween in the Black Citadel, of course. I wouldn't mind some kind of spring festival in the Grove as long as they fix the FPS issues.

Never mind, already got an answer from support and everything is fine! Am I supposed to thank them? I want to thank them.

Whenever I close a ticket, I always say thanks. Customer support is usually such a thankless job.

SO. What's the best bang for your buck in this game in terms of gem purchases?

Bank Tabs and the Copper-fed Salvage-o-matic. Infinite Gathering tools are useful too, especially if you find yourself playing one character over the others.

Bag Slots

Nah, they used to be good once you were full on 18 slot bags because buying slots was cheaper than 20-slot bags at the time, but the way the economy has changed since launch, that's not your best option. Since they're per-character, it's better to just buy gold with your gems and spring for 20 slots; at least those can be transferred to another character later.

Next question. What stats should I cater to with my equipment and traits on my DD Thief? If someone can find a guide for me, that'd be great. Anything I find seems outdated apparently.

Next question. What stats should I cater to with my equipment and traits on my DD Thief? If someone can find a guide for me, that'd be great. Anything I find seems outdated apparently.
Dagger/dagger tends to involve conditions, so condition damage, toughness, and power are your best bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom