• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

The GW2 wiki now has a neat listing of all the things that were added since launch: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release/Features

Remember, nothing has changed since launch game is still 100% the same Anet lied people died etc

I was going to crack a joke and say now Miktar, remember that NOTHING has changed since launch. Then I read your spoiler tag and laughed. People are already crying about the new daily system and how it took away from "more important things". FFS people get a clue on how game development works.

Cathcart

That seems pretty cool. I wonder if the log in rewards start on December 16th or if they'll wait until the end of the month for the last round of monthly cheevos to finish up.

Levyne

Banned
Well, actually, I didn't really need to take another look at it for very long. It's pretty explicit:

"With the Wintersday festival coming on December 16, we’re releasing a new version of the daily achievement system."

So, yeah, ignore my previous post. Seems like it's dropping tuesday.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, actually, I didn't really need to take another look at it for very long. It's pretty explicit:

"With the Wintersday festival coming on December 16, we’re releasing a new version of the daily achievement system."

So, yeah, ignore my previous post. Seems like it's dropping tuesday.

Ah didn't see that, ty.

So faster daily 10 points + better rewards... I wonder if it's gonna be retroactive.

Levyne

Banned
For the daily 10 points, is it 1 of each category, or any 3?

" Instead, we’ve created a new meta-achievement for completing any combination of three daily achievements from any category. Completing this meta-achievement will award you a flat 10 achievement points"

Seems like "any combination"

Callunah

Neo Member
You all should play the game like I do. Stop being weird.

Also Gaile says they don't want to release something during holidays because people have holiday/family things to do, yet WintersDay update is still coming and is "getting its time to shine" on it's own.

I say push Wintersday to December 30th and give us episode 8 next week. They each get thier time "to shine" and this way you won't screw over the people who love the story and want to see what's gonna happen next.

I have the best ideas and non of you will change my mind!

Just change your name to SCROOGE already and let it go.. dayum.

Taffer

Won't you have to wait anyway for what happens after this episode? Seems silly to push for it to happen so soon for a reasons that will be negligible for people who play the episodes later on.

That is, assuming you are being sincere and not fishing for silly replies. In this case go talk to Taffer.

U R a cat and u smell of fish.
I can see where Kos is coming from though. I wasn't interested in the last WvW tourney so found myself with nothing to do to kill time between ideas for ways to kill time so barely played for a month or so, another gap in the LS stream would probably be the same. But I also get bored of GW2 around Christmas until Januaryish anyway so I've been expecting a hiatus around this time of year and am not fussed about it.

Edit: ignore me

Noted.

Mxrz

I like Wintersday more than the LS. The next LS will probably be a couple story instances, and the glow-bug chest piece. I'll take all the stuff Wintersday brings over that.

Its hard to say anything about the new achievement system until I experience. It would be incredibly nice if they were somehow as (gold) rewarding as my daily dungeon rounds. The login rewards are incredibly cool. Got friends with limited play time each night that usually miss out on dailies in favor of group stuff. Excited for them if nothing else.

Its nice they are still willing to change things up. Something like this seems like it will have a fairly big impact on how a lot of folks play.

But I need to complete monthly jumping wossit at least once in my life, I guess.

Zeroth

U R a cat and u smell of fish.
I can see where Kos is coming from though. I wasn't interested in the last WvW tourney so found myself with nothing to do to kill time between ideas for ways to kill time so barely played for a month or so, another gap in the LS stream would probably be the same. But I also get bored of GW2 around Christmas until Januaryish anyway so I've been expecting a hiatus around this time of year and am not fussed about it.

Not like you already spend 90% of the time playing Civ V on casual marathon as Queen Elizabeth trying to get a cultural victory versus Genghis Khan.

Retro

That seems pretty cool. I wonder if the log in rewards start on December 16th or if they'll wait until the end of the month for the last round of monthly cheevos to finish up.

Just to clarify; the new daily rewards roll out on December 16th, but they aren't changing the monthly system until January so that players who have already made a lot of progress aren't short changed.

Spyware

Got Aodh to level 80 today! I've had the staff in the bank for months waiting for him to be 80. It was the very first ascended item I made. :D

tumblr_nge1xqXSKH1qg7wmro3_1280.png

tumblr_nge1xqXSKH1qg7wmro2_1280.png

Dunno what to level now tho. Cresc just got his latest to level 80 too. He will play pistol/shield engie next and said that I should grab something that would make it a good duo. Dunno what that would be :p

Retro

Well I'm glad I didn't do my monthly now.

They're not changing the monthly until January;

With the launch of this new system, December will be the last month to include monthly achievements. The monthly achievements provided larger goals to players but were still fairly generic and repetitive, and they don’t fit well with the new reward paradigm. Because some of you have already made progress on your monthlies, we will leave them in for this final month, allowing you to earn bonus laurels.

Retro

Does daily achievements changing also mean changing Mystic Coin rewards or something?

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19976

According to the blog post, they'll now be rewarded just for logging in;

“What about the rewards from the existing daily and monthly achievements? What about the laurels and Mystic Coins?” you might be asking. Well, fear not!

Log-in Rewards
One of the things we want to do is reward players for being fans of Guild Wars 2. So we’ve moved the original rewards from daily and monthly achievements, thrown in some new items for good measure, and combined it all into a new bonus system that rewards players just for logging in to the game. The first time you log in each day, you’ll receive a new bonus reward. The items on this new reward track are not only a combination of the previous daily and monthly achievement rewards but also some additional items we’ve added, including bags full of trophies needed for crafting and an exotic equipment chest guaranteed to give you an item for the profession of your choice.

I would imagine mystic coins are rolling into that.

Somebody must be speculating they'll be harder to come by for the value to spike like that. Maybe you won't be guaranteed one every day anymore.

Zeroth

Wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those "speculations" where the ones making a profit are the ones starting it. Speculation never pays off after the release, specially baseless like this.

Trying to decide between Eternity or Bolt. If you could still do the underwater-aura stack thing, think I'd go Kraitkin.
Kraitkin can still give an aura on land, but I don't know what triggers it. I actually prefer it fixed, since flaking floating scales look odd on land to me.

Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
Bank Tabs
Bag Slots
Infinite Gathering Tools
How to Dance Volume 1
Everything else
Bank materials stack upgrades should be high on there, 250 isn't enough for a lot of them.

Mxrz

7 or 8 gold before the TP tax doesn't seem worth it. They'll either be worth more post patch, or about the same. Even if you want to buy a few stacks in the hope they'll be worth more later, there's just so many out there already.

squadr0n

What is the current best choice of weaponry for a thief at the present state? I've seen a lot of praise for dagger/pistol but that might be old news.

In also working on building a Warrior and was wondering if Axe/shield was good or just run Axe/Axe when I get there?

This down time is the perfect time for me to catch up. Destiny just keeps calling me to hit 30 already, I'm 29 with a lot of raid gear but it's impossible to hit 30+ without grinding commendation, ugh. Rant

Retro

Is this the digital heroic edition (with exp boosters and legacy armor) or just the base game? The store page doesn't seem to say. I'll send the link to a buddy of mine anyway. She chose Inquisition over it back when it was $20 last week.

They discontinued the base game and bumped the Heroic edition's price down a while ago, so that should be the Heroic Edition.

Last 3-4 months I think I've gotten a BLTC Key from a daily each month so I hope that is still a possibility somehow.

Also all my BLTC Salvage Kits (1-5 a month) came from dailies as well, so likewise I hope that's still a possibility.

Retro

I have it on good authority that daily achievement rewards will be a large number of minigame tickets and the new login reward system is actually a mandatory game of Battleship where you take one turn targeting a space each day until you or the CPU wins. Winning allows you to spin a randomized prize wheel that features nothing Kos Luftar wants.

There's something no one is talking about with the new daily rewards update. There is a picture with an item called "Essence of Gold" as one of the rewards. Is that like "Essence of Luck", but instead of increasing Magic Find it increases Gold Find?

Retro

There's something no one is talking about with the new daily rewards update. There is a picture with an item called "Essence of Gold" as one of the rewards. Is that like "Essence of Luck", but instead of increasing Magic Find it increases Gold Find?

I believe they mentioned your 28th login nets you a 1% gold find increase, so that's probably what it is.

Zeroth

I have it on good authority that daily achievement rewards will be a large number of minigame tickets and the new login reward system is actually a mandatory game of Battleship where you take one turn targeting a space each day until you or the CPU wins. Winning allows you to spin a randomized prize wheel that features nothing Kos Luftar wants.

yesjacknicholson.gif

swnny

This game's PvP became a fucking joke after the last update. It was terribad before, but now it's laughingly aweful. Not only the matchmaking is non-existend - it's turned off according to Justin, the PvP programer, (yea, kinda sad, but they really do have only one guy working on this system for almost a year now). Which means you are matched with and against players of all skill levels and party sizes, meaning you either faceroll them 500:10 or they faceroll you 10:500.
Of course, the leaderboard now is meaningless more then ever, with it being nothing else then "farm-able".
And lastly - Courtyard, Skyhammer and Spirit Watch as ranked maps... lol

I've been having a blast with the new PvP overhaul. I talked about it a bit in guild chat last night. The new interface is great, I love the pre-match checkbox readyup (reminds me of Dota/lol), and so far all my matches have been tense, really close calls. Perhaps one out of every ten matches was that annoying 50:500 steamroll, but those usually happened due to team composition. I do think the matchmaking needs to be a bit more aggressive on trying to equalize the professions - but since matches are found in like a second, I think they're likely focusing on speed over accuracy. That needs some tweaking.

I do find it funny though that for all the whining about Skyhammer, if it shows up on the map selector it gets overwhelming votes for it - while the new TDM map, a mode that was heavily shouted for, rarely gets any votes.

But since the map selector is a little rotating random picker like Mario Kart, at least there is still the chance for the TDM map to come up if I pick it. I've played on it a few times so far, and it's a blast - I like the new dynamics that come into play in TDM, reminds me a lot of Dragon Arena (which I wish they'd bring back). This PvP overhaul has me excited for PvP again, and I can see myself playing more.

Perhaps I was just lucky or it was the time of day, but I also noticed a lot less 'gtfo noob' and 'omg you're worst engie ever' since the update. If it drove away a lot of the angry tryhards, even better.

I have a whole bunch of Arena rental tokens, perhaps I should contribute them to the GAF arena if we still have one? I really want to play on that TDM map more.

ILH9cDF.jpg

That armour looks so badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom