• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Let's do a GAFractal this evening (7-8 pm est .) time can be altereted to earlier, but not later .

Preferably lvl 20+.

I need materials to get my rings and backpiece infused . ( i do not have any AR until then ).

Also out of curiosity : how well do pug fractal runs generally go ?

Callunah

Neo Member
Fun WvW run last night! Thanks to Modric, Thurb, Retro, Kos, Gagan, Dinopoke, Levyne, Zeroth, and Playtocrush (Zebra) for coming out and running a while! (and Zed for being "back up" assistance while running with other groups!) Hopefully I didnt leave anyone out... if I did, its cuz no coffee...and not cuz I dont appreciate you!

We got Josh levelled up by about 4 levels on his Guardian and all of the help and tips were appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Minamu

It's been a while since I played or read this topic. It seems my girlfriend is getting a new pc (laptop most likely) for Xmas so I'm just wondering if the game will go on sale around Xmas again. Not that you guys might know for sure but at least you do know how often it does :) Has there been an Xmas sale before?

Callunah

Neo Member
It's been a while since I played or read this topic. It seems my girlfriend is getting a new pc (laptop most likely) for Xmas so I'm just wondering if the game will go on sale around Xmas again. Not that you guys might know for sure but at least you do know how often it does :) Has there been an Xmas sale before?

One day earlier and you could have caught it for $20 on the Humble Store ... =*( alas, I just checked it, and its back to $39.99 Its been on sale a lot lately it seems... maybe you will luck out and be able to pick it up! Usually if anyone notices a sale... they post it here.. so keep checking back!

Minamu

One day earlier and you could have caught it for $20 on the Humble Store ... =*( alas, I just checked it, and its back to $39.99 Its been on sale a lot lately it seems... maybe you will luck out and be able to pick it up! Usually if anyone notices a sale... they post it here.. so keep checking back!
Great :lol Last time I saw its own specific sales thread, that was good xD I'll be coming back for sure.

Soloing with my Warrior is what I'm going for. I've got phase 1 down to the point that I can do it without taking a single hit, and phase 2 I can beat around half of my tries, but phase 3 just hasn't clicked yet. I get caught taking too much damage and not having my endurance ready for dodges when it really matters.
Have you already tried clerics gear with GS and mace/shield that have Energy sigils? With mace cooldown traited you should have enough invulnerability frames, no? Not sure how defiance works on Lupi solo, but if he gets only 3 stacks while soloing, then mace/shield has 3 interrupts; combine that with an interrupt utility skill when you suspect he's going to use a big move. If anything it'll buy you some endurance and preserve a dodge.

Have you already tried clerics gear with GS and mace/shield that have Energy sigils? With mace cooldown traited you should have enough invulnerability frames, no? Not sure how defiance works on Lupi solo, but if he gets only 3 stacks while soloing, then mace/shield has 3 interrupts; combine that with an interrupt utility skill when you suspect he's going to use a big move. If anything it'll buy you some endurance and preserve a dodge.

I think Lupi is immune to control effects.

I'm doing full berserker with GS and Axe/Sword. Sword has a Sigil of Energy. All the pieces are there for me to be able to do it, it's just going to take more practice.

Mxrz

Yeah, forget any praise I had for the match making system.

Gotta wonder if going into going into unranked with a full, inexperienced guild group and getting destroyed hasn't tanked whatever rating the game uses. 5 matches today, leaver or no show'er in each one. About as bad an experience as its possible to have at this point.

Emitan

Thank you, Zeroth for helping Ike and I with the end of Honor of the Waves story. That boss is pretty awful. No way to dodge the birds and the only way to remove them is to jump into the water. Plus he can one shot me (or come really close).

Zeroth

Thank you, Zeroth for helping Ike and I with the end of Honor of the Waves story. That boss is pretty awful. No way to dodge the birds and the only way to remove them is to jump into the water. Plus he can one shot me (or come really close).

No worries, though the birds go away after a few seconds. If you have blocks or Protection boons, you can endure the birds!

Emitan

No worries, though the birds go away after a few seconds. If you have blocks or Protection boons, you can endure the birds!

If I don't dodge twice during their full duration I die. If I dodge once I'm nearly dead. I guess I should spam Death Blossoms or something idk (using D/D, SB).

All that assuming no Aigis or Protection.

If I don't dodge twice during their full duration I die. If I dodge once I'm nearly dead. I guess I should spam Death Blossoms or something idk (using D/D, SB).

All that assuming no Aigis or Protection.
Shortbow 3 is a thief's best friend when low on dodge meter.

The best way to avoid the bird damage is by breaking line of sight with the boss. The birds stay on you, but you don't take damage.

Stopping the boss from following you is a lot easier when there are more people around to get his attention. Hence why our duo attempt wasn't going so well.

Thorgal

Good Fractal run today .

first had urban , then snowblind where the elemental gave us some trouble .

Dredge was smooth .

Mai trin gave us trouble due to that initial Agony hit and 2 people with no AR.

But after about 4-5 tries she went down .

Would like to run this again on a regular basis .

Need them infusions .

Would like to run this again on a regular basis .

Need them infusions .

I'm up for it. I have a friend who needs some relics for Mawdry who wouldn't mind joining where possible.

I need to capture a gif of the bossfight in Dredge - had a seriously clutch knockback that saved our butts.

Retro

Excellent Missions, everyone.

For those who were unable to attend or didn't get commendations for whatever reason, makeups are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific.

Wintersday is Tuesday!

Also a big shoutout to Cracklox, Kos, Ike and Metermaid for the excellent SE2 run. It's been at least a year and change since I've done it and it was quite fun. GAFgroups = best groups.

Brynn got left outside of the puzzle this time.

15297065494104768512_xnfb0.jpg

I took my Mesmer instead.

Here's our (successful) Mai Trin fight from before missions.

Had a blast for my first Guild meet (Rufus Lee). Made two great friends in Latharaes and Sir Ludo. I kinda made a half-serious reply earlier about how I never had a feel for a guild and whatnot. But really, not to get TOO serious, but I'm someone who's dealing with mental health and it's kinda scared off a lot of people and caused me to distance myself from the few who ever wanted to stay. I've played MANY games and attempted to be apart of just as many communities, but none of those places ever really felt "right". But I had a lot of fun tonight and felt a sense of camaraderie, and felt like I was ACTUALLY apart of something.

So yeah, thanks to everyone who showed up and those throughout my first (not even complete!) week and took me under their wing and made me feel welcomed to the community. Hope to see more of the same faces tomorrow and the weeks and weekends to follow. I may've won 10G tonight, but you guys were the real prize
that was cheesy on purpose, I promise

Anywho-- Enjoy my spam from the day! (Mostly as Rufus, one as Mogbin)

Cracklox

Also a big shoutout to Cracklox, Kos, Ike and Metermaid for the excellent SE2 run. It's been at least a year and change since I've done it and it was quite fun. GAFgroups = best groups.

That was great once we got it going. Killed everything in our path, didn't stack for shit, no wipes (maybe 1) and a pretty tense finish. For a split sec it looked like we might have messed up the boss...

Levyne

Banned
Had a blast for my first Guild meet (Rufus Lee). Made two great friends in Latharaes and Sir Ludo. I kinda made a half-serious reply earlier about how I never had a feel for a guild and whatnot. But really, not to get TOO serious, but I'm someone who's dealing with mental health and it's kinda scared off a lot of people and caused me to distance myself from the few who ever wanted to stay. I've played MANY games and attempted to be apart of just as many communities, but none of those places ever really felt "right". But I had a lot of fun tonight and felt a sense of camaraderie, and felt like I was ACTUALLY apart of something.

So yeah, thanks to everyone who showed up and those throughout my first (not even complete!) week and took me under their wing and made me feel welcomed to the community. Hope to see more of the same faces tomorrow and the weeks and weekends to follow. I may've won 10G tonight, but you guys were the real prize

Anywho-- Enjoy my spam from the day! (Mostly as Rufus, one as Mogbin)

Glad you had so much fun. Reading this put a smile on my face.

Thorgal

I'm up for it. I have a friend who needs some relics for Mawdry who wouldn't mind joining where possible.

I need to capture a gif of the bossfight in Dredge - had a seriously clutch knockback that saved our butts.

Thanks , i would like to run a fractal each day of the weekend in the best scenario but only once is also good .

Brynn got left outside of the puzzle this time.

I took my Mesmer instead.

Here's our (successful) Mai Trin fight from before missions.

thanks again for the run ( and rezzing my squishy butt so many times:p)

Retro

Gonna have to second Levyne's sentiment, these are the kind of posts I love seeing. Not only does it sound like the game is clicking with you (which is always great), but because our little community is acting as a multiplier on your enjoyment levels. Instead of focusing on any particular aspect of the game, we've paid the most attention to making sure everyone feels comfortable and welcome. So, posts like this are the payoff for that.

That was great once we got it going. Killed everything in our path, didn't stack for shit, no wipes (maybe 1) and a pretty tense finish. For a split sec it looked like we might have messed up the boss...

It looked like we were going to let the boss sit at a sliver of health and get Ike and Beard up to finish the other, so when you guys burned 'em down it was a bit of a surprise.

And yeah, that was my perfect kind of run; no stacking, no sneaking, no bullshit; everyone having fun, laughing and playing something that isn't the fastest, most efficient dungeon but is actually really cool content. We didn't wipe though, I'm pretty sure Kos was still up and just managed to get out of combat for us all to get back up. That was my mistake anyways, I see lots of patrols and automatically assume they're going to be an issue during the boss, but we ended up not needing to clear more than just a couple groups.

I wish the Guild treated me as well as they treat the new members.

People would treat you nicely* if you treated them nicely first.

I (sort of) soloed Giganticus Lupicus. I can at least demonstrate the possession of the basic knowledge and capability of managing the fight. It's a bit of a hollow victory since I needed help to make it to the end, but there's always next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4wfOzunGiQ

As a side note, Zeroth sent me this song to listen to while I fought, and that was my first try with it going in the background. So I guess that's all I needed to stay focused.

hythloday

I hate to say it, but I finally got around to the latest living story episode... and it's kind of a stinker so far. The story's good, execution of missions was bad. I don't think this has happened to me yet in Guild Wars 2, but I actually got pissed enough to log off right in the middle of one (
Caithe trying to sabotage the shields to knock Vorpp out
).

I just can't stand going through missions when I'm not my character. I don't want to use a bundle or a disguise and fumble through with skills that aren't my own. I rolled a Mesmer for a reason - using Mesmer skills appealed to me. This mission was actually worse - not only was I not me, but I was hardly using not-me's skills.
Stand there and wait in stealth and time up your sabotage fucking perfectly unless you want to get jumped by 6 golems. Then (possibly) die.
Frustratingly enough, I probably could have easily handled some of the "you fucked up, time to die" moments on my Mesmer, whose skills I'm familiar with.

Not everything can appeal to everyone, I guess. I like bosses with interesting mechanics. We've had really good ones so far. Perhaps I just kinda suck at
thief skills
or am just uncoordinated (likely) but this was probably the worst LS episode for me. Again, not the story, just the action. Haven't finished it yet, not looking forward to trying it again.

Ludovico

Hey, that's us!

But I had a lot of fun tonight and felt a sense of camaraderie, and felt like I was ACTUALLY apart of something.

Glad I could play a small part in all this, hope to see you online again soon.
Big shout out to gaf for being such a great, supportive guild. I never feel like I'm excluded or a burden because I'm not a hardcore player, and I've seen so much more of what gw2 has to offer because of that attitude.

Emitan

I kinda made a half-serious reply earlier about how I never had a feel for a guild and whatnot. But really, not to get TOO serious, but I'm someone who's dealing with mental health and it's kinda scared off a lot of people and caused me to distance myself from the few who ever wanted to stay. I've played MANY games and attempted to be apart of just as many communities, but none of those places ever really felt "right". But I had a lot of fun tonight and felt a sense of camaraderie, and felt like I was ACTUALLY apart of something.

This makes me super happy to hear. You're not the only one with mental health problems. I'm glad that you're fitting in with the guild because it's one of the greatest communities I've ever been a part of. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom