• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

ooh
World vs. World: Sneak Attack

Come join in the World vs. World Sneak Attack! From December 16 through January 13, with every player kill in WvW, you’ll gain a point toward your world score. Use a finisher while your world has Borderlands Bloodlust to earn your world another point toward victory. To be extra sneaky, objectives under attack will not display white swords for the duration of this event. Creep in under the radar to shake things up or patrol your objectives and raise the alarm to your world to keep sneaks off your assets. To celebrate this event, we are introducing the Mist War Summons effect, which will give players +15% WXP, +50% magic find in WvW, and +15% experience on kills in WvW.
This special event gives us an opportunity to freshen up play by bending the rules of WvW, and we’re excited to try out some new things and offer improved rewards for a limited time.

I smell a guild event coming up .

New computer means I want to try out new settings for GW2 graphics. What are y'all using these days? Downsampling? Is Sweet FX still the go to program? If so, what settings are people using?

SweetFX (DarkD3 was abandoned by its author), the Ev's GeeDubz setting from the Settings Database, and downsampling when I feel like it. Nvidia's made it really easy to downsample, a 4K res just shows up in games that when picked, boom - downsampling.

Thorgal

I don't actually think Mai would be that hard. Warrior has three blocks that stop her pistol shot/shadowstep, and it's just a matter of kiting her around after that.
Well in that case we should ask Peck to put you in a private map so you can start soloing world bosses. :p

Lunar15

SweetFX (DarkD3 was abandoned by its author), the Ev's GeeDubz setting from the Settings Database, and downsampling when I feel like it. Nvidia's made it really easy to downsample, a 4K res just shows up in games that when picked, boom - downsampling.

Nice, I just picked up an Nvidia 970. Don't know if that's enough to truly downsample without issue, though.

Also, I really like the look of that GeeDubz setting. I'll try it out.

Levyne

Banned
Nice, I just picked up an Nvidia 970. Don't know if that's enough to truly downsample without issue, though.

Also, I really like the look of that GeeDubz setting. I'll try it out.

I think Ike plays at 4k some with a 970. That must be his secret.

I have a 780 and play at something like 2560x1600 (16:10)

Edit: Note that the UI scales as well, though. Setting to largest in-game UI size at my resolution seems to be fine, any higher and it gets small.

I mostly play at 2880x1620 (2.25x native resolution). 4K runs just as well, but I can't read the tiny text comfortably. I use that for screenshots most of the time though.

The places where you'll drop frames tend to be CPU limited cases, like large zergs at world bosses.

Thorgal

Speaking of pictures , everytime i pass by there i cannot help but take a picture .

gw22014-12-1500-35-24x1u58.jpg

Retro

Yep. I'd post the ol' "it's fucking nothing!" gif, but... the music in the Living Story has been pretty damn good so that's not exactly true. Still, folks actually expecting expansion-level news were setting themselves up for disappointment.

Tech-Wolf

I don't know why everyone though it would be something really huge, anyway at least the new soundtrack they have been pumping in the game is really good, hope they make a CD for it someday.

I don't know why everyone though it would be something really huge, anyway at least the new soundtrack they have been pumping in the game is really good, hope they make a CD for it someday.

Not "everyone" thought that, just a small, vocal, eternally discontent group seem to have the habit of hyping every little thing up to the point of ludicrousness, and then when they are inevitably let down use that disappointment to fuel their perpetual hate-gaming.

Or, a bunch of people are just silly and never learn, and aren't happy with what they got.

It says it has regen...is that actually a factor? Because I'm pretty sure I have soloed one, but I kind of doubt I did if it has serious regen.

Or is this some dumb joke? :p
He gain flurry stacks of he hits you. At 25 stacks it's 1 hit kill maybe even less than 25 stacks might be 1 hit if you are zerker.

Flurry can be taken off if you dodge his attacks 4 times I think.

The only place you'd really get a chance to try soloing one would be in CoE.

The event in Cursed Shore always gets swarmed with dozens of people throwing themselves forward to give free stacks of Frenzy.

Surprised this didn't get talked about more. Subreddit reader survey, but still informative:

http://imgur.com/a/SdO5k

This was for Echoes of the Past.

xxDw3wO.png

Interesting that Engineer is still the least played class. Mesmer's gone way up since launch.

Obviously, this is a tiny sampling (thousand people), and only samples people from the subreddit, so it's not "true" in any way.

Zeroth

Retro

Let's try not to ever see these sorts of posts wrt our guild.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143476228&postcount=94

Reminds me to say "hello" back when people speak up in chat, especially with newer players.

What an incredibly sad story, and I hope no one in GAFGuild ever feels that way (though stories like this give me how that they don't).

I make it a point to speak up in guild chat, if someone is asking for a dungeon I'll at least say "Sorry, can't at the moment" so folks don't feel like they're being ignored (though I usually volunteer for dungeons if I have time too). I always worry that I'm just chatting to myself and being annoying though.

For what it's worth, I have game messages turned off (I get tired of my chat window getting spammed with loot notices) so I don't see when people sign on and off. People have to say hello first, sadly. I wish they split guild / friend login messages away from loot messages.

Retro

On a completely different note

why are Thorgal and Varix troll rank now

No clue, I think maybe someone (coughkoscough) has been abusing their power, I'll switch em back. In fact, the troll rank itself was supposed to be a practical joke, so that's going away. Everyone will just have to figure out Adriaaa's schtick on their own.

Cathcart

Did I dun do grafix rite? I used DSR at 4x my native 1080p resolution. Miktar, I used that preset for SweetFX you reccomended, at least I think I did. I can never honestly tell, lol.

I saw these and instantly heard my Sylvari Mesmer's voice say "So pretty."

Thorgal

No clue, I think maybe someone (coughkoscough) has been abusing their power, I'll switch em back. In fact, the troll rank itself was supposed to be a practical joke, so that's going away. Everyone will just have to figure out Adriaaa's schtick on their own.
Damn. stripped from my new rank already.:p

docbon

Let's try not to ever see these sorts of posts wrt our guild.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143476228&postcount=94

Reminds me to say "hello" back when people speak up in chat, especially with newer players.

It'll never happen because there's usually no one to greet you back.

~ded gaim~

To be honest though, I don't think i've ever seen that dude in-game, and I play regularly in the FC he's talking about. I think there's just a big dip in the player count during the hours he plays, and the people that do play during that time period just keep to themselves. Things don't get popping until evening, east coast.

I troll ranked them because in my twisted mind thier comments towards me incited Retro to Moose Turd me during guild missions.

I will abuse my power to create troll 2.0 rank.

Awesome pictures Lunar and Rufus Lee (Frecklestein).

Last night I got the Wicked Rodeo achievement which is given for completing the "No Refuge" mission in challenge mode (which is not like previous challenge modes that let you retry it just makes run harder if I'm not mistaken).

Seemes like when you are Caithe and you use the Elite skill which makes you invisible your #1 skill changes to at instant teleport to enemy attack which does crazy damage.

Also best way to kill Elementals is using Caithes Caltrops skill, I guess bleeding hurts them way more than direct damage.

Now I just got 1 more achievement from each instance left and I'll be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom