• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

We're almost 2000 posts away from OT5!

:)

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Your heart is like a thorn in my side

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We will heart you if you play with us, otherwise, thorn off

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Thorns, Hearts, and Dragons, oh my!

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Expansion Prep: Just buy the base game!

That last one could be used if they reveal the expansion is free

Retro

Guild Mission makeups in ~30 minutes!
If you received your commendations last night, your help is still appreciated helping others earn theirs!

Spyware

Let us have proper world lighting without rim-lighting that moves based on camera instead of light sources. >..>
Ooooh. I hate that. I can't play with shaders on high since that bright white light coming straight from the right side drives me insane. It destroys so many otherwise nice pics I find. Same with the outline on characters with post-processing on. Why can't people at least target something out of frame when they take screens with PP on? Don't they see how it borks the whole pic? Argh I can't stand it! (yes, I take screenshotting very seriously :D)

Medium shaders and no post-processing when I play. Sometimes I go to low shaders when screenshotting Sylvari so they don't look like they are made out of plastic...

358 pages so far. 42 more till OT5...bit premature yet I think.

I am wishing for GW2:HoT to just be Living World 2.0 and Feature Pack 2.0 .

Jeez what weapon is that??

A skin you can unlock when you get enough Achievement Points. Part of the Zenith Weapon set.

t1422117000z2.png

Ashodin

What I miss from WoW are procs tied to weapons. I know you can interchange, but that just makes them feel like... I dunno, less special?

Levyne

Banned
Had a pretty nice Aetherpath run today. It wasn't flawless, but we never really hit any true wall. Ooze room just took a little shuffling of kiters and elemental killers, couple licks against slick bros until we (I) really learned to stop letting the ooze one shot me. We had to form a strategy to pull out the foreman to kill him first, and clockwork boss only took a couple fresh tries (the first try when you have to go from disabling the generators straight into the boss fight was a pretty long failure and probably took more time off the clock than the 2 tries after.)

And we hit all of the optional events and chests afterwards.

If I can one day avoid touching the floor in the trap room I'll get the mini.

All told, based on my utilityI think it took like two hours, but the boss was dead not long after 1:30.

Thanks Zero, Ike, apple, and salad for accompanying me.

Aetherpath is a good dungeon, I feel. If a bit too long.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| No Tanks or Healers, only Unity
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| It's either this or a MOBA.
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| All that vinegar and salt and yet..
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Welcome to the Jungle Dragon
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Do we make you Thorny baby?
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Where we're going, we don't need subs.
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| More popular than ESO and WildStar combined, according to Reddit.
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| 877 days and still not dead.
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Now with additional dragon!

Jira

I think that finding out just what it is ANet is announcing will have a big impact on the OT name. People keep making gigantic lists of stuff they expect based on other MMO xpacks, but ANet is going to do something different, they're going to innovate in ways no one has thought of. Some of these people will be disappointed that it's not Traditional MMO Expansion 101, but that's not ANet's style. The base game was their answer to MMOs, Living World and Feature Packs in 1 month/2 week cycles were their answer to the update cycle for MMOs, HoT is their answer to the MMO expansion model.

Ludovico

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| The Trees are Leafing
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Cantha Turn Back Now
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| March to Mordremoth

Huge thanks to Retro, Beard, and Kos for letting me tag along in SW last night.
Had a blast, picked up a ton of loot, and feel a little bit better about jumping in with
randoms from now on.
In other news...
I need some short and long-term goals for my characters,
thinking of prioritizing Personal Story and map completion for two characters,
then just use a third for world bosses and guild events....

Ashodin

Burning Guardian set updated for new meta boys

We in on that patch

edit: Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Actually it's about ethics in horticulture

spiritfox

Can we talk about the Superior Sigil of Cleansing? It removes 1 condition upon weapon swap, with the standard 9 sec ICD. Why isn't this sigil more popular, especially on Engies who need condi removal and works especially well with weapon swap runes? It works better than Purity since you don't have to be hit for a chance of it proccing, and it's much much cheaper than Generosity (holy shit 100g for a sigil). It's account bound but the recipe is dirt cheap and purchasable on the TP.

pyros

I just finished the silverwaste drydock jumping puzzle and got the achievement and was able to open the chest, but an alert said I missed a milestone, does this make any difference?

Retro

I just finished the silverwaste drydock jumping puzzle and got the achievement and was able to open the chest, but an alert said I missed a milestone, does this make any difference?

Nah, you're good. I've had that pop up a few times too.

The message isn't a problem. But make sure you do the new Diving Goggle location before you leave the puzzle!

Just finishing up Echoes of the Past... GOAT living story chapter so far with all the lore. Ended up reading every book in the Priory's little secret area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom