• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

So much character talk, so few pics. Makes me sad!

Here, have a sylvari mesmer I'm currently leveling.
tumblr_nb8gzfDEOX1qg7wmro2_1280.png

Also, I was completely right about the Arcane outfit releasing today. It's really nice.

Ashodin

Kezua, lvl 20, my second Warrior. I'm going to use her for all the things I can't do with my main Warrior. He is stuck with Greatsword / Longbow, so I feel there is much of the class that is not being utilized.

Right now, playing with Mace/Axe and Axe/Mace. It's a strange combo. I feel the Hammer feels solid, as do the rifle. Lots of options to play with. I'll see how it goes, moving forward. I have an idea of how I want her to look. Some sort of Phalanx / Barbaric based. I'm thinking Mad Max, but with some sexyness in there.

This Arcane outfit reminds me of a Dervish. The_shaman datamined some blind-headband thing today as well! Looks like Dervish a lot!

I miss Elona and Cantha, a lot. Like really a lot. It's like the one who got away, only as a software expansion.

Emitan

This Arcane outfit reminds me of a Dervish. The_shaman datamined some blind-headband thing today as well! Looks like Dervish a lot!

I miss Elona and Cantha, a lot. Like really a lot. It's like the one who got away, only as a software expansion.

I thought dervishes wore hoods

ritualists wore blindfolds

We did 5 mesmer CoF1 tonight. Like pros. I'm pretty sure the rest of the party is deleting their other characters right now.

I had no traits and was wearing lvl 60-70 gear ;( We had to blow 4 mass invisibilities to get through the door switch part. Hilarious. We only actually wiped *once*, and it's because 1. I'm an idiot and didn't realize that mesmer downed 2 moves you away (and thus out of the brazier) and 2. the person opening the door switch didn't know how to open the door switch lol.

BUBBLES EVERYWHERe

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand a picture because we're doing show and tell. I love the carapace set :D

Cathcart

My mesmer is a charr lady.
My mesmer is a suave as fuck norn
My memser is kind of a Beast (Disney) wannabe.:p
Thanks everyone for sharing stories about your best characters! All mesmer guild missions are gonna be awesome!

Salad Mesmer best Mesmer. That said, I need to stop neglecting my Mesmer.
Possibly the two best sentences in this thread.

I might change my mesmer to something else. Maybe a sylvari. Just because the only sylvari I have is my 2nd guardian
It's like everyone in here makes the most sense. Such proud.

Here, have a sylvari mesmer I'm currently leveling.
Wow that looks great. I like the shoulder thingy.

We had to blow 4 mass invisibilities to get through the door switch part. Hilarious. We only actually wiped *once*, and it's because 1. I'm an idiot and didn't realize that mesmer downed 2 moves you away (and thus out of the brazier) and 2. the person opening the door switch didn't know how to open the door switch lol.
So diplomatic, haha, "the person." I was doing the right thing! My damage is just bad so it took too long the first time. I almost used Time Warp the second time, lol. I need to spend some money and get a full set of good runes and signets. Probably spend some laurels and get a fancy amulet, too.

Anyway, what I usually do for that part when I'm not going to the gate is use Phantasmal Defender and healing signet of gimmie more phantasms. Then I use decoy if things get rough, but between defender and Blurred Frenzy (with sword cooldown trait, natch) you can avoid a whole lot of damage.

So diplomatic, haha, "the person." I was doing the right thing! My damage is just bad so it took too long the first time.

I didn't want to call you out ahah. I wasn't paying attention the first time round, I just died and you said "idk what I'm supposed to do in there" afterwards so I just assumed you didn't know. Sorry 0_0

Spoiler embargo is gone!! SYLVARI VS WORLD LET'S GO YOU RACIST JERKS

Tendo

Time for my annual "redownload GW2, cant' figure out what class to play because I like them all, then drift away because I can't focus."

Cathcart

I wasn't paying attention the first time round, I just died and you said "idk what I'm supposed to do in there" afterwards so I just assumed you didn't know. Sorry 0_0
Yeah it's k. I was confused because I was hitting the controller and all of a sudden I was getting knocked back. Then Lev said it was because you guys were dying. So I thought I was doing it wrong but actually I was probably just too slow.

Spoiler embargo is gone!! SYLVARI VS WORLD LET'S GO YOU RACIST JERKS
Aw man I'm still on chapter 5. Sounds like good stuff, though.

Yeah it's k. I was confused because I was hitting the controller and all of a sudden I was getting knocked back. Then Lev said it was because you guys were dying. So I thought I was doing it wrong but actually I was probably just too slow.

Aw yeah that was 100% my fault then. Too squishy, died too fast. I need to properly equip my alts =P

Aw man I'm still on chapter 5. Sounds like good stuff, though.

To be fair, Levyne already spoiled that for you over the weekend lol. <__< You should get working on those, I really liked the most recent story :D

Cathcart

Aw yeah that was 100% my fault then. Too squishy, died too fast. I need to properly equip my alts =P
I think the important thing is that we all realize we need to be more mesmer.

To be fair, Levyne already spoiled that for you over the weekend lol. <__< You should get working on those, I really liked the most recent story :D
There were 3 times I had to redo story instances because I left in the middle to do dungeons :p

jk plz keep let me go to dungeons

My mesmer is a SPACE CAPTAIN

Embargo up? Great. BURN ALL SYLVARI.

Having a real death by snu snu moment here.

Lunar15

I knew all y'all son's o' bitches were dragonspawn. Knew it since day one!

Told Retro we should never let 'em in the guild, I did.

Never trust anyone you can't take near a campfire.

There were 3 times I had to redo story instances because I left in the middle to do dungeons :p

jk plz keep let me go to dungeons

Well, I appreciate you coming to hang out with us :D You need to check your Steam when I poke you for dungeons though, that's the whole point of having each other on Steam :mad:

Lunar @ When I see people with the Raiper, the first thing I think is; good taste, sir. The second thing I think, it's fucking insane to think about how many weapons they have added to this game! I often forget all the champion loot weapons!

Need a Race Change Item so I do not have to feel so dirty about having a Sylvari.

Having a Slyvari is like opening your fridge and the only thing in there is a iceberg salad head. I think I'm just gonna eat that porcelain plate instead.

Sylvari needs dressing.

Lunar15

Lunar @ When I see people with the Raiper, the first thing I think is; good taste, sir. The second thing I think, it's fucking insane to think about how many weapons they have added to this game! I often forget all the champion loot weapons!

The only thing I don't like about the Rapier is that it's too good!

No, seriously: it's too good. It's basically the only sword worth taking.

I like the Arcane outfit, but again: it's an outfit. I'd much rather get a set so I can mix and match the parts with other sets.

Retro

Nice look, Retro.

Thanks. I purposely made her to use Mawdrey because it looks perfect for a Sylvari Mesmer (It's a plant, purple/pink and has that ripply chaos effect). I figured this was a good opportunity to have a more scantily clad female character since all of the others I have are conservatively dressed or adorable.

Also, I was completely right about the Arcane outfit releasing today. It's really nice.

Oh nice, I was hoping that would be out before I started another character. My mesmer leveled using a combination of the Arctic outfit (easily my favorite outfit so far) and Jungle outfit since her armor was always a mishmash. I dunno what class / race I'll do next but the Arcane outfit would be nice to cover up the leveling gear too.

Leaning towards Charr Engineer, I just need to pick a gender.

There's a ton of cool Order of Whispers places, some of which you have to be a member to get into.

Wow some insane /age stats around here. Do you guys even play other games?

Of course. I've got a shitload of hours (+1000) racked up in Starbound and it technically hasn't released yet. I beat the South Park RPG last week and I'm stalling on beating Shovel Knight. Getting in some short rounds of Spelunky every so often, and I'll probably pick Shadows of Mordor back up here in the near future. I need to get Dark Souls' stupid GFWL fix handled so maybe I can finally play that too. And I had a bunch of Wii points just collecting dust, so I bought Castlevania: Rebirth and might snag another NES / SNES game with what I have left over.

GW2 is definitely my most played game for the last two years or so, but when I run out of things to do or just don't feel like playing, I wander off and play other stuff. Or draw / watch TV (currently getting caught up on Archer) / read (rarely, lately, I need to get back into the habit) / whatever.

Time for my annual "redownload GW2, cant' figure out what class to play because I like them all, then drift away because I can't focus."

That's a tough one to crack because I kinda have the same problem (with the exception of Necro, which just hasn't 'clicked' with me yet) but force myself to only have one active alt at a time. Doesn't keep me from jumping on my other characters, but it does give me a focus if I want to be 'productive' in a sense.

You could always roll 1d8.
JUWnj.gif

The only thing I don't like about the Rapier is that it's too good!

Yeah, I was gonna rock a combo of Rapier and the Ascended Violet Greatsword for my mesmer, but I had the Chaos skins and I've been decluttering my bank lately so I figured I'd use 'em instead. I'm sure in a couple of months I'll want to change her look though.

Cathcart

I have a rapier but I transmuted to Sylvari cultural sword. Because culture.

You need to check your Steam when I poke you for dungeons though, that's the whole point of having each other on Steam :mad:
Yeah, problem is I wasn't near the computer. I'm not sure why I didn't get a notification from the phone app though. Gotta look into that.

Yeah, problem is I wasn't near the computer. I'm not sure why I didn't get a notification from the phone app though. Gotta look into that.

Yeah, I don't get Steam chat notifications on my phone sometimes either. I always get the "something from your wishlist is on sale!" notification, but never that anyone is actually talking to me. If I open the app and look at my recent conversations I'll see something there, but no notification... zzz

Quenk

Yeah, I don't get Steam chat notifications on my phone sometimes either. I always get the "something from your wishlist is on sale!" notification, but never that anyone is actually talking to me. If I open the app and look at my recent conversations I'll see something there, but no notification... zzz

The Steam app is pretty trash at times. Occasionally, it'll just log me in on my phone without me doing anything.

I should also play my mesmer more often. I hit 80 and then I haven't done much. I need to equip/trait it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom