• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

so after looking at stuff I think I am gonna get a second account.
since the daily log ins get you 55 Laurel, and it seems that you can convert them into Heavy Crafting Bag for around a gold per, each month the second account would get around 50 gold, which is around 300 gems or so, which means every 3 months with just the daily log ins from the second account I could get a character slot on my main account (a $10 value) and thus after 3 months it would just be a currency generator for my main account at the worst case, while it would still have more slots for characters I want to goof around with.

on a different thought, how do the guild wars 2 people feel about account sharing? as in I would make sure to log into my alt account on a daily basis but my friend might play it from time to time?

It's also an absurd amount of storage because you can just buy a ton of something and leave it in your trader inbox, not to mention more personal/guild banks if you mail back and forth. I'll probably pick one up for similar reasons.

zulux21

It's also an absurd amount of storage because you can just buy a ton of something and leave it in your trader inbox, not to mention more personal/guild banks if you mail back and forth. I'll probably pick one up for similar reasons.

yeah that was the other thing I was looking at since even at my highest level character being only level 22 I am already out of room for a number of my materials (as in I can't deposit them anymore) so if I ever want to seriously craft I will need a lot more room @_@

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thanks TSS!

so this is going to sound ridiculously stupid I believe, but I never even considered before that two accounts you own would be able to mail items and gold back and forth to one another. I always just think about how the bank wouldn't be shared and you couldn't transfer items that way.

hythloday

on a different thought, how do the guild wars 2 people feel about account sharing? as in I would make sure to log into my alt account on a daily basis but my friend might play it from time to time?

I think a lot of people do it, but officially it's probably a violation of the EULA. I haven't looked at it lately though but lots of games ban account sharing just because it's a huge risk. Even if you trust your friend he/she might fall prey to a virus or something and then gold sellers get your account info via a keylogger.

anyway sorry for the off-topic. not at alllllllllll my style to reach out but it's been an unusually off day to say the least. really appreciate it.

Don't apologize, I like to think this is a friendly place where we can step out of the game and talk about our real lives once in a while. Hospitals are great for society, but being there (either as a patient or as a visitor, I have experience with both!) totally sucks. It's definitely a lot of waiting. It also feels a bit... dehumanizing, if that makes sense. It's like they make a huge deal about HIPAA and privacy but then they stick you in a room with other patients who can overhear your entire conversations with the doctor, and you're poked with needles whenever the fuck they want, and you can't really rest ever til you're discharged. And when you go as a visitor, you just feel terrible for your family and helpless to really do anything but be there. I hope they figure out what's going on soon and your sister gets well soon. <3 Tell her the internet hopes she feels better!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hahahaha oh that's just what I'll tell her <3 I appreciate the kind words. she's definitely feeling that cannot actually rest bit. She's been all psuedo-sleepy all day but has got one of them "power" type jobs and kept talking about a presentation she was supposed to give this morning. hah :p They at least got her a room since I was there last and she was still in an ER bed (after 13 hours)!

zulux21

I think a lot of people do it, but officially it's probably a violation of the EULA. I haven't looked at it lately though but lots of games ban account sharing just because it's a huge risk. Even if you trust your friend he/she might fall prey to a virus or something and then gold sellers get your account info via a keylogger.

thanks for the response, I think I instead just managed to talk him into buying him and his GF copies :p

Mxrz

Guys I need class advice.

Hmm. Almost all weapon skills are about doing damage in some fashion. In D/D specific, Two is the money skill below 50%. 3 is a snazzy evade, 4 is the chase down skill, and 5 is part of stealth cheese. Sword is a bit more brainless since spam 2 about covers it

You can make new characters, go into the mist/pvp lobby and beat up dummies, too. Might give you a better grasp than being skill-locked in pve.

Made the same bladder three times tonight. Geh.

I would love to jump on another account for that price, just to run world boss train dual boxing, but my second PC is old ass dual core, it''s got 8gb of memory and a decent video card but that CPU would explode at Shaman lol.. i got a Laptop that can run the game fine on built in GPU, intel HD 4000, i7, and 8gb of memory, damn do i double dip?

Lunar15

Didn't know Anet was going to add a Canada Outfit to the gemstore...

B7-RtJbCQAErsUB.jpg:large

The backpiece looks pretty great. Hope it's not too expensive.

Seriously though, I can't get over how much this looks like an honest-to-god thing Anet would create.

Thorgal

Hah , glitching Turmaine in CM 2 never fails to make that fight piss easy , if a bit boring .

Also have my hug though Hawk .
Hopefully she makes a speedy recovery.

Arcayne

Thats it, I canceled my WoW sub tonight. Been spending the past 3 nights playing GW2 and oh my god, I'm having a blast. Quite possibly the most fun I've had with a game in a long, long, looooong time. My GF is immensely enjoying the game as well!

With that said, is there room in the GAF guild? our usernames are CrayToes.9628 & Fairedufeau.8935

Please and thank you :)

Thats it, I canceled my WoW sub tonight. Been spending the past 3 nights playing GW2 and oh my god, I'm having a blast. Quite possibly the most fun I've had with a game in a long, long, looooong time. My GF is immensely enjoying the game as well!

With that said, is there room in the GAF guild? our usernames are CrayToes.9628 & Fairedufeau.8935

Both invited. Happy to have you aboard.

zulux21

welcome aboard, I am sure you will surpass me in level quickly enough :p

glad to have you join us here and leave the evil evil wow (wow destroyed 4 of my friends lives... thus I kind of resent it >.>)

GAF Guild don't play. Except with each other in game! :)

I need to get my main higher up so that I can actually play the end game missions with the guild :p

Retro

Didn't know Anet was going to add a Canada Outfit to the gemstore...

It's missing something though...

koseci3t.jpg

There. Much better.

I need to get my main higher up so that I can actually play the end game missions with the guild :p

Don't rush it. With the exception of a few outliers, most of the missions are in the 15-45 range. And trust me, some of the high level ones (particularly those that start with K and end with tears), you'll want any excuse you can not to do them.

Be sure to check out Miktar's very excellent "Essential Guild Mission Waypoints" post.

zulux21

Don't rush it. With the exception of a few outliers, most of the missions are in the 15-45 range. And trust me, some of the high level ones (particularly those that start with K and end with tears), you'll want any excuse you can not to do them.

Be sure to check out Miktar's very excellent "Essential Guild Mission Waypoints" post.

oh don't worry, the following will make sure I don't rush it.
Doctor Who
Tales of xillia 1/2
Disgaea d2
guided fate paradox

as my goal is to finish/catch up on all of those by the end of feb.

as for the waypoint list, it's nice, but my play style is typically run around and find all the waypoints on the map doing whatever I come across while doing that... so it shouldn't be an issue :p

Ashodin

Canaduh Armor

(4): Equip a hockey stick in place of your weapon. All skills chill your enemy.

(6): 25% to yell "EH!" after every chat message.

Spyware

Anyone know if guild banks are shared between regions? I'd like to buy another account to play with my brother on EU servers but if I can't share stuff between my accounts via guild bank it makes it less appealing.

i could use a hug gafguild, if anybody has a spare
Of course! Many hugs and I really hope she makes a speedy recovery! (Cresc sends hugs too!)

Bree

Anyone know if guild banks are shared between regions? I'd like to buy another account to play with my brother on EU servers but if I can't share stuff between my accounts via guild bank it makes it less appealing.

Guild banks are cross-region as of the last feature pack. Personally, I'm finding the guild bank to not be all that useful. Mostly everything I want to horde is account bound bs. So about the only thing I have in my bank is the numerous stacks of snowflakes I'll never ever use.

Canaduh Armor

(4): Equip a hockey stick in place of your weapon. All skills chill your enemy.

(6): 25% to yell "EH!" after every chat message.

+A new secondary attribute called "I'am sorry" that makes the NPC say "I'am sorry every time it is struck, out loud. It migrates the damage based on the characters armor - minus the amount of ferocity, which serves as as penalty with Canada armor.

Spyware

Guild banks are cross-region as of the last feature pack. Personally, I'm finding the guild bank to not be all that useful. Mostly everything I want to horde is account bound bs. So about the only thing I have in my bank is the numerous stacks of snowflakes I'll never ever use.
Ah, nice to hear. I know they merged guild banks with the feature pack but didn't know if it was restricted to regions still.
Yeah the things I horde for my main account (in my banks and on many many characters) are mostly account bound. I'm probably mostly gonna use the bank for storing gold since that's a no-no to send with mail.

Minamu

Speaking of thieves, my gf is getting quite frustrated playing with her new thief (around lvl 25) because she keeps dying considerably more now than with her previous ranger and necro. I read someone here saying that the thief has more of a wall than a curve when it comes to learning it, maybe that's why she's having a hard time? Is there anything in particular she should keep in mind while playing as a thief?

Nabbis

So, im wondering if i should buy this again for 10bucks and play with GAF on a US server... How active is the guild and the games community?

Of course! Many hugs and I really hope she makes a speedy recovery! (Cresc sends hugs too!)

I don't think Guild Banks are shared between NA and EU regions. Only within their respective regions. So an EU account with its own guild bank, can't share stuff with an NA account via the guild bank.

So, im wondering if i should buy this again for 10bucks and play with GAF on a US server... How active is the guild and the games community?

GAF guild is always active and so full we have to keep culling people. The game's community is massive and has never died down since launch, it's only gotten more active.

Nabbis

GAF guild is always active and so full we have to keep culling people. The game's community is massive and has never died down since launch, it's only gotten more active.

Okay, sounds nice. How about the changes since the introduction of ascended gear? I remember leaving due to the devs focusing on a new gear treadmill and a lack of other content.

Hyunashi

The game's community is massive and has never died down since launch, it's only gotten more active.

It sure helps that the implementation of mega servers make maps less barren than they probably are. Also, the WvW community has died down significantly.

Okay, sounds nice. How about the changes since the introduction of ascended gear? I remember leaving due to the devs focusing on a new gear treadmill and a lack of other content.

There still is a lack of content. Tune in to the PAX South presentation tomorrow though. If it is what the community hopes it to be
(An expansion over another crappy chapter in the Living Story model)
, it would be a great time to come back.

Spyware

I don't think Guild Banks are shared between NA and EU regions. Only within their respective regions. So an EU account with its own guild bank, can't share stuff with an NA account via the guild bank.
I just sent my brother (on Piken EU) both gold and a stack of snowflakes through the shared storage guild we have, so guild banks are confirmed as global :)

Speaking of thieves, my gf is getting quite frustrated playing with her new thief (around lvl 25) because she keeps dying considerably more now than with her previous ranger and necro. I read someone here saying that the thief has more of a wall than a curve when it comes to learning it, maybe that's why she's having a hard time? Is there anything in particular she should keep in mind while playing as a thief?

She should know she's going to die a lot. Though I suppose that's already evident. Thief is the squishiest class and has only one medium range dps option (short bow) and zero long range option. So what she should know that when playing her Thief, she's going to have to focus on avoidance as mitigation, even when killing normal mobs. This means lots of kiting, dodging, and stealth dancing.

The toughest thing for a Thief are the mob groups of 3-4 enemies. For those, she'll want to have a Shortbow either as her secondary weapon or at least in her bags to switch to. It's 1,2, and 3, attacks are all viable for group damage. It's 5 also improves mobility, which helps with kiting.

Thief isn't really hard to learn so much as it's hard to Master. However that really doesn't get reflected in the leveling process. Leveling a Thief solo will result in a lot of dying. On the upside, it prepares you for WvW in the sense that you'll be used to trying to avoid damage rather than tanking it. So... there's that.

Jira

Except they never introduced a treadmill and they have introduced more varied types of content over 2 years than any other video game ever has.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
there's no gear treadmill by any remote stretch of the imagination, even ascended gear itself (which remains the "top") is wholly unnecessary. more of a timesink for those that want one and a source of profit for me :p if you weren't satisfied with the content though the additions probably won't win you back over.

Spyware

I have three complete sets of ascended armor and I don't even use them except for three parts for the looks. That's how insignificant they are :p

Thorgal

Though choice this weekend with the double experience boost .

Do i level my Mesmer, My ranger , my engie or my thief ?

How would i make the best possible use of all that exp ?

Levyne

Banned
I eventually wanna make ascended armor for heavy and light (halfway done with light) but don't wanna pay for them for classes I barely play. Hopefully I'll just get a bunch of lucky fractal drops or something.

Ascended trinkets, outside of the backpiece, have been fairly trivial to get, for me. I suppose rings could be a lot harder if you don't do fractals, but if you don't do fractals there's not a ton of incentive for ascended gear anyways.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ascended trinkets are totally worthwhile. Most of them were added to the game alongside the currencies used to purchase them in the most efficient way, so they weren't really sinks of any kind. They're all earned either without effort (laurels) or by doing things I find fun (guild missions and fractals). I also jumped straight from Green or Rare Amulets/Rings/Accessories to Ascended on multiple characters, actually saving gold.

Weapons and armor on the other hand can't even be pursued until first getting the relevant crafting discipline to 500, which is a substantial cost in and of itself.

Emitan

It's important to keep in mind the difference between exotic and ascended is only about 5%.

Unless you're up against someone 1 on 1 in WvW it doesn't really make a difference outside of high end fractals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom