• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to give the game another go. I'm going to take things nice and easy this time. I went with a Warrior to start. I figured this profession was a good choice for someone in my position.

Is there room in the guild for another newbie? I am FedoraRoyale.4938

Thanks in advance!

nataku

That wasn't NCsoft but a third party company that happened to get lucky after 3 attempts. (Since 2012 they have said they expected an expansion).

I thought they just said they're developing one, which would have been correct. I'm too lazy to go back and check their wording, though.

Levyne

Banned
NEW PEOPLE

Remember to hit 'G' to accept your invite and press represent at the bottom so that you can see chat. This allows you to switch which guild you wanna interact with on the fly, you can be in 5 of them, and we are just glad you decided to make GAF one of them :)

Okay, got a chance to finally play for the first time (starting with a Sylvari Mesmer)... this game is fun! I'm not an MMO fan at all, but I'm digging this.

The KB+M controls seem pretty wonky, but i'm getting used to them. I want to try that controller layout in the first post, but i'm on Windows 8.1 and the post says it won't work?

Okay, got a chance to finally play for the first time (starting with a Sylvari Mesmer)... this game is fun! I'm not an MMO fan at all, but I'm digging this.

The KB+M controls seem pretty wonky, but i'm getting used to them. I want to try that controller layout in the first post, but i'm on Windows 8.1 and the post says it won't work?
I rebound the kbm controls early on to play gw2. Feels a lot better when you aren't using number keys for skills.

As for the controller set up, it may work in 8.1. Some people have had luck running it, some not.

Levyne

Banned

Some people have Windows 8 and say the setup works fine, but I don't use the controller so I can't say much more than that since I simply don't know. Hopefully Hawkian or sometime can chime in.

Zakalwe

Banned
mixing armour parts in this game is really cool.

Sr6k4FK.png
UrXZqpW.png

Levyne

Banned
Here, there was an AA solution Lump posted once, lemme see..

also you can downsample using dsr pretty easily. It does scale the hud too though.

edit http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121946188&postcount=6042

and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121954252&postcount=6050

Quoting myself here since someone asked in game about aa

edit: But unlike in lumps settings, I have multisampling and transparency sampling both set to the same multiplier, using sgssaa

Lunar15

Troubleshoot the compatibility, run in a different version of windows. That's what worked for me.

Mxrz

Expansion certainly seems to be drawing people back into the game. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

I wonder if I want to beef up my future Revenant with Berserker or go down a different path. I guess Berserker is the safe choice (that or PVT)
That's what I'm making. If nothing else, one of my warriors can always sake use of another ascended zerk set.

That wasn't NCsoft but a third party company that happened to get lucky after 3 attempts. (Since 2012 they have said they expected an expansion).

I'd say they're about to be right again.

No capes....which fucking sucks..
Capes are a bit odd. Originally they were the bees knees in GW1. Then suddenly it came a fashion faux-pas to display them outside of pvp. I'm not sure I've played a mmo, or even a game--ignoring batman, that has done them in a way that added anything much.

Thorgal

I would imagine doing tequatl or any world boss event with 60+ people all sporting ragdoll capes would set most peoples PC and Anets Servers on fire .

I would also like a guild invite! MrShine.9152

I played a bit at launch with a friend, haven't really played since then. I'd like to try and get my 50 bucks worth =P

Mordeccai

Hey all, I just bought GW2 and am having an issue even installing it. I get the client from the website, open it up, and it just says "downloading 2957kb (0kb/s). My internet is really good and everything else that accesses the net works fine. Anyone know what gives? Force stopping it and reloading the client doesn't fix anything.

edit: nevermind, it's my HDD acting up. Old bastard gets cranky sometimes!

nataku

Unless they can figure out some way to prevent them from falling through Charr bodies, capes won't be happening. And going by the fact that a lot of back items have horrible clipping with the Charr, they haven't.

They could go the WoW route though. They'd just look really ugly.

They could also just say screw it like they do with most Charr armor and put them in anyway.

Wanderer5

Unless they can figure out some way to prevent them from falling through Charr bodies, capes won't be happening. And going by the fact that a lot of back items have horrible clipping with the Charr, they haven't.

They could go the WoW route though. They'd just look really ugly.

They could also just say screw it like they do with most Charr armor and put them in anyway.

What are WoW capes like?

Unicorn

Okay, where the hell did the black lion trader go? There was one somewhere earlier today, but now I don't see any anywhere on my map...

Jira

Okay, where the hell did the black lion trader go? There was one somewhere earlier today, but now I don't see any anywhere on my map...

It was likely one that someone spawned. Go to any city and you can find one there. Or there's one right outside every city by where you started the game.

Anyone had problems with constant crash in this game?

I think GW2 has crashed maybe 2 times on me since April 2012. What kind of error are you seeing?

Jito

Banned
So finally got on the game...but I'm stuck at the Great Hunt gate on the first quest, what's the deal with this? I've been sat here 10 minutes already!

Jira

So finally got on the game...but I'm stuck at the Great Hunt gate on the first quest, what's the deal with this? I've been sat here 10 minutes already!

Yeah this is a bug that seemingly cropped up in the past few days. You can get around it by doing the following:

Go to the character select. Click the server selection, click a different server, then click Guest and then log in. The issue will be resolved.

Chromax

I think GW2 has crashed maybe 2 times on me since April 2012. What kind of error are you seeing?

No error, just it stops responding but the game doesn't close. When I alt tab out I can't close it since the mouse is still stuck in the game on the desktop. Sometimes I can get back into the game but sometimes I would need to close or or even restart.

Retro

Nice to see so many new faces :D Welcome!

I culled the guild on Thursday, everyone who hadn't played in the last 4 months. Brought us down to 385 members. We're at 418 now (someone just got invited as I was logging into check, heh). I'm sure it will slow down a bit, but still, over the space of two days... crazy.

I would love me some cloaks.

Don't get Retro started though.

I already know the kind of insane cloak I want could simply never happen, because not only would the physics behind it be too resource intensive, it'd honestly just look stupid moving around, dragging like 30 feet of fabric behind you;
capedoqy9.jpg

I'm fine with capes as long as they're not the rigid cardboard flaps WoW had.

What are WoW capes like?

They had a very short 'wiggle' animation when you walked, they basically looked like rigid paper stapled to your back. Here's one of the longer capes, though most of them were these goofy shoulder flags or worse, two weird ass-length streamers. Finding a good cape in WoW was tough (and you couldn't dye them either, so you saw people walking around with ridiculously bright aqua capes).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What about Minecraft capes?

I culled the guild on Thursday, everyone who hadn't played in the last 4 months. Brought us down to 385 members. We're at 418 now (someone just got invited as I was logging into check, heh). I'm sure it will slow down a bit, but still, over the space of two days... crazy.

Will you put me back in? I feel empty. Gattsby.6730

spiritfox

I already know the kind of insane cloak I want could simply never happen, because not only would the physics behind it be too resource intensive, it'd honestly just look stupid moving around, dragging like 30 feet of fabric behind you;
capedoqy9.jpg

I'm fine with capes as long as they're not the rigid cardboard flaps WoW had.

They had a very short 'wiggle' animation when you walked, they basically looked like rigid paper stapled to your back. Here's one of the longer capes, though most of them were these goofy shoulder flags or worse, two weird ass-length streamers. Finding a good cape in WoW was tough (and you couldn't dye them either, so you saw people walking around with ridiculously bright aqua capes).

I don't mind that cape if wearing it causes you to trip every 5 steps or whenever someone steps on it :p

Unicorn

Is there a video that details the different spells for weapons? I'm a mesmer using sceptre and sword now, but want to know other options. So far, I know I don't like the staff stuff.

Wanderer5

Heh I am a bit curious of how it looks on say the Worgen.XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom