• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swnny

For the launch of HoT, ArenaNet is focused on making one fantastic map for the game mode that lives up to the promise of what Stronghold can be. It is once they have that and love the map, Colin says, that they will start thinking and worrying about other maps. Right now it is about delivering one perfect map that defines Stronghold.

One map? Seriously? 3 years for a new game mode and a whole ONE map for it? For real? With every passing day this starts to look more and more like a big feature pack, instead of a paid expansion....

ANet wouldn't develop content for one region only. Besides, GW1 had a canthan new year every year for everyone.

Also, a ten ton hammer interview:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/intervi...’brien-and-colin-johanson#.VMn4__JYh2Y.reddit
I find it weird that neither Colin or Mile ever correct the interviewer when she calls Heart of Magumma a map by saying it's actually multiple maps.

They also keep saying how full of secrets and challenging content this map is and that they didn't want to create an expansion with just a bunch of typical maps that you complete quickly and your done with the game.

I think they are actually trying to release an expansion with only 1 giant map, that super vertical.

One map? Seriously? 3 years for a new game mode and a whole ONE map for it? For real? With every passing day this starts to look more and more like a big feature pack, instead of a paid expansion....
i hope that they just use the word zone to mean map, and when they say map they mean like Ascalon or Kryta.

"With each passing day?"

I never subscribed to the idea that there has to be X amounts of this or Y amounts of that, simply because fun is king. And if this ambitious new thing is not fun, then it doesn't matter how many maps you have?

I'll rather have 1 good map, than them wasting the resources on 3 or 5 maps that are mediocre. Stronghold sounds like a freakshow, and a lot more complicated than GvG. The fact that you're ordering A.I troops to capture points as well, raises some concerns, since A.I has been a tricky proposition in MMOs and online gaming in general.

Let me put it like this; If you have a great foundation, it's easier to add to it. If you have a bad foundation, but a lot of fluff (maps) it's easier for it never never recover because you didn't nail what you where going for.
I like this conservative stance, however I understand your frustration if you feel strongly about sPvP and that not enough focus on this expansion is placed in that direction. I am sure WvWers feel the same. ONLY ONE NEW BORDERLANDS?

This is always one of the pitfalls by having a game that cathers to a lot of different people. You can rarely, if every do enough when you pool your resources in every direction. Had GW2 only been a PvP game, it would have been a different story.
However, you might say that specializations and the new Class are content additions that will add more to sPvP.

What is most important now is that sPvP gets a really solid infastructure, and you can hope that this one map, will have a lot of variation. Destructable elements on the battleground, day/night cycle, maybe even some weather effects, to help spice up the visuals, but most importantly, it has to be that you get a gameplay foundation that is deep enough not to make the game play the same for every round. A flaw you see in a lot of online objective based FPS games - The chokepoints and paths for success are the same on the map, and thus the gameplay becomes repetitive because conflict/confrontation plays out the same places, at the same time, every time.

It takes a lot of planning and play testing to make something that can really play different for many many hours. 90% of multiplayer games don't have longevity because they don't take this into account. There is simply not enough stamina, no matter how cool the feature set or base gameplay is.

Stronghold is by far the most risky element in this expansion. It sounds really crazy, when you think about how A.I has been used so far in GW2. Some rudimentary changes are needed here to make this work.

swnny

swnny is talking about there being one stronghold map

That is correct.

"With each passing day?"

I never subscribed to the idea that there has to be X amounts of this or Y amounts of that, simply because fun is king. And if this ambitious new thing is not fun, then it doesn't matter how many maps you have?

I'll rather have 1 good map, than them wasting the resources on 3 or 5 maps that are mediocre. Stronghold sounds like a freakshow, and a lot more complicated than GvG. The fact that you're ordering A.I troops to capture points as well, raises some concerns, since A.I has been a tricky proposition in MMOs and online gaming in general.

Let me put it like this; If you have a great foundation, it's easier to add to it. If you have a bad foundation, but a lot of fluff (maps) it's easier for it never never recover because you didn't nail what you where going for.
I like this conservative stance, however I understand your frustration if you feel strongly about sPvP and that not enough focus on this expansion is placed in that direction. I am sure WvWers feel the same. ONLY ONE NEW BORDERLANDS?

This is always one of the pitfalls by having a game that cathers to a lot of different people. You can rarely, if every do enough when you pool your resources in every direction. Had GW2 only been a PvP game, it would have been a different story.
However, you might say that specializations and the new Class are content additions that will add more to sPvP.

What is most important now is that sPvP gets a really solid infastructure, and you can hope that this one map, will have a lot of variation. Destructable elements on the battleground, day/night cycle, maybe even some weather effects, to help spice up the visuals, but most importantly, it has to be that you get a gameplay foundation that is deep enough not to make the game play the same for every round. A flaw you see in a lot of online objective based FPS games - The chokepoints and paths for success are the same on the map, and thus the gameplay becomes repetitive because conflict/confrontation plays out the same places, at the same time, every time.

It takes a lot of planning and play testing to make something that can really play different for many many hours. 90% of multiplayer games don't have longevity because they don't take this into account. There is simply not enough stamina, no matter how cool the feature set or base gameplay is.

Stronghold is by far the most risky element in this expansion. It sounds really crazy, when you think about how A.I has been used so far in GW2. Some rudimentary changes are needed here to make this work.

Every passing day, when new interviews with bits of new information pop up. One spec per profession, one stronghold map, one wvw map, one region (few zones) and few new systems in place. I wouldn't be surprised if they say there will be only one guild hall at launch. So far, nothing that they couldn't release for free as feature/living world updates. And they have done so in the past. The EotM, the PvP reward tracks, the current traits (that are scrapped in HoT) even new PvE zone were added through the regular free updates.
For a paid expansion one would expect a bit more, especially after what Anet have done with the updates so far.

Back to stronghold. I will take quality over quantity every time, but waiting for 3 years, I want both quality and quantity. It was even before the game's release that Anet stated they are looking into other PvP gamemodes. In one of the first State of the Game episodes, Chap (ex-PvP lead designer I believe) said they are trying to bring Guild vs Guild back in Guild Wars 2. Now, 3 years of boring Conquest on the very same 4 launch maps (ok 3 were on launch and Temple was added shortly after) we finally get the long promised new game mode. With a single map. And for how things works around here, it will be a year or two before we see another map.

Check out the Fractals for example. They have solid fundamentals and works great. At first we were made to believe we will see new fractals added every so often. Well, how about no? Fractals were added November 2012. Then they added (recycled old content, which is more then fine, especially lore wise) 3 new fractals and 2 boss battles a year later on November 2013 and since then, nothing new on that front.

Same goes for WvW. Since launch, we have one new map and thats about it.
So, dont try to bring me the "better fundations means more and better content down the road" argument. It's logical, but in the case of GW2 it was proven fruitless.

Big applauds for Anet for trying different things and new ways of improving their game and for free. Really appreciated. But whichever side you look, it's aways lacking somewhere, in both quality and quantity.
I've being playing the game every day for an average of 4-5 hours since feb 2012, being through all the alphas, previews, beta, test weekends, launch, updates, feature packs etc, etc. And after the HoT announcement last weekend, now I'm more then sure that Anet either have insufficient resources/manpower. Or really, really bad management of said resources/manpower.
Just an example, the recently revamped sPvP server side mathmaking system, ready promt and map vote were developed by a single person. Took him almost a year and a half to get it into the live game and to this date is still considered a "beta" feature and there are adjustments to it made every day, by him alone. Can't name sources, thou... but if you are paying close attention to the PvP "scene" it's pretty obvious anyways.

I'm buying the expansion day-0, but so far i'm not expecting nothing more then the next feature pack ot of it.

swnny

Oops.

Yeah as far as PvP stronghold game type that's one addition but it has been confirmed that it's only 1 map? Like conquest has 6 maps or whatever, stronghold should have 3 at least.

I've quoted the part of the interview, where Colin confirms it will be only one map. After all, that's why I'm raging a bit now. :D

Moondrop

Banned
Everyone is on the same footing in sPvP. There's no bullshit. Everyone has access to the same stuff right when they jump in. All the same runes/sigils/skills/traits. No one has a stat advantage over you, even if they've played for 2,000 hours.
For the record, new players are no longer on an equal footing in PvP. There are locked traits (3g+20sp each), sigils (3g each), runes (5g each), skills (SP), and amulets (10g each). A new player can't instantly run my axe warrior or sentinel turret engi or use traveler runes.

That said, I do encourage new players to go into spvp to explore their class. You can just go into the heart of the mists, the pvp lobby, and test out almost all skills and traits against dummies or ai foes.

Nothing super elegant, fast, or pro about this, but Apple, Zyra (Cathcart) and I took on the TA Up path. It was unusual and fun for the same old to become challenging. After the successful wurm try we had no wipes.

Duo/Trio runs are interesting. Instead of just melting through mobs, you get a chance to actually play the game.

Just for the full count, Zeroth and I have done the following duo runs together with great success:

AC 1, CM 1/3, TA Up/F, HotW 1, CoE 2, Arah 2/3, and every Fractal up to level 19 sans Swampland, Thaumanova Reactor, and Underground Facility.

Still planning to do SE 1 soon, and if Thaumanova Reactor ever comes up, I'm 99.9% certain we could beat it too. The other two fractals need at least three players.

Jira

That is correct.

Every passing day, when new interviews with bits of new information pop up. One spec per profession, one stronghold map, one wvw map, one region (few zones) and few new systems in place. I wouldn't be surprised if they say there will be only one guild hall at launch. So far, nothing that they couldn't release for free as feature/living world updates. And they have done so in the past. The EotM, the PvP reward tracks, the current traits (that are scrapped in HoT) even new PvE zone were added through the regular free updates.
For a paid expansion one would expect a bit more, especially after what Anet have done with the updates so far.

Back to stronghold. I will take quality over quantity every time, but waiting for 3 years, I want both quality and quantity. It was even before the game's release that Anet stated they are looking into other PvP gamemodes. In one of the first State of the Game episodes, Chap (ex-PvP lead designer I believe) said they are trying to bring Guild vs Guild back in Guild Wars 2. Now, 3 years of boring Conquest on the very same 4 launch maps (ok 3 were on launch and Temple was added shortly after) we finally get the long promised new game mode. With a single map. And for how things works around here, it will be a year or two before we see another map.

Check out the Fractals for example. They have solid fundamentals and works great. At first we were made to believe we will see new fractals added every so often. Well, how about no? Fractals were added November 2012. Then they added (recycled old content, which is more then fine, especially lore wise) 3 new fractals and 2 boss battles a year later on November 2013 and since then, nothing new on that front.

So, dont try to bring me the "better fundations means more and better content down the road" argument. It's logical, but in the case of GW2 it was proven fruitless.

Big applauds for Anet for trying different things and new ways of improving their game and for free. Really appreciated. But whichever side you look, it's aways lacking somewhere, in both quality and quantity.
I've being playing the game every day for an average of 4-5 hours since feb 2012, being through all the alphas, previews, beta, test weekends, launch, updates, feature packs etc, etc. And after the HoT announcement last weekend, now I'm more then sure that Anet either have insufficient resources/manpower. Or really, really bad management of said resources/manpower.
Just an example, the recently revamped sPvP server side mathmaking system, ready promt and map vote were developed by a single person. Took him almost a year and a half to get it into the live game and to this date is still considered a "beta" feature and there are adjustments to it made every day, by him alone. Can't name sources, thou... but if you are paying close attention to the PvP "scene" it's pretty obvious anyways.

I'm buying the expansion day-0, but so far i'm not expecting nothing more then the next feature pack ot of it.

In the first year, they put out 3 new spvp maps. You won't have to wait a year for one, one of the things ANet can do VERY quickly is build a map.

Cathcart

omg I'm even worse than I think I am. That wurm fight was pretty cool, though.

Malrona should have been even easier. Apparently if I get hit by her poison spray and then reflect her barrage it can do a huge chunk of damage to her. People in the fanciest of fancy gear report you can do up to 25% of her health in one shot, so in my gear probably a good 3-4% ;p

I'll have to practice getting poisoned without dying. Also need to avoid aoe condi removal so I gotta dodge Lev, too.

Duo/Trio runs are interesting. Instead of just melting through mobs, you get a chance to actually play the game.

Just for the full count, Zeroth and I have done the following duo runs together with great success:

AC 1, CM 1/3, TA Up/F, HotW 1, CoE 2, Arah 2/3, and every Fractal up to level 19 sans Swampland, Thaumanova Reactor, and Underground Facility.

Still planning to do SE 1 soon, and if Thaumanova Reactor ever comes up, I'm 99.9% certain we could beat it too. The other two fractals need at least three players.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun to duo/trio. I never have to stack might or make sure my health's topped up more than once on normal runs so keeping track of my earth/water cooldowns was a bit tricky during that fight >_< Gotta get better at that. For fights like this I wanna try the heal that gives me health on spell cast but I'm not sure if it's worth sacrificing the extra 3 might stacks and the ridiculous scaling heal on enemies hit. I guess we'll see.

Levyne/Zyra: We should try to duo/trio the runs mentioned, it can only help me get better :D

Anton668

so how much of a pain in the arse will it be if I join the clan and dont change servers?
me and my son started the other day on dragonbrand and most of the clan is on Stormbluff Isle server correct? will this end up causing problems down the line or no.

only at lvl 11 atm, so if its really gonna be an issue I guess we can change servers, but if not than we can keep going as is i guess...

so how much of a pain in the arse will it be if I join the clan and dont change servers?
me and my son started the other day on dragonbrand and most of the clan is on Stormbluff Isle server correct? will this end up causing problems down the line or no.

only at lvl 11 atm, so if its really gonna be an issue I guess we can change servers, but if not than we can keep going as is i guess...

Nope, not a problem at all. The only thing server matters for is WvW, so you won't be able to play that mode with the people on other servers but there's not a lot of official guild stuff that is in WvW anyways. I'm not on SBI either and I'm not feelin left out or anything.

Leave your account names and an officer will send you an invite :)

Anton668

fair nuff!

Anton.8071
and
WulfYmnar.3219

also, the last/only MMO ive played was LOTRO(Bungie keeps telling me ive played another one but i dont believe them!). played a guardian(tank). tis the guardian in this game similar?

That is correct.

You really don't expect more out of this expansion than of a single feature pack? I have to say I disagree with everything you said. You seem to have some expectations of how much content is suitable for a product you have not tried and doesn't know the price of yet.
You may be right, but I think the game has had plenty of great additions that was added later based on a good foundation. I don't know why they haven't added more WvW maps or fractals than they have, but I suspect they don't think "more" is necessarily better.
That is something I agree with. I find traditional MMORPG expansions to be damn near worthless. Endless lists of more of this, more of that, and just a big blub of landmass that looses its novelty quickly, just to become abandoned content again.

But you might be right. I just don't look at it like this at all. Its not my place to rage over something, I know so little about. Furthermore I have little understanding of how many resources doing the different development focused projects take.
I also suspect that since they have access to all the data from behind the scenes, they might be much more clearly able to see where they are losing players due to confusion, boredom, overwhelmed and so on. This might have guided them in how they prioritized their content layout.

Anton668

also also, for the teamspeak, since my son does not have an account here, anything special he should do for naming or are gaf tags enough?

fair nuff!

Anton.8071
and
WulfYmnar.3219

also, the last/only MMO ive played was LOTRO(Bungie keeps telling me ive played another one but i dont believe them!). played a guardian(tank). tis the guardian in this game similar?

Guild invites sent. Open the Guild Panel (default is the "G" button), and click "Accept" and "Represent."

GW2 Guardians aren't "tanks" in the traditional MMO sense, in that dedicated tanks, healers, and DPS classes don't exist. But GW2 Guardians do have access to numerous skills that grant protective effects the party, such as Protection, Aegis, and Stability. They're also masters of reflecting enemy projectiles.

also also, for the teamspeak, since my son does not have an account here, anything special he should do for naming or are gaf tags enough?

Tags are fine. We as a guild don't use TeamSpeak much outside of WvW, and since you aren't on SBI, GAF doesn't have much representation elsewhere, so it won't be a big deal. You're both fine to join our Mumble server where we do most of our business.

Jira

There better be a ton of new guild missions in HoT. It's been way too long since we got anything new for them.

Considering how much they're talking about guilds/progression/guild halls, it's pretty much a given there will be a lot of guild specific content.

ZenaxPure

Thanks for the invite last night. So now that I am in the guild I have to ask, what is up with the guild influence stuff? One of the items I got when I made my account was some thing that gives 4k influence, should I just use that now that I am in a guild? Mostly tired of it taking up bag space.

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for the invite last night. So now that I am in the guild I have to ask, what is up with the guild influence stuff? One of the items I got when I made my account was some thing that gives 4k influence, should I just use that now that I am in a guild? Mostly tired of it taking up bag space.

Guilds use influence for passive buffs and stuff. GAF has plenty but who knows what we'll need for guild halls so go ahead and eat the influence item.

swnny

You really don't expect more out of this expansion than of a single feature pack? I have to say I disagree with everything you said. You seem to have some expectations of how much content is suitable for a product you have not tried and doesn't know the price of yet.
You may be right, but I think the game has had plenty of great additions that was added later based on a good foundation. I don't know why they haven't added more WvW maps or fractals than they have, but I suspect they don't think "more" is necessarily better.
That is something I agree with. I find traditional MMORPG expansions to be damn near worthless. Endless lists of more of this, more of that, and just a big blub of landmass that looses its novelty quickly, just to become abandoned content again.

But you might be right. I just don't look at it like this at all. Its not my place to rage over something, I know so little about. Furthermore I have little understanding of how many resources doing the different development focused projects take.
I also suspect that since they have access to all the data from behind the scenes, they might be much more clearly able to see where they are losing players due to confusion, boredom, overwhelmed and so on. This might have guided them in how they prioritized their content layout.

Woah! I'm not talking about traditional mmorpg expansions in any way. Only GW2 releated stuff, based on what Anet offered us over the years.
I'm just saying that from the sounds of it (because they haven't really showed us anything) it sounds more like what they did with the feature packs last year, just bigger. And they sure provided us with A LOT of updates so far.

What they announced as an expansion, could just as easily be a feature patch or two over the course "between now and the launch of HoT" :D

And as nataka pointed out, Guild Missions is one more thing, they haven't touched for a while.

HoT is not a traditional expansion, but neither is something that we haven't seen from GW2 since it's launch. That's my point. It's nothing special or redefining.

Minamu

I've been wondering, considering some of you have played this game for thousands of hours, how old are you guys and what do you do for a living? :D Primarily directed at the veterans I suppose.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm 27 and I work for a software company. I started in data exchange as an intern and then worked in network operations but I'm now writing for the marketing side.
HoT is not a traditional expansion, but neither is something that we haven't seen from GW2 since it's launch. That's my point. It's nothing special or redefining.
I'm gonna call it a bit premature to state with certainty how special or redefining an expansion that doesn't have a release date yet might be. But there haven't been any new weapon skills since launch let alone a new class.

Thorgal

I've been wondering, considering some of you have played this game for thousands of hours, how old are you guys and what do you do for a living? :D Primarily directed at the veterans I suppose.

I am 25 ( turning 26 in march )

Work is pretty much gathering goods and loading up containers .

Despite it being rather Labor intensive , it is a pretty chill job . sometimes it can get utterly boring though ( Also not being able to browse GAF during said Boring parts sucks balls .)

Not sure yet though if ill keep doing it till my Retirement but that is still a Looooong time off. :p

swnny

23 years old. IT specialist with 6 years of expierence so far and bachelors in computer engineering. Full time (9 hours a day) job since almost 2 years now. With a girfriend for a half an year.
My work place is 5 min away from home, so I'm not wasting time in traffic jams. And can get in-game 10 mins after I finish working. Getting like 2-3 hours playtime a night, more in weekends.
The biggest problem with having 4k+ hours in GW2 is that my pc/ps3/vita/3ds/xbox360 backlog is huge, dating early 2012. :D

I'm 27 and I work for a software company. I started in data exchange as an intern and then worked in network operations but I'm now writing for the marketing side.

I'm gonna call it a bit premature to state with certainty how special or redefining an expansion that doesn't have a release date yet might be. But there haven't been any new weapon skills since launch let alone a new class.

What release date have to do with anything? They announced what's new in the expansion and in one of the interviews said that's pretty much it, in terms of features and additions. (of course with lots of details still to come)
Except for the new weapon skills and the new class/specs they have added the other features through regular updates. They have added new WvW map, abilities and sieges, new PvP maps and rewards, specatur mode and custom arenas. They have released new PvE zones, revisted old ones, new systems and mechanics, guild missions, fractals and all sort of content. It was just spread out in time.
Now they do more of that(not a bad thing), but all packed in one package, call it an expansion and sell it. Nothing special so far.

Woah! I'm not talking about traditional mmorpg expansions in any way. Only GW2 releated stuff, based on what Anet offered us over the years.
I'm just saying that from the sounds of it (because they haven't really showed us anything) it sounds more like what they did with the feature packs last year, just bigger. And they sure provided us with A LOT of updates so far.

What they announced as an expansion, could just as easily be a feature patch or two over the course "between now and the launch of HoT" :D

And as nataka pointed out, Guild Missions is one more thing, they haven't touched for a while.

How are mastery system/sub-classes/new class/new world region that they claim will play unlike anything we have tried before, even remotely comparable to the feature packs?

Levyne

Banned

I'm a grad student halfway through my fourth year. 25. In this program people generally take 5 years so I guess I'm a year and a half out from graduating if things go well. Pretty scary. I build, destroy and rebuild furnaces mostly, it feels like. To make it sound more flowery, I'm trying to make optical ceramics to act as laser host media.

Things are really quiet right now since I'm waiting on several thousand dollars of furnace parts to be built and sent to me while just preparing basic samples to get ready for once I have the new equipment up. Which basically means more GW2 time, fortunately or unfortunately.

That's probably more detail than you wanted but I am..bored at work, ha

Emitan

im 23 (almost 24) and unenployed because of mental illness and physical disability. Recently managed to get an associate's degree so hopefully I can find a job soon ;-;

Levyne

Banned
I do get what swnny says about feeling like Anet is running on something like a skeleton crew. I hope the expansion is more substantial than I anticipate.

I mean, I like this game regardless but it would be cool if ANet had the manpower to regularly update Guild Missions, Fractals, etc. It seems they really have to pick and choose.

Not a vet really, been playing for only a few months, but I'm 24 and I do scientific computing support at a university. Mostly teaching courses and answering a general tech help type email when I'm not teaching. Been getting into a bit of the network support stuff lately too. Also working towards a second degree in Fine Arts at said university, because free tuition for being university staff. :D (I too am bored at work, which is why I post so much during the day...)

I really hope ANET doesn't treat all these new things They are adding with HoT like they tested guild missions, fractals and dungeons...ie add once and forget about them.

Spyware

im 23 (almost 24) and unenployed because of mental illness and physical disability. Recently managed to get an associate's degree so hopefully I can find a job soon ;-;
Wasn't gonna answer but seeing someone else in basically the same situation made it easier. I'm 26 tho and not in any way ready to look for any kind of job yet, if ever. :/

I hope you get a job soon!

Levyne

Banned
One thing anet is good at is churning out weapons set skins and outfits (and less often, armor sets). Too bad so many of them (more than 50%) are gem store or tickets.

swnny

How are mastery system/sub-classes/new class/new world region that they claim will play unlike anything we have tried before, even remotely comparable to the feature packs?

They reworked the whole new-player-expierence, plus traits for a better character progression. Same reason why Mastery System is being introduced.
They revisited old areas, adding events and challanges, adding new bosses(3headed wurm, marionette) and reworking bosses (tequatl and the fractal ones) in ways we havent played them before.

I will try to explain myself with an example.
For the sake of the example, lets say HoT will be released in the end of May.
So, with that in mind, when HoT releases in May, we will have all the new features and stuff to play with and everyone are happy that GW2 finaly got an expansion.

But, if (big IF) at PAX Anet announced Living Story Season 3 along side new and long awaited features, and said the new episodes start rolling out from Febuary to the end of May. It would go like this - the new zones of the Maguuma Jungle will be released with the episodes (much like karkaland, dry top and silverwastes), the story missions(and with the return of Rytlock - Revenant will be introduced) and challanges (and their coresponding jungle masteries) would unfold as the episodes roll out. In between the episodes they would have a feature pack adding guild halls and the core game masteries. And at the end of the season, another feature pack will introduce the new sPvP game mode and the WvW borderland and reworked fundamentals.

In the end we would have the exact same content, just rolled out bit by bit (as it was until now), but most of reddit would continue to bitch, why this game hasn't got an proper expansion.
Hope this clears what I mean.

One thing anet is good at is churning out weapons set skins and outfits (and less often, armor sets). Too bad so many of them (more than 50%) are gem store or tickets.

After they added Carapace/Luminesent Armor. Colin said that this is what they want to do more and not have armor sets on Gem store.

I think they will keep releasing costumes on gem store but all new armor will not be on gem store anymore they will be in-game rewards or whatever.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=35650
According to reddit comments on this article (i cannot access it from work), "We were able to confirm that the Heart of Maguuma is a region that will consist of multiple maps."

Therefore I do not need to worry about it being just one gigantic map.

Levyne

Banned
After they added Carapace/Luminesent Armor. Colin said that this is what they want to do more and not have armor sets on Gem store.

I think they will keep releasing costumes on gem store but all new armor will not be on gem store anymore they will be in-game rewards or whatever.

I want to clarify that I mean that mostly as a compliment. Or at least halfway. To design and model new weapon sets as often as they do is probably the most consistent thing they update. But so many black lion ticket sets...Ley Line, Mordrem, Winter, Tempest, Chaos, Pact Fleet. Those are all relatively recent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom