• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize how selfish my main Engineer is until I tried out Mesmer. Almost all the Mesmer's skills are support skills.
I think Engi's are probably best at setting up combos to heal and buff people and very good at blasting them by themselves so it's very supporty, you just need to be better at game.

Beaten by spirit because he is a mean Russian.

Retro

How's OT5 coming along Retro?

Yah know, I haven't even thought up a cool concept for it yet. The first OT I did used the 'painted' banners that were solid red. Second OT was more colorful, less painted and had icons to it. The Gaming Side thread went heavy on the Mordremoth theme (they're all forest scenes, there's thorns in addition to paint, etc.), but I don't want to just recycle that even if it is kinda cool.

I dunno. I want to try something different but familiar.

Probably won't be using abload though, they've gotten surprisingly sluggish.

zulux21

so I did the first part of my alt account
with a 11 laurel sample teir 6 goods I got about 9.5 gold back which works out to a 47.5 gold every 28 days estimate. which is slightly lower than my original estimate, but is still good to get around $3.75 worth of gems, or still pay off the alt account with in 3 months with the dailies.

curious if dailies in general cause some things to drop a little. I am not sure how easy it was to get laruels with the previous system.

Sonicbug

I'm 33 and I'm a pet psychologist. I also sell couch insurance and test-market positive thinking part time. I also lead a weekend men's group, where we specialize in ritual killings.

I understood that reference!
God I love that movie so much.....

I tried to talk a friend into jumping in last weekend for ten bucks. He wouldn't bite, claims he doesn't have time... yet every time I look at his steam profile he's playing Warframe. *sigh*
I'm not sure I'm really keen on turning my Holbrook into a druid come expansion. I wonder when they're gonna start releasing more of the specialization details. Did they say when?

Ashodin

H9VPOPw.png

He's level 63, but I'm gonna just do personal story to get him to 80. Should be fun!

Mordeccai

I understood that reference!
God I love that movie so much.....

I tried to talk a friend into jumping in last weekend for ten bucks. He wouldn't bite, claims he doesn't have time... yet every time I look at his steam profile he's playing Warframe. *sigh*
I'm not sure I'm really keen on turning my Holbrook into a druid come expansion. I wonder when they're gonna start releasing more of the specialization details. Did they say when?

I was in the same boat this weekend. My friend and I have been playing dota2 for a year and a half. He's been looking for a new game to get into because he's not improving at dota and not willing to put in the effort to read/practice to do so. I tell him about GW2, and while he thinks it looks cool, he tells me "nah, I'm not gonna spend the $10. I just don't think I'd play an MMO and dont have the liquid cash."

Then the next day he buys Resident Evil for $20, pm's me about how hard the game is and how he sucks at aiming, and hasn't touched the game again, then forces me to play some low priority games in dota with his ass. I was like come on dude, coulda spent half that and had a game we'd actually play through while breaking you out of your dota suckiness.

DrAg0nBoY

So I started with a new char and I chose necro. For now (level 20) I do kinda like him. Would just like to know, if there is a good build for necro? (Oh and I chose Human again, because I don't like anyother race :/).

Maid

Banned
Well :-/ A DS4 would work fine with our solution, but yeah, it doesn't worth with Windows 8 (yet anyway).

I'm sorry!

You may want to look at Immersive Combat Mode alongside whatever key emulation software (like Xpadder or Pinnacle) is compatible with Windows 8. Some indicate that manually installing the DX runtime might make ICM work.

If you do manage to get anything working for you, please post and let me know! I hate that Win8 players can't experience it, it really works fantastically.

Sorry for the late response, I was busy the whole week. Still can't make the controller work, but I can live with playing with KB&M. ICM does work, but I'm having trouble with ground-targeting spell only target at my feet and searching around didn't find a solution. Have anyone had this problem?

Moondrop

Banned
Tried out some S/F fresh air elementalist. This is likely the glassiest build in the game- at least thief, necro, and mesmer have survival built into their profession mechanics. But wow can you drop targets quickly.

Minamu

So many responses, cool :D I myself is 29 and have graduated from the University back in 2013, game design and development, and did a Master's for one year after that. Now I studying Psychological Coaching while trying to look for game development related work. So I have plent of spare time as well, though I probably should put it to better use sometimes ;)

But Engineer doesn't change the heal-utility-elite, only the F1-F4 right?
Engi kits replace all your weapon skills with kit skills and f1-f4 change depending on your heal+utility skills but yeah, revenant seems to be a mix of ele and engi.
Revenants F1-F4 could work more like ele but instead of changing weapon skills as it does for ele it will change heal+utiltiy+elite i guess.

corporateslave

Neo Member
Hello all! I just recently bought this game during the 10 dollar sale. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the game but so far am loving it. I have a guardian who is level 34 right now. I am mostly running around exploring maps and still am very much a noob. I've also just finished the personal story through the point where you
choose an order. I went priory.I'm assuming the orders are more for flavor? Spoilered in case this is a surprise to any new folks like myself.

That being said, would it be possible to get a GAF guild invite? My game name is Spursian.9870. If accepted, I apologize in advance for any silly questions I may have.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry for the late response, I was busy the whole week. Still can't make the controller work, but I can live with playing with KB&M. ICM does work, but I'm having trouble with ground-targeting spell only target at my feet and searching around didn't find a solution. Have anyone had this problem?
I haven't heard about ICM's compatibility with Win8, but it's possible that is occurring for precisely the same reason our mouse script doesn't work :(

Bleh. Somebody buy me a Surface Pro 3 (it can run GW2 right?)
Hello all! I just recently bought this game during the 10 dollar sale. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the game but so far am loving it. I have a guardian who is level 34 right now. I am mostly running around exploring maps and still am very much a noob. I've also just finished the personal story through the point where you
choose an order. I went priory.I'm assuming the orders are more for flavor? Spoilered in case this is a surprise to any new folks like myself.

That being said, would it be possible to get a GAF guild invite? My game name is Spursian.9870. If accepted, I apologize in advance for any silly questions I may have.
Your order is primarily for that reason as you've mentioned, but you do gain access to a specific weapon and armor set based on your choice. You can buy and transfer between characters though (and you can unlock skins for your entire account with the Wardrobe), so it's not a big deal. Definitely just pick the one that meshes with you thematically.

Don't worry about silly questions, we thrive on them :>

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-29-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-expansion-level-cap-gear-tier

So apparently Revenant legends change their utility skills? That's interesting, and opposite to what most of us thought they would do.
Utility, healing, and most interestingly, elite.

so boggling. If the legends are mapped to your F1-F4, and swapping completely alters your 5-10 skills, what can you actually slot into those skills? Hmmm.

I really think I'm gonna like this class in exactly the ways I don't like Warrior and Guardian. :>

Zeroth

Gotcha. Just hit G, "Accept" then "Represent". And don't worry, we love answering silly questions!

Thorgal

I am currently away from home so i cannot check myself but is this price chart of Pre's accurate ? ( save for market fluctuations)

Do4p6rd.png

If yes , that is quite a drop from pre expansion announcement ..

Levyne

Banned
I guess that are down a tad, but nothing like wow what a deal

From experience of the ones I've grabbed, Tooth seems down a fair bit more than some of the others.

Those prices are lower than I would've expected... last time I checked The Legend it was almost 1400g. I might be closer to buying a pre than I thought :eek:

Emitan

Cheaper but still completely out of my reach ;-;

Also last night I had a dream my GW2 account was hacked and all my characters were deleted. I WAS REALLY UPSET.

LkPr

PSA: Fused tools are 800 gems today only. I think this is the first time unlimited tools are on sale.

these things worth the purchase? It seems they released some of these with each living world update (FYI I haven't played since season 1) and they were attainable by completing something. If I now play through Season 2 are any of these offered as rewards? Or currently the only way to get any of these is buy purchasing them?

Zeroth

these things worth the purchase? It seems they released some of these with each living world update (FYI I haven't played since season 1) and they were attainable by completing something. If I now play through Season 2 are any of these offered as rewards? Or currently the only way to get any of these is buy purchasing them?

Permanent gathering tools can only be obtained by the gem store. If they are worth it depends on how much you value convenience. They take a goood time to pay themselves (with the Watchwork Mining Pick being the one with better odds, since it also gives a mat that is hard to find by chance), so only buy them if you don't like replacing your tools from time to time.

Personally, I'll never get one since I get the same convenience through my permanent trading merchant, but it's not something easily accessible.

Maid

Banned
After running around for a few days, I think I'm ready and will stick with this game. Could I ask for a GAF guild's invitation? Mine ID is "DSveno.3709". I'm a complete newbie, though. Haven't even played the previous game either.

Jira

After running around for a few days, I think I'm ready and will stick with this game. Could I ask for a GAF guild's invitation? Mine ID is "DSveno.3709". I'm a complete newbie, though. Haven't even played the previous game either.

The previous game has almost nothing to do with GW2 outside of lore, some skill names, races, some class names, etc so don't worry about it.

Also, invited. Hit G, then click our guild on the left, then click the Represent button at the bottom.

zulux21

Permanent gathering tools can only be obtained by the gem store. If they are worth it depends on how much you value convenience. They take a goood time to pay themselves (with the Watchwork Mining Pick being the one with better odds, since it also gives a mat that is hard to find by chance), so only buy them if you don't like replacing your tools from time to time.

Personally, I'll never get one since I get the same convenience through my permanent trading merchant, but it's not something easily accessible.

thanks for mentioning the watchwork pick as I am only going be able to afford one of the tools and I was between a pick or an axe. I might as well do an axe if there is a better pick out there :p

Arcayne

LOL, did the metrica province jumping puzzle with my GF, my bro and our friend; the latter two having just started the game. most HILARIOUS thing ever seeing all of us fall off vines or from wind, or figuring out on our own that we needed to take seperate routes to get attuned first.

sadly my bro DC'ed and needs to redo the puzzle all over again for whatever reason; the golem outside the portal wouldn't teleport him back to the 'Chilly' stage.

Would do again!

Still remember when I got the chaos gun for 320g.... It good that something is going to be done with these weapons in the expansion.

I remember October 2012, when I sold The Hunter (rifle precursor) for 75 gold and The Energizer (mace precursor) for 125 gold, which then I used to buy Chaos Gun for 50 gold and most of the material to make it a precursor...should have kept at least one of those initial precursors...who knew.

Get your Pre now while the market is plummeting, I have a feeling Pre-c is gonna take time and quite a lot of money, when gamers see how annoying it is, Pre prices will skyrocket..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom