• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

New paggeeee!

Quick, say something funny... I got nothin'.

I'm just doing Jumping Puzzles on my own since barely anyone is on. Sad panda.

Thorgal

New paggeeee!

Quick, say something funny... I got nothin'.

I'm just doing Jumping Puzzles on my own since barely anyone is on. Sad panda.

How about a funny Gif ?

Aipem7f.gif

BraXzy

How about a funny Gif ?

Aipem7f.gif

It'll do I guess :p

My game is still minimizing. I think it was you Retro who suggested running in Fullscreen Windowed mode? Funnily enough it's made a slight difference. The game no longer minimizes, but the taskbar pops up and the game stops being the main program as such, sounds stop etc.

I wonder what the hell it is. I wish it happened more often so I could try to single stuff out but it is that sporadic I wouldn't know if I had solved it.

Retro

My game is still minimizing. I think it was you Retro who suggested running in Fullscreen Windowed mode? Funnily enough it's made a slight difference. The game no longer minimizes, but the taskbar pops up and the game stops being the main program as such, sounds stop etc.

Nope, that was Arksy. I looked around the official forums a bit, but nothing concrete. It seems like a second monitor is usually the culprit, but there's also programs that take focus from GW2. That's a Windows problem, not a GW2 problem.

BraXzy

Nope, that was Arksy. I looked around the official forums a bit, but nothing concrete. It seems like a second monitor is usually the culprit, but there's also programs that take focus from GW2. That's a Windows problem, not a GW2 problem.

I'll just have to keep trying stuff till something works.

The 'Bone Pick' is back in the gem store for 1000 gems. I kinda want to get it for the convenience but the fact it is soulbound on use and I prefer the molten effect makes me not want to buy it. Hmm.

SirKhalid

The 'Bone Pick' is back in the gem store for 1000 gems. I kinda want to get it for the convenience but the fact it is soulbound on use and I prefer the molten effect makes me not want to buy it. Hmm.

It's account bound.

They are account bound now, not soulbound.

BraXzy

I didn't get anything better than a blue from 9 gold boss blitz chests. Bleh.

Doing some more jumping puzzle fun. I do not appreciate being tricked into falling off, not naming names but screw you Callunah!
I forgive you :p

Callunah

Neo Member
I didn't get anything better than a blue from 9 gold boss blitz chests. Bleh.

Doing some more jumping puzzle fun. I do not appreciate being tricked into falling off, not naming names but screw you Callunah!
I forgive you :p

awww.. you should never stand on the edge of a cliff, target something on the ground..and then click ANY attack... silly wabbit. *giggles*

quoting myself for suggestions! (btw actually reached lvl 80)
Assuming you want to play pve mostly...
Get zerk gear. If you feel too squishy, try putting in a couple pieces of knight's. For weapons, I recommend sword/dagger, sword/pistol, shortbow, and dagger/pistol.

For sigils, I can't recommend superior energy enough, you may even want 2 so you can get a dodge's worth of endurance on every weapon swap. Otherwise, fire, air, and force runes are excellent. If you run dungeons a lot, you might consider using race specific damage sigils. Carry several runes for each race (stupid cheap) and just overwrite as needed since those bad boys are maybe 3s at most and provide a huge 10% damage boost.

For runes, I'd say damage runes (vampirism, scholar, infiltrator, mesmer) or a defensive rune set (adventurer for more dodging, resistance for a nice block and toughness, traveler for constant speed buff you don't have to worry about wasting a utility slot for)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCK YOU LIADRI

I can see now why latency can kill you. If you have a medium internet connection you'd still be screwed (dodging the aoe for instance), and that's not counting shit like "suddenly you can't move at all after picking up the orbs".

Let me ask again.

I know Hawkian is on vacation so he won't be on, I am away to cottage so I have a very week 3G connection so if I do play I might just help with guild mission but not Blitz Run.

It is up to the other officers with Commander Tags or without, to organize it if they have time. If members on this thread want to just organize it themselves they can do so as well. I would suggest you look for Ambrel Venthus in-game, he is the Gold Blitz Run Whisperer.

BraXzy

Braxy, what skin is on your left hand pistol? It's pretty slick.

The pistol in my left hand is a standard Bandit Revolver, and I have a Mystic pistol in my right hand.

Homestar Runner?

2awPGvg.png

Haha wow.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCK YOU LIADRI

I can see now why latency can kill you. If you have a medium internet connection you'd still be screwed (dodging the aoe for instance), and that's not counting shit like "suddenly you can't move at all after picking up the orbs".

I am in the UK and my latency sometimes feels sucky so I know your pain. You'll get there!

Boss Doggie

I almost got her. She's nearly dead and I have a huge amount of time.

You know what killed me vs. Liadri? FUCKING CAMERA CONTROL. You know what I mean - dodging with W will not make your character dodge your forward, but instead where the character is facing!

BraXzy

Hahaha. I'm gonna need to start watermarking my epic screens.

I almost got her. She's nearly dead and I have a huge amount of time.

You know what killed me vs. Liadri? FUCKING CAMERA CONTROL. You know what I mean - dodging with W will not make your character dodge your forward, but instead where the character is facing!

Do you have your dodge on double click movement? I'd change that.

Are you in the gauntlet at the minute? I'll come and cheer you on!

Boss Doggie

Do you have your dodge on double click movement? I'd change that.

Are you in the gauntlet at the minute? I'll come and cheer you on!

You mean tapping direction twice? I have it active. It's not that's causing the problem. It's the camera bug thing that the game assumes you're facing on that direction and will move forward to that despite saying otherwise.

And I gave up hours ago :p

What should i change to make it de la creme? :p

If by that you mean pumping cray numbers, necro ain't ever gon' do that. Or provide much in the way of group utility. Necro dps is one of the lowest in the game.

Still, if you wanna max it, 66002 dagger focus warhorn did indeed change my playstyle considerably. Quite sad to load up on zerk, pop enpower, drop a well, some marks, hit DS and see crap melt around you far faster than it ever did on a pure condi build, but oh well, it is what it is. Survivability isn`t really a concern since that is one area where we're really good.

But really, play whatever is fun. I still had plenty of fun with condi/marks and it was supah great in the wubs (provided i didnt have to damage strutctures >__>). Still keep condi set around for that.

Thorgal

No idea to what bug you're referring. I can dodge in eight directions. Then again I'm part of the controller master race.

VJq1Amn.gif

If by that you mean pumping cray numbers, necro ain't ever gon' do that. Or provide much in the way of group utility. Necro dps is one of the lowest in the game.

Still, if you wanna max it, 66002 dagger focus warhorn did indeed change my playstyle considerably. Quite sad to load up on zerk, pop enpower, drop a well, some marks, hit DS and see crap melt around you far faster than it ever did on a pure condi build, but oh well, it is what it is. Survivability isn`t really a concern since that is one area where we're really good.

But really, play whatever is fun. I still had plenty of fun with condi/marks and it was supah great in the wubs (provided i didnt have to damage strutctures >__>). Still keep condi set around for that.

Thanks !

Complistic

If you're a necro and you aren't conditions, you're doing it wrong. Power/wells are fun to play around with, but your meat and potatoes are conditions.

My necro has two purposes; Minion Master for lulz and to tag as much as possible in EotM with all the marks and all the wells and all the Spectral Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom