• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

If you're a necro and you aren't conditions, you're doing it wrong.

thats-just-like-your-1sskg.gif

This is the best thing.

E3 first then GW2 next month!

Rumor has it, ANET might have a small group of devs at E3 like they did for PAX East.

For PAX east they showed people a preview of the Feature Pack. Wonder if they will give mmosites a chance to preview LS2?

And the World Cup! And the Dota 2 TI4 Finals! And
my birthday!

These next few months are gonna be awesome.

WORLD CUP! YEYA! Go GERMANY! Suck it everyone else!
DOTA I don't even care to know anything more about that.
Enjoy failing your finals since you play GW2 all the time now.
When is your birthday?

BraXzy

WORLD CUP! YEYA! Go GERMANY! Suck it everyone else!
DOTA I don't even care to know anything more about that.
Enjoy failing your finals since you play GW2 all the time now.
When is your birthday?

I'm not the biggest football fan in the world but it is still fun to watch the World Cup :p

I wish I was the one playing in the finals, the prize pool for it is reaching $9 million. I have to admit, GW2 has indeed taken my attention away from pretty much any other game atm.

My birthday is on July 9th, feel free to send a card :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kos has merely spread misinformation as usual,

I will be leaving for Puerto Rico tomorrow morning for a week. Tonight I should be able to run missions and a lotto as usual, and we will indeed be running a few boss blitz attempts in the hour prior if anyone would like to attend!

Offseason Event #4.78 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 6/7 at 8:00PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! I feel Gold in the air tonight!

We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 7:40PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble or map chat!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. The community has adapted to be able to hit silver even without full coordination, which is awesome... but as in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
  • General strategy: those with tags will post up at each slice of the "pie" corresponding to each boss and we'll shuffle people around to have around the ideal number at each. Kuraii, Boom-Boom and Sparcus benefit from having the fewest. Frequently call out boss percentages in map chat and adjust your DPS to keep things as equal as possible.
    -Boom-Boom should always be the first to die. Only high DPS or condition damage builds should fight her, and prioritize the turret!
    -For Shurakk, have a few people dedicated to grabbing and tossing birdseed away from the boss to distract his swarms.
    -Best people to have on Pyroxis are those with high sustain, healing, HP/invuln. Mesmers and guards with reflect can hurt him from safety on a certain rock as well. He has undodgeable fire blade attacks (
    imagine that
    ) that will cut through squishies like butter, but also make sure to watch his HP as the reflects will damage him rapidly.
My birthday is on July 9th, feel free to send a card :D
July 4th!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We should have a guild party in July. Celebrate season 2 and birthdays.

Shiokazu

=__= my country is a mess because of world cup, and the goverment doest gives a fuck, and people are angry and as stupid as they are, i expect lots of bad stuff happening but being " swept under the carpet " by the worldwide media.

i'll survive, dont worry, i barely go out of home, i can live a month without my shore walks.

lol@ lump there;

im also going back to my warrior this month, elementalist was lots of fun, but i really want to go back to my warrior for a while, and when living story hits, i'll be my guardian lady again. She's my favourite, althought i see my current self much more in my warrior. and i totally cant relate to my elementalist, I SHOULDNT since her name is great august kami Amaterasu ( one who shines in heavens ).

Assuming you want to play pve mostly...
Get zerk gear. If you feel too squishy, try putting in a couple pieces of knight's. For weapons, I recommend sword/dagger, sword/pistol, shortbow, and dagger/pistol.

For sigils, I can't recommend superior energy enough, you may even want 2 so you can get a dodge's worth of endurance on every weapon swap. Otherwise, fire, air, and force runes are excellent. If you run dungeons a lot, you might consider using race specific damage sigils. Carry several runes for each race (stupid cheap) and just overwrite as needed since those bad boys are maybe 3s at most and provide a huge 10% damage boost.

For runes, I'd say damage runes (vampirism, scholar, infiltrator, mesmer) or a defensive rune set (adventurer for more dodging, resistance for a nice block and toughness, traveler for constant speed buff you don't have to worry about wasting a utility slot for)

thank you!
But for the equipment, where should I get it? Buy it? Drop it from dungeons/boss?

Katoki

Since there's time since we're holding at Sparcus..

Boom-Boom Baines requires high single target dps and people to be aware of the turrets when you have larger groups during NA prime time. I think it was sub-eleven or so players that the turret never spawns. Better yet, if people can be moved when that 10 or so player count gets it, Boom-Boom is much easier.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We had a perfect number of high DPS players in the staging area and then when it got started prematurely it seemed like about 3 of them followed me. The rest of the fight saw a bunch of groups of adds brought in as others ran to the fight. We just weren't set.

Katoki

Boom-Boom is probably best done excluding people as much as possible. Not only does it make it easier but almost always ensures that the turret never spawns. I figure Boom-Boom might be the best one to run tagless at.

Retro

Thanks to everyone who came out for Missions, we were floating around 50 people online most of the night.

Congratulations to all our lotto winners (names will not be posted due to recent hacking, I don't want anyone to be targeted). Some really nice donated door prizes courtesy of Ash and Vyrance tonight.

Makeups will be tomorrow at 3pm Eastern Time.

Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing tonight - had a Mario Kart 8 tournament starting at 10. Still a bit miffed I forgot to guest for the Challenge. I hope they fix the cross-server guild thing soon.

Granadier

I'm glad we had enough people and DPS for the Guild Challenge tonight.

It definitely was a close one.

BraXzy

Guild missions were a lot of fun! I'm slowly building up all the waypoints needed to do them so I will eventually not need someone to pick me up :D

Hawk have fun on your trip!

I'm glad we had enough people and DPS for the Guild Challenge tonight.

It definitely was a close one.

My heart was pounding so fast at the end of that.

Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing tonight - had a Mario Kart 8 tournament starting at 10. Still a bit miffed I forgot to guest for the Challenge. I hope they fix the cross-server guild thing soon.

I had to bail lotto for an open bar and the place is so packed it can't sell me a ticket =(

Shiokazu

... there is some stupid people running a veteran karka zerg.

WHAT GIVES!? WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? ITS NOT TRAIN SIMULATOR! GODDAMIT! ITS GUILD WARS.

ITS:
180px-Guild_wars_2_original_game_soundtrack.png

NOT:
train-simulator-2014-box-art.jpg

jesus fkin christ goddamit!

they ruined my hunt! seriously, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

furious%20typholsion.jpg

Shiokazu

... i feel defeated.

i need to find a new hunting grounds for me. they ruined my week! i was planning on spending the whole week hunting veteran karkas, because they are resilient and challenging, have a good pattern that is fun to challenge yourself to take on them alone.

now this stupidy of making trains just blew up my fun ENTIRELY. E-N-T-I-R-E-L-Y!

i feel so defeated it worsened my depression.

They can sell the Karka shell, 5-6s each from the veteran Karka.

TO WHAT EXTENT? THEY ARE TOTALLY NOT GOING TO SPEND THAT FUCKING MONEY ON ANYTHING! omg, im not screaming, dont take me the wrong way im just.

ARG

furious%20typholsion.jpg

... i feel defeated.

i need to find a new hunting grounds for me. they ruined my week! i was planning on spending the whole week hunting veteran karkas, because they are resilient and challenging, have a good pattern that is fun to challenge yourself to take on them alone.

now this stupidy of making trains just blew up my fun ENTIRELY. E-N-T-I-R-E-L-Y!

i feel so defeated it worsened my depression.

TO WHAT EXTENT? THEY ARE TOTALLY NOT GOING TO SPEND THAT FUCKING MONEY ON ANYTHING! omg, im not screaming, dont take me the wrong way im just.

ARG

furious%20typholsion.jpg
Let me write you a prescription for these
idxo1ja.jpg

Proven

If you're a necro and you aren't conditions, you're doing it wrong. Power/wells are fun to play around with, but your meat and potatoes are conditions.

If it wasn't for Power Necro, my Necro would have never been my second level 80, leveled half it's levels in WvW, nor be one of my most used PvP characters. Unless of course you were talking about cycling through Cripple, Chill, and Immobilize conditions to completely lock down near any character while loading them up with Vulnerability before I burst them down. It's my best Warrior chase character at this point. Thieves are a bit harder.

Also this comment is a day old and I missed so much yesterday...

Sonicbug

Bah, missed missions last night due to headache.
Thanks for the party invite on Friday night Lump! It was nice to feel like I was contributing to... something!

Granadier

Bah, missed missions last night due to headache.
Thanks for the party invite on Friday night Lump! It was nice to feel like I was contributing to... something!

Come for the makeup missions today.

Taffer

Now that my engineer's 80 it's time to start playing around with traits and skills properly so sell some interesting/effective/amusing combinations to me engiGAF. Mostly just for running around PvE mapping by myself, other things may happen once I'm more comfortable with the profession.

Not entire builds, I'll poke around myself and find something I like but point out some combos I may not notice immediately. I've been picking any trait with 'turret' in it so far but now that I have grandmaster traits I can start seriously trying things rather than awkward half-builds.

Fractalling with Varix last night reminded me of when Kos died to the veterans at the start of CoE and Varix and I handled the champion wolf as a pair, it's been ages since I ran CoE and I don't feel like AFKing for Tequatl tonight so does anyone else fancy it (before reset as I'll either be asleep or in fractals just after)?

Granadier

Now that my engineer's 80 it's time to start playing around with traits and skills properly so sell some interesting/effective/amusing combinations to me engiGAF. Mostly just for running around PvE mapping by myself, other things may happen once I'm more comfortable with the profession.

Not entire builds, I'll poke around myself and find something I like but point out some combos I may not notice immediately. I've been picking any trait with 'turret' in it so far but now that I have grandmaster traits I can start seriously trying things rather than awkward half-builds.

Fractalling with Varix last night reminded me of when Kos died to the veterans at the start of CoE and Varix and I handled the champion wolf as a pair, it's been ages since I ran CoE and I don't feel like AFKing for Tequatl tonight so does anyone else fancy it (before reset as I'll either be asleep or in fractals just after)?

Kos showed me this website. There are a lot of builds and guides on there to help with Engineers. I'm currently using the Dire/Rabid condition build, and it's working out well so far.

http://www.wolfineer.com/

Zeroth

I would be up for CoE3 since it's the only path I haven't done yet.

Complistic

If it wasn't for Power Necro, my Necro would have never been my second level 80, leveled half it's levels in WvW, nor be one of my most used PvP characters. Unless of course you were talking about cycling through Cripple, Chill, and Immobilize conditions to completely lock down near any character while loading them up with Vulnerability before I burst them down. It's my best Warrior chase character at this point. Thieves are a bit harder.

Also this comment is a day old and I missed so much yesterday...

Like I said, power is viable, but if you want to get most out of your necro, conditions will give it to you.

BraXzy

I would be up for CoE3 since it's the only path I haven't done yet.

I'm always up for any and all dungeons. I still need to get used to them all, I keep getting them mixed up. CoE and CoF is so similar, who came up with that? :p

New page pl0x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom