• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about make up GM, :( my cousin graduated HS and family is making a big fuss about it, yet when i graduated no one cared, guess with her being a girl it's like OMG...with me being a guy i am supposed to graduate HS, double standard bloodline i was born into :)

Retro

Thanks to everyone who came out for Guild Mission Make-ups. We had a fairly smooth run this week, Brekkabek for Bounty, Quaggans for Challenge (went off very smoothly with only 10 people), Bears for Rush and Langmar Estate for Puzzle (which we hammered through, caught up to the guild that originally started it, and helped them beat the gallery with just a minute left to finish).

Thanks as always to the folks who don't need comms but volunteer to help out. You're always appreciated!

Thanks to everyone who came out for Guild Mission Make-ups. We had a fairly smooth run this week, Brekkabek for Bounty, Quaggans for Challenge (went off very smoothly with only 10 people), Bears for Rush and Langmar Estate for Puzzle (which we hammered through, caught up to the guild that originally started it, and helped them beat the gallery with just a minute left to finish).

Thanks as always to the folks who don't need comms but volunteer to help out. You're always appreciated!

Awesome that everything went smoothly!

Haven't been able to play much lately; I've just been diving into some smaller games for the time being. I'm really looking forward to the second season of living story though. I started playing again right after March, so it will be interesting to see everything transpire this time and also have the chance to see the community reaction.

Thorgal

I want to thank Zeroth again for dragging my squishy ass through my first Fractal .

Also got my 1000 achievement points and my first zenith skin .

xeris

Kos broke COE3

If you're trying to be bad, you can not be conditions, yes.

I know you don't know much about the class beyond whatever the current ftom is for wvw. Power is perfectly fine, as are minion and condi. Different tool sets for different circumstances.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I use Carrion (pow/con/tou) for Engie with grenade (or bomb) and two turrets and it's serving me well.

BraXzy

I want to thank Zeroth again for dragging my squishy ass through my first Fractal .

I would also like to thank Zeroth, and everyone else who just put me through my first Fractal. I really enjoyed it, if all of that was just one, that's crazy. There were so many different things that we did. I shall tag along for more in the future!

Complistic

I would also like to thank Zeroth, and everyone else who just put me through my first Fractal. I really enjoyed it, if all of that was just one, that's crazy. There were so many different things that we did. I shall tag along for more in the future!

The cool part is the next time you do one, it might be 100% different from your first one. You also did really, really good for a first timer. The laser room is a menace.

Retro

Reminder:
When NeoGAF goes down tomorrow because of E3 (and it will), please remember we have the forums at GAFGuild.com and a very nice Shoutbox where people can get all excited about the new games coming out.
Mumble is also available if you just want to get on and squeeeeeeeeee a little. I went ahead and made a "GAF is dead" room just for the occasion.
Happy E3 everyone.

Reminder:
When NeoGAF goes down tomorrow because of E3 (and it will), please remember we have the forums at GAFGuild.com and a very nice Shoutbox where people can get all excited about the new games coming out.
Mumble is also available if you just want to get on and squeeeeeeeeee a little. I went ahead and made a "GAF is dead" room just for the occasion.
Happy E3 everyone.

GaF servers dying at E3 is a tradition.. :)))

BraXzy

Reminder:
Happy E3 everyone.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tomorrow is gonna be awessommmmmmmmmmmmmme!

I cannot wait to see what happens. I predict GAF dies before the first conference even starts :p

nataku

I can't wait to see GAFs reaction when TLG isn't shown again, especially after all that has happened the past 24 hours.

Levyne

Banned
Braxxy is like a little ball of endless energy it seems

(I only say little because of the avatar).

I can barely load gaf anyways, so no streams, twitter and maybe I'll hit up the shoutbox.

Parfait

10/10 neogaf could do better with more asura cuties like this

gVdMVkS.png

Come on guys step it up I can't be the only cute asura in GAF

Trey

I want to find whatever Guru is causing GAF to crash with his meditation and smack him in the head 505 times.

Its okay y'all, Evilore set his facebook connect on the job, and apparently the severs are fortified against all shenanigans.

Proven

10/10 neogaf could do better with more asura cuties like this

http://i.imgur.com/gVdMVkS.png[IMG]

Come on guys step it up I can't be the only cute asura in GAF[/QUOTE]

[quote="Ashodin, post: 115078288"]Asura are never cute. TAIMI EXCLUDED[/QUOTE]

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thank you for the CM run tonight guys. It was fun as hell. Sorry I had to bail early!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Enjoy the e3 shenanigans everybody :D

Also for anyone that doesn't realize or hasn't heard, Retro has been promoted to co-leader of the guild. A big thanks to him for all he does to keep Gaf running smoothly.

PR ain't too shabby. got a deck on the roof here and the gin is cold. plus the heat win one of the closest games ever. sleep tomorrow, ziplining Tuesday :)

BraXzy

Thank you for the CM run tonight guys. It was fun as hell. Sorry I had to bail early!

It was indeed a lot of fun. CM part 1 was great especially, none of us quite knowing how to do it made it more interesting than the usual uber quick speed run through. I'm not a fan of P2 though, I messed up the barrel bit the first time hehe :3

PR ain't too shabby. got a deck on the roof here and the gin is cold. plus the heat win one of the closest games ever. sleep tomorrow, ziplining Tuesday :)

Good to hear you are enjoying it! Slightly jealous since I'm not going abroad this year, send me a postcard :D

Retro

Its okay y'all, Evilore set his facebook connect on the job, and apparently the severs are fortified against all shenanigans.

I'll believe it when I see it. Last year was supposed to be all prepared with new hardware and such and it was actually worse than usual.

PR ain't too shabby. got a deck on the roof here and the gin is cold.

A nice Gin and Tonic (with just a squirt of lime juice) on a warm summer day in the shade is the best thing ever. Drink up and enjoy, we'll see you soon.

sleep tomorrow, ziplining Tuesday :)

Maybe not...

Shiokazu

if it depends on me, i'll be the only plant lady/lady/tall lady of the guild.

asura is a = nope, i dont like them... i really have issues with them.

:( i just now wish i had named my sylvari Paprika of the Groove, now i'll spend some money to remake her appearance.

Well, we've still got P3 left in CM, so not done yet.

But really, whoever designed p2 should be shot and killed, and shot again. Instadeaths, WAY too many trash mobs, absolutely horrendous last boss, that gate barrel event which thank the lawd we had someone to teach us how to cheese through it... P2 was crappy all over.

Also why does everybody keep calling trixie twilight in game?

Well, we've still got P3 left in CM, so not done yet.

But really, whoever designed p2 should be shot and killed, and shot again. Instadeaths, WAY too many trash mobs, absolutely horrendous last boss, that gate barrel event which thank the lawd we had someone to teach us how to cheese through it... P2 was crappy all over.

Also why does everybody keep calling trixie twilight in game?
That's harsh. P2 sucks but no one should get shot for it.

Retro

Prohibited from doing encounter design until their head gets out of 2004, then?

If it's any consolation, I believe Robert Hrouda did parts of CM (at least, the last we heard of him was that he was working on a CM revamp), but is no longer with ArenaNet. He was let go last year, we never found out the reason but it sounded like it was personal so we respectfully did not inquire.

spiritfox

Well, cursing poor designers aside, CM could do with a revamp. Right now there's no reason to run it compared to the other dungeons. Too many trash mobs, not enough chests, and its routes are not well telegraphed. That's why you don't see a lot of people running it, the rewards are just not worth the trouble.

Retro

All of the dungeons could use a revamp, now that we've seen what they can do because of the AC rework and TA Aetherpath. More of that please.

All of the dungeons could use a revamp, now that we've seen what they can do because of the AC rework and TA Aetherpath. More of that please.

Aetherpath if actually a very good example of when you should adopt client-side hit detection. I have to hop onto the electric floor while it is still glowing if i want to complete that damn puzzle, sigh.

But yes, super full of creativity. Shame about all of the scarlet bits.

CoffeeMan

I've done Arah P4 for the first time on friday night... took us 5h, everyone in the party (from my guild) were P4 virgin, including me.

I have to say that, even though it was super long, this was one of my favorite dungeon path in the game. This path truly shows that they can really do different mechanics for bosses.

I'd do this path every week, if there was a way to save progress (instance for a week, come back and zone to last way point)

Finally starting on my Ascended armour! I actually like the time-gated materials, though I know that's an unpopular opinion. It evens things out for me, so I don't just rush it. Log in, play a bit, make the things you can, refine what you can that's on cooldown, then log out. The delay between ecto mat refinement gives me time to build up some of the other materials I'll need. Sure, it's going to take me a month or more to make a full Ascended armour set, but it gives me a nice bunch of goals to go for.

Especially since I'm making it myself, not just buying the components off the AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom