• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

A pity we won't be able to play for the next 8 to 12 hours while the game is in regular Tuesday maintinance.

Oh wait, that's that OTHER game.

People don't know how good they got it till it's gone.

OhYou.jpg

That said, little (and not so little) things like no maintenance downtime, no queues, no server/faction divisions splitting the guild up or needing a credit card on file (even for the free 30 days!) really do make a world of difference.

OhYou.jpg

That said, little (and not so little) things like no maintenance downtime, no queues, no server/faction divisions splitting the guild up or needing a credit card on file (even for the free 30 days!) really do make a world of difference.
Game is dead guys. No one at E3 even mentioned it.

A pity we won't be able to play for the next 8 to 12 hours while the game is in regular Tuesday maintinance.

Oh wait, that's that OTHER game.

People don't know how good they got it till it's gone.
What's with the unsolicited snark? Seemed out of left field.

What's with the unsolicited snark? Seemed out of left field.

My friends who still play WoW (I'm retired from it) were whining to me (again) about the regular Tuesday maintenance (they complain every Tuesday to me), and how "after 10 years Blizzard still can't not have the game be down for the whole damn day".

The observation came on a Tuesday. Which is regular maintenance for WoW. So not quite out of left field, is it.

T'was an observation on how *amazing* Anet is for NOT having regular downtime.

So I'm allowed to give ArenaNet their props, aren't I?

EDIT: The irony is, as my friends just found out - WoW is still up for now, it's the new Bnet launcher that's down for maintenance (a launcher....), so they need to go straight into their WoW folder and run it manually.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've noticed this strange glitches.

The inventory pop out has a tendency to change its size for some odd reason.

Signets apparently end up in a cooldown upon switching into them despite not using them.

Thorgal

Can someone explain to me how custom offer in trading post works ?

Say i need 200 carrots and place an order for such amount does that mean that the game collects other players sold carrots and places them them aside until the requested amount is met and then sent the items to me ?

Zeroth

Can someone explain to me how custom offer in trading post works ?

Say i need 200 carrots and place an order for such amount does that mean that the game collects other players sold carrots and places them them aside until the requested amount is met and then sent the items to me ?

Let's say the ask price for carrots (the one you pay instantly and get the item instantly) is 2 silver per carrot. You could choice to pay that and get your carrots right now, or you could place a bid of 1.75s per carrot, and you want 10 carrots. In that case, the TP will store your money (in this case, 10x1.75s, or 17.5 silver), and whenever someone sells their carrots for your order, you will get em. The TP doesn't wait until all orders are filled, it will add the carrots bought at 1.75s to your pick up tab as you go.

Thorgal

Let's say the ask price for carrots (the one you pay instantly and get the item instantly) is 2 silver per carrot. You could choice to pay that and get your carrots right now, or you could place a bid of 1.75s per carrot, and you want 10 carrots. In that case, the TP will store your money (in this case, 10x1.75s, or 17.5 silver), and whenever someone sells their carrots for your order, you will get em. The TP doesn't wait until all orders are filled, it will add the carrots bought at 1.75s to your pick up tab as you go.

Thanks

Worst thing about this guild and GW2 in general is that a lot of you are Nintendo fans. It's disgusting. You all should get your taste buds checked.

Proven

My friends who still play WoW (I'm retired from it) were whining to me (again) about the regular Tuesday maintenance (they complain every Tuesday to me), and how "after 10 years Blizzard still can't not have the game be down for the whole damn day".

The observation came on a Tuesday. Which is regular maintenance for WoW. So not quite out of left field, is it.

T'was an observation on how *amazing* Anet is for NOT having regular downtime.

So I'm allowed to give ArenaNet their props, aren't I?

EDIT: The irony is, as my friends just found out - WoW is still up for now, it's the new Bnet launcher that's down for maintenance (a launcher....), so they need to go straight into their WoW folder and run it manually.

It's mostly because of Heroes. Whenever they do an update (even if it's just as simple as changing the weekly roster) they seem to have to bring down the Bnet Launcher unless the update also involves changing the Heroes game servers. Then the Bnet Launcher will come back up but Heroes needs to wait longer. I think Hearthstone's maintenance also gets in the way.

Shiokazu

i was loving nintendo content until now so much. made me realized that most people only want old and defined things, separated, its weird. almost like people like stuff labeled, categorized and defaulted all time.

It's mostly because of Heroes.

Yeah. But even before the Bnet launcher existed, Tuesdays were 'welp, no Blizzard stuff for us' days. :p

Worst thing about this guild and GW2 in general is that a lot of you are Nintendo fans. It's disgusting. You all should get your taste buds checked.

I'm so sorry we like having fun. You go back to your military grey-and-brown shootbang manmurder male power fantasies, I'm just fine playing good games instead. ;)

But in all seriousness:

wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

Aw yiss.

its weird. almost like people like stuff labeled, categorized and defaulted all time.

People like things to be rigid and clearly delineated, because it means they don't need to relearn things. Simple labels reduce anxiety, because people can look at something and go 'well, that's that, and this is this'. It's the same reason why when people leave college, they think theyre "done" with learning, and now they know all they need to know, and thus reject anything that might challenge what they know.

It's pretty dumb, but you can blame our lizard hindbrains. Being afraid of change is what kept us alive for thousands of years, even if it's no longer that appropriate a reflex.

Moondrop

Banned
So I guess it's safe to geek out over Nintendo on the Community side?

I love the overlap between the GW2GAF, controllerGAF, and NintendoGAF. Let's me know I'm in the right place.

If Mario Kart removed all doubts about having gotten a WiiU, today puts us WiiU+PC gamers in a very smug place. And Mii Fighter is shaping up to be a great troll character.

OzEFBno.jpg

I will never regret my Wii U.

(Besides, anyone who likes Guild Wars 2 has good taste in my books, even if they like things I don't, or don't like things I do.) :p

Zeroth

As someone without any (console) horse in the race so far, I can say that Nintendo presents a much more attractive option to me. Definitely looking forward to play some of dat MK8 and smash across my 3DS and future!WiiU.

Dunno. I saw a lot of reasons to get a wii u in 2015. In 2013? Heh. Today? eh...
But good on ninty to admit to having a problem and start working to turn it around.

Trey

True gamers are platform agnostic anyway.

true gamers simply play games. So that eliminates the majority of GAF right there.

Dunno. I saw a lot of reasons to get a wii u in 2015. In 2013? Heh. Today? eh...
But good on ninty to admit to having a problem and start working to turn it around.

Super Mario World, W101, WWHD. Add all that to MK8 today. Smash and Bayo 1&2 soon - by year's end. We eating, brehs.

Really depends on taste. I've spent more time with my Wii U than with my PS4. There have been more exclusive titles on the Wii U since launch that I've wanted to play, compared to my other systems, PC excluded. But I do agree Nintendo had a software problem. The Wii U launched a year too early, I feel. The OS wasn't anywhere near done. But right now, it's in a damn good place.

Yeah, right now PC is so damn better than anything else it really isn't funny. Will prolly have all 3 consoles by this gen's end, as usual.

Super Mario World, W101, WWHD. Add all that to MK8 today. Smash and Bayo 1&2 soon - by year's end. We eating, brehs.
I did not enjoy the mario galaxies, played wwhd on dolphin, and mario kart, like all rubberband ai games, makes me wanna strangle puppies Never played a smash title either. Played bayo 1 some years ago.

But yeah, i'm jelly for bayo 2 and w101. Dat platinum.

I did not enjoy the mario galaxies, played wwhd on dolphin, and mario kart, like all rubberband ai games, makes me wanna strangle puppies .

MK8 does not rubberband the AI. If anything, the AI opponents in MK8 are stellar - they act more like human players. Which does bring with it, its own problems, since well - human players are jerks.

Zeroth

Yeah, right now PC is so damn better than anything else it really isn't funny. Will prolly have all 3 consoles by this gen's end, as usual.

I did not enjoy the mario galaxies, played wwhd on dolphin, and mario kart, like all rubberband ai games, makes me wanna strangle puppies Never played a smash title either. Played bayo 1 some years ago.

But yeah, i'm jelly for bayo 2 and w101. Dat platinum.

320swyu40407-gif.49718

MK8 does not rubberband the AI. If anything, the AI opponents in MK8 are stellar - they act more like human players. Which does bring with it, its own problems, since well - human players are jerks.

Ahh crap. Here i was, all content in my ignorance, feeling that i could safely ignore it, and now you drop that on me. Dick move, miktar. Now i gotta try it =(

Zeroth, i play proper fighting games, sorry. Those guys shouting final destination, no items? Theyd be me if i tried, so i dont.

C'mon Miktar. MK8, like all in the series since N64 at least, has rubberband AI, which I define as the NPC characters have a relative rather than fixed top speed.

I've been playing 150cc non-stop since launch, every day. If they do rubber-band, I sure as hell haven't noticed it, or at least it's not as blatant as it was in DD and MK7. Yes, positions 6+ get Star and BB more often than 5 and up, which could be construed as rubberbanding. But I've lapped slower characters on the shorter tracks. You couldn't do that in previous MKs.

Anyway, I'm not here to be an ambassador for the games I like, or to try and convince someone to like something. People should play what interests them.

Moondrop

Banned
If they do rubber-band, I sure as hell haven't noticed it, or at least it's not as blatant as it was in DD and MK7.
Perhaps you're too good to notice it (not joking). As an average player, I definitely feel like I can't build a big lead on the pack in 150cc without them slowly creeping up on me over the course of the 3rd lap. Though for sure it's not as bad as MKWii, which I had to stop playing due to the insane rubber banding.

Ahh crap. Here i was, all content in my ignorance, feeling that i could safely ignore it, and now you drop that on me. Dick move, miktar. Now i gotta try it =(

Zeroth, i play proper fighting games, sorry. Those guys shouting final destination, no items? Theyd be me if i tried, so i dont.
Your ignorance of Smash permits you this one slight. Smash is a proper fighting game. "No items" is generally accepted as a tournament standard. "Final destination only" is a slur by the casuals against the tourney players; all tournaments feature a variety of stages, sometimes counter-picks and bans, etc.

Perhaps you're too good to notice it (not joking)

Heh, I wish. I'm having a hard time getting three-star gold on Star Cup. ;..; Building a solid lead in MK is insta-death by blue shell in front of the finish line, if you're not lucky enough to pick up a horn along the way. Perhaps the item-induced chaos is just masking the rubberbanding better this time.

"Final destination only" is a slur by the casuals against the tourney players; all tournaments feature a variety of stages, sometimes counter-picks and bans, etc.

Some people play "For Fun". Some people play "For Glory". ;)

Moondrop

Banned
Some people play "For Fun". Some people play "For Glory". ;)
Sigh. I know I lack evidence to support these claims, but:
1) I believe the implementation of For Glory was influenced by this false perception, and
2) If you polled "Smash tourney players" or "Smashboards members," you would find a decisive majority would have preferred For Glory be based around Battlefield.

However this I will state with utter confidence: Smash4 tourneys will feature a variety of stages, they will not be merely For Glory. Though For Glory will hopefully serve the purpose of providing decent competition with strangers online.

I play Bowser in Smash. Always have. So what do I care about the tourney scene. :p

(At least they confirmed they've made Bowser a more viable character in the new Smash, so woohoo).

Perhaps you're too good to notice it (not joking). As an average player, I definitely feel like I can't build a big lead on the pack in 150cc without them slowly creeping up on me over the course of the 3rd lap. Though for sure it's not as bad as MKWii, which I had to stop playing due to the insane rubber banding.

Your ignorance of Smash permits you this one slight. Smash is a proper fighting game. "No items" is generally accepted as a tournament standard. "Final destination only" is a slur by the casuals against the tourney players; all tournaments feature a variety of stages, sometimes counter-picks and bans, etc.

We'll have to agree to disagree. These rules are in place to prevent random stuff. I dislike random stuff, kills the fun to me. Thus, in order not to be that guy, i don't play smash. Like I had mentioned.

But you're correct. They allow, like, 5 stages.

Moondrop

Banned
I play Bowser in Smash. Always have. So what do I care about the tourney scene. :p
I knew a player (Reflex) who played an amazing Bowser in tournaments. The best way to improve your Bowser would be by studying him. Therefore, caring about the tourney scene would improve your game. QED :p

We'll have to agree to disagree. These rules are in place to prevent random stuff. I dislike random stuff, kills the fun to me. Thus, in order not to be that guy, i don't play smash. Like I had mentioned.
I don't get it. You dislike random stuff, so do Smash tourney players. You'd fit right in.

I knew a player (Reflex) who played an amazing Bowser in tournaments. The best way to improve your Bowser would be by studying him. Therefore, caring about the tourney scene would improve your game. QED :p

I played the Q2 and Q3 tournament circuits, and did a fair Soul Calibur 1 and 2 jaunt through their tourney circuits.

I will never play in another tournament again for as long as I live, for any game. I'm fine with people who want to do that, but it's not for me. It does not result in the "beautiful game" I like to have against an opponent. It transmutes the tone, the "gestalt" experience, into something different from what I try to have. I can watch it and appreciate it for what it is, but I will not participate.

Besides, my Bowser is perfect just as he is:

V1hsqf0.jpg

I don't need to watch no D I G I T A L S P O R T S player to improve my Bowser. :p

I watched some of what I presume to have been past matches involving Reflex. Damn, that's a hot Bowser. His edge game is tight.

I don't get it. You dislike random stuff, so do Smash tourney players. You'd fit right in.

Pretending for a second that I'd have local real life friends with which to play, "hey guys, come over to play smash! It'll be fun! We'll have coke zero and everything!... no, you will not be able to use items. No, you cannot pick a stage outside of the holy five. No, you cannot have normal coke. No gods or beer, only rum. No carb snacks either, i've only fried bacon and pork rinds.... did you just eat pork rinds, then cleaned the finger grease on your armchair?"

Hence, better not. Happier just booting kawaks and playing my classics. And hoping that a decent atomiswave/taito type x2 emulator comes around one of these days.

Thorgal

I am digging this look for my necromancer .

gw22014-06-1100-07-48nar9b.jpg

gw22014-06-1100-07-595wo20.jpg

Will probably keep these skins until something more awesome comes along or i find something much more "evil/menacing looking ".

Feel free to give thoughts .

Retro

So many lulz;

I love the overlap between the GW2GAF, controllerGAF, and NintendoGAF. Let's me know I'm in the right place.

I don't think there's necessarily any kind of correlation between GW2 GAF and NintendoGAF; both are wide, diverse groups that are bound to overlap at some points. I could speculate that no other MMO is able to focus on the moment-to-moment "Am I having fun?" check that Nintendo games seem to magically hit so perfectly, in part because GW2 lacks the gear treadmill and subscription that often make you feel obligated to play even when you're not enjoying it. But really, I don't think there's anything to be gained from trying to say GW2 is the "most Nintendo-like MMO" or any variation or comparison like that. They're both simply game developers at the top of their game more often than not.

True gamers are platform agnostic anyway.

Absolutely this.

I am digging this look for my necromancer .

Will probably keep these skins until something more awesome comes along or i find something much more "evil/menacing looking ".

Feel free to give thoughts .

Looking good. Might i interest you in Dry Bones?

Failing that, yeaaah, i'd say witch's outfit. Asura have a terrible time looking eeeebil. Either that or I haven't found the look yet =/
A top hat, perhaps? Game could use a "moustache, monocle and top hat" helmet.

BraXzy

I blame Braxzy for making me spend money on musical instruments.

Hey I didn't make you buy the Flute, OR the harp. I just.. made you buy them.

I shall learn a few songs on them for guild missions to keep us all amused.

Nintendo KILLED IT today IMO. So many good things coming. fucking zelda open world.. jesus

Nintendo did really well imo. It was a bit short, and there wasn't as much in there that I'd have liked but still, the games they showed look awesome, the paint shooter looked brilliant.. Zelda glimpse made me druel. And the Mii intro was amazing, as was the robot chicken bits.

I'm still disappointed with this E3 overall, but Nintendo made it a damn lot better.

It was a bit short.

A godsend. I never want to sit through another two hour drag like the Sony presser ever again. It sapped my will to live.Nintendo was smart to leave the gameplay sessions to their all-day-long Treehouse Live stream. It was great seeing someone play Xenoblade Chronicles X properly, and getting a lot of visible hands-on with Hyrule Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom