• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF fractal and dungeon runs are my favorite things in the game right now. So good every time. Throw in guild missions each week, and it can't get much better!

Today I discovered http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/Base_ingredients_query

You give it a crafting item name, like "Wupwup Shoulderguard", and it generates the base list of ingredients you need.

DVjyR6R.png

How awesome is that? The only thing that would make it even better, is if it pulled the cost of the items off gw2spidy.

Zeroth

There's better
Spidy will give you the cost based on TP trends too.
-
Oh hey, i finally went around and compared Exo's to Ascended. Did not think that the difference would be THAT tiny. Huh.

Yeah. People don't craft ascended for the stats, but for the agony slots which are eventually needed for fractals. There's also now a point that ascended crafting is account-wide, so the idea of having an armor set that can be used by more than one character can seem appealing to some.

BraXzy

I started that after the GW2 Betas before GW2 came out, but never finished it because Guild Wars 2 came out.

I'll still be playing GW2, just not as much :p I've been meaning to get into TW2 for ages.

I think I might give up on trying to WvW with my Thief, I'm always dying. It doesn't help that I always end up left behind though haha.

Yeah. People don't craft ascended for the stats, but for the agony slots which are eventually needed for fractals. There's also now a point that ascended crafting is account-wide, so the idea of having an armor set that can be used by more than one character can seem appealing to some.

So... you do fractals for loot... but to get to the good fractals, ascended is recommended, at which point you`ve... already got great loot, and thus don`t really care about fractal loot?

spiritfox

I'll still be playing GW2, just not as much :p I've been meaning to get into TW2 for ages.

I think I might give up on trying to WvW with my Thief, I'm always dying. It doesn't help that I always end up left behind though haha.

Git good =P

Thieves are one of the most annoying classes in WvW. Lots of stealth and shadowsteps. But it's more a roaming class than a zerg class. What are you running?

Zeroth

So... you do fractals for loot... but to get to the good fractals, ascended is recommended, at which point you`ve... already got great loot, and thus don`t really care about fractal loot?

Well, speaking strictly from my own experience, I'm using my ascended chests to craft Celestial ascended light armor... Which being for free is pretty amusing.

I also feel pristine fractal relics will find a pretty good use soon.

BraXzy

Git good =P

Thieves are one of the most annoying classes in WvW. Lots of stealth and shadowsteps. But it's more a roaming class than a zerg class. What are you running?

I still suck with it, I know I do :p

I keep changing it up but nothing works too well for me. I really should get round to jumping into PvP and practicing.

I keep changing it up but nothing works too well for me. I really should get round to jumping into PvP and practicing.

Yoooutube brax, youtube.. Use as a base for a playstyle and modify as needed.

I`ve no idea if that's proper play, tho. Will need someone else to comment on it. Loads of tutorials there tho.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I doubt this...story time!

Last night in WvW Braxzy fought off a 20 man zerg solo and he still had time to rez my dead ass.

#truth

BraXzy

I just tried my first PvP match and won, woo! I even got a rampage, not sure how many kills are needed but still, woo! I think that's it for me, I'll retire and forever have a 100% win rate :p

Mxrz

Where the heck is SAB. Wish they would have opened it up during the LS break. Would have been nice to earn some skins for my Asura warrior.

A massive thanks to Zeroth for asking me every day if I wanted to join in on Fractals, because otherwise I don't think I would have ever said yes.

I was in a "bad place" regarding Fractals for a while now, for various reasons, so I was avoiding doing them entirely. But Zeroth's hounding finally got me to join a GAF group, and it was nothing short of one of the finest Fractal runs I've had since they launched.

So much thanks to Rowland, Emilie, Brynn and Zeroth for restoring my faith in the content, and making me eager to play more of it again.

BraXzy

Will those extra 100 tickets make a difference enough to buy something extra?

Started levelling my warrior and persuaded Gattsby and Callunah to join me.. Mod came with his Mesmer and Roxie somehow found us on her thief too, the creep! We managed about 30% of Metrica and 5 levels before people got bored and went their seperate ways on their silly level 80's.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Will those extra 100 tickets make a difference enough to buy something extra?

Started levelling my warrior and persuaded Gattsby and Callunah to join me.. Mod came with his Mesmer and Roxie somehow found us on her thief too, the creep! We managed about 30% of Metrica and 5 levels before people got bored and went their seperate ways on their silly level 80's.

Theme of the night.

Extra 100 tickets? Shit, that's almost enough for 2 mistforged.

4, actually.

Step 1. Buy your choice of 4 heroe's weapons. (hunnerd tickets a pop)
Step 2. Buy 4 Gifts of Heroes (250 Badges of Honor a pop, look at rewards), 16 Bottles of Elonian Wine, and 40 Piles of Crystaline Dust
Step 3. Combine hero wep, 1 gift, 4 bottles and 10 dust in the mystic forge.
Step 4. Swag.

That said, dat buy listing spike. Load up now peeps, price gon' shoot through the roof. Crystalline Dust is already trending up.

Total conversion cost right now would be 3g. Next week? The only certainty is that it'll cost quite a bit more.

Zeroth

4, actually.

Step 1. Buy your choice of 4 heroe's weapons. (hunnerd tickets a pop)
Step 2. Buy 4 Gifts of Heroes (250 Badges of Honor a pop, look at rewards), 16 Bottles of Elonian Wine, and 40 Piles of Crystaline Dust
Step 3. Combine hero wep, 1 gift, 4 bottles and 10 dust in the mystic forge.
Step 4. Swag.

That said, dat buy listing spike. Load up now peeps, price gon' shoot through the roof. Crystalline Dust is already trending up.

Total conversion cost right now would be 3g. Next week? The only certainty is that it'll cost quite a bit more.

I thought gift of heroes was 250 badges of honor plus 200 tickets. Either way, the best route is simply wait til speculation is done as the price of crystalline dust is pretty stable.

I thought gift of heroes was 250 badges of honor plus 200 tickets. Either way, the best route is simply wait til speculation is done as the price of crystalline dust is pretty stable.

Now you talking crazy.

But yeah, if it is 250+200, poof goes the plan. Goes back to buy mist+hero, throw hero in bank, convert on next wvw tourney. Otherwise just keep the tickets =/

Zeroth

Now you talking crazy.

But yeah, if it is 250+200, poof goes the plan.

I'm pretty sure it is because they said this upgrade was created so people who didn't have enough for mistforged versions could buy weapons now and upgrade with the tickets from the next tournament.

I got alpha access to Destiny on PS4. Looks cool for the 30 minutes that I played. Anyone from here got access to it as well?

Wait...I think everyone here only has Wii Us.

I got alpha access to Destiny on PS4. Looks cool for the 30 minutes that I played. Anyone from here got access to it as well?

Wait...I think everyone here only has Wii Us.

I downloaded the alpha last night, name on psn is mr_antimatter. Will throw down some later this afternoon after about 4:00pm CDT.

Retro

Both the Mistforged Hero’s Weapon and the Hero's Weapons + Gift of Heroes come to 300 tickets, so there's no advantage to buying the Hero's Weapons unless you want four of them (instead of just one Mistforged and one Hero's.) People on SBI will have 450 tickets when all is said and done.

Unless I'm wrong and the Gift of Heroes is 250 Badges of Honor OR 200 tickets. the only place I can see the Gift being picked of for badges is way back before the tourney began in March..

/shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom