• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the plan for the legendary GS didn't pan out?

Nope, but the Moot was always the back up plan since the Precursor hovers around 310g didn't think i would burn over 1200gs and not get Dusk/Dawn, but in the end Moot is a perfect compliment to the Juggernaut, Juggernaut shines at day time and the Moot effects are awesome in the night, plus the Moots sound effects are WTF are first then you hear the Trumpets going off, sound like gun shot lol..

Moondrop

Banned
I don't think there's necessarily any kind of correlation between GW2 GAF and NintendoGAF; both are wide, diverse groups that are bound to overlap at some points.
I was joking, small sample size not representative, etc.
But I want to believe.

plus the Moots sound effects are WTF are first then you hear the Trumpets going off, sound like gun shot lol..
It's funny how quickly you get used to it, then people in your party chat start asking where the fireworks sounds are coming from.

Ashodin

Nintendo did really well imo. It was a bit short, and there wasn't as much in there that I'd have liked but still, the games they showed look awesome, the paint shooter looked brilliant.. Zelda glimpse made me druel. And the Mii intro was amazing, as was the robot chicken bits.

I'm still disappointed with this E3 overall, but Nintendo made it a damn lot better.

Retro is gaga for Splatoon.

BraXzy

A godsend. I never want to sit through another two hour drag like the Sony presser ever again. It sapped my will to live.Nintendo was smart to leave the gameplay sessions to their all-day-long Treehouse Live stream. It was great seeing someone play Xenoblade Chronicles X properly, and getting a lot of visible hands-on with Hyrule Warriors.

True, Sony's conference (and EA's) dragged like crazy through certain (or all) parts. But just one or two more reveals like some of the stuff they dropped in the Treehouse thing. I'm just being nitpicky though, it was still amazing.

I am digging this look for my necromancer .

gw22014-06-1100-07-48nar9b.jpg

Feel free to give thoughts .

That looks really cool,
even for an Asura
;)

Splatoon was a surprise hit for sure. At first I wasn't sure what to make of it but then they showed more and more and I was sold. And hey, it'll be suitable for my little brother!

Mxrz

Charr with a banjo.

The game is won.

E3 was funny. Pretty much nothing Nintendo or MS could do to convince me to drop $300-$400 on their trainwrecks at this point. PC and NaughtyFromStation4 got me covered.

Retro

I was joking, small sample size not representative, etc.
But I want to believe.

I quoted you, but that was sort of directed to the general conversation going on. GW2 fans are, more than any other MMO, able to play whatever they want when they want and not be adversely affected. You can go play Zelda for a month or so and come back and your gear won't be completely outdated, your raid lost lost due to inactivity, etc.

Hell, after July 1st, you can just log in for a minute or two each episode and play the Living Story back on your terms. How sweet is that, an MMO with a DVR?

Unannounced 3DS game being unveiled tomorrow. Reggie said he'd be wearing his Metroid pin. *BELIEVE*.

Awww man, don't do that to me. Starfox was nothing but a cocktease today (a blurred screen and an offhanded announcement). That, and I don't own a 3DS either and it's gonna be hard enough to get a Wii U next year if I want to play some of this stuff.

Easily my Game of the Show. Very inventive, clever gameplay mechanics (ink is a victory condition, hiding spot, resource generator and movement method all at once) . Looks like it could be fairly addictive. And I adore that it's technically a 'shooter', but it's all about the territory control mechanic rather than just shooting people in the face. So very, very good.

Ashodin

I quoted you, but that was sort of directed to the general conversation going on. GW2 fans are, more than any other MMO, able to play whatever they want when they want and not be adversely affected. You can go play Zelda for a month or so and come back and your gear won't be completely outdated, your raid lost lost due to inactivity, etc.

Hell, after July 1st, you can just log in for a minute or two each episode and play the Living Story back on your terms. How sweet is that, an MMO with a DVR?

Awww man, don't do that to me. Starfox was nothing but a cocktease today (a blurred screen and an offhanded announcement). That, and I don't own a 3DS either and it's gonna be hard enough to get a Wii U next year if I want to play some of this stuff.

Easily my Game of the Show. Very inventive, clever gameplay mechanics (ink is a victory condition, hiding spot, resource generator and movement method all at once) . Looks like it could be fairly addictive. And I adore that it's technically a 'shooter', but it's all about the territory control mechanic rather than just shooting people in the face. So very, very good.

If you get a Wii U, I will totally play it with you!

Charr with a banjo.

The game is won.

E3 was funny. Pretty much nothing Nintendo or MS could do to convince me to drop $300-$400 on their trainwrecks at this point. PC and NaughtyFromStation4 got me covered.
Need more smart people like you in this thread/guild.

I know how you feel. If it wasn't for Bloodborne, I would have started regretting getting my PS4. Sony's doing very little to validate the money I dropped on their shiny box. I even got it the worst way possible. Black Friday, in a Walmart. It has a lot to make up for. And I'm not interested in Uncharted (good series, just not interesting for me).

Charr with a banjo.

The game is won.

None of them did anything IMO, i am happy with my PC...

Knowing nothing is gonna happen till Canada Day in Guild Wars 2 is making me want to play less and less, usual thing I find fun like WvW, Dungeons, world bosses all seem boring. I don't like this feeling.

spiritfox

Knowing nothing is gonna happen till Canada Day in Guild Wars 2 is making me want to play less and less, usual thing I find fun like WvW, Dungeons, world bosses all seem boring. I don't like this feeling.

Take a break then! It's not like we'll kick you out if you don't play.

Kick him out as soon as he stops playing.

Break time man, I felt like this at one point took a break and beat all a bunch of games i bought on steam sale that I ignored while i was being a GW2 crackhead lol..

Break time man, I felt like this at one point took a break and beat all a bunch of games i bought on steam sale that I ignored while i was being a GW2 crackhead lol..
A friend let me borrow his AC4: black flag for ps4. Might play that for awhile and see if it will hold my interest.

Luckily World Cup is starting tomorrow so that will take a lot of my time.

Shiokazu

I made the mistake of going through the Mists on my way to LA.

A hundred goldseller spam whispers later...

But this did make my day:

MEP5mYp.jpg

See, this is the true value of the captains airship. Bypasses going to the mists to hit hubs so you don't get spammed by gild sellers .

at least it means less 300 and a bunch more hackers and cancer stuff in the game.

( PS: I do not save time when going to hubs like LA, i hate the place, so at least the travel must be fun. )

Taffer

See, this is the true value of the captains airship. Bypasses going to the mists to hit hubs so you don't get spammed by gild sellers .

Now that it's all calm there, I'd like the helmsman to offer to drop me off in LA as well as the racial capitals. It's not a huge problem but it still bugs me that she won't go there.

Thorgal

Looking good. Might i interest you in Dry Bones?

Failing that, yeaaah, i'd say witch's outfit. Asura have a terrible time looking eeeebil. Either that or I haven't found the look yet =/
A top hat, perhaps? Game could use a "moustache, monocle and top hat" helmet.

Thanks ! those look nice and ill check those out as soon as i hit 80 . (20 levels to go )

BOH will not be a problem as i already have 1300 of them due to my nightly hour of jumpin on the EOTM zerg train .

Levito

Banned
Charr with a banjo.

The game is won.

Nintendo actually sold me on Wii U with Bayonetta 1 being packaged with Bayonetta 2. First game is incredible but I never finished it because the PS3 version is god awful.

Bloodborne and Destiny are easily my favorite games shown at E3 though.

Also the Smash Tournament was SO HYPE, loved watching it.

Lunar15

All I learned at E3 was that everything is 2015. "Next Gen Development" is hard. Like with the Wii U, it's going to probably take around a year for me to get interested in either the One or the PS4. Just not enough there yet that I can't also get on PC. (aka: I'm waiting for Bloodborne)

Also Levito, glad to welcome you aboard the Wii U ship. It's wonderful in here.

All I learned at E3 was that everything is 2015. "Next Gen Development" is hard.

That is quite standard. It would be terrible to announce a soon to be released game at e3, where the announcement would have to compete with tons of other news.

Hence, it is rarely done.

Same reason the weeks around e3 generally only see minor titles getting released.

Lunar15

That is quite standard. It would be terrible to announce a soon to be released game at e3, where the announcement would have to compete with tons of other news.

Same reason the weeks around e3 generally only see minor titles getting released.

Dunno about this. We usually see a decent blend of current year/next year titles. This year we saw mainly 2015 titles, and even a bunch of "We're in the conceptual phases" prototypes. It was pretty bleak, honestly. Just look at EA's conference. They're woefully underprepared for the second half of this year.

Zeroth

Nintendo Weeeeoooo. Out in stores now.

RIP Console Sega

Levito

Banned

To each their own, nothing(that's been released) on the system interests me currently. Willing to wait till the system is cheaper before I get it.

Kinda weird that most of the Wii U's big games are coming out in 2015 when it came out a year before the PS4 and Xbone. Either way I've gone from "yeah I'll never get one of these" to "yeah, someday".

Dunno about this. We usually see a decent blend of current year/next year titles. This year we saw mainly 2015 titles, and even a bunch of "We're in the conceptual phases" prototypes. It was pretty bleak, honestly. Just look at EA's conference. They're woefully underprepared for the second half of this year.

Consider:
In 2006 shit was getting so bad they almost scrapped e3.

But yeah, checking 2007 for ps3, there we still a coupla major titles coming in the same year. The rest? next year.

2006 for xbox saw pretty much all their major games being released in 07-08.

Anyway, yeah, it isn't as clean cut as i thought.

Also LoL at the Sopranos game. Didn't even know it existed.

BraXzy

Semi-NSFW: "Logan, no. You've been F***ing Centaurs for too long."
(Also available in Asura, Norn, Charr and Sylvari varieties. Take note of the special Norn.. ahem... mustache)

They're brilliant. Censorship videos can be done for so many things. There are some good ones here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxCFYrvaJ0tyy9nipGNEpA

I watched 22 Jump Street today, if you're a fan of the first one I definitely recommend watching it. It's another film that is ruined slightly by trailers that show a lot of the gags and such though :/

Mxrz

I honestly cannot see much of a difference between EB and EotM anymore. Well except EotM gives more of everything. Maybe I've warped my perceptions somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom