• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got alpha access to Destiny on PS4. Looks cool for the 30 minutes that I played. Anyone from here got access to it as well?

Wait...I think everyone here only has Wii Us.

Vita. 3DS. 360. PS3. PS4. Wii U. Nexus 7. And of course, a decent PC.

Real gamers are platform agnostic.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

EDIT: But I didn't sign up for the Destiny Alpha. I try to avoid Alphas, they just burn me out and then I don't like the final when it hits.

Vita. 3DS. 360. PS3. PS4. Wii U. Nexus 7. And of course, a decent PC.

Real gamers are platform agnostic.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
Stop wasting your money on all those consoles. Buy drugs instead.

Gamer is a dumb word, and real gamers is real dumb.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
4, actually.

Step 1. Buy your choice of 4 heroe's weapons. (hunnerd tickets a pop)
Step 2. Buy 4 Gifts of Heroes (250 Badges of Honor a pop, look at rewards), 16 Bottles of Elonian Wine, and 40 Piles of Crystaline Dust
Step 3. Combine hero wep, 1 gift, 4 bottles and 10 dust in the mystic forge.
Step 4. Swag.

That said, dat buy listing spike. Load up now peeps, price gon' shoot through the roof. Crystalline Dust is already trending up.

Total conversion cost right now would be 3g. Next week? The only certainty is that it'll cost quite a bit more.

I thought gift of heroes used tickets too

I thought gift of heroes used tickets too

Both the Mistforged Hero’s Weapon and the Hero's Weapons + Gift of Heroes come to 300 tickets, so there's no advantage to buying the Hero's Weapons unless you want four of them (instead of just one Mistforged and one Hero's.) People on SBI will have 450 tickets when all is said and done.

Unless I'm wrong and the Gift of Heroes is 250 Badges of Honor OR 200 tickets. the only place I can see the Gift being picked of for badges is way back before the tourney began in March..

Zeroth pointed that that might be the case, like, in the following post, and i corrected myself accordingly. You guys are too harsh >__> (he also pointed out that elonian wine is vendor bough, which i had completely missed aaand makes the TP orders even more interesting, but eh.)

Anyone wanna do CoF and SE story after reset today?

Levito

Banned
I got alpha access to Destiny on PS4. Looks cool for the 30 minutes that I played. Anyone from here got access to it as well?

Wait...I think everyone here only has Wii Us.

I've been playing it so much since yesterday afternoon, fucking stellar game. It's like if Guild Wars and Halo hooked up in vegas and nine months later there was Destiny.

My PSN ID is Levito1 if anyone wants to play, just lemme know whoy ou are. Or contact me on twitter.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
One of these days Bungie will release Destiny for PC.

ZOGyxoe.gif

Mxrz

Wait. Did they really say warriors lacked mobility on today's stream? I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I can't think of that being true in any game mode. Its pretty much the reason I go warrior in spvp since i can gtfo of a bad fight. We've all faced derp-gs-spin warriors in wvw. And the only reason I've been able to solo some stuff in PvE is with the gs evade.

Can't see that one at all.

Retro

Wait. Did they really say warriors lacked mobility on today's stream? I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I can't think of that being true in any game mode.

I may be wrong, but I believe the said they have lots of ways to get into fights (i.e. leaps) but very few to get out of them.

Proven

I guess they're specifically talking about the fact that they don't have a blink and their best condition clears either A) have a long telegraphed animation, B) require 4 points into a trait line and the use of specific weaponry to take most advantage of (at least it's a highly valued line), or C) require 4 points in a different trait line (again, highly valued) but involves engaging with an enemy.

Once you lock a Warrior down with decently timed chills and cripples, they usually don't get away unless they're running traited Warhorn. One of the classes often used to deal with Warriors in PvP, Thief, is very good at chasing them down.

Think of it another way: In order for a Warrior to escape in WvW, a decent percentage of skill choice and trait choice have to be dedicated to escaping, and have to be held until then (or have to have the battle go on long enough for them to come off cooldown on demand).

Trey

Warrior escapability is such that I don't even bother with it in WvW. I'll just blow all my cooldowns hoping to catch a body or two if it looks bleak.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ArenaNet gets a lot of respect from me for their open and clear communications.

BraXzy

Just reading through the World Cup OT, and holy shit Kos is the next octopus.

Enough time to make it 5-1.

I'm getting real sick of platform exclusive stuff like DLC/beta's/alpha's/omega's/sandwiches. I really want to try out Destiny.

P.S. ArenaNet do seem pretty awesome when it comes to the community and just them as a whole.

Callunah

Neo Member
Had fun tonight for WvW reset with Kos, Zed, Roxie, Modric, and later, Gattsby! Was fun to be able to get back into WvW again with you guys! Thanks for the run!

Hey Kos... next time you end up in that hole in the cliff.. I wanna be there again to laugh my butt off! Thanks for that... highlight of the evening by far. hahah

One of these days Bungie will release Destiny for PC.

ZOGyxoe.gif

Do you think it will be a great game? Previews I have read seems to indicate the game has a personality complex between a MMO and a narrative single player shooter. I am a bit scared for Bungies sake that like games like Planetside 2, it will be great, but won't have the longevity.

Thorgal

Do you think it will be a great game? Previews I have read seems to indicate the game has a personality complex between a MMO and a narrative single player shooter. I am a bit scared for Bungies sake that like games like Planetside 2, it will be great, but won't have the longevity.

That would depend on Bungies commitment to keep supporting the game with new stuff to keep players coming back .

Moondrop

Banned
Back to settler amulet for my spvp ranger. So much better sustain 1v2. Plus it frees up points for the true beastmaster traits.

Would this app still work with the current build if i ever want to start making legendary's ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adamberkett.gw2legendarytracker

Depends on the legendary. That app's not been updated since last year, so it might not reflect some of the recent changes to certain legendaries. I used http://calculator.bravevesperia.com/ myself (it can take a while for the list to load once you've selected a legendary, since it gets data from gw2spidy) but I also don't know if it's been updated to reflect certain recent changes.

Levito

Banned

I think it's going to an amazing game. I was skeptical about a lot of things about this game, but the alpha as quelled those fears.

As for longevity, the game is supposed to have a very tough PVE endgame. After doing the first strike(the dungeons of the game) several times I don't doubt it, that

PVP has amazing map design and is really fun, but I'm afraid itmight run into a WoW battleground/arena issue. What I mean by that is the gear you get in PVE is usable in PVP, WoW's competitive scene really died from an esport perspective because of the advantage gear gave you. Really wish Destiny was like Guild Wars 2 were everyone goes into PVP with the same gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
100 free tickets as a coming home present? I am OK with this

miss you guys! have fun with missions tonight. :) I want to get in on all this fractal action too, I'm getting to 30 one of these days dammit!

(gear in Destiny pvp seems like a huge misstep)

edit: posting from here :>

Zeroth

100 free tickets as a coming home present? I am OK with this

miss you guys! have fun with missions tonight. :) I want to get in on all this fractal action too, I'm getting to 30 one of these days dammit!

(gear in Destiny pvp seems like a huge misstep)

edit: posting from here :>

Nice to hear you are having a good time, though be careful as I heard hawks are a loved dish in Costa Rica or wherever you are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom