• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

The guild officers defer posting the names of lottery winners on this board due to a recent spat of hacking, and all of a sudden multiple gaffers post their character names?? SMH.

Lottery winners are not published because people *know* they have lots of gold/items due to winning the lottery, and right now putting your name here is not much different from seeing them in-game.

The guild officers defer posting the names of lottery winners on this board due to a recent spat of hacking, and all of a sudden multiple gaffers post their character names?? SMH.

TBH that's more paranoia/best practices than anything else. Way it works is any account they can access, they will access, regardless of status. That we got two offissahs hit is most likely just a nasty coincidence.

Using double auth is solid advice and everybody should do it, obv.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/recap-scarlets-war/

As you prepare for the excitement and adventure of Living World Season 2, take a moment to look back at the events of Season 1. From the frozen reaches of the Shiverpeaks to the sweltering Maguuma Jungle and everywhere between, Scarlet’s war raged across Tyria and set the stage for events yet to come.

There should be an update today.

Twitter gw2 fan sites say there will be Living Story news everyday this week on the guild wars 2 website, starting with the one I linked above.

GET HYPED!!!

Just realized after almost 2 years after game release that Durmand Priory members can get additional lore information when examining objects, e.g. a piece of Northern Wall rubble in Plains of Ashford next to the vista. My non-Priory characters didn't get the second text prompt.

XMbqQ3w.jpg

z5BUHwC.jpg

88poxG9.jpg

The Order of Whispers appears to be the best, with many unique conversations with spies and access to hidden bases. What does the Vigil offer? Never noticed anything unique while exploring, other than access to their inner base.

will you draw Gattsby?

These are awesome buddy! You should totally draw me as a whale with a top hat and.. idk.. a cup of tea? xD

My skillset is prett~ty limited, and I've not drawn in a long time. The last piece of real art I did was in Feb this year. I should get back on the horse, but I'm still having a slight crisis of faith regarding that whole 'art' thing. I'll see how thing go.

Just realized after almost 2 years after game release that Durmand Priory members can get additional lore information when examining objects.

I've been a Priory member since launch, and I never knew this either. Wow. I wonder how much stuff just slips by unnoticed by 99% of the playerbase. They really should add in 'lore tracks' later for the three factions, so people can go back to maps and fill up a lorebook with this stuff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Twilight Spark, Elementalist: - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Trixie Treats, Mesmer - Hmmmmmm
Beyond Her Garden, Thief - Clever Pony Reference
Momo Bateson, Engineer - Breaht of Fire 3 owned
Ajora Glabados, Guardian - Final Fantasy Tactics
Revered Return, Warrior - One of many favorite tracks from Homestuck
Olive Rogue, Ranger - Another favorite Homestuck album track
that feel when there are ponies where you didn't realize there were ponies
Just realized after almost 2 years after game release that Durmand Priory members can get additional lore information when examining objects, e.g. a piece of Northern Wall rubble in Plains of Ashford next to the vista. My non-Priory characters didn't get the second text prompt.

The Order of Whispers appears to be the best, with many unique conversations with spies and access to hidden bases. What does the Vigil offer? Never noticed anything unique while exploring, other than access to their inner base.
That's actually pretty awesome. I'd noticed Whispers stuff but never saw that spot for the Priory. Man, there should actually be event branches you can only activate if you're in a certain order.

Article on interview that was given during E3 I think.
http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2014/06/17/e3-2014-anet-recaps-guild-wars-2s-season-one/

Waller and Whiteside did each offer one hint to players for the upcoming release. When asked what each of them would pack for a Season two journey, Whiteside answered "lots of water!" and Waller answered, "food to counter conditions or reduce condition duration." As for any other Season Two tidbits, we'll have to wait longer.

Maguma here we come!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Personally I think Whispers is kinda failed for being undercover. People know Whispers exist, the legions coordinate with them as well as your mentor, the Pale Tree knows their shit, etc.

Hell, the reveal to The Master was pretty... underwhelming.

AHAHAHA SYLVARI FIGHT NAKED, LOOK AT THIS:

BADASS PLANT CHILDREN PEOPLE.

I was suspect of Treehorn. This explains why he's only wearing leaves.

Proven

Aww, I was out all day and missed the character name talk. Honestly, all I have to say about my character names is that they're all crappy (some of them purposefully crappy) and I made sure to add "Smith" to each of them to keep a common link between them.

Trey the Adept is me. Kindal is a person I know whose name I really like. Miseducation, my Charr Ranger, is based on Lauryn Hill's classic album. Slight Work, my Sylvari mesmer, is a pun on the phrases slight work and sleight of hand. Nasty Slim is a thief I wanted to just call Slim, but threw Nasty (inspired by Nas) in front of it as Slim standalone was taken. Dime Soul just sounded cool. Mental Gear, my asuran engineer, is a pun on Metal Gear. Doctor Astonishing exists because the name Doctor Strange was taken.
You just made a friend.

Kos also means yogurt in Albanian so I'm either Kosova Warrior or Yogurt Warrior.

Yeah I'm not very imaginative with character naming.
I will call you Yogurt from now on.

Personally I think Whispers is kinda failed for being undercover. People know Whispers exist, the legions coordinate with them as well as your mentor, the Pale Tree knows their shit, etc.

Hell, the reveal to The Master was pretty... underwhelming.

The Order of Whispers are like the CIA or MI6. People know of them, and they're prominent enough to have to have public figures. But they aren't a secret organization, just an organization that deals with secrets.

BraXzy

Luftar means warrior in Albanian.

Kos also means yogurt in Albanian so I'm either Kosova Warrior or Yogurt Warrior.

Considering you love to give out nicknames, I think it's safe to say you are now known as Yogurt Warrior in my eye :p

Oh god. I like how water looks in the game.. but I'm not a fan of underwater combat so I hope there's not a lot of it.

Thorgal

So here's a question in regards to LS since we are getting nearer to s2:

As i understand it they give a new part of the story every week .
However once you complete that weeks episode are you locked out of trying it again ?
Can you only play the story instance once or will it reset after a period of time so you can run it again ?

If you can only run it once that would be annoying in case you miss anything .

Considering you love to give out nicknames, I think it's safe to say you are now known as Yogurt Warrior in my eye :p
You only have one eye? No wonder you suck at jumping puzzles.

Oh god. I like how water looks in the game.. but I'm not a fan of underwater combat so I hope there's not a lot of it.
They said bring water to drink, not there will be lots of water. We are going into a desert/waste area. Goddammit Barax.

So here's a question in regards to LS since we are getting nearer to s2:

As i understand it they give a new part of the story every week .
However once you complete that weeks episode are you locked out of trying it again ?
Can you only play the story instance once or will it reset after a period of time so you can run it again ?

If you can only run it once that would be annoying in case you miss anything .

From the sounds of it, no, you're not locked out of doing the instanced "story" side of i once you've completed it once. They even said, there would be achievements tied to doing them, that were hard, so that implies running them over and over until you've gotten all the achievements.

Bear in mind, Season 2 for Living World is being a bit new for all of us, due to the change in format they're making. So while we can guess a lot of things, nobody's really sure how things will pan out until we see it start.

From the sounds of it, Living World updates from this point forward will generally be two parts. An "intro" story instance for you (and a party?) to do, which lays the groundwork for what that episode is about. Then, there is open-world content to do (new zone to explore? new meta-events in existing zones? etc). Both were, in the past, repeatable (the open world stuff obviously would be), so I don't expect that to really change.

If only that was true and I didn't simply suck at them Yogurt!

No they didn't! Stop lying! They simply said "lots of water".. stop misinterpreterterating information.
Read again you smelly whaler. They were asked what would they PACK for season 2. Pack means bring with you in your inventory.

BraXzy

Read again you smelly whaler. They were asked what would they PACK for season 2. Pack means bring with you in your inventory.

Hahaha. There's reading between the lines, and then there is Kos. I think.. I think you're a genius.

Patch is up! (100MB) WvW vendorrrrrrr?

I think they need to go in that direction at least once. Imagine a fight like Taco, but entirely underwater, where people need to attack from certain directions to do damage, and the vulnerable direction changes.

Nice to imagine, but with the quantity of particle effects in the game, only way i can see them doing that would be by designating color bubbles around the mobs, unless they are absolutely gigantic. Like you mentioned, taco.

Even then, 3d combat only becomes really interesting when the player is allowed to rotate and move in any axis. GW2 only gives you the ability to move in XYZ underwater (at least afaik), and without rotation, the fun aspect of "which side is up?" is completely lost.

Still, would be great to see them try. Heck would be great to see them try, make it considerably challenging AND make it super rewarding, just to see some cray people walking around with legendary/ascended underwater weaponry.

BraXzy

Oh, these are back. Nice. I picked up the shield the first time they came around, it's a great shield.

I'm not too big a fan of anything I looked at, I didn't have a look at the shield though.

Right. When you log in, the tickets you already had will now be VOIDED. 100 tickets will come through the mail. Don't panic!

Go to the WvW vendor right by where you port in, and talk to him to RECLAIM your WvW reward chest.

And people are complaining about the changes to the world boss times, of course.

All the timer sites are going to need to be adjusted again, lol.

Boss Doggie

Ascended Sclerite Karka Shell isn't a different skin yes? I salvaged mine after realizing that I couldn't upgrade it lol

And people are complaining about the changes to the world boss times, of course.

The original slots weren't changed though right? They simply added new times, yes?

That baffles me. The new schedule is flat-out better. Gods forbid that, with the events happening more often, zones dont get absolutely swamped as much.

BraXzy

AND WOW THAT'S GREAT NEWS!

Good to see. I didn't often run into that but it was a damn pain when I did.

Lets hope the sites update quickly, aren't a few still outdated from the last time it changed? :L

The WvW vendor gives out quite a lot of stuff outside of Mistforged weapons. The chest itself gives you a Swig of WvW exp which levelled me up a couple of times. You can get Ascended Accesories, Gift of Heroes, Obsidian Shards a Mini Dolyak and infusions amongst other things.

BraXzy

As in the top middle and top right accessory slots? Without laurels or ectos? I could use those over skins.

Yup, literally named "Accessory" as opposed to ring or amulet. They cost 200 Tickets so you could buy 2 of them with 50 tickets left over for mats or something.

I don't know what to buy. I'm guessing we don't need to grab something straight away?

Forums are filling up with "wah I still didn't get my chest I only got 100 tickets in the mail wtf", when the mail itself says "speak with a Battle Historian in any WvW map to claim your chest".

EDIT: Funny, usually the Staff gets the nicer skins. It's pistols that get shafted.

Levito

Banned
Are Guild Missions this Saturday? Really loved doing them a couple weeks ago, was busy the past couple weekends though.

Boss Doggie

Forums are filling up with "wah I still didn't get my chest I only got 100 tickets in the mail wtf", when the mail itself says "speak with a Battle Historian in any WvW map to claim your chest".

EDIT: Funny, usually the Staff gets the nicer skins. It's pistols that get shafted.

I dunno, this one kinda feels eh compared to their usual GS/Sword/Dagger

But you're right, rifles and pistols do get the shaft.

Ended up with quite a nice haul thanks to that WvW meta. Got the Mistforged Dagger, Hero Shield and Mace, bought some WvW sips which got me an Exotic Shield in the chest.

EDIT: Also, from reddit, this is what a Dota 2 whale looks like. Remember, the game is 100% free to play, zero content is locked behind money.

k7Caorl.jpg

This dude spent over $4000 just buying skins, cosmetic items.

What I could do with that kind of money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom