• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
lMkRusR.png

I long for a powerful desktop that can produce pretty Guild Wars scenes.

I just happened upon a hidden JP after finding finding the last vista I needed in Lion's Arch to get 100%. It was in Sharkmaw Caverns and I had to jump into what looked like the mouth of a skeleton. It was so much fun and it was made even better by the fact I stumbled upon it.

This is my favorite puzzle. I can't remember who originally showed me it way back when, but it was one of you lot.

BraXzy

1. In due time.

2. Not happening haha

You're planning on making a nice desktop right? Make sure you build for the future so you can run The Division/Witcher 3 etc!

I just picked my buddy up from the airport. I don't know what it is about airports but I really really dislike them.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You're planning on making a nice desktop right? Make sure you build for the future so you can run The Division/Witcher 3 etc!

I just picked my buddy up from the airport. I don't know what it is about airports but I really really dislike them.

Yeah, I have a build laid out. Just waiting on the money.

Yes, but is there a reason? Like is this due to something Colin said regarding the game?

In the background of the image, is the Mystic Forge, with a Toilet pasted over it. People often call the Mystic Forge the Mystic Toilet, because you "flush" exotics down it in the hopes of getting a precursor. So the joke here is just that you flush many, many (over five thousand in some cases) exotics down the Mystic Toilet, in the hopes that a Precursor pops out.

Retro, what am I looking at? Another quote about improving Mystic Forge rates?

Edit: Pistol/Pistol Power Thief PvE demonstration. http://youtu.be/JU7OVGebefo

That really drives home how weak they are. Type lupicus thief solo in youtube and most of the videos are well under ten minutes dd/swp. That is even with the player having to dodge and stay away for a while, completely halting deeps. Unload is just.. bad =/
You can test that pretty well in those golems in Heart of the Mists.

Tbh if going ranged i'd rather have the blast finisher in the shortbow. Or go pistol dagger. Or anything, really.

Also you guys talking engie are making me cray jelly. I'm out of character slots, gods damn you!
Aww, there's a lovely thread in dnt where someone asks "wher ma engie specs?", brazil comes out with "eh, they don't seem particularly useful", math happens and "omg engies are awesome!" follows.

So, the title for today's article has been changed on the sidebar to "Introducing Points of Interest":
https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/tara-strong-the-voice-behind-the-villain/
GW2's Community Manager Rubi Bayer tweeted a couple of days ago
https://twitter.com/Rubi_/status/478570887646441472
about something [Redacted] in which Kate Welch ANet's UI Designer is involved.
Then Kate tweeted yesterday about [Redacted] happening today:
https://twitter.com/shegeekshow/status/479756597845970944
Also, today's Friday meaning that there's probably an official livestream planned for the evening. We know that Rubi is the person responsible for everything backstage when it comes to those streams and Kate has been on quite a few of them.
All in all, could this be an announcement for yet another Living World feature or something that ANet is hyping for no particular reason?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/28mnv9/any_speculation_on_this/

Hopefully today's site update will have something interesting.

Come to think of it, i've never actually done the new Teq. Really should give it a shot sometime soon. Probably in july as i'll be out of town from today till June 30.

Also, why is the celestial stuff still so timegated? No other stat set is, and given the limited supply and account bound nature of the set, is it even really necessary?

Staffs seems decent as a Condi support in WvW, but I don't know if there's enough damage for PvE.

There isnt aaaand marks do bugger all to structures.

Its really pretty much dagger focus warhorn. You can wing it with axe, scepter or a lifeblast build too.

For pvp/wvw, staves and condi are freaking awesome.

(well "isn't" is too strong a term. Better to say that it is considerably suboptimal compared to the other choices, mostly due to the way marks trigger and bleed stacks work)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh it's a pun, ha. New Livestream show, that's pretty cool. Radio silence except for this woulda been a better way to offer a season 1 recap. Coulda appended Tara Strong's little interview as a bumper or closing clip.

Moondrop

Banned
My old Beastmaster build cannot be resuscitated; the nerf to pet damage and the rune changes that prevent and discourage mixed sets were too severe. Sure you can still 1v1, but it wouldn't crack the top 10 ranger 1v1 builds. Rest in pieces.

Trying a quickness stomp variation is even more ludicrous- it would only work in a coordinated team, and no coordinated team should let you take such subpar options.

Though one upside to my testing is there may be a place for beastmastery love in this new Rune of the Pirate craze. It appears ranger skills such as sword #1 might stacking apply to the parrot. But this is tough to test as you can't use dummies.

Hyunashi

Ehh I thought staff necro is fine in pve. Works well with wells too.

No staff is pretty worthless, you can still have your wells with dagger/axe MH + focus/warhorn OH. Personally, I love how much damage death shroud delivers but its too bad the Necro's weakness is lack of cleave. As has been mentioned, staff is great in sPVP and WvW though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i guess staff will start to suck in dungeons later. I've found it fun so far with minions. i understand neither of those things are supposed to be viable for pve really, but fun.

xeris

i guess staff will start to suck in dungeons later. I've found it fun so far with minions. i understand neither of those things are supposed to be viable for pve really, but fun.

I tend to carry it for when I need range, but yeah it's not really all that great a bang for your buck in pve. This is especially true on my power necro where the conditions are kinda pointless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tend to carry it for when I need range, but yeah it's not really all that great a bang for your buck in pve. This is especially true on my power necro where the conditions are kinda pointless.
ah yeah, it's definitely aoe condition fuel + a life force regenerator, I can totally see uselessness for power builds.

No staff is pretty worthless, you can still have your wells with dagger/axe MH + focus/warhorn OH. Personally, I love how much damage death shroud delivers but its too bad the Necro's weakness is lack of cleave. As has been mentioned, staff is great in sPVP and WvW though.
I really enjoy running around in PvE with Sceptor/Dagger + Corruptions. To me cleave is mainly an issue when using line-of-sight in dungeon runs to burn down mobs. If you're soloing mobs in the open world then a necro's AoEs/bounces are so abundant that I don't care above cleaving. Bleeding, vulnerability, weakness, poison, torment, cripple, blindness in 6 seconds? So much fun seeing all those numbers jump around. Then you hit sceptor 3 after all those conditions to refill your life force bar.

There's just something about applying might and bleeding to yourself with Blood is Power, then transferring those stacks of bleeding to an already bleeding undead Orrian with dagger 4 and watching that HP just sink from medium range that's quite satisfying.

Good protip from the wiki page: You can fire off the dagger 4 swarm, then apply BiP, and as long as the self-condi comes up before the swarm hits the opponent, the conditions will still transfer.

BraXzy

I made some epic progress on my Warrior today. I can't remember what level I started on but I must have gone up at least 15 levels. I'm now level 49!

I did a bit of everything today, map completion, EotM, World Bosses.. There were so many people at a couple of the bosses that my game completely crashed and I missed out on loot -.-

To clarify some things on condi, bleed stacks and all, I hopped onto HotM and found a golem to pound. Tested the 5 classes i had available to see what kinda bleed stacks they could get. TBH, i did not quite know what to expect. Anyway, screenshotted everything in case anyone can`t reproduce the results

On warrior:
DW Axe MH: 4 bleed stacks.
GS: no worries, 3-4 bleed stacks.
Rifle: 8 stacks autoattacking. Literally.
Bow. 6 stacks when you press 5. 10 stacks if you proceed to autoattack. Yerp.
Sword MH: 20 stacks autoattacking. Axe offhand. Crit capped.. If you pop burst, well...

Yes, a warrior by himself can inflict TWENTY FREAKING FIVE stacks of bleed. I was a bit surprised.

On guard: Lol wut bleeds

On thief: Surprisingly not a problem. Methinks i`m missing something here, tho
Pistol MH will give you 6 stacks just autoattacking, go pistol dagger and you can hit 10 stacks. Thankfully not a common pve setup.
DD can reach 14 stacks just spamming 3, but really, who plays like that? Largely irrelevant.
Bow will cause 4 stacks with regular use of 2.

On ele: was a bit surprised here, tbh
Staff ele only has bleeds on Earth 2. Problems are: its a blast finisher, aaand it causes 6 stacks at once.
Scepter dagger ele can literally hit 12 stacks for a while by autoattacking. Pop 5 and you hit 15 stacks. 5 by itself causes 8 freaking stacks and is a blast finisher.

On necro: staff/scepter dagger, rabid gear
Can prolly hit 21, i forgot about marks on dodge.

If you've a single elementalist doing blasts tagging along with you, you'll hit bleed cap. If you`ve a pistol rogue, or dude really likes dagger dagger 3? Cap. If you've a GS/Axe warrior? You`ll be fine. If you've more than any one of those? Problem. If you`'ve a sword warrior? May the gods have mercy on your soul.

When I say people hit bleed stacks all the time in group, it ain't hyperbole, mates. It aint speedrunners either. It simply happens.

Wanna play staff/scepter condi MM necro? Have fun. Game aint balanced around cutting edge. You wont be harming the team. Your bleed stack will most likely stay at 15ish most of the time. Every person in Gaf would be delighted to have you in their group, and if they don't, fuck them.

Make no mistake, tho. The way condi works in pve, you will be deprived of your potential very often in group pve settings.

spiritfox

How common are the other damaging stack Condis like Torment and Confusion anyway? Burning and Poison stacks duration so multiple users might not be that bad, even if they don't deal as much as Bleed.

Spirit, not very. If you've a mobile enemy, torment is probably the best condition in the game., but there are very few sources for it in the game. Confusion... None of my classes has it (aside from some corrupt boon necro shenanigans) so i'll refrain from comenting on it.

Burning is quite common, and only stacks to 9, it is the main guardian condi, and obviously a part of the elementalist toolset. Same goes for poison, but with thief. A condi necro will also end up stacking poison while doing his rotations.

spiritfox

Hmm, didn't know that duration stacking condis have a limit too. Torment is kinda useless in PvE since stacking is so prevalent, meaning the mobs shouldn't be moving too much anyway. But does stuff like knockback proc the Torment damage? If so, I can see it being a cheese tactic in PvP.

The condi stacking limit means that having more than one user in a party is actually harmful, since damage is actually being lost. I get there's supposed to be some sort of balance issue, but it really hurts anyone who wants to play with condis, and part of why Zerk is so popular, since the other main form of damage is hard capped.

Edit: hmm, if Confusion or Torment were more common if might help alleviate the issue a bit, as condi users would have an alternative once Bleed hits its cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom