• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

You won't see Confusion or Torment become more available, because of PvP issues. And yeah, half the classes in the game can reach 25 stacks of bleed alone in some sort of build: Warrior, Ranger, Necro, and Thief. I think technically Mesmer can too. Hey, I just noticed that that's the approximate order of time and difficulty for it to happen in a team fight.

Have the Quaggan Games been bugged since launch? I tried the DE for the second time ever and the champions still don't do anything:

yOHh54E.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GAFractals are really a lot of fun theses days! Thanks for getting so many people on board, Zeroth. I think I'll kit my Mesmer out with some simple infusions finally, the class really does shine on like more than half the fractals and bosses...
Weapon testing fractal is annoying at high levels.
hehe once we got everybody out of the tunnel together it wasn't bad. Thanks for coming! Dredge bomb and car changes were very welcome. Gotta see the other path changes, but I'm pretty sure I like all the fractals now which puts them back as some of my favorite content.

BraXzy

In regards to Fractals, or more specifically their rewards.. From what I gather, the better my reward level (RL) the better the loot. Each time I complete a Fractal that is higher than my reward level will increase my RL by 1.

So since I've only done one Fractal so far, and my RL is 1, my best bet atm would be to do low level Fractals to gradually get my RL up and do harder and harder Fractals as I go along? And then I'll eventually get a chance at some good loot?

Zeroth

In regards to Fractals, or more specifically their rewards.. From what I gather, the better my reward level (RL) the better the loot. Each time I complete a Fractal that is higher than my reward level will increase my RL by 1.

So since I've only done one Fractal so far, and my RL is 1, my best bet atm would be to do low level Fractals to gradually get my RL up and do harder and harder Fractals as I go along? And then I'll eventually get a chance at some good loot?

Pretty much, yes. Though the loot thing is based on the fractal reward tier. There's more info on that here.

BraXzy

Pretty much, yes. Though the loot thing is based on the fractal reward tier. There's more info on that here.

Thanks for the link! It disappoints me that pretty much all Bags of Coin are just a 2-4 silver drop. I always hoped there was a really small chance that a few G would come out of one :3

Mxrz

Fort Aspenwood is defending Yak's BL for them. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

And it continues. Can't pick on yaks without its FA lover showing up to save its dainty little girlfriend.

BraXzy

Fort Aspenwood is defending Yak's BL for them. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

And it continues. Can't pick on yaks without its FA lover showing up to save its dainty little girlfriend.

The WvW reset this week didn't do us many favours did it. We're stuck with FA again who recently had a guild/server move over to them? HoD or something? AND we're red again. And being red in WvW never goes well!

What's funny, is FA talks the same way about SBI. Reading much intent into perceived actions, etc.

Katoki

Only thing is that we don't have guilds coming in to pad our numbers save for that one "big" guild that we rarely see more than 5-10 or so of. I do notice we have all these small groups coming out of the woodwork as of late but no actual force beyond what we usually have that's shrinking.

Not that I care as of right now. Likely burnt out.

Mxrz

What's funny, is FA talks the same way about SBI. Reading much intent into perceived actions, etc.

I dunno how else to perceive them wiping our small group, then abandoning hills with inner down and little resistance. Then doing it again at SW tower each time we knocked on it.

I don't think its some giant conspiracy, people were fighting plenty in other maps, but that's some shenanigans.

Sorry I couldn't stay for Rush, had to rush (ha) to the Mario Kart 8 tourney.

Have some photos:

Gqkv6bt.jpg

Gonna miss this place when it goes away (?) in a few weeks.

Qw0PNH5.jpg

Not enough people at Supplies.

tDexOZW.jpg

Kos likes them big and furry.

KYiPwoG.jpg

Ménage à trois. Très risqué!

BraXzy

Told you, you dirty Marmite eaters.

Hey hey hey, like I said.. sometimes people get confused.. even those people who create the product. They just need to ammend their web page.

Btw, when I called you Gattsboy in guild chat, Roxie misread it as "Goatboy" and it is now your new nickname, just a heads up ^^

BraXzy

I don't like this new name.

You don't get to pick the names life gives you :p

It's 'nut-ella'. Like nut, with an 'ella'. It's 'gif', with a hard g like 'gift'.

Doesn't matter what the companies or creators think.

Well said! Like I said, companies just get confused and lose their way. It's our job to correct them.

I put my winnings right back into the guild transfer fund, some poor EU player who hasn't been able to join us wins this week.

The guild transfer fund is all lies! It's a scam I tell you!
You're a awesome Retro <3

DrAg0nBoY

Just a question. Finaly finishing my personal story with my first char (got the game like a year ago) and would just like to know how hard is it to get a party for the Victory or Death mission?

And how long is this mission actually because I saw, that it is actually a dungeon?

spiritfox

Just a question. Finaly finishing my personal story with my first char (got the game like a year ago) and would just like to know how hard is it to get a party for the Victory or Death mission?

And how long is this mission actually because I saw, that it is actually a dungeon?

It's Arah Story mode basically. I'm also looking for a party to finish this mission, so maybe we can set a time?

BraXzy

I've not done any of my personal story on my Charr and very little in my Thief. I keep meaning to get round to it but I haven't yet for whatever reason.. how long roughly is it? In terms of how many 'quests' you do?

I'd gladly do the dungeon with you if I catch up before you do it.

spiritfox

I am from Europe and play on Gandara, if this is no problem? Will be on in 5 hours probably.

That's too late for me. Maybe next week?

I've not done any of my personal story on my Charr and very little in my Thief. I keep meaning to get round to it but I haven't yet for whatever reason.. how long roughly is it? In terms of how many 'quests' you do?

I'd gladly do the dungeon with you if I catch up before you do it.

There's like 50 missions total, though most of them are pretty fast. You can see the progression on the wiki if you want to.

BraXzy

There's like 50 missions total, though most of them are pretty fast. You can see the progression on the wiki if you want to.

Thanks guys, I better get cracking I wanna get it done on my Charr before Season 2 myself.

I should really stop trying Liadri. It only makes me hate the game.

Darn, still not had any luck with it? Which class are you doing it on?

Complistic

I should really stop trying Liadri. It only makes me hate the game.

If you can't get her by now, I would A) drastically change up everything you've been trying. Like maybe a different build entirely. Or B) Give up and aim to get good enough to beat her next time she's available.

Retro

It goes very quickly since they changed it last year. A well-geared group of 80s can destroy it pretty quickly, the worst part is just waiting for stuff to happen and then spamming 2.

I am from Europe and play on Gandara, if this is no problem? Will be on in 5 hours probably.

This is going to be a problem since NA and EU players cannot play cross-server. However, you should be able to find a group at your regular play time easier via LFG. Make sure you note that it's Arah Story though or you'll be in for... um... yeah.

Oh ok. Then I will try my luck later with LFG. Thank you anyways.

We have a transfer fund to help European players transfer to SBI so they can play with us. Lots of non-NA players in our guild and I think their lag is not that bad. Let us know if you are interested in joining us.

If you can't get her by now, I would A) drastically change up everything you've been trying. Like maybe a different build entirely. Or B) Give up and aim to get good enough to beat her next time she's available.

I was in the same boat as Okamikun, and what helped me the most is watching a video of someone else doing the fight. I noticed that the biggest issue for me was not understanding the AoE patter and where I should move.

Liadri for me was all about movement and having enough condition removal so I can keep moving as Liadri was chasing me around the room, and always having a dodge available to get out of the AoE attack. If you get the movement right you never even have to dodge just auto-attack and walk around in circles.

spiritfox

Thanks guys, I better get cracking I wanna get it done on my Charr before Season 2 myself.

Darn, still not had any luck with it? Which class are you doing it on?

Brax, let's do Arah together. Tell me when you're up to it.

Sorry Dragonboy, didn't know you where on an EU server. Come over and join us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom