• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

What's a good stat distro for thief? I'll most be using her for WvW roaming I guess, and want some bulk so I don't die in 1 hit. Is Soldier good?

Thorgal

Yeah, speed runs are pretty nice. Also teach you (me) a lot about positioning if you've never done them before, plus i find it fun in a "let us see how ridiculously fast we can clear this place out" way. Shattering the CoF2 crystal in one go still gives me feels.

So... best pug ever?

On pugs, i should say I've been pugging more and more and i've been fortunate enough not to meet the most toxic elements of the community, in no small part thanks to their lovely tendency to straight out label themselves as such when LFG'ing. Just gotta avoid them "5k+ AP Full Zerk Gear Meta Build or kick" chaps like the plague.

Also I'm pretty sure me, ike and ennui could 3man CoF1 by now, were it not for the brazier bit >_>

invite me along next time . i want to do cof 1 .

BraXzy

What's a good stat distro for thief? I'll most be using her for WvW roaming I guess, and want some bulk so I don't die in 1 hit. Is Soldier good?

I have mostly Soldier armour, with a bit of Zerk pieces in amongst it, and then full Zerk trinkets. I'm not sure what runes I've got but they aren't great because I can't currently afford some decent ones.

For damage, ogre is a *very* nice and cheap alternative to scholar. Full set shouls cost you less than seven G. Way better than that damn privateer rune too.

Alas, spirit asked pvp, so i dunno.

tomedo

Google drive says that the Guild Wars 2 Gamepad.zip linked in the OP is infected with a virus and does not let me download it. Any mirrors?

I hear you, brother.

The wait has been to long in my opinion.

The gap did give me time to finish up some things, I'll probably be done with my full Ascended Armour by the time the season starts - but I've been missing that 'stuff happens, time moves forward' feeling the Living World brings.

The gap did give me time to finish up some things, I'll probably be done with my full Ascended Armour by the time the season starts - but I've been missing that 'stuff happens, time moves forward' feeling the Living World brings.
That is my favourite part of this game. Also with the rumors of finally the world expanding the wait feels really long.

BraXzy

Unfortunately not for me, I wish I could afford to fly to Germany and attend though!

I cannot wait to be a part of the ongoing change to the world that people always mention when Living World is brought up. Soon I'll get to taste what everyone has been hyping up :D

DrAg0nBoY

Only had my ascended mantle left to complete my set today, but was running pretty low on gold. Did an AC123, COF12, SE1, and a TA UP and had more than enough to get my remaining mats.

I had no idea people were speed clearing AC like that these days.

Well I haven't done any dungeon yet, so that is no option for me, yet.

Don't know what I should do now. Go for map completition, do meta events or just try to do some dungeons. Any ideas/advice?

Emitan

PvE I go full Zerker and use Pistol 5 for perma blind. You don't need survivability if you can't get hit :)

No idea for PvP or WvW though

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm planning on adding a new warrior... but I still can't pick between condi warrior or tank warrior. I guess condi warrior would be too redundant since I already have zerk warrior, so a PVT warrior would be good?

From the IGN article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/23/the-15-most-beautiful-locations-in-guild-wars-2

I noticed this in the comments:

Z4QWPsl.png

0ZuzN24.png

5OrnFgb.png

cK7CoSe.png

I really, really, hate that term now. I think half the people that complain about no 'end game', don't even know what 'end game' is.

9fBjxWU.png

If you like grinding for gear, boy, have I got a list as long as my arm of games you could be playing... Or perhaps the person above should talk to this person:

jUSBJb6.png

Lastly:

e8jpl5v.png

nHqaLnf.jpg

There. Just had to get that out of my system.

Stop reading comments Miktar.

GW2 doesn't have the end game that they want which is what they are trying to say.

Also I guess these guys never tried to make an ascended item or legendary.

Thorgal

Why do i get this nagging feeling i am gonna need to expand my bank space due to all the new items i am likely to hoard during S2

Is this a good idea ? how much NEW stuff did they throw at you in S1 ?

Retro

Google drive says that the Guild Wars 2 Gamepad.zip linked in the OP is infected with a virus and does not let me download it. Any mirrors?

None that I know of, I will ask Hawkian to investigate as it's his and Weltall's project.

Eight more days until Season 2. I can't wait - I've really been missing the content updates.

I've been lucky to have Dark Souls 2 to distract me, but even with that I'm still really anxious to see what's coming.

Why do i get this nagging feeling i am gonna need to expand my bank space due to all the new items i am likely to hoard during S2

Is this a good idea ? how much NEW stuff did they throw at you in S1 ?

Lots, honestly. New currencies for the festivals and stuff. I dunno that you'd need to buy a new bank tab, but maybe clean the existing ones up a bit (or use an alt as a mule).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Google drive is lying! Actually know, what you can do is look in instructions.txt (while looking at the zip on Google drive, you should be able to just open it up), and you can follow the "instructions for paranoid people" (er, cautious people) at the bottom to get the two actual applications needed (the only .exes involved). Then you can just download Guild Wars 2 Script.ahk and the Guild Wars 2 xpadder profile and you'll be good to go I believe.

Although I vouch for the zip in its entirety itself. There's nothing nefarious in there whatsoever. Unfortunately there aren't any permanent mirrors. If you can't get it set up by downloading the individual files you need let me know and I can rezip everything and host a mediafire link I guess.
I hear you, brother.

The wait has been to long in my opinion.
I haven't even come close to finishing all the games I thought I'd like to in the interim. I'd actually say this was spot on for a break and I hope they make it around this much time after every season, with a festival event during that time like this one. Remember, it's not too long before the complaints about everything moving too fast return :D

BraXzy

From the IGN article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/23/the-15-most-beautiful-locations-in-guild-wars-2

I noticed this in the comments:

Z4QWPsl.png

0ZuzN24.png

5OrnFgb.png

cK7CoSe.png

I really, really, hate that term now. I think half the people that complain about no 'end game', don't even know what 'end game' is.

9fBjxWU.png

If you like grinding for gear, boy, have I got a list as long as my arm of games you could be playing... Or perhaps the person above should talk to this person:

jUSBJb6.png

Lastly:

e8jpl5v.png

nHqaLnf.jpg

There. Just had to get that out of my system.

They almost look like.. whats the word.. where a company pretends to comment as a random person. I mean, three people all say its beautiful but no end game? Sounds like competition just trying to make a negative view. Either way eh, their loss!

I already bought an extra bank tab, so I have a whole empty one atm. Still not sure whether to leave it as is or get one more.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm planning on adding a new warrior... but I still can't pick between condi warrior or tank warrior. I guess condi warrior would be too redundant since I already have zerk warrior, so a PVT warrior would be good?
There's a lot of debate on how to build a "tank warrior." I would argue that my cleric is tankier than any other distribution, but let's put that aside. Those who argue other versions of a tankier warrior do not go PTV. They mix and match soldier, berserker, knight, valkyrie, and/or cavalier to achieve over 3k attack, 3k armor, and 30% crit. If you just go PTV you'll have high power but you won't do as much DPS as an optimized distribution.

Also hats off to you if you can beat Liadri with a staff ele, but that sounds way too difficult to me. With what do you hit her? She's too mobile for lava font. I'd say grab your rifle and kite her.

Just had to get that out of my system.
People talk of "seeing what one wants to see," and that's true. But there's another level that is people work within their own definitions of words and concepts, and those limit what they're able to see.

Is this a good idea ?
In my experience the quantity of items in your inventory will expand to fill the available inventory space regardless of total inventory size, the number of characters you have, or the content released.

Retro

ahhhh yes, its korean roots, shooting up from the topsoil of scenic Bellevue, Korea

Well, the soundtrack was done by Jeremy Seoul.

Also, I know it's the crappy comments section of IGN, but the incorrect use of that second "It's" makes me wish very uncomfortable things upon Yun_Jurgen's mother's hiney.

Thorgal

Thanks for the dungeon run guys lots of fun .

I really wish i could talk more to you guys but i would be waking people up .

Also since my PC is in the living room it would be kind of annoying when other people are watching TV for both me and them .

When i can ill join in the talks . bad English and all :p

Thanks for the dungeon run guys lots of fun .

I really wish i could talk more to you guys but i would be waking people up .

Also since my PC is in the living room it would be kind of annoying when other people are watching TV for both me and them .

When i can ill join in the talks . bad English and all :p
Don't worry about it. Hope the other members weren't being too annoying on mumble. I tried my best to keep it civil.

Also I've heard you speak English and you spoke just fine.

Also it was interesting having to res someone more than Hawkian. Would do it again.

Moondrop

Banned
PSA: You can see when a guildie is involved in an active LFG.

I was looking at my friends list and happened to check the LFG when one of the profession icons was lit up gold instead of white. Sure enough it was Vyrance looking for pugs to help him find a pavilion. Y'all probably already know this, but I was impressed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's a lot of debate on how to build a "tank warrior." I would argue that my cleric is tankier than any other distribution, but let's put that aside. Those who argue other versions of a tankier warrior do not go PTV. They mix and match soldier, berserker, knight, valkyrie, and/or cavalier to achieve over 3k attack, 3k armor, and 30% crit. If you just go PTV you'll have high power but you won't do as much DPS as an optimized distribution.

Also hats off to you if you can beat Liadri with a staff ele, but that sounds way too difficult to me. With what do you hit her? She's too mobile for lava font. I'd say grab your rifle and kite her.

Hmm... sounds like a tank warrior is more hassle than I thought.

And well, my staff ele managed to nearly kill her before actually. I was only screwed by interface (you know, the one where you press W, your character will not move to "your" forward but to his?)

PSA: You can see when a guildie is involved in an active LFG.

I was looking at my friends list and happened to check the LFG when one of the profession icons was lit up gold instead of white. Sure enough it was Vyrance looking for pugs to help him find a pavilion. Y'all probably already know this, but I was impressed.

Yup; it even shows them gold if they're representing another Guild.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Don't worry about it. Hope the other members weren't being too annoying on mumble. I tried my best to keep it civil.

Also I've heard you speak English and you spoke just fine.

Also it was interesting having to res someone more than Hawkian. Would do it again.

giphy.gif

tomedo

Although I vouch for the zip in its entirety itself. There's nothing nefarious in there whatsoever. Unfortunately there aren't any permanent mirrors. If you can't get it set up by downloading the individual files you need let me know and I can rezip everything and host a mediafire link I guess.

I managed to get all the files I needed by downloading them individually. I just needed to add them to my own Google Drive first. Thanks!

DrAg0nBoY

God it sounds that you have so much fun with dungeons and fractals. It seems that I will have to make a transfer asap :D.

Probably will buy the gems and hope for a 1000 gem transfer then, because I really don't want to pay 30 euro for that.

_woLf

oh man most of Miktar's comment dump was rehashed weak sauce but I kind of love this one

ahhhh yes, its korean roots, shooting up from the topsoil of scenic Bellevue, Korea

ArenaNet's building is about 10-15 mins away from anything in that picture, way out of the actual City. :p

I fired up GW1 tonight just for the fun of it and it's changed a lot since I last actually played (logged on many times just to reminisce)...strange colored guild cape trims, guild emotes, etc. What's left of this game's community is a bit weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom