• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suriel was one of the ones I got stuck on for awhile. Liadri took longest, then Strugar and Chomper, then the Pirates I'd say.

Hamli is super easy. Go dagger pistol and trait for high burst DPS. I usually go Signet of Malice (Healing), Haste, Signet of Agility, Assassin's Signet and Basilisk Venom. Each run just Stealth to him, drop a blind every 5 or so seconds and use haste to kill him quick. I usually kill him within 20 seconds.

No need for dropping 5. Just use Shadow Shot every time he swings. Blinds and causes up to 4k damage while also being 2 points cheaper.

You can also trade haste for Ambush and drop the trap on top of him, 35sec cooldown but I really couldn't quite determine if the damage the thief could put out was worth halting autoattack.

BraXzy

http://gw2timer.com/?page=Map&section=Personal has a section for personal stuff like checking off your daily dungeons, etc.

Thank you Miktar, this is exactly what I was after! :D

No need for dropping 5. Just use Shadow Shot every time he swings. Blinds and causes up to 4k damage while also being 2 points cheaper.

You can also trade haste for Ambush and drop the trap on top of him, 35sec cooldown but I really couldn't quite determine if the damage the thief could put out was worth halting autoattack.

I suppose so but I have sometimes gone down from his auto attacks so I like dropping the 5 too. But yeah I should have mentioned, using Pistol 3 as well is good for blinding + doing damage.

Also, did I mention I JUST HIT LEVEL 80 on my Warrior! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway to make guardian fun again? I got to about 53 with my guardian but I found it boring and stopped. Was going greatsword and shield/mace to switch out.

BraXzy

Now that I'm level 80, I want to gear up. People in guild chat are suggestion full Zerk stuff as far as the stats go. I'll be doing WvW as well as Dungeon runs of course so I don't know what would be best, I haven't even started thinking on builds yet.

I've got 3.5K Badges of Honor so I'll want to use them for my gear. I'll probably get an Ascended Amulet with Laurels and Badges.. I do also have 1K Flame Legion Carvings to spend at the Dungeon Vendor as an option. Any advice is welcomed!

Anyway to make guardian fun again? I got to about 53 with my guardian but I found it boring and stopped. Was going greatsword and shield/mace to switch out.

I had the most fun with Guard in EotM, running around with staff and GS, tagging everything and learning how to zerg prune. Open World content wasn`t particularly fun until i loaded up on dps gear, at which point it became my most fun class to play.

Now that I'm level 80, I want to gear up. People in guild chat are suggestion full Zerk stuff as far as the stats go. I'll be doing WvW as well as Dungeon runs of course so I don't know what would be best, I haven't even started thinking on builds yet.

I've got 3.5K Badges of Honor so I'll want to use them for my gear. I'll probably get an Ascended Amulet with Laurels and Badges.. I do also have 1K Flame Legion Carvings to spend at the Dungeon Vendor as an option. Any advice is welcomed!

Depends on what you wanna do with the warrior, really. PvE dps? Zerk. Flame Legion armor and weapons will do just fine. Alternatively, you can also buy assassin's gear super cheap, and it does pretty much the same dps as zerk until you're crit capped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

If we're going all out here since Basilisk Venom isn't of particular use you could swap in Thieves' Guild and use Shadowshot but only until the 50% mark then pop one Black Powder and Heartseeker for Stealth + backstab to kill him in a ridiculously short amount of time. But it's an easy fight and this conversation is hilarious

This is for the warrior, right? Zerker for PvE, Soldier's for WvW will do you just fine.
Hammer

BraXzy

If we're going all out here since Basilisk Venom isn't of particular use you could swap in Thieves' Guild and use Shadowshot but only until the 50% mark then pop one Black Powder and Heartseeker for Stealth + backstab to kill him in a ridiculously short amount of time. But it's an easy fight and this conversation is hilarious

This is for the warrior, right? Zerker for PvE, Soldier's for WvW will do you just fine.

Hammer

Stop talking about it then Hawk! Now that I remember, look what Hawk did last night in the name of science! He wanted to see what happened when we let the event fail :p

pWugtar.jpg

NPC died and we had to leave her behind. Evil Hawk!

I tried that. Ended up getting me killed a coupla times due to heartseeker not critting and me being suddenly outta points. Will give it another spin and see how it goes.

The idea, however, is not to discuss how best to best the fierce challenge that is hammerguy hammerhamer, but to get a build that allows you to do the fight as fast as possible because you (I) have some... i think i still have about 500 gauntlet chances to farm... so, y`know, GOTTA GO FASSSST

Mxrz

Guardian weapon choices are pretty specialized, too much so. For leveling greatsword is just going to be more efficient. I got bored of it too. But it isn't until you're 80, and doing wvw/pvp/dungeons that the other weapons can shine a bit.

For the most part, you're going to have to make your own fun with utility skills. Racial skills can liven things up a little. You can also run around with 3 spirit weapons out, teleporting around with Judge's & Merciful intervention. Guardians don't 'need' their elite as much as some clases, and certainly not when leveling. I played around with the charr elites quite a bit.

One thing: the staff is a trap. Its great as a weapon swap for the swiftness when running about (and wards later), but don't get into the habit of attacking with it. Its terrible dps. Great for zerg tagging though. * Mentioning it cause recently there's been something like a silly witch hunt from the public at large over this. Its dumb, but you have pugs just waiting to flip out at the sight of a guardian staff.

Nope, monocle skins are still weight-based. It sucks. And Azurite Orbs are back, kinda. You can mine them in the Molten Facility fractal.
Huh. Well that blows. Now it doesn't seem worth it. For a similar gold cost,I could universally unlock a top hat or something.

Lunar15

Even though it's been a few months since I've played seriously, I'm still totally on point with everything that's going on.

I can't wait to fight Mothra in Mr. Magoo's house next week!

BraXzy

Hawk we need to test out whether Home Instance nodes are unique to each person or if you only get one type per day. Speaking of which, how do you enter other peoples home instances?

K.Sabot

So after about an hour of figuring out what my character's name was (by looking at old screenshots posted in old gaf threads) and finding my CD key (by finding the FIRST CD key I bought for the game, I was confused that my key didn't work until I realized that I bought a key for my brother) I finally managed to send an email to myself to reset my account password because I don't remember it.

Problem is, the email that I got to reset my password sends me back to the page that sends me another email to reset my password.

Edit: I wonder which will break first if I abuse this, my email account or their servers? If I get banned it's not like I was gonna be playing anyways.

Hawk we need to test out whether Home Instance nodes are unique to each person or if you only get one type per day. Speaking of which, how do you enter other peoples home instances?

If you've mined a home instance node, it's mined for your account for that day, until reset. Doesn't matter if you mined it from your home instance, or by going into someone elses.

You enter someone else's instance the same way you do dungeons. You party with them, they enter, you accept the dialogue box to enter.

BraXzy

If you've mined a home instance node, it's mined for your account for that day, until reset. Doesn't matter if you mined it from your home instance, or by going into someone elses.

You enter someone else's instance the same way you do dungeons. You party with them, they enter, you accept the dialogue box to enter.

Ahh right gotcha, ahh well. That could have been fun to do once a day :3

Hyunashi

Seems like the people on reddit think there wont be a new map next week for season 2. Official forums are going to melt if the gates to Mag take 2 weeks to open hahha

Shiokazu

my bet is that there will be a meta event about the sandstorm. something like, inside the sandstorm well be afflicted with blindness every 2s or so. or just not able to hit anything at all. + no vision field.

im also getting ready to fight some serious wurm trouble.

Retro

Seems like the people on reddit think there wont be a new map next week for season 2. Official forums are going to melt if the gates to Mag take 2 weeks to open hahha

It's certainly possible. The first update could just bring changes to Brisbane Wildlands (we do know from That_Shaman's datamining that the southwest corner of that zone will be changing) as a prelude to opening the next zone. I'm hopeful they won't, because one of the things the Living World CDI made clear is that the Flame and Frost chapters were far too much of a slow burn for most peoples' tastes. They're also likely working on a different release cadence this season (S1 ran for a whole year, I think S2 will be more like a few months of updates, then a break (with a feature update in the middle of it), then it picks up again.

We'll just have to see how it shakes out. I'm really hopeful for a new map though. It'd be a little bit of a cocktease to show what is obviously a new map and then not let us play in it.

my bet is that there will be a meta event about the sandstorm. something like, inside the sandstorm well be afflicted with blindness every 2s or so. or just not able to hit anything at all. + no vision field.

im also getting ready to fight some serious wurm trouble.

I was thinking, it would actually be really cool if the Sandstorm was a zone-wide meta event that occurred within a set window throughout the day, during which the zone became much more hostile (but rewarding). Something like the Scarlet Invasions where there's a fixed amount of time in which the sandstorm occurs, and while it's in effect there are new events all over the place; some kind of monsters come up out of the sand (like the giant devourers in the trailer, or something like an antlion) and you have to spread around the zone and fight them off. Or you can seek shelter outside of the storm in certain 'safe' areas that have events of their own ("Defend the camp from the hostile sand creatures!") at the end of the sandstorm, the zone's performance is tallied and everyone gets a reward, or something special happens in the zone, or whatever.

Ashodin

Honestly ANet needs to go balls to the wall and just throw up a new zone. People will go absolutely nuts and megaserver means there will always be people around.

Proven

Thanks to Lump, I just quickly logged on and bought a replacement Toxic Spore Skin for almost half the price I sold it off as when I first got one during the Toxic Tower event!

Did some fractals tonight, my first ever 39 (personal reward level 19, finally hit 20 afterwards). We had the mistlock instability that meant we shouldn't apply chilled, poison, or confusion to enemies (or they get buffed instead). That was actually really interesting: trying to resist automatically using skills thanks to muscle memory, and be a bit more mindful of which skills you use.

RFPQHQi.jpg

We also four-manned Bloomhunger.

rAClDIB.jpg

"What do you mean, you didn't bring the key."

xeris

Ahh right gotcha, ahh well. That could have been fun to do once a day :3

There is a sorta kinda exception. If they have a node unlocked that you don't in their "home" you can still mine it. Still once per day, but nice if you don't have the crystal one yourself.

Did some fractals tonight, my first ever 39 (personal reward level 19, finally hit 20 afterwards). We had the mistlock instability that meant we shouldn't apply chilled, poison, or confusion to enemies (or they get buffed instead). That was actually really interesting: trying to resist automatically using skills thanks to muscle memory, and be a bit more mindful of which skills you use.
"

List of Mistlock..
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistlock_Instabilities

The worst one so far for me is Outflanked, it's horrible against AoE and the damage is crazy, normal enemies can hit you for 8k and i have a ton of toughness, HP on my guard is around 19k an AoE from an elite hit me for 37k, I was stunned to see that much damage from a Elite..

nick_b

So I just restarted the game. Haven't touched it in a year. Level 19 Sylvari Ranger was as far as I'd gotten. Made a Norn Warrior today by the name of Bjeurn and joined the GAFGuild.

Any ideas on what to do/have fun with? I am worried that I will get bored and drop the game again. Also any tips and tricks?

Any ideas on what to do/have fun with? I am worried that I will get bored and drop the game again. Also any tips and tricks?

It really depends on what you like doing. If you want to have some structure, you could do the Hearts and events in the starting areas until you're high enough level to do the next Personal Story mission, do that, then go back to exploring and doing content until you're high enough for the next mission. Once you hit 30, the first dungeon (Ascalonian Catacombs) unlocks, which is a lot of fun and I'm sure GAF members would be willing to do it with you.

If you get a bit tired of that, head to PVP and hotjoin, that'll let you play around with level 80 skills and you can muck about hitting other players. Don't worry too much about winning or losing, since you're just learning.

There's also WvW, if you're looking for something large-scale, but I'd recommend having someone explain it in a bit more detail, or reading up on it, or heading in with GAF members that are going to go roam (not sure if you're on Stormbluff Isle).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys, drunk Goat Simulator 4-player split screen is one of the greatest things.

Edit: also when is Anet going to hire Retro. His ideas are golden.

BraXzy

Guys, drunk Goat Simulator 4-player split screen is one of the greatest things.

That sounds like fun!

Thank you Retro for helping me once again with skins and dyes :D

My Warrior is looking kick ass if I may say so myself. Lets hope someone sells me that hammer. Jumping puzzles were fun, here is a lil group photo.. I'm no good at takin em but hey they picked me to do it :p

Retro

It takes a whole hell of a lot more than good ideas to develop games (something so many poor souls have yet to grasp). I did the whole game development thing years ago (three shareware games in high school / early college) and while it was fun, it was also a lot of work (and I wasn't even doing most of it).

If they asked me (and they wouldn't), I'd honestly turn them down. The last thing the games industry needs is another "Idea man."

Hellers

I haven't played for a while but I swear leveling is a ton faster now. I decided to try and get my ranger to 80 and the levels are just flying by with me just running around doing stuff. It never used to be this fast.

I'd forgotten how much fun it was just tooling around doing stuff

Moondrop

Banned
I'm giving up my gimmick sPvP warrior build to focus on axe/bow. It's not that it was bad as much as bow is too good. The tricky part is picking the offhand weapon.

I haven't played for a while but I swear leveling is a ton faster now. I decided to try and get my ranger to 80 and the levels are just flying by with me just running around doing stuff. It never used to be this fast.

I'd forgotten how much fun it was just tooling around doing stuff

I don't think they made any changes to levelling, other than the account-wide XP boost you get from Achievement Points, but that's unlikely to be a factor here. I think you might have just been hitting a good stride of events or Hearts, and your server might have had an XP boost from being ahead in World vs World.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't think they made any changes to levelling, other than the account-wide XP boost you get from Achievement Points, but that's unlikely to be a factor here. I think you might have just been hitting a good stride of events or Hearts, and your server might have had an XP boost from being ahead in World vs World.
XP acquisition rate in the open world is one thing they absolutely haven't touched since launch, but actually what he might be experiencing is the tweaks to downscaling/mob HP since the April 15th patch. If you're in an area below your level you still get just as much XP but stuff dies notably faster, so in total I bet the rate of leveling has accelerated.

Hellers, see about getting your hands on the new killstreak booster though, it'll be even crazier :D

Thorgal

ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

I want to suggest something to do after missions today :

Since the labyrinthine cliffs will be only around for 3 more days. i want to suggest we get as much people of the guild together today in the cliffs as we can and take a Guild group photo in the cliffs as a Memento .

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

Since the labyrinthine cliffs will be only around for 3 more days. i want to suggest we get as much people of the guild together today in the cliffs as we can and take a Guild group photo in the cliffs as a Memento .

2nded

Shiokazu

i got some kind of earache...
(it means im sick.)

been there for a while but i think i should let people know.

but im going to be there for at least S2 day one. im going sylvari.

Anno

ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

Sounds like a good idea!

Hmmm...wonder if it's worth throwing ~160g into a Chaos of Lyssa investment. Probably will, not many festivals coming up in the near future where it would make sense to put it back in. Wish me luck!

Complistic

ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

We certainly must do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom