• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Guys! Guys! It's me! I'm the one sleeping! :D

I just saved myself however many skill points, and 3G by doing a quick swim in Orr (For a trait). I should really check the requirements before I lazily buy the guides blindly in future.

Speaking of, I just did this (be lazy and spend money) today for all my missing traits. Feels good.

BraXzy

Speaking of, I just did this (be lazy and spend money) today for all my missing traits. Feels good.

Haha. It's far too easy to do it, some of the trait requirements are such a hassle when you just want to be able to test out builds. All the same, I'm going to try to at least make an effort to save money and SP's :3

Forgot to post these:

My boss newly geared Warrior (WIP)

RVOY7nr.jpg

Frog March during guild missions

Lump's face though

Jump around!
And photobomb too if you're Kos :p

Thorgal

I wish there was a way for me to attend the Guild lottery but that happens way to late for me .
By the End of the missions + taking a picture it was close to 5 AM over here .

Not that i particularly mind pulling a night over once in a while . but there has to be a better way for us EU peeps to atend the lottery without looking like zombies the next morning :p

Anno

I wish there was a way for me to attend the Guild lottery but that happens way to late for me .

Not that i particularly mind pulling a night over once in a while . but there has to be a better way for us EU peeps to atend the lottery without looking like zombies the next morning :p

Sure, anyone who puts in their 1-5g is eligible for the lottery drawing. Being present only gets you in on the 10g door prize as well. So just throw in and check this thread afterwards to see if you won!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

D: You don't have to be there for the drawing dude!

Tickets can be purchased at any point during the week. You don't even have to come to missions at all (Sunday makeup missions, at 3pm Eastern Time, are much more reasonable for EU players to attend, and the more people that need them the more turnout we'll get for help).

Also, the game's population is seriously going crazy right now- please do use 2-factor authentication for your account. I suggest it on whatever email address you are using to log into the game as well, it's just good practice.

BraXzy

What a pretty game.

Indeed. Awesome shots everyone! Since 90% of the guild are silly Asurans, I stand out like mad wahoo! :D

Damn , the gates of maguuma forum on the GW2 site is pessimistic right now .

To be fair, it's more the guy who made the thread being pessimistic and everyone else telling him to wait till its out to judge/defending Anet etc. I think people just want to see the goods now, since barely anything has been shown outside of a few teases. But it's not one of those things that you want to see tonnes of stuff on. I can't wait to see all the stuff they've been keeping under wraps.

Thorgal

D: You don't have to be there for the drawing dude!

Tickets can be purchased at any point during the week. You don't even have to come to missions at all (Sunday makeup missions, at 3pm Eastern Time, are much more reasonable for EU players to attend, and the more people that need them the more turnout we'll get for help).

Also, the game's population is seriously going crazy right now- please do use 2-factor authentication for your account. I suggest it on whatever email address you are using to log into the game as well, it's just good practice.

I really don't mind doing missions that late since its Sunday although of course i won't be doing that every week and stay that late .
Besides , no amount of sleep was going to prevent me from getting on that guild photo :p

If theirs a decent group i also don't mind doing makeups today .

As for the lottery. my mistake as i thought you had to be there for both the doors and the drawing .

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I must say I'm really enjoying my PVT guardian with hammer/staff (and backup scepter/torch, though people say I should use focus instead).

And I am going to stick to her princess charr look

The official forums are where the people that hate the game but refuse to stop playing it go to try and find others for their self-righteous pity party. Do not go there.

No trolling beats the trolling of a vengeful ex-fanboy. On certain old fansites, nothing is more sadder watching someone who left the game 3 months after release still trolling.

Retro

Sorry I wasn't on for missions or the group photo (awesome shots, by the way, sorry I'm not in them).

Meg and I drove up to Pennsylvania Dutch country for a nice day out, then we came home and I promptly fell asleep on the couch. Meg tried to wake me up for missions, but when she said Ash and Hawk were on I sort of sleepily said they would handle it and fell back asleep. Oops.

Retro

Is there an EU Gaf guild yet?

We had originally planned to have a bunch of EU players roll on NA servers for the Beta Weekends to see how latency was and then have everyone just roll on SBI if it wasn't too bad. Before that come happen, one of our members (Naito, I think?) decided to just take the initiative and push for a separate EU Guild even though we knew it would only be about 40-50 people total. He kind of took the decision out of our hands, but we threw our support behind it (forums, separate channels on Mumble, etc.) just the same.

Probably 3 months after launch Naito and the other EU leader, Mulligan, disappeared off the face of the earth. We've been collecting gold in-game to correct their mistake and get players transferred over so they can play with GAF ever since.

So, I guess the TLDR answer would be: No, and there probably won't be one. BUT, we have lots of players from the EU (and Asia, and Australia and South America) who have little to no complaints about the latency or lag. I'd just roll on Stormbluff Isle. If you're worried about not finding people during your playtime, the Megaserver system basically lumps everyone together so it shouldn't be a problem.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
We had originally planned to have a bunch of EU players roll on NA servers for the Beta Weekends to see how latency was and then have everyone just roll on SBI if it wasn't too bad. Before that come happen, one of our members (Naito, I think?) decided to just take the initiative and push for a separate EU Guild even though we knew it would only be about 40-50 people total. He kind of took the decision out of our hands, but we threw our support behind it (forums, separate channels on Mumble, etc.) just the same.

Probably 3 months after launch Naito and the other EU leader, Mulligan, disappeared off the face of the earth. We've been collecting gold in-game to correct their mistake and get players transferred over so they can play with GAF ever since.

So, I guess the TLDR answer would be: No, and there probably won't be one. BUT, we have lots of players from the EU (and Asia, and Australia and South America) who have little to no complaints about the latency or lag. I'd just roll on Stormbluff Isle. If you're worried about not finding people during your playtime, the Megaserver system basically lumps everyone together so it shouldn't be a problem.

How much would it be to transfer? May just delete my characters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there an EU Gaf guild yet?
Yet? :p It fell apart within a few months of launch. There's one GAF guild now and all are welcome, we have many EU and even some Asia/Oceanic members and lag seems pretty bearable from what I heard.

I had that transfer almost ready to go for you months ago but you said you weren't gonna be playing much. We're about to bring Dragonboy over with the current fund but we can put you back on the list for the next one if you're interested!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yet? :p It fell apart within a few months of launch. There's one GAF guild now and all are welcome, we have many EU and even some Asia/Oceanic members and lag seems pretty bearable from what I heard.

I had that transfer almost ready to go for you months ago but you said you weren't gonna be playing much. We're about to bring Dragonboy over with the current fund but we can put you back on the list for the next one if you're interested!

Yeah I'm looking to start playing again, it's just so boring by myself

esai

could someone please upload the gamepad files? when i try doing it from the link i get this message:
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

Retro

could someone please upload the gamepad files? when i try doing it from the link i get this message:.

I do believe you can download the individual files to get around that. I dunno why Google has it flagged, but... yeah. I'll let Hawkian know (actually, he's probably read your post and typing up a response now), maybe we can re-host it somewhere else.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
there's definitely no virus. I'm not sure what to do some I'm not the one hosting it. :( I'll pm weltall to take a look. can you download individual files from the Google doc? if you look in instructions . txt , thereis at the bottom a section for how to download the applications used, and then the rest of the files you need are non-executable. But I have no clue why it's being flagged like that. I guess I'll repackage the zip and upload to media fire or something...

esai

I do believe you can download the individual files to get around that. I dunno why Google has it flagged, but... yeah. I'll let Hawkian know (actually, he's probably read your post and typing up a response now), maybe we can re-host it somewhere else.

there's definitely no virus. I'm not sure what to do some I'm not the one hosting it. :( I'll pm weltall to take a look. can you download individual files from the Google doc? if you look in instructions . txt , thereis at the bottom a section for how to download the applications used, and then the rest of the files you need are non-executable. But I have no clue why it's being flagged like that. I guess I'll repackage the zip and upload to media fire or something...

well i cant download individual files cause i still get the same error. but i can open the .txt so ill just have to work at it.

Thorgal

We got some of our new guild members through their first Fractal today so Congratulations Guys.

gw22014-06-3000-45-12u3kte.jpg

We cut it very close though and therefore i give a special congratulations for Ike for beating the Reactor boss fight all by himself .

Thanks for saving our bacon .

I owe you a gold coin :p

Shiokazu

uh... um kind of worried if the friends i asked to be given invitation to the guild are being nice and all to everyone in the guild.

while they tend to be nice people, one of them dont have much patience to the failure factor, so making dungeons with him and failing a bit might make him quit the dungeon.

if they cause any kind of trouble i'll respond for them ok? i feel like they are my responsibility here, if by chance they ruin anyone's day or something like that just let me know, i'll try to handle them, alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom