• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

I want to suggest something to do after missions today :

Since the labyrinthine cliffs will be only around for 3 more days. i want to suggest we get as much people of the guild together today in the cliffs as we can and take a Guild group photo in the cliffs as a Memento .

I will be there! Great idea :)

ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

Since the labyrinthine cliffs will be only around for 3 more days. i want to suggest we get as much people of the guild together today in the cliffs as we can and take a Guild group photo in the cliffs as a Memento .
no because I won't be there.

BraXzy

no because I won't be there.

Good!

I'm deciding on what runes to throw in all the gear I've got for my Warr. Someone suggested for my PVT gear (for WvW) that I throw in Ruby Orbs, which are Zerker gems, to make the difference. What are people's thoughts? I still have little clue about builds/meta.

Thorgal

Quoted for new page :

ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

I also went looking around for good looking spots :

All on this small island with some standing in the shallow water. .
gw22014-06-2819-48-56jkjma.jpg

or here

Everybody on this rampart with the big guys in the back at the top. small at the bottom in front .

Or here

Feel free to give your opinion or another/better location .

Anno

I'm deciding on what runes to throw in all the gear I've got for my Warr. Someone suggested for my PVT gear (for WvW) that I throw in Ruby Orbs, which are Zerker gems, to make the difference. What are people's thoughts? I still have little clue about builds/meta.

For WvW I think Hoelbrak runes are great for guards and warriors. Strength runes are more DPS in other situations but the -condi is amazing for wubwub.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ATTENTION! ATTENTION !

Yes! Also, can't believe I forgot to mention before now, but we're gonna do one last Blitz run in the hour before missions tonight.

Offseason Event #5.19 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 6/28 at 8:00PM EDT

Once last chance for GAF to lead the charge in the Crown Pavilion!

We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 7:45PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble or map chat!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. The community has adapted to be able to hit silver even without full coordination, which is awesome... but as in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
  • General strategy: those with tags will post up at each slice of the "pie" corresponding to each boss and we'll shuffle people around to have around the ideal number at each. Kuraii, Boom-Boom and Sparcus benefit from having the fewest. Frequently call out boss percentages in map chat and adjust your DPS to keep things as equal as possible.
    -Boom-Boom should always be the first to die. Only high DPS or condition damage builds should fight her, and prioritize the turret!
    -For Shurakk, have a few people dedicated to grabbing and tossing birdseed away from the boss to distract his swarms.
    -Best people to have on Pyroxis are those with high sustain, healing, HP/invuln. Mesmers and guards with reflect can hurt him from safety as well. He has undodgeable fire blade attacks (
    imagine that
    ) that will cut through squishies like butter, but they can't hit you if you stand on a certain rock.

Katoki

Good!

I think it's perfectly fine to go this way to start out and see where you stand in terms of what you want to do out there. Then you can swap out pieces as you feel you need to for more damage or more armor and the likes.

ss_lemonade

Well, just started playing the game again for the 3rd time (for some reason, I keep stopping after a few weeks of playing). Starting as an engineer this time around.

Anyone getting a lot of crashes lately? This is probably the worst now, last night my game froze up twice and wouldn't let me end the game process or something leaving me to just do a restart. Today, the game crashed again twice on me. At least it closed the game this time after crashing.

I was once part of the gaf guild but not anymore. I'm guessing its because of inactivity but I was wondering if I could join again?

Thorgal

Well, just started playing the game again for the 3rd time (for some reason, I keep stopping after a few weeks of playing). Starting as an engineer this time around.

Anyone getting a lot of crashes lately? This is probably the worst now, last night my game froze up twice and wouldn't let me end the game process or something leaving me to just do a restart. Today, the game crashed again twice on me. At least it closed the game this time after crashing.

I was once part of the gaf guild but not anymore. I'm guessing its because of inactivity but I was wondering if I could join again?

Sounds like the issue might be on your end .
have you tried repairing the client ?

Not sure about the crashing - I've not experienced it myself, but if you're having them it's a real issue. Does it do it even if you lower all the graphics settings?

Just post your in-game name or accountname.number to be added to the guild.

Retro

Absolutely fantastic idea. It'll be at least another year before we get there, and based on the trailer for Season 2 there might not be a Zephyr Sanctum next time.

Feel free to give your opinion or another/better location

Up at the top of the cliffs with the sanctum behind us, since that's likely the part that won't be there next time around. If Miktar is on, he could theoretically do one of his big multi-photo bits so we get as much of the airship in as possible (if he's up for it).

Post your character name or account name here and one of the officers should be able to send you an re-invite.

For the guild picture I suggest the area where the dolyak race ends with either the ship or the cliff in the background. The vertical aspect is what really made the zone special.

Retro

Why does the shadow extend beyond the doorway. Shouldn't the light extend inside? Or if the light is coming from the right, shouldn't the whole outcrop cast a shadow?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm so sorry guys, I'm gonna be late for our Blitz event. If nobody else is willing to lead it I totally understand :( Sorry, I'm helping my parents out around the house and totally lost track of time. Will be back ASAP.

Levyne

Banned
At level 80 what quality of dropped armor/vendor and what do I sell on Trading Post?

Greens and Blues just salvage or vendor. Rares you should salvage for Ecto. Exotics generally TP but always double check the value of the Rune vs the armor.

Greens and Blues just salvage or vendor. Rares you should salvage for Ecto. Exotics generally TP but always double check the value of the Rune vs the armor.
I've been throwing greens in mystic forge to unlock skins and possibility of getting rares(yellow) which sell for a whole lot more than 4 greens on tp.
Or toss exotics into the mystic toilet and prey to the deity of your preference for a precursor popping out .
Only works with exotic weapons but you will hate yourself of you do this.

wrongway

Hey gang, could I get an invite to the guild? Retro's post about the season 2 stuff inspired me to check the game out again, haven't really played since a month or so after launch.

account name is wrongway.3914 and my character is Kera Shan. Playing for a few now. :)

BraXzy

Guild missions were a tonne of fun. I might post the shots I took if they turned out alright. Thanks to those who came with me on the CoF1 run and congrats to lottery winners!

Hey gang, could I get an invite to the guild? Retro's post about the season 2 stuff inspired me to check the game out again, haven't really played since a month or so after launch.

account name is wrongway.3914 and my character is Kera Shan. Playing for a few now. :)

Welcome! I'll ask now in guild chat if anyone has seent his yet.

EDIT: An officer just invited you, welcome aboard!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Incredibly smooth, fun, and quick mission saturday night fever tonight. :D First tries on everything, got everyone their comms (except for guesting bug still in effect :'() and even punctuated halftime with a quick Karka Queen!

Congratulations to Modric for the 10g door prize and Lump for the 61g jackpot. He generously left 21g in the bank as seed money for next week's drawning! Also, thank you everyone for the lightning-fast contributions to our transfer fun. We raised over 50g in about 12 seconds. We have enough now for Dragonboy's transfer. Dragonboy, please post in here some times that would be convenient for you and we will get you across!

Picture time:

"Everybody in the back jump on 3! 3... 2...1..."
"Okay whatever."

Somebody's sleepy...

All chillin with some 8-bit tunes courtesy of DJ Jazzy Ash

And my pick of the lot. :)

gafcliffs6.png

GAFGuild, June 2014

BraXzy

Somebody's sleepy...

Guys! Guys! It's me! I'm the one sleeping! :D

I just saved myself however many skill points, and 3G by doing a quick swim in Orr (For a trait). I should really check the requirements before I lazily buy the guides blindly in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom