• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Who's playing Clark Kent in your picture Miktar?

I thought the exact same thing haha.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's...

tumblr_n4a5lsTzKH1s2wio8o1_500.gif

uh... um kind of worried if the friends i asked to be given invitation to the guild are being nice and all to everyone in the guild.

while they tend to be nice people, one of them dont have much patience to the failure factor, so making dungeons with him and failing a bit might make him quit the dungeon.

if they cause any kind of trouble i'll respond for them ok? i feel like they are my responsibility here, if by chance they ruin anyone's day or something like that just let me know, i'll try to handle them, alright?
Make sure they read the policy on GAFGuild.com because if that keeps happening it will not be good if they want to stay in this guild.

Anno

On-the-fly trait resets have made the gauntlet bosses so much more fun. Hopefully they add some and more crazy challenges next time the festival comes to town.

Heysoos

So, I got myself full set level 80 rare armor and weapons, which dungeons should I do for money? What about for gear? :) Thanks for all the help guys.

BraXzy

So, I got myself full set level 80 rare armor and weapons, which dungeons should I do for money? What about for gear? :) Thanks for all the help guys.

The best way to get starting exotic gear imo is either Edge of the Mists or Dungeons. CoF (Crucible of Flame) paths 1 + 2 are easy and quick with 1G each + extra at the end.

I did EotM during levelling and had enough currency to buy 2 full sets for my Warrior when I hit 80 :D

Citadel of Flame path 1, Sorrows Embrace Path 1, Honor of the Waves Path 1, any Ascalon Catacombs paths are the ones that are run the most. Each give about 1.5 gold per run.

Run them with GAF if you can so they can teach you them before trying to PUG them.

Heysoos

The best way to get starting exotic gear imo is either Edge of the Mists or Dungeons. CoF (Crucible of Flame) paths 1 + 2 are easy and quick with 1G each + extra at the end.

I did EotM during levelling and had enough currency to buy 2 full sets for my Warrior when I hit 80 :D

Citadel of Flame path 1, Sorrows Embrace Path 1, Honor of the Waves Path 1, any Ascalon Catacombs paths are the ones that are run the most. Each give about 1.5 gold per run.

Run them with GAF if you can so they can teach you them before trying to PUG them.

Sweet! I'll get working on that tomorrow then. I'll hit up the guild chat and see if anyone can help me. :) I'll just keep exploring the map for now.

You can also clear all 3 CM paths in about 30-40 minutes with a thief or engie that knows his bidness.

So, y'know, not kos.

Can also do TA forward maaad mad mad fast. nearly pretty much every single trash mob in there is skippable.

spiritfox

If you guys want a list of good dungeon paths to farm gold on:

AC 123
TA Up
SE 13
CoF 12
HotW 1

That's 9 paths, if you do them you'll get around 18g daily.

Edit: CM I feel relies too much on a good party composition to PUG regularly.

Saggy

Hey guys, just bought this game knowing next to nothing about it, but saw that it was only $25 and didn't need a monthly subscription. Haven't had the chance to play yet, but thought I'd at least introduce myself here!

Any advice/warnings for what I've just got myself into?

Levyne

Banned
Was able to get the meta done today thanks to the fact that we found a decent pavillion. Beat Liadri's ass again, feels good to be back.

Levyne

Banned
Hey guys, just bought this game knowing next to nothing about it, but saw that it was only $25 and didn't need a monthly subscription. Haven't had the chance to play yet, but thought I'd at least introduce myself here!

Any advice/warnings for what I've just got myself into?

Do you want to be in a guild full of helpful people of all playstyles?

Levyne

Banned
What's the catch?

You have to put up with Kos.

Being serious, just put your account name here and you can get an invite. We don't have any requirements of any sort except to basically follow the same rules as GAF goes by.

name.####

As for general tips...I guess one of the first things you'll notice in the world is a sort of map completion. When you go into zones, you'll see points of interests, vistas, events, etc. A map % will slowly tick up. Don't worry too much about maxing out zones sequentially or letting the map decide where you visit. Easy way to make the game feel like a chore.

Try out a few classes up to level 20 or so. Warrior and Ranger are the easiest to get into. Mesmer and Engineer probably the hardest.

Saggy

You have to put up with Kos.

Being serious, just put your account name here and you can get an invite. We don't have any requirements of any sort except to basically follow the same rules as GAF goes by.

name.####

As for general tips...I guess one of the first things you'll notice in the world is a sort of map completion. When you go into zones, you'll see points of interests, vistas, events, etc. A map % will slowly tick up. Don't worry too much about maxing out zones sequentially or letting the map decide where you visit. Easy way to make the game feel like a chore.

Try out a few classes up to level 20 or so. Warrior and Ranger are the easiest to get into. Mesmer and Engineer probably the hardest.

Sounds good! :)

Probably won't be able to play for a few days, but when I get some time off I will definitely give a look into trying out different classes! Thanks for the welcome so far guys!

Oh, and account name is SaggDog.5109. Feel free to ridicule me for the lame username - it's just something I've been using since the AIM days and it's stuck with me since, haha.

Levyne

Banned
I've never done any dungeons at all yet. What's the best way to get started? Any particular one I should start with?

What level are you? Well, the answer is pretty much any dungeon that's been listed on the page would be a good first dungeon, lots to choose from.

Edit: But yes, the Story path of the catacombs if you narrow it down to one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope the answer is AC Story :D It's an order of magnitude easier than any other dungeon bar CM story, and the first golem in that one can wipe a pug even these days ;)

BraXzy

GAFwars is a frighteningly helpful and nice community, sometimes I feel the whole thing is a front for a ritual sacrifice or something.

Darn. The cat is out of the bag! We can't sacrifice these new guys now, they know too much.

I've never done any dungeons at all yet. What's the best way to get started? Any particular one I should start with?

Ascalonian Catacombs is the first one you can do I believe so that dungeon is fairly good for starters. I'd be happy to do some dungeon runs with you whenever you're on (and I am too ofc). Welcome to the guild and game btw!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got mine (though I did it on the wrong gauntlet arena so the guild didn't see ;_;)...

The Queen's Gauntlet is some of the best content I have seen in any MMO. Even the shitty non-skill factors are more reminiscent of "Nintendo-hard" than "bad-design-hard." So. damn. satisfying. Rocking my title with pride. :D

Good luck to Retro still hunting her down out there!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I agree. The challenge has been very welcome. However frustrating it was, it was insanely satisfying to finally finish it.

DrAg0nBoY

Yay I am on SBI now :D. Now I can do stuff like dungeons and stuff with you guys. Never done any before so that will be fun.

And I am right in time for Season 2, woohoo.

Thank you again guys.

danthefan

We got some of our new guild members through their first Fractal today so Congratulations Guys.

gw22014-06-3000-45-12u3kte.jpg

We cut it very close though and therefore i give a special congratulations for Ike for beating the Reactor boss fight all by himself .

Thanks for saving our bacon .

I owe you a gold coin :p

Thanks again for showing me the ropes!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still need to do Liadri ;_;

If you guys want a list of good dungeon paths to farm gold on:

AC 123
TA Up
SE 13
CoF 12
HotW 1

That's 9 paths, if you do them you'll get around 18g daily.

Edit: CM I feel relies too much on a good party composition to PUG regularly.

Actually I think HotW1, while easiest compared to 2 and 3, still feels a hassle due to how long the bosses die. I've seem CM1 and 3 be done so quickly without thieves even.

We got some of our new guild members through their first Fractal today so Congratulations Guys.

http://abload.de/img/gw22014-06-3000-45-12u3kte.jpg[IMG]

We cut it very close though and therefore i give a special congratulations for Ike for beating the Reactor boss fight all by himself .

Thanks for saving our bacon .

I owe you a gold coin :p[/QUOTE]

It would have been better if everyone got to do the whole fight, but I have to admit that I had a lot of fun showing off.

[quote="danthefan, post: 118865336"]Thanks again for showing me the ropes![/QUOTE]

Thanks again for coming along! You and Refyref were quick studies and everything went unbelievably well for a first time fractal. Especially for a party with people at levels 28, 22, and 16!

DrAg0nBoY

Ok guys, two things.

1. OMG, OMG, OMG I just saw what I can get with the different dungeon tokens :O. I need to do the runs, because I would like some skins for my thief, because I see there are no Valkyrie attributes. Which brings me to my second point.

2. So I posted this build link which I have now (http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZE...uBwqB-TxRBwAROFAYV+Nc/B86Dyp+DgnAgZlgECw8WA-e). Now the weapons are not a problem because they are Berserker, armor is Valkyrie (is there something similliar as Valkyrie?). The problem I have are the accessories. It says Berserker + Valkyrie. Where do I get those and how do I get those?

Katoki

Those are probably the ones you'll have to pick up from the laurel vendor. I know that the guild commendation vendor only sells the berserker accessories. Another option is probably buy it from the fractal vendor with enough relics.

Thorgal

It would have been better if everyone got to do the whole fight, but I have to admit that I had a lot of fun showing off.
Everything went well until i got knockbacked into a purple square which is a reminder for me that i need to bring Stability along for fractals.

Proven

I'm going to regret having not attended a single GAF Boss Blitz. Onward to Season 2 still.

I'm giving up my gimmick sPvP warrior build to focus on axe/bow. It's not that it was bad as much as bow is too good. The tricky part is picking the offhand weapon.

That's a shame but understandable. Assuming you save enough fury for Eviscerate, Shield is probably a decent offhand for it still. Mace has that knockdown too.

BraXzy

I'm glad more people have defeated Liadri before she flees, it's the most satisfying feeling.

I've decided I'm going to buy the Slickpack with my leftover festival tokens because it is an alright backpiece which will probably never feature until perhaps next year and I think I might regret not having it when it comes to me running an Engineer
possibly an Asuran one at that

Since it's the last day I guess I'll just spend the rest of my gauntlet tickets, have one last trip to the bazaar and maybe attempt Liadri on my Warrior for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom