• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Awesome to see so many new people joining the fray. There's gonna be plenty of people to share the upcoming releases with :D

Damn why am I always at the top of a new page.

XlQUbGh.png

H0rKkrE.png

Wow. The Twitter team deserves cupcakes every day for having to put up with crap like that.

Holy crap, this new season is bringing in a lot of new blood (or re-introducing old blood...ew).

Welcome one and all to the guild, I expect you'll find a lot of helpful, awesome people to play with. Have fun guys!

BraXzy

Holy crap, this new season is bringing in a lot of new blood (or re-introducing old blood...ew).

Welcome one and all to the guild, I expect you'll find a lot of helpful, awesome people to play with. Have fun guys!

It looks like their content release method works, there has indeed been a lot of new and returning players coming through recently.

Random fact, my Warrior now has a higher map completion % than my Thief, with a third of the play time.

Minamu

For sure! A few things (not stuff to worry about at your level, just kinda filling you in at how this all shakes out):

1: There's a buff called "vigor"- Mesmers can get access to it through two traits, one of which gives it to you on critical hits, which is pretty awesome- that increases your rate of stamina/endurance regeneration.

2. There are two sigils (weapon upgrades) that can give you stamina back. Sigil of Stamina refills a dodge whenever you kill an enemy; Sigil of Energy whenever you swap weapons. The latter one is AWESOME, and especially on Mesmer*

3. There are consumables that increase your stamina regeneration.

Having access to dodges as much as possible is important to pretty much every class.

*Not to blow your mind apart too much, but when you get a bit higher leveled, there's a Mesmer trait that creates a clone every time you dodge. It is as awesome as it sounds, Combined with Sigil of Energy that's an extra clone every time you swap weapons... om nom nom
Sounds awesome, can't wait until I get to lvl 30 and beyond :D

Mxrz

Its hard to believe some of the stuff I've seen on Twitter directed at ANet at times. I did not think such genuinely horrible people existed, let alone attach their name and picture to comments that scream "I am a huge fucking douchebag."

Looking back at ANet's history with GW1, betting Zerk-only and pve stacking will go the way of the W/mo runner. Something like that is hard to nerf, but easy as hell to counter at the design stage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So hey all new and returning players! This is crazy impromptu but tonight I'm going to be doing some of the current, awesome in-game content that is going away with the start of the season tomorrow, and I realized that I could also be showing it off to you guys as a sort of guided last-minute tour! There's some stuff that is really worth seeing if you can make it on tonight, so here goes.

---

Offseason Event #6 - Farewell to the Four Winds - Monday 6/30 at 8:30PM Eastern Time

Just picked up Guild Wars 2? Returning to the game for Season 2 after a long hiatus? Want one last fond look at the Zephyr Sanctum and Crown Pavilion?
Lazy and still need some last achievements for your meta cough like me cough?

Let's say goodbye to the Festival of the Four Winds in style. For those who want to know a little about what's going on in-game lore-wise: in the wake of the destruction of the city of Lion's Arch by a psychotic villain- her successful attempt to wake a powerful Elder Dragon- the people of Tyria have united to help rebuild and rejuvenate our spirits before the trials to come. Among those offering aid and distraction are the Zephyrites, a sky-faring merchant civilization who have docked their impressive armada of airships in the Labyrinthine Cliffs, and Queen Jennah of Kryta, the leader of the human stronghold known as Divinity's Reach.

The Labyrinthine Cliffs is a beautiful, inspired zone that focuses heavily on platforming using special movement skills and creative jumping. There's a lot to do there but almost no combat at all.

The Crown Pavilion is a special arena in Divinity's Reach with two components: a Boss Blitz, where a huge number of players need to coordinate to bring 6 bosses down at about the same time, as quickly as possible, and the Queen's Gauntlet, a solo arena where you fight against increasingly difficult bosses until finally meeting- and coming to despise- its champion, Liadri the Concealing Dark.

All of this content uplevels you to 80, and the Labyrinthine Cliffs stuff especially could be done at level 1 without any issue.

Here's a rough agenda:
  • We'll meet in Lion's Arch by the boat dock to head to the Cliffs. Before we take off, I'll explain a little about the city (it's amazing, though not in the best shape right now) and point out some useful services. If you've never been to Lion's Arch: click the PvP icon (crossed swords), then click "Go to the Heart of the Mists," then once there, find the purple gate with lion statues on either side and walk through it. You may have to do a brief tutorial first.
  • From the bay dock at the Labyrinthine Cliffs, I'll lead us up to the sky docks where you'll see the flagship of the Zephyrites, the Zephyr Sanctum.
  • We'll hunt for Sky Crystals scattered throughout the zone and lead you to a few of the Masters- particularly tough to find ones.
  • I'll point out the NPCs to access the two minigames, Sanctum Sprint (Mario Kart on foot) and Aspect Arena (twitchy PvP/CTF with your choice of fire, wind, or lightning spells).
  • We'll take part in a Dolyak Calf race!
  • Nice big dive off the bough of the Sanctum- bring a swimsuit.
  • Then we'll head back to Lion's Arch and on through the gate to Divinity's Reach, the human capital.
  • Boss Blitz is a bit intense to learn all at once in one night, but outside of the main event we can hunt the many veteran mobs in there together for pretty great XP and achievements!
    plz halp me kill centaurs and pirates
  • I'll lead us up to the catwalks to show off the Queen's Gauntlet- anyone interested in testing their skills at the game's combat, this is where to do it! While the toughest challengers will completely wreck new players, the first few are simple enough that upleveled characters can take a whack at them no problem.
    -Boom-Boom should always be the first to die. Only high DPS or condition damage builds should fight her, and prioritize the turret!
    -For Shurakk, have a few people dedicated to grabbing and tossing birdseed away from the boss to distract his swarms.
    -Best people to have on Pyroxis are those with high sustain, healing, HP/invuln. Mesmers and guards with reflect can hurt him from safety as well. He has undodgeable fire blade attacks (
    imagine that
    ) that will cut through squishies like butter, but they can't hit you if you stand on a certain rock.

If you plan to attend, please please please download and install Mumble- you don't have to talk at all or even need a mic, it's just immeasurably helpful to be able to listen so that I can explain things there rather than typing my brains out. :)

I really hope to see at least some brand new faces there- this stuff really is worth seeing, and it goes away tomorrow for who knows how long!

BraXzy

Yay for a great GAF send off to the Zephyrytes. I'll be there. I just got the 5 and 3 gambit on Tier 3 boss achievement. That's pretty much me settled with the gauntlet now. I'm gonna farm chances till I run out of tickets.

I asked this in guild chat but I'll ask here too out of interest.. do people sort their inventory by bags, or make it into one big one?

Minamu

When would this event above take place? :) It's almost 2am here already and all I've eaten today is old popcorn from last night and licorice candy :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One hour from now. :-/ Sorry about the time zone thing!

Whether or not you attend I encourage you to acquire something to eat with protein in it in the near future :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I apologize to all our EU guildies, a lot of the scheduled events I run are in U.S./eastern primetime hours :'(

However, our weekly makeup Guild Missions on Sundays are at 3:00PM EST, and we're always happy to see folks show up for them!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How long do you think it will take for this event?
Hmmm. I wasn't thinking about going particularly fast or anything because it's just fun stuff to check out, but it will be pretty much just a little intro to each thing and then I'll let everybody go off to do what they feel like... maybe 45 mins.

Minamu

One hour from now. :-/ Sorry about the time zone thing!

Whether or not you attend I encourage you to acquire something to eat with protein in it in the near future :D
I'll probably be up then, just need to make a fast hamburger or two ;) My gf is away on vacation so I'm free to do whatever I want so my daily routines are shot to hell xD

Even though I decided to play for a bit at least, the game decided not to work.
I keep getting an error (c06d007f) whenever I open the launcher. Even the -repair command won't work, as it still crashes.

th3dude

So hey all new and returning players! This is crazy impromptu but tonight I'm going to be doing some of the current, awesome in-game content that is going away with the start of the season tomorrow, and I realized that I could also be showing it off to you guys as a sort of guided last-minute tour! There's some stuff that is really worth seeing if you can make it on tonight, so here goes.

Excellent! This is exactly what I was hoping for tonight. Looking forward to it!

Callunah

Neo Member
Even though I decided to play for a bit at least, the game decided not to work.
I keep getting an error (c06d007f) whenever I open the launcher. Even the -repair command won't work, as it still crashes.

are you trying to "run as administrator"?

or perhaps do a google search... someone else has most likely had the same problem, and hopefully has posted a fix or a work around.

*fingers crossed*

are you trying to "run as administrator"?

or perhaps do a google search... someone else has most likely had the same problem, and hopefully has posted a fix or a work around.

*fingers crossed*
Luckily a restart fixed everything. Still not sure what it was though. Thanks anyway :D

I'm so sad I had to leave so early.
The lag was unbearable. And I didn't have any sound. I'll try a clean install, hopefully it'll fix everything for tomorrow.

xeris

Yay for a great GAF send off to the Zephyrytes. I'll be there. I just got the 5 and 3 gambit on Tier 3 boss achievement. That's pretty much me settled with the gauntlet now. I'm gonna farm chances till I run out of tickets.

I asked this in guild chat but I'll ask here too out of interest.. do people sort their inventory by bags, or make it into one big one?

By bags. stuff I almost never use goes at top. Things like res orbs, temp merchants, etc. Next up is consumables other than event/quest items, then destruction stuff and finally event/quest items.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Hide bags + one invisible bag in the bottom slot that holds my gear swaps, food, minis, and whatever else I don't want messed with.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And I thought S2 would be today. Isn't it Wednesday in NA?

EDIT: oh wait it isn't, but will it be up at 12AM in NA EST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom