• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

Hello, everyone! I was taking a break from GW2 and haven't played since January of this year. I hear that a loooot has changed, and for the better. I'm installing all the patches right now! I'm super excited for Season 2!

Minamu

So what exactly is happening tomorrow? New season I hear but what does that mean in practice? Like a new expansion?

BraXzy

So what exactly is happening tomorrow? New season I hear but what does that mean in practice? Like a new expansion?

I'll let someone who experienced the first season to explain better but basically, every 2 weeks a new piece of content will be added (called a release) and it all follows a storyline that will lead to something. I'd look up Season 1 to see what kind of thing you can expect to see, but they will have learnt from it and improved.

Levyne

Banned

Well, here's the teaser. (Well, I call it a teaser).

And the season 1 recap

And this image. I'm going to keep it full size just because.

3fb83S2_Announce_EN.jpg

Zone Portal = new zone or zones. We don't know how many. If there are multiple, are they all at once, or something per update?

Season 1, though not called "season 1" at the time was a series of updates every two weeks, with a main update lasting for 4 weeks and then a second update adding to it for the next 2, typically. Does that make sense?

4 week patch begins->2 weeks later a major update to that->2 weeks later both patches end and you go to the next. Generally this was the flow. So we can expect season two to follow a similar format. Maybe. No one knows what all will be available with "episode 1".

Patch notes should go up some time before the patch itself hits....guess who's going to be keeping an eye out for that at work..

Lunar15

You'd think that Anet would want to play up new features in season 2 before it starts, you know?

It's such a good launching point, but everything's all kind of a mystery. It's cool to keep the story a mystery, but you'd think that you'd really open up about the kind of features people can expect to, you know... market the game to new players and those that have fallen out?

BraXzy

WebM form, testing if this works..

http://a.pomf.se/izhpgk.webm

Working, black bars top and bottom though ^^

You're still new. Get a season under your belt and you won't be new anymore.

If you think the game's been neat so far, you're in for a treat.

Haha alright I'll get my certificate of non-newness after this season I guess! God it's so close.

It was a lot of fun taking one last trip through the festival as a guild. I'm glad some of the new members who hadn't seen it at least got a decent look and try at some of the stuff. I hope everyone got the rewards that they wanted in time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks so much to everyone who came out for our event. I had a blast, and I hope some of our newbies enjoyed themselves too! I got my meta and when it became clear that even people starting from scratch could get it too, I abandoned the idea of showing the Gauntlet in favor of getting as much of that done as possible. All in all, I believe seven people got their meta done as a result of this cooperation when they likely wouldn't have otherwise. Just outstanding- you guys are the best.

My interest in this game, 1.7 years in, is at an all time high. Can't wait for tomorrow.

WebM form, testing if this works..

http://a.pomf.se/izhpgk.webm

AW YISS.

Levyne

Banned
Working, black bars top and bottom though ^^

Heh, that's how the video is. I guess you could gifcam it out.

Thanks so much to everyone who came out for our event. I had a blast, and I hope some of our newbies enjoyed themselves too! I got my meta and when it became clear that even people starting from scratch could get it too, I abandoned the idea of showing the Gauntlet in favor of getting as much of that done as possible. All in all, I believe seven people got their meta done as a result of this cooperation when they likely wouldn't have otherwise. Just outstanding- you guys are the best.

My interest in this game, 1.7 years in, is at an all time high. Can't wait for tomorrow.

AW YISS.

Glad you guys managed it. I'm surprised I was able to sneak it in before some of you. And damn, nearly 2 years.

Some shots from todays guild trip (Epic backflip ftw)

Goodbye Bazaar, we hardly knew ye.

Bonus Pic: Me and Hulk

;_;7

Levyne

Banned
By the way I want to say I love Braxzy's avatar. I didn't even know what ShovelKnight was and still thought it was awesome.

You're not allowed to change it.

BraXzy

NoWayJose

Neo Member
Could I get an invite to the guild? I bought it during the sale so I'm new to the game and might need some help to get used to it.

Here's my username: NoWayJose.1027

Levyne

Banned
Could I get an invite to the guild? I bought it during the sale so I'm new to the game and might need some help to get used to it.

Here's my username: NoWayJose.1027

An officer should grab you (and Leila) pretty quick if not already.

Man, new people (and ...everyone) are just going to be overwhelmed tomorrow. Gonna be information overload.

th3dude

Big thanks to Hawkian for organizing tonight's event. I had a blast. First time really playing since early 2014 and I'm very excited for Season 2.

Stayed up a bit later than I'd have liked to, but the event got me so close to the meta, and here's the result...

gVtu8bG.jpg

Thanks again!

Katoki

Leila and NoWayJose were added. Remember to hit "Represent Guild" for your current and any subsequent characters when you log onto them.

Morokh

Was able to level my warrior from 67 to 80 in a little less than 4 hours in Eotm yesterday after struggling to find a decent one all week-end, that was quite the ride with lots of fights and not just the usual Karma/Champ train ! Fun times !

Now I'm all set for Season 2 ! BRING IT ON !

Cronox

Banned
Just started this game, interested in the 360 controller files, but Google drive seems to think every file in the zip has a virus and won't let me download anything. Is there an alternative link?

wrongway

Didn't get too much done in the way of achievements for the festival in my two evenings with the game, but it was really cool to see and explore nonetheless. Definitely one of the most striking and creative areas I've seen in an MMO. :)

Refyref

Thanks Hawkian and everyone for the recap event last night (or this morning, I guess. :p), I managed to get the meta achievement due to it. It was great fun running through all of that with everyone!

Glad to see so many new members join the Guild just in time for CANADA DAY!!!!
TheMostCanadianPicEver-91028.jpg

Have a great Canada Day everyone, and remember to be nice and say sorry a lot today, just like a Canadian does every day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just started this game, interested in the 360 controller files, but Google drive seems to think every file in the zip has a virus and won't let me download anything. Is there an alternative link?
Damnit, this cannot stand! Give me a minute ;_;

Lunar15

I read that preview and holy shit.

Some really really good sounding ideas there. What's nice is that with the journal you can just kind of take your time with it once you unlock it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/0...now-about-guild-wars-2s-second-season-living/

After traveling to the far western reaches of the Brisban Wastelands and pushing through the tentacle-like vines choking the area, players will enter a portal that takes them to a brand-new zone. Guild Wars players may recognize the name of the new area: Dry Top. However, as Waller noted, "It's been over 250 years since Guild Wars, so a lot has changed."

Some things players will experience in this new iteration is a huge sandstorm that periodically whips up. When the sandstorm is happening, the events, the encounters, and the types of rewards you can get will all change from what is available when there is no storm. One particular event in the new land is a king of the mountain-type event, where players are fighting a mob that consistently tries to chuck them off the mountain.

Additionally, the aspect crystals that the Zephyrites had on their ships are spilled across the new landmass, so players will be able to use the movement skills associated with the crystals. Waller noted that players will have to be wary of the Inquest faction, which sees an opportunity to grab the crystals and exploit the situation and the Zephyrites' misfortune.

WOW!

Levyne

Banned
So it's (size)
one zone, "Dry Top", which is what I expected but probably less than the forum zealots wanted.

Non spoilery comment

" the main story is getting quite the twist this season. In fact, the devs admitted that some fans are sure to be upset, and not because the story is bad, mind you, but because of how it unfolds. Whiteside's comment was that "it's going to be another shock to the system," just as demolishing Lion's Arch was."

oh oh oh

and the Elite achievements sound basically like what the Tequatl event has..at least to me.

I wonder what cacti food will do...doesn't sound pleasant.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not reading it.

Not reading it.

NOT READING IT GODDAMNIT.

Gamepad fans ahoy!

Download the profiles/script here: https://www.mediafire.com/?xdyibug9yid7tv4

Then:
1) Go to http://www.freewarefiles.com/Xpadder_program_21789.html and download version 5.3 of XPadder, and put it wherever you unzipped that too
2) Go to http://www.autohotkey.com/ and download AutoHotKey. Install/decompress it, then run "ahk2exe.exe" from the "Compiler" folder. Click "Browse" next to "Source file" and open the included "Guild Wars 2 Mouse Script.ahk" script
3) Follow INSTRUCTIONS.txt

I have NO IDEA why Chrome just decided to consider some of the files in this zip to be infected. We literally haven't touched it in over a year and there's no virus.

Retro, until further notice please replace the like in the OP with the above instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom